• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yuru Yuri ♪♪ 1

jesus christ

Jesus Christ

JESUS CHRIST.

This episode was straight up bangin. I mean come on! That attitude. Those guitar riffs. The gags. That... desire. Everything about this episode was incredible. I seriously don't think they'll top this one.
Well they will top this episode .. you better be ready.

Hey guys!

I like anime. I hope you guys like anime too.
Welcome , just remember :
your favorite anime is SHIT..other than that , feel free to discuss your second favorite anime with us :)

So good!
That reminds me...where has SDBurton gone?

Still alive i think since i see him from time to time connected on the PSN.

Well they will top this episode .. you better be ready.

Welcome , just remember :
your favorite anime is SHIT..other than that , feel free to discuss your second favorite anime with us :)

Is it just me, or has that not been uttered around here in a really long time? Like, in months?

I remember a time when that infamous image was posted like, every other week.

Man times have changed for this thread.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Silver Spoon S1 2-4
I'm putting this on hold before due to thinking this is just an 'okay' adaptationand didn't have the time to watch it before. Now that i have some time, guess it's time to finish this up. It's enjoyable, the animation nothing to write home about. The story is definitely the strong point of this show. Seeing the process of farming, food, egg, is truly educational. I wonder if there will be lot young people who join agricultural school after seeing this anime.

Is it just me, or has that not been uttered around here in a really long time? Like, in months?

Like, I remember a time when that infamous image was posted like, every other week.

Man times have changed for this thread.

There are "Traditions" one mustn't forget

The real reason why this wasn't posted is because we scared all the newcomers away !!

Clov

Nothing for me this week. What are the odds that an Aniplex title like DRRR or Madoka goes on sale within the next month?

I don't think I've seen an Aniplex title ever go on sale.

I wouldn't mind if the first half of Fate/Zero went on sale, though. It sort of bugs me that I only have the second half, and I just haven't found a good opportunity to get the first one yet.

Nafe

No, I think Narag actually does hate GBF Try that much. I think the joke was that this was a response asking whether or not G-Reco (nonspecifically referred to as "the new Gundam") was bad.

Ah, I guess he clarified but I was thinking that really didn't make any sense then,haha.
Just having a complaint like "it relies on references and nostalgia" seemed really weirdly hypocritical since the first series did that so much and that was part of the main draw for some (like Narag for example).

No, that was mostly a joke. :lol
I don't hate-hate it, it's just sort of there as a short diversion, just not something I look forward to week to week like I did the first show. It's more or less what I expected that first show to be in that when I went into GBF it was just for the sweet mecha fights and everything else was gravy. Unfortunately, I got a taste of what it's like to succeed on both sides of the show so the regression in this one is a little frustrating.

Ah, I still look forward to it every week. Some comment about the relationships but I think even Aila and Reji's was just there for gags to start with. There was the whole competing for the meat bun thing and people still thought that was entertaining. Later they started to encounter each other more but I still felt like their relationship wasn't that major or anything. I don't know why so many seem so hung up on that sort of thing anyway. Why can't they just be used for silly gags for fun? Is this a byproduct of "shipping culture" or something? Haha.

I think my only real complaint with the show so far is that Sekai's moves seem maybe a bit too Shonen at times, like they're at odds with Gundam. I don't mind a Gundam maybe using its fists now and again but when it does some kind of Shoryuken in the air and has a tornado magically appear just seems kind of weird. I guess you could say it's partly due to Plavisky particles maybe but I usually think of guns, beams and blades and such with Gundam. Well, it might not be as weird in G-Reco,haha.

Kind of a random comment but whoever is doing the computer voice for things like "set your GP base", their English also sounds pretty good this season. After reading through the GB Try OT a bit and I also want to see this thing show up in the show now because I'm interested in its design.

jFK0YeX.jpg

Kanra

Chuunibyou season 1/2

Wow, this has quickly become one my favorite romance anime's ever. Rikka has to be the cutest thing ever, especially when she spins her hair in the intro. Also those fight scenes are amazing...and I always end up laughing at the end of each one.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Chuunibyou season 1/2

Wow, this has quickly become one my favorite romance anime's ever. Rikka has to be the cutest thing ever, especially when she spins her hair in the intro. Also those fight scenes are amazing...and I always end up laughing at the end of each one.

D:

Mature

Chuunibyou season 1/2

RUN!!!

Rage of Bahamut 6

Pretty dull with the "plot" at the forefront, I guess this is the budget saving episode. Jeanne has the potential to be interesting, which is better than Saber ever could be.

Still in a potentiality amine saving position, don't get me wrong.

Going Cowlick Club 8

Wait wait wait, that massive thing is a cowlick? Bullshit Natsuki.

And here I was expecting a Little Brother getting a boner from one of the friends because that's what happens in one of my Precure shows.

Mature

No I stopped watching two years ago, and then I forgot where I left off (and pretty much most of the ongoing narrative) so I just restarted watching the whole thing again.
Nice! Probably the best time to do it with CR having picked it up recently (though you'll probably be set with the backlog for a good long while). I'm sure at least Kuwabaratheman and I will be interested in hearing whatever impressions you end up sharing. Don't forget to seek out remastered episodes when applicable.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is chuunibyou considered bad or disliked around here?

Not exactly, but its reputation isn't stellar because of:

1) Its reliance on moe-isms
2) Its lack of character development, that 180 in the finale of S1 soured a lot of people on the whole thing
3) The cash-grabby nature of S2
4) As far as KyoAni works go, it punctuated Hyouka and Tamako Market, both widely considered way better than Chuu2
5) Its effect on the industry is pretty negative overall. Hardly a season goes by without some shitty light novel adaptation making overt references to chuuni. Maybe it's correlation rather than causation but most anime fans didn't know what chuuni meant before Chuunibyou and now it's, like, a standard part of anime lexicon.

It got 12th place in the 2012 anime of the year vote though, so it has its fans here.

Also I'm pretty sure it's Dekomori with the hair spinning. Rikka was "pull over that ass too fat" in the first OP.

Chuu2 S1 is alright ... it's a slightly above average anime with GREAT productions values. The ending of S1 is debatable , but as a whole , the journey was enjoyable

Chuu2 S2 , however , didn't exist... they should have made a couple of Oavs rather than doing a season like this..i haven't forgiven them for the deko/nibutani episode ...and i won't ever forgive them

2) Its lack of character development, that 180 in the finale of S1 soured a lot of people on the whole thing
4) As far as KyoAni works go, it punctuated Hyouka and Tamako Market, both widely considered way better than Chuu2
5) Its effect on the industry is pretty negative overall. Hardly a season goes by without some shitty light novel adaptation making overt references to chuuni. Maybe it's correlation rather than causation but most anime fans didn't know what chuuni meant before Chuunibyou and now it's, like, a standard part of anime lexicon.

It got 12th place in the 2012 anime of the year vote though, so it has its fans here.

I'm gonna make some enemies in this thread, but I though Hyouka was just "okay." I enjoyed Chuuni more.

Mature

Also I'm pretty sure it's Dekomori with the hair spinning. Rikka was "pull over that ass too fa"t in the first OP.
2012 had a good year, only to be bested by 2013 (And... well, probably 2014— Anime had been good to us lately).

I'm gonna make some enemies in this thread, but I though Hyouka was just "okay." I enjoyed Chuuni more.
RUN!!!!!!

Haly

2012 had a good year, only to be bested by 2013 (And... well, probably 2014— Anime had been good to us lately).
Hyouka, Fat/Ero, Phantom Blood
vs.
Yamato, KLK, Uchouten Kazoku
vs.
Ping Pong, Dandy, ???

It's close but...
Hyouka wins, FATALITY.

Haly

Pupipo
GBF
Mushishi
Only five people in the entire world have seen Pupipo.

GBF isn't going to get top 3 because S2 will retroactively ruin the first season.

Mushishi is ongoing type stuff. That never places high.

Mature

Hyouka, Fat/Ero, Phantom Blood
vs.
Yamato, KLK, Uchouten Kazoku
vs.
Ping Pong, Dandy, ???

It's close but... Hyouka wins, FATALITY.
I haven't seen all of Hyouka and, perhaps when I do, I'll agree with you! But Yamato and Uchouten Kazoku is too much for even the likes of a list with Phantom Blood, Kids on the Slope, From the New World, and GuP on it. Not to mention From the New World placed appropriately higher in 2013.

Video Game References Club 9

The fact that EV and IV jokes were made is just a showcase example of how anime is done by people who like anime but don't study people. Although I love me some DQ5 references. Speaking of references

First person to get this reference gets a cookie
and a ban.

Kanra

Also I'm pretty sure it's Dekomori with the hair spinning. Rikka was "pull over that ass too fa"t in the first OP.
I see. I actually finished Hyouka before Chuunibyou, and while I thought it was great, especially the ending and animation, it kind of dragged on imo. But I can see now why some people might not like Chunnibyou due to it being moe and the ending of season 1.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No doubt it could be better but it doesnt appear to be a waste of money to me. Im pretty satisfied overall. The show looked awful being broadcast on tv when I saw it anyway.

So good!
That reminds me...where has SDBurton gone?
SDBurton has forsaken us!

Video Game References Club 9

The fact that EV and IV jokes were made is just a showcase example of how anime is done by people who like anime but don't study people. Although I love me some DQ5 references. Speaking of references

First person to get this reference gets a cookie
and a ban.
Whoa, someone is watching KKK! lol

Maedhros

Anime had to be alive at one point for it to have died

I liked anime before it was cool. Now it sucks.

EDIT: @ThreePiMatt

Hyouka isn't really that good. Aside from the visuals, I don't think anyone can dispute that, the story is boring as fuck. Doesn't help that Chitanda is a piece of shit. But I enjoyed it, not really the worse anime I ever watched.

Yuki Yuna is a Hero - 1

So yeah I decided to check this out at last.

This really does feel like it's trying to do what Madoka's doing. Main girl's colour is pink, blonde haired senpai girl is the one who knows about all the magic stuff, freaky alternate world where there's a monster they have to beat, it's all there.

But, if we get more hotblooded stuff like this, this show may not be all that bad.

Not much else to say except BOKU WA NO YUUSHA OH! YU YU YU YU YUUUUKI YUUUNA!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yuki Yuna is a Hero - 1

This really does feel like it's trying to do what Madoka's doing. Main girl's colour is pink, blonde haired senpai girl is the one who knows about all the magic stuff, freaky alternate world where there's a monster they have to beat, it's all there.

It especially feels like a derivative of a derivative if you've seen Daybreak Illusion. Meguca-likes are officially a thing.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I liked anime before it was cool. Now it sucks.

EDIT: @ThreePiMatt

Hyouka isn't really that good. Aside from the visuals, I don't think anyone can dispute that, the story is boring as fuck. Doesn't help that Chitanda is a piece of shit. But I enjoyed it, not really the worse anime I ever watched.

wat

It especially feels like a derivative of a derivative if you've seen Daybreak Illusion. Meguca-likes are officially a thing.

I remember that show. I only made it up to like, episode 3 before concluding that it was trying way to hard to be Madoka with its depressing tone.

This show at least has a sense of positivity to it. Whether or not that positivity is going to get smacked down later on still remains to be seen.

As long as it keeps up the good action though, I think this show may just pull off something nice, as I've said before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom