• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
ShiroBako 02

Yeah Im way behind on this. Like the production staff in the show yeahhhhhh

So meta!

Aoi has patience of a saint to put up with that Director.

Nordicus

Garo 4

The episode was a bit of a formulaic mystery story but I liked it. Especially the ending, because in no way was the village going to suddenly change their ways, and the writer seems to agree with me. I enjoy "Germán's" little genre savvy moments
ZeRh4LW.jpg
u5k9RlL.jpg
vbTeN0Z.jpg

Midonin

Sailor Moon Crystal 09

Now I'm seeing where the hairdresser episode took some of its plot elements from, and the backstory is the same as it ever was, just with somewhat prettier animation and showing more things on screen this time. Having the Dark Kingdom be on the moon instead of in the Arctic is a pretty big change, though.

cajunator

Banned
I was watching Shirobako thinking to myself "it would be awesome to bundle some OVA's of Exodus into the blurays, Genshiken style". And apparently thats happening.

Sailor Moon Crystal 9

Despite Usagi being sad going on a bit longer then I'd have liked, this still does a far better job of making us feel for Usagi over the return of her memory and similar loss not only of her current love but of her love from her past life. Minako is 1000000x better in this adaptation as the leader of the scouts as opposed to the 5th one who showed up because she was in the manga and the old anime team had no idea what to do with her.

Midonin

Vanadis 05

I'm still more interested in the castle life scenes than I am in the war scenes, but now that the wars are between Vanadises, it's much easier for me to become invested in them. A bit more magic, and there's people who are sympathetic on both sides. Tigre's turn as a bear and his bonding had some cute moments. That they're at war more because of tradition than anything in particular is an interesting wrinkle to this.

Log Horizon 5

Well damn that escalated quickly, everyone took a massive L this week guess everyone has to grind more and get better loot.

Really fantastic episode that shows why Log Horizon truly excels as a series, fantastic writing and character that really suck you in and make the time fly by.

JoeFu

Banned
Log Horizon 5

Everybody got rekt

So the teaching stuff is just a natural level up to the skills? Just working hard/training to get better? That's how it sounded anyways.

The whole murderer storyline is getting really interesting with how it ties with the Kunie clan and all that.

We're getting to the point to the flash forward at the end of Episode 1 and I'm really looking forward to see what goes on after it.

Cross Ange 3

I laughed when the other 12 year old died, at least finally Ange has stopped being a crying baby, got herself a super robot, and has gotten into SRS mode. This anime is still shameless and the next episode preview clearly indicates it's not getting any better on that front.

Log Horizon 5

Everybody got rekt

So the teaching stuff is just a natural level up to the skills? Just working hard/training to get better? That's how it sounded anyways.

The whole murderer storyline is getting really interesting with how it ties with the Kunie clan and all that.

We're getting to the point to the flash forward at the end of Episode 1 and I'm really looking forward to see what goes on after it.

Answering the bolded :
It's about using new ways to use old skills In short now that it's not a normal game some skills get other uses When coupled with new situations. The new situation part is tricky because it can be "another skill used at the same time" , it can be situationnal and so on. In short it's new ways to use old skills or ways to use 2+ skills at the same time to produce new effects ( depend on the class and the user)
Because of the fact that it's also based on each player stat and class/build , most of the "teaching" are unique to each character

JoeFu

Banned
Answering the bolded :
It's about using new ways to use old skills In short now that it's not a normal game some skills get other uses When coupled with new situations. The new situation part is tricky because it can be "another skill used at the same time" , it can be situationnal and so on. In short it's new ways to use old skills or ways to use 2+ skills at the same time to produce new effects ( depend on the class and the user)
Because of the fact that it's also based on each player stat and class/build , most of the "teaching" are unique to each character

Ah sounds awesome. Can't wait to see where it goes.

Cross Ange 4

1264091579_kirk_rofl.gif

I'm dying after this episode, bad ass Ange is hilarious in her "don't give a FUCK" and seeing her school the bullies like a ninja was amazing. Then of course the ending hahahaha oh lawd I can't breathe who comes up with this crazy crap?

Your Lie in April 4

So thats what the hospital visit in the last episode was about huh? Seems kind of predictable now going forward.

Still enjoying it. The performance was nice.

Amagi - 05

Yeah this was a enjoyable goofy episode. It had it's funny moments. Tiramie is best mascot. The texting with elemental girls felt weird and shoehorned in

I've seen this hentai before

I loved that scene. Hilarious stuff

It seems there was an interview on how the Opening Unravel came to be and the reason for why the lyrics perfectly convey Kaneki's struggle and the atmosphere of Tokyo Ghoul's manga.

Here's Tokyo Ghoul OP Singer TK from Ling Tosite Sigure Interview

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1296331

Lol TK is a fan of Tokyo Ghoul and actually read the manga, that's awesome.

Nobunaga Concerto 3 (live action)

Seeing it live makes some of Saburo's character seem more naive and silly than the anime did. But the same is true for some of the leaders too and even his wife. She's still third best in the cast or even second best because of her dunderhead lines, taunts, and other parts to him, like the death poem part made me laugh.

Enjoyable episode, great outcome.

Midonin

SAO II 17

As a three-part bonus arc, that was actually pretty enjoyable. Everyone got to play a part, the action wasn't too bad, and though the ice dungeon wasn't too detailed, the world of ALO is personally more interesting to me. Just a fun adventure serial type story. Though I think the next and final episodes of this season starring Asuna should be even better. It could bring her up to Snow Black level, if everything turns out okay. I wouldn't mind if there were more arcs like this one.

Laughing Under the Clouds Episode 1 Three Brothers, Standing Under the Clouds (engDub)

Not funi's best dub, but just as entertaining as it was in JPN. I still prefer soramaru's jpn voice over the english one, but I like chutaro's english one. Still funny how he always says sir.

Deadly

SAO II 17

As a three-part bonus arc, that was actually pretty enjoyable. Everyone got to play a part, the action wasn't too bad, and though the ice dungeon wasn't too detailed, the world of ALO is personally more interesting to me. Just a fun adventure serial type story. Though I think the next and final episodes of this season starring Asuna should be even better. It could bring her up to Snow Black level, if everything turns out okay. I wouldn't mind if there were more arcs like this one.
I also thought this story was alot funner. Just a typical raid, nothing super serious like the rest of the show.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Ore, Twintails ni narimasu 4
This show is way too entertaining.
Dat eroge part slay me. That dissapointment when you think you unlock ero-scene, but nothing happened. And now, new era come upon us. Twintails era!

Parasyte 4

Parasyte is actually quite parallel with the process of growing up. Our body start to change, we gain new perspective and all that jazz. Dad is the best.
Talking about mother, i guess show about mother being sensitive and knowing his son better is a theme in other manga during that time. Remind me of Drifting clasroom where the mother play a very important role in the story thanks to her connection with her son.

Yuki Yuna is a hero 4

Why can't i hold all these death flag.jpg
SoL episode without anything important happen except the last 5 minutes.
Shit about to go down.

phaze

Why didn't I know that the guy who did Texhnolyze and Shigurui is nowadays directing Terra Formars ? I must check out this undoubted masterpiece.

Blusby

Unlimited Blade Works 04: This episode was pretty bad not even gonna lie, it was a culmination of pretty much everything I disliked about the VN. The only worthwhile part of it was the end of it where Team Rin check out the building, well at the very least the next episode should be action oriented.

Midonin

Waremete 05

Computers don't quite have souls yet. It's really more of an elaborate chatbot that the computer club created. The scene between Yui and Kaori was pretty nice, and parallel worlds and timelines are being foreshadowed to an extent that something has to tip sooner or later.

Fate/stay night UBW 04

So when Shiro said "Kiritsugu knew her", he accidentally told the truth, but at the same time, not quite. The opening scene with Illya was also interesting. It makes me wonder if she knew what he really thought of him. As much as I begrudgingly admit that F/Z does give this more context, the show is still doing its own thing. In a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom