• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Not yet, you told me to watch it about 4 months ago though and I haven't forgotten. I have roughly 13 shows on the go right now, its on my Christmas break watch list along with many movies.

Its well worth your time.
people who know me are kind of surprised that its my all time favorite given what I normally squee about but it definitely is.

jman2050

Nozaki is tentatively AOTY for me but Shirobako might steal it if it maintains this level of quality throughout its first cour.

Something like...

1 Mushishi S2
2 Ping Pong
3 Parayste
4 Hunter x Hunter Election Arc
5 Shingeki no Bahamut
6 Nozaki-kun
7 Space Dandy S2
8 Barakamon

But you know, the positions aren't fixed, several of them are very close and could switch in any moment.

Thoraxes

All I know is I got Space Dandy, Jojo, Ping Pong, Silver Spoon S2, Kill la Kill, Monogatari S2, Nisekoi, Mushishi S2, and Tonari no Seki-kun on my list.

Things to watch before AOTY vote:
Ai Mai Mi
Barakamon
D-Frag
Haikyuu!!
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha
Parasyte
Ping Pong
Prisma Illya Zwei
Pupipo
Mushishi
No Game No Life
Nozaki-kun
Silver Spoon
Shirobako
Space Dandy
Anything I'm missing?
EDIT: Editing stuff in.

Pooya

Gargantia ova -1

When this was announced I thought we're getting a sequel, I was excited then they announced it's just two ovas, okay it's still better than nothing, still a sequel right?

They made an hour long episode of inconsequential flashbacks and their effect on present and more uh romance I guess, story doesn't progress whatsoever until the last 5 seconds which is inserted there so that not everyone loses interest in the second one.

It's well made and it's more gargantia but it's not a sequel. I'm not sure if I like where this story is going either.

who is she? spy? doesn't make much sense right now

fertygo

Things to watch before AOTY vote:

Barakamon
D-Frag
Parasyte
Ping Pong
Pupipo
Mushishi
No Game No Life
Nozaki-kun
Silver Spoon
Shirobako
Space Dandy

Anything I'm missing?
Haikyuu!! and Barakamon

Btw NGNL ain't shit to Prisma Illya Zwei if we counting dem filthy show =p

duckroll

Chaika AVENGING BATTLE - Episode 5

Not much avenging, but lots of battles. The security on this island is really some of the worst ever. The guards are so awful they couldn't contain two unarmed girls, or one unarmed ninja, nor could they stop another two people from breaking -in-, and then subsequently freeing everyone else. Chaika has a Miku-Gun now, neat. I guess the tournament is going to start very soon, and there should be some really good action scenes there. :D

I lol'd hard when the guy was like "OH NO, THEY ESCAPED! NO MATTER, THE EXITS ARE ALL SEALED!" and then "OH NO, THEY TOOK MY MOST IMPORTANT EXPERIMENT! NO MATTER, THE EXITS ARE ALL SEALED!" and finally "OH NO, SOMEONE BROKE IN FROM ONE OF THE EXITS, IT'S NO LONGER SEALED. NOOOOOO!!!!" He's fucking awful at his job.

dan2026

Jojo will always win anime of the year in any year it airs. Cuz its freaking Jojo!

Credit to The Seven Deadly Sins, Parasyte and Shirobako though.

AOTY lists , already ?

NGNL is in my top 5 , no contest and space dandy is in my top 3

Unless something crazy happens , chaika is going to be in my top 10

Hxh is probably gonna get a mention since it was the "election arc"

i might do a " disapointment of the year list" to put captain earth , tokyo ESP & persona 4 the golden & amagi brillant park somewhere

StayDead

Sora no Method 2

aCuq0RO.jpg

Yuzuki banzai!

fertygo

AOTY lists , already ?

NGNL is in my top 5 , no contest and space dandy is in my top 3

Unless something crazy happens , chaika is going to be in my top 10

Hxh is probably gonna get a mention since it was the "election arc"

i might do a " disapointment of the year list" to put captain earth , tokyo ESP & persona 4 the golden & amagi brillant park somewhere
You not disappointed with Amagi because not following LN right?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pikmin: Short Movies]

qb1M7Sa.png

Turns out Shigeru Miyamoto should probably make animated films instead of games during his senile years. 10/10, anime of the year and all that.

phaze

Aoty lists ?

So far:

1. Space Dandy
2. Shingeki no Bahamut
3. Ping-Pong
4. Parasyte
5. Nozaki
6. Tokyo Ghoul
7. F/SN:UBW
8. Noragami

4-7 are close to each other and may very well jump or fall from their current positions.

Midonin

Aikatsu! 107

Mysterious guy in the intro turns out to be Dreamy Crown's designer who provides Akari with her first Premium Dress, in this case themed after the princess from Swan Lake, which means she's channeling the power of Duck and Princess Tutu, which is a pretty good path to take. I wouldn't count him as a love interest just yet. Sumire/Akari is still at the forefront here. The sporadic usage of the old cast is also appreciated. Aoi's class this episode, and next episode having more Yurika. S3 is shaping up just fine.

phaze

Naruto Shippuden 385

tumblr_m7y5pjdojr1rzhlps08.png

What could have been ...

Yes lets spend 20 more minutes on Obito flashbacks ... (spoilers for the next few episodes I imagine.)
This talk no jutsu is really going to happen, isn't it ? They're worse than Stalin and Mao combined.

I hope Hidan will crawl out of his hole and become the final villain.

After War Gundam X - 30

So I decided to pick this up again seeing as there were only 10 episodes left.

And wouldn't you know it, this was the episode when important things started happening again. Much different than the super slow pace of the last few episodes I remember this show having.

Parasyte - 05

Too bad about the parents. But at least, until death, they were about as well written parents as you'll find in anime.

I totally disagree with everyone who's saying Shinichi's 'pussy' behavior is pissing them off. Just WHAT THE FUCK do you want him to do in these situations. If he lets Migi take action he's risking taking the life of 4+ people. To win the battle Migi might just hurt them, sure, but Migi's not going to take any risk letting eye-witnesses escape and pose a threat for Shinichi. This isn't some "generic good guy" action, this is where I hope even an asshole would consider his choice wisely. Shinichi's also made perfectly clear how opposed he is to the idea of killing and acting like the other parasystes/like an animal.

So what is he supposed to do? If I were in his shoes I'd feel as helpless. I mean the other guys are stronger than him, period. Contrary to popular believe you'll not just destroy people 1vs4 because you're angry

That he isn't just running away to let Satomi get molested or even raped should be perfectly understandable too.

If anything I'm by bothered by this scenario taking place at all because it was a cheap, generic "bullies beat someone up and hero with new powers gets involved" situation. As far as I'm concerned it was executed well enough but I wouldn't disagree if someone considers it contrived.

Chaika AB - 05

Even for a Chaika episode this plot progression relied way, way too much on the enemies' incompetence. The villain from that episode was also you're typical, purely evil moron.

However we got a bunch of neat action and the new girl transformed into a ludicrous Gundo weapon and all was good.

e:
My AOTY list would currently consist of:

Amagi Brilliant Park

I can't actually remember what else came out this year x_x

It causes brain damage of that degree? Oh boy :(
Hang in there buddy.

Right now, Shirobako has anime of the year for me. Unless it suddenly declines in quality, it should be a pretty easy number one, with Ping Pong coming in at two.

Right now, Shirobako has anime of the year for me. Unless it suddenly declines in quality, it should be a pretty easy number one, with Ping Pong coming in at two.

Yeh at this point in may start favoring Shirobako over Parasyte as it's less flawed, even if the story of Parasyte grabs me more right now. Some of the weird transformation sounds are just so bad though and while I've grown accustomed to the dubstep and appreciate it to some degree, it still feels out of place at times.

Tenumi

Banned
AOTY... seriously, I haven't a clue what I'd choose. Hard enough to remember what all aired this year, let alone choose what was the best.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Olimar is eating a red Pikmin!? Say it isn't so! Surely there's some explanation for all this!

Well viewers if you want to know the truth just buy Pikmin Short Movies from the eShop today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom