• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
There are No Game No Life specials? Watch Sentai isn't going to have them for their release.

they're power point presentations of beautiful things

aka dont watch

Chaika AB: 6

Vivi Chaika kick 10/10

Seriously, Toru still hasn't made a pact with Fredrika?

NeonZ

Did they change the writing staff between seasons?

They changed the director. The last two episodes have been by new writers who didn't work in season 1 either. The "main writer/series composition" credit is the same, but he doesn't actually write any scripts for either season, so it seems like a very hands off position for this show.

Build fighter Try - 06

This was a good episode , the kids have passion & personnality .. so far it's still inferior to the first season but it's good.

I liked mostly everything in this episode , except ... the loser team teacher , that was "how could we lose ? " when his first words should have been confort for his students. And what was the sentence toward RAL , i mean yeah he is there but the fact that your team was decimated as nothing to do with the blue giant.

Well the episode was good , that's what matters.

Calling jman:
P1RykM5l.jpg

Llmx589l.jpg

I don't know why I decided to take a random look at this anime... but man, it looks like they just took video game cutscenes and tried to turn them into a show.

Well considering that the whole show is about video games, I think that style really fits.

Also, oh man. This can't be the Sonic the Hedgehog episode I've been waiting for can it? That doesn't look like they're in a Sonic level.

Hmmm...ah I'll check it out later. I got other things to watch tonight.

TUSR

Banned
Well considering that the whole show is about video games, I think that style really fits.

Also, oh man. This can't be the Sonic the Hedgehog I've been waiting for can it? That doesn't look like they're in a Sonic level.

Hmmm...ah I'll check it out later. I got other things to watch tonight.

sonics style doesnt fit the show

Phatmac

they're power point presentations of beautiful things

aka dont watch

Chaika AB: 6

Vivi Chaika kick 10/10

Seriously, Toru still hasn't made a pact with Fredrika?
Didn't someone say something about Toru becoming a dragoon or something this episode?

Chaika AB - 06

Man , emperor Gaz , you must really had some tight plan by now because i have NO IDEA where this turn of events will lead ... but all the pieces of the puzzle are there so i'm bracing for "impact" because i want the pay off for such a S2 build up to deliver.

I dunno why you guys think Fredrica is gonna end up fighting with them in the Tournament, the series went out of it's way to state only 2-3 people per team. Chaika isn't not going to fight, if Chaika is fighting then Toru isn't not going to fight, and if Toru is fighting then Akari isn't not going to fight, that leaves Fredrica sitting out, again.

Heh, makes sense. It looked like I was just watchinv Vita game footage. lol

I take back what i said ... they usually take game assets and mess up with them ( the last 5 eps , excluding some parts of the space channel episode )

But for this one they actually did record game footage straight from the game to make up this story ( while messing with game assets ), lol..

This is some recycling , right there.

Edit : lol the eggman 3D asset ripped straight from sonic adventure 2

Sailor Moon R 1

Yeah yeah I'm way far behind on this season via Viz 2 a week uploads

This was a pretty decent way to start season 2, but not great. New villains I remembered enjoying a lot as a kid but as an adult they just seem kind of boring. I feel like they were probably enhanced by dic's hack job as most of the "I love you more then the stars" "then stop flirting brother" was massively toned down.

TUSR

Banned
I dunno why you guys think Fredrica is gonna end up fighting with them in the Tournament, the series went out of it's way to state only 2-3 people per team. Chaika isn't not going to fight, if Chaika is fighting then Toru isn't not going to fight, and if Toru is fighting then Akari isn't not going to fight, that leaves Fredrica sitting out, again.

They would become one when they make a pact, no?

sonics style doesnt fit the show

Really? I could easily picture an episode where the girls go in to a Sonic game (One from the genesis, the adventure series, etc.) and just run and jump through the levels.

I mean they did it for Virtua Fighter and Space Channel 5, so why not do one for Sonic, the company mascot?

Gundam Build Fighters TRY - 6

I wonder how long the qualifiers are going to last this time around. Last series they were in the World Tournament in episode 10. Right now, they've only just finished the second round of the qualifiers!

Aside from that, this was an all right episode, I suppose. Fight was cool. Though my problem with the opponents is pretty much the same as duckroll's.

Seriously guys, it's way too early to be hyping up low-tier opponents that you know are going to lose to the main characters.

Fredrica solos, easy

TUSR

Banned
Really? I could easily picture an episode where the girls go in to a Sonic game (One from the genesis, the adventure series, etc.) and just run and jump through the levels.

I mean they did it for Virtua Fighter and Space Channel 5, so why not do one for Sonic, the company mascot?

More so the art style. Sonic doesn't look like he belongs in the same anime as the girls is what I was getting at. But the setting makes sense.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Episode 31

I want by BELIEVE X BELIEVE back, I miss saying RIDE ON NOW. The new OP is good visually but then that Sora...why is he with LDS and then the ED why is he looking all evilish...if he turns evil, Ill Ill :(

Good episode content wise and the ED is amazing vocally. Reiji and Yuuya-oniichan sound pretty great together in their duet and then the Never Give Up Never Give Up Never Give Up Never Give Up part is pretty hot.

Neo Sawatari is putting up a great fight.

Chiaka S2 06

All the known Chiakas and other actors in the story gathering together for a huge tourny. Very much looking forward to seeing some good fights between them all as they all have some resolve they are fighting for moreso than in the beginning of the series all of which are in direct conflict of one another. Also, White Chiaka pissing me off for some reason. If she continues searching for the remains I can't help but feel she isn't really going in her own way. I mean she was basically used to obtain the super-weapon and she's probably gonna choose to continue to be used by collecting the remains. Also wanted to note how much I like the character changes going on with Vivi. She's way more confident of a person and determined of a person ever since the incident with their leader and has become a way more enjoyable person and easily my favorite character.

GBF: TRY 06

Good to see Fumina finally being the one to show off a secret skill that wins the match rather than the guys being the ones to do all the cool shit. I like the battle even more because it show up good her gundam is despite being a cutsy SD Gundam.

Trinity seven - 06

Man the visual quality of this show is so loooooow

i mean i love trinity seven , and this arc is alright , the MC is still ok , but goddamm the weird blend of 2D & 3D , the lack of details, the very clean aspect of the ensemble really bug me a lot.

And that's bugs me a lot since i really like the manga , but for some reason i have a very hard time to trully enjoy the show when the fight scenes are lacking "something"

survivor

Banned
Heh, makes sense. It looked like I was just watchinv Vita game footage. lol

----
eCnmbnSl.jpg
Oh I knew this name was familiar, this is based on a novel by Naoki Hyakuta who is one of the prominent Japanese public figures that denies WW2 massacres that made the news earlier this year. I was curious to see what his books will be about, but it didn't look like any western publisher wants to touch them despite their popularity.

1411674826360s4qon.gif

Hooooooooooooooo.

I know that scene.

That's the "I can't lose in front of my waifu" scene.

Genuine congrats to Ash for the Gym win.

The guy finally managed to beat a Lucario.

And not just any Lucario.

But a Mega Lucario.

Course it was Korrina's, but for him, it must have felt like he just won the entire Pokemon league.

They would become one when they make a pact, no?

While this is true, I feel like if/when Toru makes a pact with her it will be when all else has failed and/or an act of desperation like say Chaika is kidnapped by someone incredibly powerful and Toru just gets wrecked fighting him, heals up and makes a pact with Fredrica for more power. Might be cliche but he's been so adamant about not making a pact you'd need something cliche like that for him to go over the edge. I don't think a martial arts tournament even if it's to the death gets us there,

Sailor Moon R 2

Wow this is bad

The villains are a complete joke and their reasons for making these elaborate plans to steal energy are silly. They clearly don't need that much energy to live off of why not just randomly target people instead of trying to absorb mass amounts of energy for your tree?

Also while I know the answer is "because then we wouldn't have a series" why don't Ail and An just go somewhere else on the planet. They establish in the first episode of this season that Earth is full of energy, so why stay in the once place where there are magic girls who keep getting in your way? You can teleport and fly there really is no reason to stay. Season 1 at least there was the excuse of "we can sense the Silver Crystal is somewhere in this area" to explain why the bad guys never bothered to attack anywhere else.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh I knew this name was familiar, this is based on a novel by Naoki Hyakuta who is one of the prominent Japanese public figures that denies WW2 massacres that made the news earlier this year. I was curious to see what his books will be about, but it didn't look like any western publisher wants to touch them despite their popularity.
Oh weird, he's a hardcore nationalist? The few pieces I read about the film hint at him being anti-war. I suppose I can understand why Miyazaki would have no time for this film whatsoever.

Although, I do wonder what the Japanese felt when watching the two films... I have to imagine Japanese critics compared the two, and of course, Eien no Zero did really well at the box office.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Parasyste - 06

Finally it is happening! I am so glad I am not the only one that notice the soundtrack being amazing this episode. The soundtracks on other episodes are pretty forgettable.

While this is true, I feel like if/when Toru makes a pact with her it will be when all else has failed and/or an act of desperation like say Chaika is kidnapped by someone incredibly powerful and Toru just gets wrecked fighting him, heals up and makes a pact with Fredrica for more power. Might be cliche but he's been so adamant about not making a pact you'd need something cliche like that for him to go over the edge. I don't think a martial arts tournament even if it's to the death gets us there,

Sailor Moon R 2

Wow this is bad

The villains are a complete joke and their reasons for making these elaborate plans to steal energy are silly. They clearly don't need that much energy to live off of why not just randomly target people instead of trying to absorb mass amounts of energy for your tree?

Also while I know the answer is "because then we wouldn't have a series" why don't Ail and An just go somewhere else on the planet. They establish in the first episode of this season that Earth is full of energy, so why stay in the once place where there are magic girls who keep getting in your way? You can teleport and fly there really is no reason to stay. Season 1 at least there was the excuse of "we can sense the Silver Crystal is somewhere in this area" to explain why the bad guys never bothered to attack anywhere else.

Incest

Thats why i refuse to watch the anime. I saw how they looked and dropped it within minutes.

Previews instantly turned me off.

I just find the manga artwork so much better that I can't be bothered with the anime.

I really like the voices , they fit the characters well , the ED song is really cool and i like it too ...

but the way the scenes flow togetheris kinda weird , it's less weird than "mahouka" for exemple , but the manga just had another feelign .... and it's really weird when they are just adapting the source material without much changes i'm just so disapointed by the anime "design" and the low production values... Worse is that we won't have
lilith arc with her father
and that alone leave me in despair.

It'd be one thing if the writing was decent and the incest part just made you feel icky, the fact is 90% of the time the two are basically pining after other people. At least in the 2 episodes I've seen the incest part was really down played after An saw Mamoru. It kind of feels like I'm watching a bad B movie where the two characters are supposed to be in love but keep forgetting that.

Syrinx

Code Geass 4

"I can make Britannia a better place from the inside"

*voluntarily goes to court marital set up to find him guilty and have him executed*

Not entirely sure what he intends to accomplish here, but I guess there is a chance he could be found innocent (probably not, though; he was deliberately set up; it just depends on if they're willing to make Zero the new scapegoat). Not sure why he's willing to get himself put to death for a country that just framed him for regicide, but whatevs dude, your life.

Surprised the sister didn't immediately recognize Zero as Lelouch the second she heard. And now that girl shows up to do something with her.

Code Geass 4

"I can make Britannia a better place from the inside"

*voluntarily goes to court marital set up to find him guilty and have him executed*

Not entirely sure what he intends to accomplish here, but I guess there is a chance he could be found innocent (probably not, though; he was deliberately set up; it just depends on if they're willing to make Zero the new scapegoat). Not sure why he's willing to get himself put to death for a country that just framed him for regicide, but whatevs dude, your life.

Surprised the sister didn't immediately recognize Zero as Lelouch the second she heard. And now that girl shows up to do something with her.

Trust me when I say Suzaku will go on to do stupider shit as the show goes on, especially in R2.

Parasyte 6

When there's no wubs, this show actually has a pretty damn good soundtrack. I see that one track from last episode returned but without the dubstep. Awesome.

Next week is
Jaw!
Can't wait.

Princess Tutu 1:
Great music, great character designs (and so expressive), and a wonderful sense of style. What's not to love? A very good first episode that sets up the characters well, provides a few standard scenarios to start with, and then goes pretty crazy towards the end. The splitting of the imagery and everything with the gears turning was very well done. Pretty much every comedic scene was 100% on point, too.

Yuki Yuna is a Hero - 3

Episode had a lot less action than usual, although we now have this show's Kyoko Sakura now.

I must say, I find it kind of odd how quickly these girls adapted to their new lives as Magical Girls. Like, a month has passed now and it's just another every day thing to them. I feel like this show skipped over a bunch of filler MOTW episodes that shows the girls getting more and more used to their powers. Which...isn't entirely a bad thing, I realize. I just feel like the whole "transitioning from normal-life to magical girls" could have been done better.

Also, where are these girls' families? Like, I know it's implied that the two sisters are orphans, I think. But like, for everyone else there's not a single mention of anyone's family members. Like, you'd think they could show at least Yuki Yuna's, the main character herself. Just say a line, or anything that says what the current family situation is. Just for a little more development, is all I'm saying.

Valkyria Chronicles 06

Well there was some squad characterization but not much more than what is already present in the game. Marina is still best girl.

Alicia continues to be awful in this adaptation. She was so great in the game, what have you done anime!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Parasyte 6

The OP music is really growing on me, which is incredibly worrying to me.

Hope everyone recognise Migi and shinichi starting to become the best of bros in this episode.

Syrinx

Code Geass 5

I for one am shocked that girl turned out to be a princess.

Mysterious girl C.C. shows up...but other than refuge doesn't really seem to be serving any purpose. Was thinking she and her power would do something this episode, but no, she's just there now.

While I sorta get what Suzaku's ideals are (I guess order and peace while he changes Brittania from the inside; good luck with that), somebody said earlier that he's going to do some incredibly stupid things, and after these last two episodes I don't have any doubts that that statement will be accurate.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Sailor Moon R 2

Wow this is bad

At no point does the Tree of Doom arc get better then tolerable.

Valkyria Chronicles 07

So much tsun tsun.

Another big departure from the game. I'm alright with giving some backstory to the Valkyria. They haven't even been mentioned in the game yet.

Did Selveria's boobs somehow get bigger? I'm surprised she can walk without falling over.

Parasyte 6

The OP music is really growing on me, which is incredibly worrying to me.

Hope everyone recognise Migi and shinichi starting to become the best of bros in this episode.

Yeah the scene where
they're running to the beach and it's all like "bro is it ok to kill her?" and he's all "Fuck yeah son" I wanted them to high five. But of course it'd look silly

Time for some mexican food and good ol' anime. Now I am faced with a daunting decision, Gintama or one of the many shows I was recommended...

Gintama will always be there if you haven't finished it. I mean 200+ episodes lol. Watch anything currently airing. I usually left Gintama for lunch-time when I was watching it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom