• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inou Battle 06

Not an entirely interesting episode. Considering the meat of it was based on a misunderstanding that honestly went nowhere and didn't actually mean anything. But I guess it helped push Andou and Sayumi closer together so there's that. Also that flashback stuff was dumb as hell and didn't feel like it added anything at all. Next episode preview seems a lot more interesting.

wonzo

Banned
bay >>>>>>>>> the butcher

bayformers 3
bow2.gif

bad boys
bow2.gif
bow2.gif

the rock
bow2.gif
bow2.gif
bow2.gif

the scene in armageddon where aerosmith plays and made itagaki cry multiple times
deadpos.jpg

I like how trinity seven looks, the characters look less generic because of the faces imo
Well , no.
The faces are most distracting
Case in point :
I can't

Inou Battle 06

Not an entirely interesting episode. Considering the meat of it was based on a misunderstanding that honestly went nowhere and didn't actually mean anything. But I guess it helped push Andou and Sayumi closer together so there's that. Also that flashback stuff was dumb as hell and didn't feel like it added anything at all. Next episode preview seems a lot more interesting.

Well "misunderstandings" is the theme of the show so far
I mean look at episode 2 and episode 4

it's misunderstandings everywhere , anytime !

javac

A bit off topic, but MAL pisses me off sooo much, my profile pic never changes. I just want to punch the living daylights out of someone. Surprises me how much this site makes me mad, like unreasonably so :mad:

TUSR

Banned
Inou Battle 06

Im really starting to enjoy Inou Battle, and not just because its done by TRIGGER.

The solo exposition episodes are almost at an end, and then the plot might finally progress towards the end of the next one.

A bit off topic, but MAL pisses me off sooo much, my profile pic never changes. I just want to punch the living daylights out of someone. Surprises me how much this site makes me mad, like unreasonably so :mad:

I had the same problem a while ago. I think somebody suggested clearing the browser cookies or something and then it worked to upload the new pic.

Some help here too:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=76425&show=700#msg15521929

Narag

Wow this Psycho-Pass show sounds like it deserves some real love. Maybe I should go in blind and give it a shot on netflix.

What makes it so awesome?

Entirely subjective but personally I just enjoy a dystopia sci-fi detective story with a cool lead. I can forgive many shortcomings if this is the case.

S2 took that away from me when they put bowl haircut moe girl as the lead.

Heck one of my favorite novels is Caves of Steel and I barely read Asimov.

duckroll

Chaika Avenging Battle - Episode 6

Some of the action bits were pretty good, but on a whole this is a build up episode. Still can't get over how stupid Miku Niva's design is, but her conversations with Chaika are comedy gold. The cooking stuff was amusing too. Now that they're going into the tournament, things should really heat up in the next two episodes. Just in time for the grand finale after that. Hopefully they don't disappoint all the dragoon fans! :)

See some prople think PP is good just because its looked "mature"

It's mind boggling to me that actually lots of people put Psycho-Pass at the same height of Ghost in the Shell SAC.

It's like they see the similarities, two series in a science fiction setting (~30 or 40 years forward), protagonized by a group of cops/security forces, both with episodic cases and a big one as the main plot, and they go "yep, it's exactly the same, same execution and quality!".

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
PP is actually higher quality because they made an OP which looked good but then decided to make it look even better every week because they cared about their craft.

Some of the action bits were pretty good, but on a whole this is a build up episode. Still can't get over how stupid Miku Niva's design is, but her conversations with Chaika are comedy gold. The cooking stuff was amusing too. Now that they're going into the tournament, things should really heat up in the next two episodes. Just in time for the grand finale after that. Hopefully they don't disappoint all the dragoon fans! :)
Probably one of the best parts of the episode. Loved listening to those two talk to each other.

Midonin

Aikatsu! 108

Sumire's making a name for herself in the idol community rather quickly, if she can turn Maya's house of horrors into Snow White and the Seven Dorks. More importantly, this episode had a lot of Yurika. These scenes of the older generation mentoring the younger are one of the great parts of this season. The old characters get to stick around, and the new ones get to be fleshed out. The redhead called Juri is showing up next week - wonder what her deal is.

Probably one of the best parts of the episode. Loved listening to those two talk to each other.
Niwa & chaika dialog was very fun ..especially as chaika seems to have reached an understanding.

Almost as good as the white chaika & red chaika dialog ....

It's mind boggling to me that actually lots of people put Psycho-Pass at the same height of Ghost in the Shell SAC.

It's like they see the similarities, two series in a science fiction setting (~30 or 40 years forward), protagonized by a group of cops/security forces, both with episodic cases and a big one as the main plot, and they go "yep, it's exactly the same, same execution and quality!".
I like PP , but no way it's in the same realm as GITS ..the presentation , the execution and the characters the production values are just .... different.
I mean , yeah it's a sci-fi setting but it's the only common ground , IMO

And i like PP
Well not really much to say since the plot is pretty simple(btw subs should coming shortly?)

But the service is still very good

Like this

Or this(this is safe right, she just sleeping)

Thanks , you did a good job of making me hyped !

TheRancor

You mean you're not embracing the textures-pasted-over-3d-models future of backgrounds?
Such Art™. Studio Pablo should just shutdown in response.

Kitano taught me, yes.

http://www.japanator.com/animazement-12-ichiro-itano-talks-about-past-future-25492.phtml
What is your best work that you're proud of?

My most popular work would be Macross, but I want to be most proud of Blassreiter.

Truly a Legend in CG!

GAF has an irrational dislike for Psycho Pass. It's actually really good, and season 2 is fine so far. Also the ending song is cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyMd7BLaBvI

Episode 4 of it was brutal. Gonna watch 5 now.
I am convinced.

Mouretsu Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace

That's a fun movie
How is the Hiromasa Ogura art direction/background art?

Chaika & Niva conversation was hilarious. Theyre so adorable.

I bet Guy is
actually Emperor Gaz, or his consciousness or something. When bodyparts are put back together he will awaken.

lol @ how bloodthirsty Frederica is. Chaika telling her to "go nuts!" was amazing.

I'd definitely recommend giving Psycho-Pass (season 1) a go. I was never really bothered by the premise of this entire Sybil system since a) it's the darn premise and b) it really isn't that far reached as far as I'm concerned. Compared to other dystopian fictions, I really don't have to stretch my suspension of disbelief much. For example,.something like 'Equilibrium' where everyone's taking a bunch of anti-emotion pills every day seems far more ridiculous. Yet, it didn't really bother me much in that movie.

Why is it so unlikely that society comes up with s.th. like the Sybil system in the span of a hundred years if it really does work for the most part and thus provides a nice sense of security? You wouldn't believe the US citizens could possibly be happy with their awful healthcare system, yet there it is.

That the system is in actuality still seriously flawed is of course pretty much the expected main topic of the show. You can still find that system to be too stupid when you actually see it in action but it feels like some people are rather dismissive on the premise itself.

Either way, other than that I actually really liked the visuals, a few of the characters and thought the pacing was rather great. Things like the many literature references to appear deeper were dumb but didn't end up bothering me much on the whole.

I feel like it did what it wanted to do pretty well.

Psycho-Pass S2 though. Is a completely unnecessary poor man's Psycho-Pass that can go fuck itself. Nice OP and ED though!

Midonin

Denki-Gai 07

Equal parts crude and intimate, there's quite a lot going on here. Some meta-humor sprinkled in (mentioning the lights, meaning they won't be removed on video - otherwise it would ruin the joke), another impassioned speech about eros, and a look at anime culture. In this case, the hot springs also hosting an anime tie-in event. The romantic aspects of the show are starting to get a little stronger, but not the point where it feels like the show is losing its core, either. It remains a pretty charming show overall.

PP1 only teased what Akane could truly be. PP2 actually delivers it.

Majestic.

Does it really though? I only watched the first two episodes but to me it's more of a case where the show wants to tell you someone's badass but that person really isn't.

I mean even just arresting the guy in the first episode goes so, so, so fucking wrong...that kind of display of incompetence surely doesn't invoke badass-ness to me.

-Horizon-

Chaika & Niva conversation was hilarious. Theyre so adorable.

I bet Guy is
actually Emperor Gaz, or his consciousness or something. When bodyparts are put back together he will awaken.

lol @ how bloodthirsty Frederica is. Chaika telling her to "go nuts!" was amazing.

That actually wouldn't surprise me now that you mention it.

Midonin

Shirobako 06

Glad that Shizuka's plotline is getting a bit more screentime. The animation stuff is interesting, and I admit I could know a bit more about it, but I don't think it'll ever be my primary focus when reviewing other anime. Mostly, I'm appreciating a look into anime culture as Japan sees it - something both this and Denki-Gai are offering. My philosophy when reviewing is to try and get into the heads of people in Japan, what sort of cultural context they're viewing it in, and then do some light comparing and contrasting against a Western worldview. Stuff like that exhibit would almost never happen in America outside a convention, yet CR posts news stories about ones for tons of different anime. That must be pretty cool. Not to mention all those fan events and displays and a whole culture that's not better, necessarily, but different. Enveloped in something that even as a tourist, I don't think I could fully experience.

I really want to see more of what Exodus is, exactly. What the people in the show are making says a lot about what the people making the show about people making the show think about anime as it is today. And ultimately, I think Exodus is being made with affection.

Ventara

What makes it so awesome?

I really liked the futuristic setting and the suspense of what's going to happen next. Top that off with a good MC and a varied cast and the show was pretty enjoyable for me. The action was a plus, too. You should check it out if you have some time. I'd definitely recommend it.

Anyways, I found out Season 2 has started last month. Gonna check it out, though it's a shame that the director isn't the same (at least last I read about it).

Denki-gai 7

With the rate the humor in this is degrading, by the last episode it will be in Nichijou territory.

So it's gonna be awesome? Nichijou is one of the best comedies out there.

Shirobako 6
Some of the dialogue in this is starting to come off as unnatural authorial intrusion. Yano is basically a didactic vehicle in one of these scenes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Does it really though? I only watched the first two episodes but to me it's more of a case where the show wants to tell you someone's badass but that person really isn't.

I mean even just arresting the guy in the first episode goes so, so, so fucking wrong...that kind of display of incompetence surely doesn't invoke badass-ness to me.
Who said she had to be a bad ass? She is a strong, competent, independent woman.

fertygo

Shirobako - 06

The Idepon (Ideon lol) subplot basically tell you how Tomino get super staff like Yoshida and Akiman to work in his show, they treat him like god from childhood.. this show is truly informative indeed,

Soriku

First of all, "GAF" isn't a person. Second of all, just because people don't like something you do doesn't make it irrational. It's a very average show with inconsistent production values and writing which can be extremely annoying if you're not a fan of writers who love to drop references to everything which has influenced their work to try and look "smart". This isn't some lost gem which is being unfairly criticized by anyone, so please, don't treat it that way. :)

You lie, GAF is actually the Sibyl system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom