• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Looks like with DST changing over where it has in the world, all Funimation shows and Aniplex streaming shows have moved up an hour. Not a huge adjustment in terms of schedule, but enough to note.

Narag

My Little Country Can't Be This Reactionary

wonzo should use this for his nanowrimo project since he shot down the suggestion I gave him of a band of friends reuniting ten years later, each affected in their own way by the shared tragic clam digging accident of their youth

Clov

WTK posted the Non Non Biyori cover art.
https://twitter.com/WTK/status/529831912752578561

B1pXUGBCYAAsP7q.jpg

Looks really cute! Can't wait to get it in early January.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! 88

Yurika, if you're gonna do endorcements, don't do them for sugar-overloaded breakfast cereals. That's how you get childhood obesity.

What's with this Loli Gothic dude and tiny hats?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Could you imagine if someone had a scar on their face in Tokyo Ghoul. They would have had to obscure their face every time they appeared on the screen because that red line would just be TOO MUCH for TV.

G-Reco 06

Does anyone else need to constantly be rewinding scenes just to make heads or tales of them? So far I'm pretty lost as to what the goals of anyone are. It doesn't help with all the technobabble.

StayDead

I haven't been here since the last OT since I forgot to update my subscription but I've just started watching Sora no Method and it's cute as hell. This sort of show is why I love anime. So cute, looks fun and relaxing too, perfect! :>

I've also been watching Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete which has a fun story but the animation is abysmal and Amagi Brilliant Park which is all around awesome.

jgminto

G Gundam 49 END
I've said it once and I'll say it again, G Gundam is the greatest romance ever told. It was so unbelievably satisfying to see them break through this hurdle after a near fifty episodes of developing their relationship as friends, partners and much more. What was impressive was that it never reached a point of frustration like some attempts at romance do. Even though they weren't in a relationship, you could feel their already strong connection even after a few episodes. The show didn't feel the need to explicitly shout at the viewer "Domon and Rain have a strong relationship and chemistry" because it was simple to see. And when Domon finally said it I could almost feel the tears welling up as a result, it was that powerful.
Now I'd just like to sit down the writers of GBF Try and show them this as an example of an amazing romance told with Gundam. I've said it before but G and Try are almost on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to romantic writing and it shows. A slow, strong, emotional romantic element is unbelievably more satisfying than a cheap, flirty, hollow mess of anime romance tropes. Even separated from Gundam, G is legitimately one of the most enjoyable romance stories I have experienced.
Now I'm really excited for the 14th Gundam Fight Tournament!

...oh

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 5:

Yes, yes, this was rather a solid episode as we are shown Team Try working to improve themselves and I really did like the care they put into that, like we can actually See what Sekai is doing to overcome his most obvious flaws Also, we have some nice chracter building this episode. The shiptease spots are nothing but annoying at best and scene ruining at worst, too much, too soon. The actual fight was a nice showcase of the improvement of Team Try and not much else really.
It seems that Fumina Hoshino's idol is the current Mejin, that is most interesting for many reasons.
Finally, we can see the rivals being established here for the battles that will actually matter, not much else to say really.

jgminto

Gundam Build Fighters Try 5
imvoDerTc2SVW.png

That's some dedication to the team theme.
Solid episode for the most part. It was satisfying seeing Sekai approach the competition more seriously with training, although I don't think it will lead to anything other than Burning Gundam moves in different settings but I am just fine with that. The exploration of Fumina's passion for gunpla and drive to win was worthwhile as well, being inspired by a badass female competitor who kicked all the male fighters' asses is a pretty damn good backstory. Yuuma is still the weak link in the team for me. He stopped fighting because he was destroyed in a previous fight but now he can suddenly make Ral-san lose his cool? Where's the build up? The fights themselves this episode were fairly standard, I found the short showings of the other teams (and the quick Gundam Spiegel appearance) to be more interesting that the Try Fighters' quick domination of their competition. Also please just cut Sekai's sister from the show if her sole role is going to be making googly eyes at Sekai and Hoshino's non-romance. And ditch Gyanko while we're at it. I think she could be a cool rival for Hoshino, her fierce exchange with her was fun but the boy jealousy and Sekai fangirl role is already getting old.

G Gundam 49 END
*snip*

GUNDAM FIGHT-O! REAADDDY...GOOO!

Man, I loved the part where the guy at the beginning asks the audience to shout it with him. It just felt so magical.

Such a great show.

Gundam G-Reco - 3

I still don't have a clue what's going on in this show. Like, there's some entertaining visuals here and there, but could someone please just do a narration sequence just so I can get an understanding of some kind? Hello?

Gundam Build Fighters TRY - 5

Pretty all right episode. A nice start-up to the qualifiers.

The new Ramba Ral voice is definitely going to take some getting used to though.

Midonin

Gundam Build Fighters Try 05

A smaller role than I was expecting, but I'm glad to have Kaoruko back among the cast. Figuring out a way to walk in space was also pretty cool, and the moment when Fumina first transformed her flight pack thing into a mini-robot was neat. Gundams don't quite get super robot level in their transformations, so something like that is welcome. Enjoying the show so far.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Another day another bastion of tears from shipping fans.

Today is going to be fucking glorious.

Well, it isn't like they are going to hook anybody up till the end of the season anyway. I mean this shit is accelerated but even they don't seem to be working that fast.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh, yea, that, it is a shit ending, no doubt, I just want to rage about one paring in particular but I don't care that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom