• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCG

Code Geass 24

That's an odd time to switch to a new OP.

Like MetroidPrimeRib said, the last two episodes aired the following year after the rest of the season. Oh, and V.V. is a troll. Just for trivia, they even got a real kid to voice him. Explains why he sounds so whiny and annoying. The whole Viletta and Ohgi subplot...never did anything for me, neither at the time nor after the fact. Related to your other question...I guess we can say the cat was the single most helpful member of the student council in that situation.

Watch the first episode of R2 immediately.

Man, why are you so mean. =P

For the record, I will state they did initially want to set that up differently.
There's even a script for the non-"R2" version of the next episode that has surfaced years later. Gets to a similar point, sort of, but in a different and more direct way.

Syrinx

Code Geass R2 1

I wanted to go to bed, but I watched this instead since you people insisted. Frankly I don't know why it couldn't have waited. Basically just setting everything back up. Why Lelouch had a little brother (probably the one monitoring him) and how his Geass was sealed and how it awoke again with a kiss from C.C. and why Suzaku is vowing to kill him now when he could have just done it at the end of Geass...I won't bother asking. Or why Viletta is a teacher at the academy. All that's left is what happened to Nunally. And some other things I guess.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
what the fuck
Only implied though, as answered by R_thanatos
It's nothing special, in the novels it was a worst "rumours".

Reminder that everyone who liked the chuuni guy in Trigger's show getting told should watch Aura: Maryuuinkouga Saigo no Tatakai, the one actual good chuunibyou story in existence. Featuring everyone's favorite overexposed seiyuu HanaKana and a Michiru Oshima OST.

Written by the same guy who write Jinrui.
I like that movie. They actually take chunibyou story seriously, not treating it like gimmick or something.

Mushishi 09

You are on an overpass and a train is about to pass under you. You see several people tied to the track about to be hit by the oncoming train. You notice a man on the overpass large enough that if he were to fall on the tracks he would stop the train before it reaches those tied to the track. Do you push the man on to the tracks to save the many or let the many meet their fate?

Kiritsugu will definitely push that guy.
Not me though, the thing about utilitarianism is one need to make sure the thing done is actually beneficial in the long run, in which most people lacking the ability to predict future accurately.

At the moment, it might actually be a good idea, but what if the man is actually head of an orphanage or a business owner who responsible for a thousand of life?

Fate/Zero address those issue quite well, showing the weakness of Kiritsugu method.

Yozakura Quartet Tsuki ni Naku 3

That sakuga animation.
:bowdown:
The fight is really2 awesome!

JCG

Code Geass R2 1

I wanted to go to bed, but I watched this instead since you people insisted. Frankly I don't know why it couldn't have waited. Basically just setting everything back up. Why Lelouch had a little brother (probably the one monitoring him) and how his Geass was sealed and how it awoke again with a kiss from C.C. and why Suzaku is vowing to kill him now when he could have just done it at the end of Geass...I won't bother asking. Or why Viletta is a teacher at the academy. All that's left is what happened to Nunally. And some other things I guess.

Yes, you certainly could have. That's why I called them mean. The show will explain a couple of those things shortly. The start of Geass R2 was designed for people who had never seen the series before, which might be a valid business decision motivated by a time slot change, but wasn't how the cliffhanger was originally intended to work.
Lelouch would still end up being imprisoned at the school though, but differently and without a time skip in between. No Rolo either.

To get this out of the way at this point: as a result of the above, R2 drags its feet a lot at first but then gets much crazier and sillier. Hopefully you won't lose your sanity/interest and manage to see where some important things actually do start to click by the end (even if not necessarily in the way you may have wanted or expected at first). It's still fine if you don't, the nutty parts are fun and all, but hey...you'll be happier if you do!

Code Geass R2 12

atLHsxP.jpg

This show will never stop finding new ways to amaze and or baffle me.

Narag

Code Geass R2 1

The blueballing that came from this when Geass returned was so good.

TUSR

Banned
IDOLM@STER 1

I told myself I wouldn't watch any of theses shows that deal with idol culture...

I can only rememer 4 of the girls names, they're not all important are they?

Saprol

That Inou Battle rant was sick. Do I even bother watching any other episode?

Well, they feature different characters in each episode so it shouldn't be too bad to get some names down as you go. Or just learn the best ones.

Blusby

Figured this was a good thread to ask for some mecha recommendations... so what are some good mecha series for a beginner?

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Gunbuster
Diebuster
Rahxephon
FLCL
Mobile Suit Gundam 0079 film trilogy
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Macross Plus
Macross Frontier
Eureka Seven
Star Driver
Patlabor
Full Metal Panic!
Knights of Sidonia

duckroll

Yama no Susume Season 2 - Episode 4-12

That was a pretty good story arc for the first half of the season. One thing I really like about the mountain climbing parts of the story is how they make each mountain pretty distinct. From the cultural to the commercial aspects, it really captures the various aspects of hiking well. The random foreigners who keep appearing in the Fuji hike got a bit overbearing, but it was still a nice touch which does reflect reality. I liked how there was a lot of build up to the Fuji climb, but of course it doesn't quite turn out as expected. I like see both success and failure in shows like this, and while the cool off story after that was predictable, it was also nice to see the show come full circle thematically, returning to what made Aoi get hooked on climbing to begin with.

Inou-Battle 7

That rant, even if she does the predictable (and completely wrong thing) of apologizing this rant will stick around my head for a long time. God damn props to the VA pulling that off.

Quasar

Biblia Koshodō no Jiken Techō finally on CR. If I can't have an anime (or more of the books translated) this will do.

Genshiken: Second Season - 03

Yea, I think the main problem I'm having with this series is that I probably should've watched the first season (which I didn't even know there was, because when I heard of this show I saw it as "Second Generation", not "Second Season"), as some apparently some things from the last season are being referenced in this one.

No Game No Life Episode 5

Oh, I got that, but he definitely could've worded it better, like how humans can adapt or whatnot. The way he put it was pretty stupid, calling humans cowards and weak.
Considering human history , i honnestly think he was spot-on. Human don't have super strenght , lack every other race hability and can't use magic. They are uber weak.
But i'll stop there...please enjoy the rest of the anime.

BEST GIRL ARRIVES!!
Jibril is unmatched.

PaniPoniDash 26 END

And to end everything, we get a pool episode, filled with fanservice shots because SHAFT knew what we wanted in 2004, and possibly into the future.

I would also consider this worthwhile garbage. As in it's worth a watch. It may not be considered as legit good on the likes of say.... Mushishi, but it's still good in terms of consumable anime. My pleasure anime. My pizza anime.

But I guess with this out of the way, I must move onto my next animes.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Ninja Nonsense.
NIce write-ups.
Wait you're comboing Paniponidash with Zetsubo or ninja nonsense. Those are great series but goddamni'm jealous fo you not having watched those yet. i wish i could forget and watch it again :)

phaze

I think that was the last episode I really enjoyed of the show, although I can't quite recall. In general though it just got too experimental and pretentious from hereon.

Bracing myself for more of the ep 15 weirdness. D:

Well, a few more episodes in, and it is an enjoyable story at least. You're probably right in that its better they didn't wait and pull a bait-and-switch.

I thought it lost a lot of its steam during the episodes 6-15 but if you like it now than persevere. It gets better from that point. (and a lot more crazy :p)

You Lie in April 1-2

This was very pretty and alright but I think the love triangle/rectangle of 14 year olds might just not be my cup of tea. Main characters piano drama and related issues are weak and the sudden shifts to irksome slapstick comedy are just jarring.

Childhood friend > blond girl

Thoraxes

Apparently Sentai is going to announce another license today and it's a big one.

FUUUCK YEAHHH

Been waiting for this so I can buy all of TWGOK.

Space Dandy Season 1 releasing 2/17
http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014...nt=Space_Dandy_Season_1_Blog&utm_nooverride=1

Funimation Store Exclusive:

Amazon Exclusive:

There is also a regular limited edition

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why so far away ;_;

Idk whether to go for BOOBIES or the Aloha Oe version. I got money to spend on one though, and it's totally the right price.

Does Funi charge for pre-orders or only when shipped?

cajunator

Banned
Someone on Twitter told me the last two eps didn't air with the rest and that's why the OP is different.

Yeah there was a months long hiatus or something I forget how much time. Same happened to Madoka too.

Like MetroidPrimeRib said, the last two episodes aired the following year after the rest of the season. Oh, and V.V. is a troll. Just for trivia, they even got a real kid to voice him. Explains why he sounds so whiny and annoying. The whole Viletta and Ohgi subplot...never did anything for me, neither at the time nor after the fact. Related to your other question...I guess we can say the cat was the single most helpful member of the student council in that situation.

Man, why are you so mean. =P

For the record, I will state they did initially want to set that up differently.
There's even a script for the non-"R2" version of the next episode that has surfaced years later. Gets to a similar point, sort of, but in a different and more direct way.

To understand a man, you must know his scars.

IDOLM@STER 1

I told myself I wouldn't watch any of theses shows that deal with idol culture...

They all have featured parts or episodes. Just know that Takane and Makoto are the best and its your choice whoever else you like.

Genshiken: Second Season - 03

Yea, I think the main problem I'm having with this series is that I probably should've watched the first season (which I didn't even know there was, because when I heard of this show I saw it as "Second Generation", not "Second Season"), as some apparently some things from the last season are being referenced in this one.

Yeah there is actually a whole two part first season, which is sold interestingly as Genshiken 1 and 2. So you have indeed missed a large amount of the show and I honestly recommend watching those first. youll be introduced to all the characters and they are great. Dont shortchange yourself on this one. Genshiken is awesome.

FUUUCK YEAHHH

Been waiting for this so I can buy all of TWGOK.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why so far away ;_;

Idk whether to go for BOOBIES or the Aloha Oe version. I got money to spend on one though, and it's totally the right price.

Does Funi charge for pre-orders or only when shipped?

Its only the first 13 episodes right?
Anyway LET US CELEBRATE TWGOK 3 BEAR
Ive had S1 and 2 for a while. Time to complete the trifecta of cuties.

mAcOdIn

Can't say I was particularly enthralled by it unfortunately.

Ergo Proxy 16

Right, so giving some much needed character development to Re-L was certainly a good idea, I'm just not sure if we needed to spend 20 minutes on mundane ship activities and facial hair joke just to give her the ability to smile. It doesn't help that this was just after the series dropped some serious story bombs in the most deranged manner in the previous episode and yet, they even failed to acknowledge in any way the existence of that bizarre TV show here. Maybe it was just mine or Vincent's fever dream. I'm also completely fed up with the wasteland and hope that Vincent and company will manage to get their asses to Mosk soon. It's been like 10 episodes now ...
Well this is how I saw Ergo Proxy's 16th episode.

I think it's actually one of the most important episodes in the show, not just because they show some Re-l fan service but because of how it actually connects the characters who I thought before this episode were kinda just all unwilling partners of necessity. There was all kinds of little touches in the show that I think were important. First you have Re-l's totally backwards diary observations of what was going on around her with the whole "proxies, humans and autoreivs may not be able to get along" when frankly she's the only one out. She was the least human of the three despite being the only human.

I also think that what's going on to Re-l's more or less an insight into what's going on with the rest of the people back home as they're all just as broken as humans, so I don't think Re-l's actions are really just about Re-l but how everyone's feeling in those times in the show. For a people who are given a single job to do and make that their life's reason and having their needs catered to by an automated city complete with robot entourages it would be kinda easy to feel like you're in control because everything's in it's place and when you need to move all the gears happen to make it happen so now to all of a sudden have that all gone must be frightening and all these people, Re-l included must feel pretty small and powerless now. In Re-l's case it's probably exacerbated by the fact her job definitely gave her some power and control back home, as did her father, she carries freaking guns and now all of a sudden her robot buddy's dead, she out on her own with few leads and she can't even get to her destination because there's no freaking wind of all things. It seems somewhat stupid to the viewer because we're always at the mercy of stupid shit outside our control but for the people in the show everything's always been controlled.

Re-l smiling isn't just because she learned how not to be a bitch or anything, I always interpreted it as her finally realizing her place in the world and finding the courage to move forward on her own two feet in the world, in control or not, instead of of falling into despair like so many are around her in the show. In a way it's the first step to actually being able to live outside the domes.

I think Re-l getting a good night's rest by Pino thinking of Iggy was important because I think it shows she's feeling the loss and really understanding what he really meant to her. Everything Iggy said about her was pretty true.

I won't lie, I think the show itself is middling at best, there are some totally whack episodes out there, the previous one being one of them, but I think there was nary a wasted second in this episode. I think everything would have been a little cheap if they flipped a switch and everything worked out and they were all best buddies facing the next crises. I also think the ending would have felt off had this episode not existed. Also who doesn't want to see Re-l doing push ups, smile or kick Vincent in the snow?

Anyways, be prepared to be totally disappointed with the ending. Well I guess that's a common issue.

StayDead

Amagi Brilliant Park 7

Hillarious, best episode yet by far I think <3

IDOLM@STER 1

Yes they are all important. They're all god tier characters.

Ami, Mami, Yayoi, Iori, Haruka, Azusa, Ritsuko, Kotori, Hibiki, Takane, Yukiho, Chihaya, Makoto. All equally important so you better not forget! :mad:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You should have told the show producers that they are all equally important because they clearly didn't know.

duckroll

Now that I've seen it, I can confirm that Shigeto Koyama is definitely listed in the ending credits of Big Hero 6 under "Additional Visual Development", right above John Romita Jr. He has officially hit the big time!

Now all of you should go watch it too because it fucking rocks. :p

DiGiKerot

Now that I've seen it, I can confirm that Shigeto Koyama is definitely listed in the ending credits of Big Hero 6 under "Additional Visual Development", right above John Romita Jr. He has officially hit the big time!

It's not out here until next year :(

cajunator

Banned

It was a wonderful movie. GoGo is really cute too!

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Code Geass 25-End

Hey don't back out on me now, goddammit!

YESSSSS

Code Geass R2 1

YYYEEEESSSSSSSSS

Code Geass R2 12

This show will never stop finding new ways to amaze and or baffle me.

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Figured this was a good thread to ask for some mecha recommendations... so what are some good mecha series for a beginner?

GURREN LAGANN GURREN LAGANN GURREN LAGANN GURREN LAGANN GURREN LAGANN GURREN LAGANN GURREN LAGANN GURREN LAGANN GURREN LAGANN GURREN LAGANN GURREN LAGANN GURREN LAGANN GURREN LAGANN

I'll probably just watch Gurren Lagann first lol... it doesn't matter, right?

YES.

Code Geass 25-End

Hey don't back out on me now, goddammit!

Best
cliffhanger in all of anime.

The hell is this?!

It's that Twin-Tails show everyone's been raving about.

EDIT: Oh man, I just noticed that the subtitles were reflected in the mirror as well, ahahahahahaha.

TUSR

Banned
Well, they feature different characters in each episode so it shouldn't be too bad to get some names down as you go. Or just learn the best ones.

The memorization begins, and yeah you should watch Inou Battle.

Jibril is unmatched.

Fact.

They all have featured parts or episodes. Just know that Takane and Makoto are the best and its your choice whoever else you like.

*Googles*

Why am I not surprised.

Yes they are all important. They're all god tier characters.

Ami, Mami, Yayoi, Iori, Haruka, Azusa, Ritsuko, Kotori, Hibiki, Takane, Yukiho, Chihaya, Makoto. All equally important so you better not forget! :mad:

TRIGGER animated episode 17 which is Makoto-centric.

The hell is this?!

AOTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom