• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalow

Space☆Dandy 26 END
-
aoty.
well, you should also watch Ping Pong, that's another valid candidate for aoty.
Space Dandy is gonna win anyway, sorry guyz

for this season so far I'd recommend parasyte, shingeki no bahamut, mushishi and if you're into Gundam I guess you could check out g-reco and build fighters s2, if you haven't watched s1 then do it now. edit/ oh, people are saying that Shirobako is also pretty good, I haven't started it yet.

e_i

The Fruit of Grisaia episode 5

Jesus FUCKING CHRIST, dude? Did you go to the Rin Tsuchimi school of saving girls? Serious, that's a messed up way of doing it.

Anyone who played the Grisaia no Kajitsu visual novel:
Did they ever go into detail on whose heart Michiru recieved? I'm assuming it was a girl just based on how she acted. Or did Michiru just create the personality of her dead friend and the heart-personality thing never happened?

Giving answers again :

She received the heart of some girl that was living in america and was in a thetargic state because of an accident.
The heart personality thing did happen. The thing with her friend was really skipped in the anime but that was pretty much an emotionnal trigger for michiru , but she didn't create the personality , there are really 2 girls personalities in that body.

The Fruit of Grisaia episode 5

Jesus FUCKING CHRIST, dude? Did you go to the Rin Tsuchimi school of saving girls? Serious, that's a messed up way of doing it.

The anime cut a scene where
he told everyone that she was dead , and she was forced to hear and listen to the rest of the cast crying about her death

yeah this guy methods are not recommanded for normal humans

Syrinx

SNAFU 1-3

Pretty much everybody in this show is irritating to some degree, either because they're loud weirdos (light novel dude, fat tennis guy) or because they're total pricks (the main two). Having the protagonist write "everybody should just die" or whatever lame thing he wrote in his homework isn't the best way to introduce him, even if you're establishing him as an antisocial asshole.

Thoraxes

yeah getting a refund might be a stretch with tsri but it's worth a shot

i wonder how the itunes version compares to this mess

Returning them is easy as long as you didn't open them. Hell, if you have a sub with them you even get an extended return window.

Blusby

Grisaia is just HEAVILY rushed.

if anyone can handle BAD ENDINGS , just play the Vns , excellent experience.

I read the VN and the thing is, the only good part about it was the funny common route. The girl's routes are all laughably bad and this seems to be what the adaptation will be focusing on, the badly written durama. I was really hoping for 13 episodes of nonstop Juicy Yuuji shenanigans too :/

Thoraxes

Stuff like inferior visuals on the Western releases of BD's always sucks, especially because the only reason you'd buy anime as a fan is as a 'collectors' item considering the proliferation of streaming. When I have the option I'll pick up the JP BD if it is has English subs, but that's rarely available..

At least Aniplex is here for us!
Though mostly our wallets

Even though it's expensive, Aniplex does a great job and it shows.
When I uploaded the completed version of the death scene in Wizard Barristers 11 earlier, I mentioned that almost the entire episode was redone. Here are more examples for non-believers!

TV: http://a.pomf.se/hhsgvk.webm
BD: http://a.pomf.se/hsqohj.webm

TV: http://a.pomf.se/lczyde.webm
BD: http://a.pomf.se/dmzdsb.webm

These two sequences are the worst parts of the first 4 minutes of the episode which have been corrected. Lololol.

Oh fuck yeah. I always believed.

Clov

I really don't feel like any of Mushishi's memorable episodes have come about during this run.

I couldn't disagree more. Episodes 2, 4, 13 and the second special in season 2 are among my favorite Mushishi stories. To me, the show is still just as good as season one; it's still interesting, still very well directed, and still (if not more so) beautiful to look at.

Jarmel

Banned
I really don't feel like any of Mushishi's memorable episodes have come about during this run.

I feel it's been competent enough. The first season has issues too.

It's really hard for me to say whether particular episodes are better or worse in the series as so many, feel so similar. That said there have been some serious lowpoints in this run but these things happen.

javac

I ended up backing the Patema Inverted Kickstarter when it was running, no idea if the movie is good or what it's even about but the 'Ultimate Edition' looked nice for £35 so I couldn't resist. Not sure if the film needs an Ultimate package but it looks nice at least :p
gbDbnwI.jpg

GnLZoSA.jpg
Anyone have an experience with the movie? If not, maybe it could be something for y'all to check out :)

I also backed the Mai Mai Miracle Kickstarter and the LWA2 Kickstarter, I look forward to getting those! The LWA Blu-ray looks nice on my shelf, such a nice package! Ended up going for the $100 tier. Sad I missed out on the Bubblegum Crisis Kickstarter and was sad I missed out on the Time of Eve Kickstarter, but that's going on sale soon I believe.

cajunator

Banned
I cant justify 500 for TTGL :/

same. Theres a volume release thats cheaper.

I ended up backing the Patema Inverted Kickstarter when it was running, no idea if the movie is good or what it's even about but the 'Ultimate Edition' looked nice for £35 so I couldn't resist. Not sure if the film needs an Ultimate package but it looks nice at least :p

Anyone have an experience with the movie? If not, maybe it could be something for y'all to check out :)

I also backed the Mai Mai Miracle Kickstarter and the LWA2 Kickstarter, I look forward to getting those! The LWA Blu-ray looks nice on my shelf, such a nice package! Ended up going for the $100 tier. Sad I missed out on the Bubblegum Crisis Kickstarter and was sad I missed out on the Time of Eve Kickstarter, but that's going on sale soon I believe.

I WANT THAT

Watched S4 of the Wire. While for the most part I still prefer Breaking Bad, S4 might be the best TV I've seen. So firehawk and dresden weren't lying. Or whoever it was that I was ranking dramas with a while back.

javac

I WANT THAT

I posted a thread about the Kickstarter when it went live but I don't think anyone replied to the thread! D:

I think it was opened to the UK only but I think some people abroad PM'd them and got it that way. They actually have the Ultimate edition up on their store since they had a few left over from the KS but the price is higher. Link

It comes the following and should be in my hands by the end of Nov.
-Ultimate Edition box, with custom digipack to hold the DVD and Blu-Ray etc.
- A numbered art card certifying the release.
- The visual fan guide (full of art, settings & design notes) - translated into English.
- A replica of Lagos' letter from Patema Inverted.
- Both the BD and DVD discs
- Also includes Kickstarter exclusives: Postcard from Lagos, Bonus art card, Digital wallpaper pack, Digital press book written by Jonathan Clements and Crowd production credit.
Have you seen the movie by any chance? I think it looks pretty cool so I'm looking forward to it :D

cajunator

Banned
I posted a thread about the Kickstarter when it went live but I don't think anyone replied to the thread! D:

I think it was opened to the UK only but I think some people abroad PM'd them and got it that way. They actually have the Ultimate edition up on their store since they had a few left over from the KS but the price is higher. Link

It comes the following and should be in my hands by the end of Nov.

Have you seen the movie by any chance? I think it looks pretty cool so I'm looking forward to it :D

Looks amazing. Does it work in US bluray players?

javac

Looks amazing. Does it work in US bluray players?

Damn I keep forgetting about region codes even though I was just lamenting their exsistsnce a few paragraphs up. I'm not sure on that front I'm afraid. I think it might be locked to Region B. I'll look into it for ya however!

...I guess this is as good as a segue as any to talk about the Miyazaki Box-set the UK is getting. I'm super jelly as I already own all of the Ghibli Blu-rays but I will probably double dip if it's still available down the road.
*drool*
I'm sure this will be region locked

I guess this a good time to discuss your fave Ghibli Film?
My top three Ghibli films are (in no particular order)
  • Only Yesterday
  • Porco Rosso
  • Whisper of the Heart

javac

The UK keeps getting amazing releases :(

Nah the US gets some amazing stuff we don't get too! The UK is just blessed in regards to Ghibli releases. Of course in regards to PQ, some may argue the UK releases not to be the best, that would go to Japan (duh!) and the HK releases while the US is slightly ahead at times in comparison to the UK but the UK beats them on release dates which we are miles ahead. More to do with Disney I guess on that front.

Clov

The UK keeps getting amazing releases :(

I'm very jealous of the UK; mostly because they have the BD of Perfect Blue and we don't. In fact, the only Satoshi Kon BD we have in North America is Paprika. What I'd give to have all his work on BD...

Arcade Gamer Fubuki - 1

This is like that Twintails show that's currently airing, only slightly less crazy.

Given the tumblr image that prompted me to check this show out, I guess I expected a potential List candidate. Well, I stand dissapointed in that regard, but I'll see how this show goes. I mean, it's only 4 episodes.

javac

BTW that Miyazaki Box-set costs £180 which is around $290 USD. I'd gladly pay that if I had the money and doubly so if I didn't already own them all multiple times (steelbooks, JP releases etc) but I may still get it if it hasn't sold out down the line.

I'm very jealous of the UK; mostly because they have the BD of Perfect Blue and we don't. In fact, the only Satoshi Kon BD we have in North America is Paprika. What I'd give to have all his work on BD...

I own that Blu-ray, it's a nice package. Also own the Limited Japanese Blu-ray with the lenticular case. Has a "NSFW" image when looked at an angle :p The UK Blu-ray has the same image under the discs. Picture of the set here (NSFW I guess :p) Link

cajunator

Banned

If there is ever a bluray of Millennium Actress no joke I will buy at least two copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom