• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 12-13

Didn't we all ...

They spend quite a bit of time introducing the college student
and then revealing it was Kafuka,
only to completely ignore that in the remaining episodes of the season.-_-

I must say that despite some of the best bits yet, I did not enjoy Zoku as much as its predecessor. The extreme repetitiveness of the show got to me and I'm feeling pretty burnt out at the moment. SZS worked because the formula was still fresh and the introductions to the characters served as a good mix up. During the few times Zoku was willing to stray away from its established blueprint it was great but it was not nearly often enough. Oh well, first episode has earned a firm place on my "best comedic episodes" list. Bring back HAMASHO.

I swear I love me some Sayonara Setsubo Sensei but the part in bold holds so darn true. I started Zan SZS roughly 6 weeks ago or so and since then have gotten to episode 7. It's still pretty darn good and clever, albeit almost too ridiculous at times, but the pattern of this show really burns you out.

Project K Series Thoughts

I found K to be pretty mediocre to be honest. The story leaves many things unexplained or underdeveloped. The seven kings backstory in particular feels empty and hallow. We don't get any details on how the Kings became Kings, how did HOMRA and Scepter 4 form,
or the relationship between the Red and Blue Kings before the story began and why they began to drift over time.

The characters apart from maybe Shiro and Kuro, are pretty bland. No one receives any sort of character development or backstory. For instance, how did Anna end up with HOMRA, and why she is so loyal to the Red King or how did Neko gain her powers? These are never explained throughout the show.

The main villain just sucks, he receives no character development or explanation for
his evil and insane nature. Furthermore, he's seeking power and spreading chaos for the sake of it rather than due to any actual motivations.
He doesn't even get a name for god's sake!

It's not all bad mind you. The action scenes are pretty good, helped by the fantastic animation. The soundtrack is unique and well done. The dub is well acted but otherwise nothing special.

Overall, K has great production values but is undermined by it's bland characters and messy story.

Taruranto

Psycho-WAT #4

StwsaDk.jpg

WAT

Laughing Under the Clouds Episode 5 Tenka, Shaken by Turmoil
B1ThAS1CAAARhVi.png

Sora nii so happy to be getting trained. Fun times ahead definitely.

Enjoyed the episode
but the orochis vessel reveal :( Great cliifhanger to end on

duckroll

Tachikawa himself? I wonder if Yoshinari owns the rights to Little Witch Academia then.

http://www.goodsmile.info/ja/product/4016/リトルウィッチアカデミア+ブルーレイ.html

©Y.YOSHINARI/TRIGGER Inc.

http://animeanime.jp/article/2014/10/31/20697.html

(C)立川譲/「デス・パレード」製作委員会

It looks like part of the Anime Mirai deal is that the directors own original creations along with the studio.

Changing the name from Death Billiards to Death Parade also makes me think it won't be just a bunch of pool games.
I hope it's episodic, personally. With a different theme or "game" each episode, but always having those two bartenders.

Jarmel

Banned
©Y.YOSHINARI/TRIGGER Inc.

(C)立川譲/「デス・パレード」製作委員会

It looks like part of the Anime Mirai deal is that the directors own original creations along with the studio.

That's actually really interesting. Normally it seems like the studio would own the rights. I wonder why that's the case? Is it done to sort of limit franchising in that there are restrictions put on the individual rather than the studio or something like the director could prevent the whoring out of the franchise? Or could it work as a personal motivator in that the directors have a stake in the outcome of the project?

I'm actually liking G Reco. I'm not really sure why. I really hated the first episode and whilst it has improved, my feelings towards it has gone up far more than the raise in quality would imply. I really like the artstyle and the quality of the art has been superb. I'm even finding the silly cuts to be rather endearing. Maybe I'm an actual Gundam fan....

Brynhildr in the Darkness 06

Hit the third button and see what it does!

Things gets sad and uh... it's actually somewhat effective... Then there's more harem comedy stuff and it's a good thing MC knows this super smart scientist guy then.

If only. Hopefully they don't just stick to the pool theme as that could very easily get stale.

In the Death Billiards short, pool was randomly selected from a square of various games. So I imagine there'll be a different game each episode. Maybe that'll even be the theme for the episode titles, like "Death Golf" or whatever.

Jarmel

Banned
In the Death Billiards short, pool was randomly selected from a square of various games. So I imagine there'll be a different game each episode. Maybe that'll even be the theme for the episode titles, like "Death Golf" or whatever.

Sounds just like normal golf except you die from something other than boredom.

Amagi Brilliant Park 4

Good episode. Glad Sento is more than just some walking fanservice that shoots stuff. Shes clearly not cut out for management and its no wonder that Amaburi became such a shithole when she was in charge.

Amagi Brilliant park 5

51JkieC.png

FANTASTIC episode. I loved everything about this. The humor was awesome. Loved the scene where Moffle fell into the pit and Kanye just looked and continued calling for Sento. Sento's text messages and kaomojis were so inappropriate too.

Tiramie is just the best. I loved all of their expressions. The dragon was so cute too haha.

Using the last minute of Halloween to say...that it was actually my birthday today! It's been great and I look forward to all the leftover cake and pumpkin I have lying around!

Now to watch some G-Reco!

Terraformars 6

I love when keikaku comes together, especially when you had utterly no time to prepare such an elaborate plan ahead and no time to establish the life line that won both battles at the same time. This guy makes spider man's spider sense look pathetic

TUSR

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom