• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I'm so confused by all of this post. Chuuni and Chuu2 were both amazing. Certainly better than Tamako Market and I enjoyed that, but in comparison it can't stand up to it.

Also hasn't there been anime beforehand featuring chuunibyou? It's been a thing for a long time.

Oreimo?

wonzo

Banned
chuu2 is garbage

Gugure! Kokkuri-san 5-6

gugure6.jpg

the general trend for new characters has been mostly terrible but shigaraki more than makes up for it. ;-;

Quasar

DEATH™;138334081 said:
Anyone here watched 5 centimeters per second? I wanna know what you guys think of it...

My MAL rating suggests I liked it. I don't really remember it. But I like Shinkais work for the most part.

DEATH™;138334081 said:
Anyone here watched 5 centimeters per second? I wanna know what you guys think of it...

My favorite Shinkai movie of the ones I've watched so far.

Of course... I've only watched that one and Garden of Words of the full length stuff :p

Firemind

That being said, Hyouka still isn't my favorite KyoAni work. I'm sure I've mentioned this, but I still like Lucky Star the best. I think I even like K-ON! (both seasons) more than Hyouka. I'd definitely put it in my top 5 KyoAni works, though.
That's about right. Lucky Star is the only KyoAni show that doesn't get worse with every repeated showing. It actually gets funnier with a number of jokes. Haven't seen Hyouka yet though. Someone watchbet with me so I can say bad things about it. Or be converted.

Quasar

That's about right. Lucky Star is the only KyoAni show that doesn't get worse with every repeated showing. It actually gets funnier with a number of jokes. Haven't seen Hyouka yet though. Someone watchbet with me so I can say bad things about it. Or be converted.

Have even seen those. Which may be why Hyouka and FMP would be favourite myosin things I've seen.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
1st season Chuuni is okay. 2nd Season is "meeeeh"
I think i put Hyouka as my number one Kyoani show. While the mystery is definitely lacking, the directing, visualization, and characterization is top notch. Other show will narrate what the character thinking while they put their hand on their chin. Hyouka use gorgeous visual to show it.

StayDead

I just realised on my blog I was typing 甘戯ブリリアントパーク when it's 甘城ブリリアントパーク.

Time to go change it all x_x

Firemind

Rage of Bahamut #6

So our band of misfits went all that trouble last episode to infiltrate the demon ship, save Amira's ass from literally one security guard, only to get captured immediately at the start of this episode. Then they spare the group's lives because REASONS. The girl is apparently mentally unstable and killing the group might set an ancient dragon free. Or it's just better explained as plot armour. The show then explains another key is needed to break the seal. The plot contrivances in this show are doing my head in.

At least Favaro being a dick has been consistent, the only consistent factor, over the course of the show.

StayDead

When weeabooing goes wrong. :(

I started learning Japanese before I started watching anime. I use my blog to practice my writing when I've got time, if I don't I just post screenshots. I've been self teaching myself for 4 years now, I don't think I'm doing too badly, quite proud of how I've done actually :>

duckroll

I started learning Japanese before I started watching anime. I use my blog to practice my writing when I've got time, if I don't I just post screenshots. I've been self teaching myself for 4 years now, I don't think I'm doing too badly, quite proud of how I've done actually :>

Yet for all that effort, you didn't pay attention to the huge title on the screen! :)

StayDead

Yet for all that effort, you didn't pay attention to the huge title on the screen! :)

It was more I got the tag (title in this case) wrong the first time when selecting the kanji from the list windows gives you and I never noticed since the font size on wordpress is so small when editing. ^^

Admittedly my grasp of my own native language seems lacking as reading back my previous post I didn't make that obvious.

duckroll

It was more I got the tag (title in this case) wrong the first time when selecting the kanji from the list windows gives you and I never noticed since the font size on wordpress is so small when editing. ^^

Admittedly my grasp of my own native language seems lacking as reading back my previous post I didn't make that obvious.

This is what happens when you watch too much Chuuni. Slow but steady spread of brain damage. :(

predicted aoty '14 results:

1. space dandy
2. jojo stardust crusaders
3. kill la kill
4. ping pong
5. hunter x hunter
6. nozaki-kun
7. shirobako
8. mushishi s2
9. bahamut
10. (wild card: aldnoah/ubw/love live s2/barakamon/nisekoi)

I hope it isn't the case, Space Dandy had way too many bad episodes in between the good ones to be AOTY:

Grexeno

Regarding AOTY, my current list is this:

1. Space Dandy
2. JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
3. Barakamon
4. Noragami
5. Tonari no Seki-kun
6. Silver Spoon Season 2
7. No Game No Life
8. Kill la Kill
9. D-Frag
10. Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha

Which is nowhere near final because I haven't finished watching stuff like Log Horizon and Chaika and Nozaki, and I haven't even started stuff like Rage of Bahamut and Mushishi and GBF. I'm hoping to knock NGNL out of the top 10 because otherwise I'll have to be like "Fuck the ecchi shit but the actual game stuff was so much fun."

DEATH™;138334081 said:

It's his most competent and universally appraised work, i believe, as it manages to reframe that classical Shinkai feeling and thematic with a more comfortable and slightly more complex narrative structure. The soundtrack is also very memorable.

Made by bff cry like the little girl she is inside too, which is rare.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There is still a small part of me that wants to vote for KLK just to make dresden mad, especially since there isn't a show I really feel strongly about this year and nothing I have in mind is even close to being something that will win.

Pani Poni Dash 4

You know, I already had the feeling that there was lewd in this show, given some of the shots and poses done by characters in the past three episodes. What with this being a "slumber party"/"study party" it was confirmed.

Not sure just how lewd it'll go

Akame ga kill - 17

Damn , never get attached to characters ..

NEVER

Dammit .

I knew it , i'm so far ahead in the manga but still ...

Stilll ...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Watamote OVA

I wish I could say something about this, but I couldn't finish it due to the subs being the absolute worst subs I've ever come across. Fucking amateur hour.

Akame ga kill - 18

Lubbock , you were cool .. you did well facing those guys ...wait what were their names again ?ah i can't remember .

oh well there was some fight and night raid members were cool.

That's enough i guess.

Joe Molotov

Suite Pretty Cure♪ 01-02

Usually it takes few episode before they start to hate each other's guts, but in Suite, they mad from Day 1. After some hate fingersex, they made up, and now it's all cool cuz it was just a misunderstanding anyway.

Also, cat fairies (which are fine too).

dan2026

I've recently started on Gundam Wing, having never watched a Gundamn show before.
After some deliberation over the 30+ series', Wing was what I settled on.

I've only watched one episode so far and it wasn't half bad.
Did I make a good decision.

I've recently started on Gundam Wing, having never watched a Gundamn show before.

Not the best place to start IMO , but you'll survive ..just be aware that there are much better than this ( and also worse ) it's , azll things considered a middle ground , IMO

Avoid gundam age.

phaze

I r
You dun goofed. No seriously wing is not a good show and as I understand it there are much better gundam options out there.

Definitely a good choice, some of the best interactions among gundam casts takes place in this one. Its also has some great gundams too and music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom