• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

Chaika AB: 5

purple hatsune miku turned into a gundo
i1WGfAhZG8Jvy.gif
???

Parasyte - 05

Good episode. Can't say I'm surprised at what happened, but it was still quite effective. It'll be nice to see how our MC evolves from this. Hopefully he drops the pussy attitude and starts to take no shit from anyone.
That new girl has some voodoo spiritual power, not sure where to put her yet. Will be interesting to see how they asspull the ending, seeing the still image preview.

I think it's a bit unfair to call him a 'pussy' when he's still sticking his neck for others. He's a brave weakling who still is terrified at situations most human beings would be scared of. Regardless, a change in attitude
is almost guaranteed considering his dark moments during some scenes

Nah Kana is from the manga, this is the anime original character:

Lol what's even the point of her? She hasn't appeared since and seems to just be another girl with a crush on Shinichi.

Parasyte - 05

Uh, I read the manga too much time ago and I didn't even remember that happening. Cool, I suppose, as I could watch it as a new watcher. Though now that I've seen it I have vague memories of what happens next.
Good stuff.

I think it's a bit unfair to call him a 'pussy' when he's still sticking his neck for others. He's a brave weakling who still is terrified at situations most human beings would be scared of. Regardless, a change in attitude
is almost guaranteed considering his dark moments during some scenes

Oh yeah he no doubt is brave, but because he sounds so weak and puny during he'll be a brave pussy in my eyes. Should also be noted I tend to use harsh words in general more freely than the situation may apply, sort of an exaggeration if you will.

Parasyte -the maxim- 5:
Well, that just happened.

The mom getting possessed was obvious, but Shinichi getting stabbed through the heart was pretty shocking. Interested to see what happens after that.

jman2050

Inou Battle 5

Tomoyo acts cute and wants to write LNs (which will then become hated by AnimeGAF I suppose), Andou is an idiot only most of the time rather than the entire time, japanese date ensues, and Hatoko suffers through the hell that is "Being a Childhood Friend"

Also Andou likes guitars because.

Chaika S2 - 05

Burei! Burei! These are some useless guards they have on that base.
Alone time with the two Chaikas was great, I'd very much like to see those two goofballs together more.
Good to hear the tournament is coming up, which I think means
armored Fredrica, fuck yeah
. Can't say I expected OG Chaika to get an upgrade of that.. magnitude. With great power comes great Chaika.

Splatoon for AOTY 2015.

I must have been out of the loop because I never imagined that Naruto shipping got this out of control.

Dude this is nothing.....Naruto's shipping fanbase is insanely big....the amount of ships, the dedication, honeslty I've never see anything like it. There are tens of thousands of doujins/fanfics for the main pairings (sasusaku, naruhina, narusaku....and sasunaru)

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Because you were talking about sex and said rough life and NEVERMIND I GUESS

I dont watch Naruto or read it so I cant connect to this mass sadness felt by the fanbase.

There were entire websites with forums large active forums that speak about this crap that goes back and has lasted 10 years. Lord knows what on earth they spoke about in those 10 years but the fallout was one of the most predictable things ever. The rabidness of Naruto fandom's shipping can hold it's own. They are connoisseurs, of ship-to-ship combat.

I was introduced to shipping by the Avatar series. And still the place I see the most consistent shipping posts are from the Avatar community. Outside of this thread when that shit harem show was airing.

You know...
all of them

narusaku.com

1000's of replies full of salt.

EDIT : Jarmel you beauty ^^^ post is better than mine

wtb narutenten.com

Shippers are the worst.

I read in the mangaf thread one of the pairings... but given that I dropped Naruto years ago, I couldn't even recognize some of the names, so I googled it up one of them....

Google directed me to
narutocouple.wikia.com

A wiki dedicated to couples and ships, with listing of "evidence" of each shipping.
/shivers

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I was introduced to shipping by the Avatar series. And still the place I see the most consistent shipping posts are from the Avatar community. Outside of this thread when that shit harem show was airing.

You know...
all of them

Avatar is fairly tame in comparison to the sorts of crap I've seen in Naruto shipping, probably due to more condensed nature of the show limiting impact the blatantly obvious pairings it was going to happen, and how fairly normal but comparatively mundane the relationships develop.

Naruto has a very old very large shipping fanbase that follows what is essentially a trainwreck romance
among other things
for long periods of time. The ridiculous leaps in logic people still post make my head spin.

Not talking about Korra here though, but I don't see many serious ship posters for the show. Mostly because they realise Mako pairing with anyone is a bad idea.

Gundam Build Fighters Try 05

Ral's new VA really threw me off for a second there. Had to go back and make sure it was Ral talking. I can't really comment on his performance, since he's filling in such legendary shoes.
Art was...off this episode, but it was fun regardless, maybe below the standard of what you'd want from this series, though. Saved by Gyanko and Stargazer appearances.

And that was totally Yuuki and the new Meijin at the end right?

Parasyte 05

Kana's appearance is kind of weird, from the manga. She's the only one who looks different enough that it bothers me a little.
Decent episode, end part was great. Can't wait to see what happens later.
I am so ready for badass Shinichi.

Chaika: AVENGING BATTLE 05
b55fb9c5d7.jpg
e1bfb9d9bb.jpg

Metal Gear Chaika: Gundos of the Patriots

Watching two Chaikas communicate is hilarious. I could watch a whole show of them trying to get along.
I really didn't expect
the girl to turn into a super gundo.
Why are Red and White even fighting anymore? I guess Red is just stubborn.

TUSR

Banned
Chaika: AVENGING BATTLE 05

Watching two Chaikas communicate is hilarious. I could watch a whole show of them trying to get along.
I really didn't expect
the girl to turn into a super gundo.
Why are Red and White even fighting anymore? I guess Red is just stubborn.

managed to get through the episode with only 1 ass and 1 crotch shot.

i guess red chaika is really fan service chaika.

Crocodile

There was a ton of shipping discussion for Korra in the earlier seasons but the creators realized, thankfully, that they couldn't write romance for shit so they dialed it back in the later seasons.

Original Avatar had a TON of shipping conversations if you knew where to look but as the show didn't last FIFTEEN years, there was probably less total shipping conversations than in Naruto.

Chaika S2 05

Any episode with Red Chiaka kicking ass is a good episode. Loved seeing both group team up for a team to help each other get off the island.
Niva being a weapon wasn't all that surprising to me considering how emotionless she is, just kinda made sense to me in a way that all this was done to create a super weapon. Looking forward to Vivi Chiaka next week!

Jarmel

Banned
Parasyte-5

The main character is really starting to piss me the fuck off. I know he improves but goddamn is this shit painful right now. Dude is straight up awful.

That writing
for the mother's death also is a little convenient but whatever

jman2050

Toriyama had this shit figured out decades ago. Don't try to shoehorn romance where it doesn't belong into your manga about superhumans hitting each other and even when you do, keep it simple, to the point, and don't be ambiguous.

Too bad the internet wasn't really a thing back then, there had to have been more than a few Goku-Bulma shippers pissed the hell off when Chi Chi came out of nowhere to snag him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Toriyama had this shit figured out decades ago. Don't try to shoehorn romance where it doesn't belong into your manga about superhumans hitting each other and even when you do, keep it simple, to the point, and don't be ambiguous.

Too bad the internet wasn't really a thing back then, there had to have been more than a few Goku-Bulma shippers pissed the hell off when Chi Chi came out of nowhere to snag him.

You do realize he probably is doing it on purpose right

Detective Conan 342:
It's kind of awkward to put an anime original story here, right in the midst of all the big plot developments of the surrounding episodes. It feels like this would have fit much better if they held off on it until after the arc was resolved.

Judged just on its own merits, it's okay, I guess. For an hour special, it's kind of a waste. The stakes are so low, and pretty much every twist is really obvious. There are some good comedy scenes with Sonoko, but when the stakes of an episode mostly involve tracking down a stolen item, I don't think it needed 46 minutes. The unique setting and the fact that it's just about competent at everything it does keeps it watchable, but it doesn't really go far beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom