• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little Busters! 01

RWZs0PV.jpg

Don't try this at home.

So, they're trying to get a baseball team together then. People gets called baka and there's some fighting too.

Midonin

Book of Bantorra 07-09

Noloty/Enlike's arc was probably my favorite part of the series so far. Enlike's a broken man, to be sure, but Noloty is just so great. As soon as a system of magic is established, finding variations on it is part of the fun, and the idea of a guy who can
eat Books
establishes to me the once again symbolic nature of the books in this series. They could've been souls or gems or anything else, but by making them books, and stone books at that, what is the series trying to get at? Such a simple, yet ancient material chosen for humanity's soul to manifest as in this world, where a monster whose strength was controlling others and a man who controlled his own strength can look the same.

Qumola was an interesting character as well. The shades of gray in her backstory, for everyone's backstory (except Noloty, so far) give this a very hard-edged tone to it, coupled with the color palette running through most of the show. It looks like the Church is done with, at least for now, but I can't be certain. Organizations like that always have a few more members in the wings.

cajunator

Banned
I know right? If it was a proper reflection the subtitles in the window would be behind Tailred and mirrored.

EDIT:As Mike has pointed out, it would indeed not be mirrored. I can't into physics.

Yeah they totally screwed it up trying to be cute.

The memorization begins, and yeah you should watch Inou Battle.

Fact.

*Googles*

Why am I not surprised.

TRIGGER animated episode 17 which is Makoto-centric.

AOTY

surprised at what?
So you are aware that I like white/silver haired girls?

Midonin

Trinity Seven 07

I think this isn't the last we've seen of Lise. It was promised we'd see her again, and the fight against her was pretty fun, as was seeing Sora in her humanoid form. Lots of silver-haired girls in this series. The new ending theme for this episode might be my favorite of the songs thus far.

SSJLuffy

Thanks everyone that recommended me stuff!! With all the mecha series that have been recommended to me and other stuff I'm gonna be watching I should be good for awhile! :D

Gurren Lagann, Gunbuster/Diebuster and Full Metal Panic are the three I'm gonna watch first. Also working on my Naruto re-watch among other things I wanna re-watch/watch for the first time (Highschool of the Dead, Cowboy Bebop, Spiderman TAS (90s), American Horror STory, etc...).

CorvoSol

Figured this was a good thread to ask for some mecha recommendations... so what are some good mecha series for a beginner?

Gurren Lagann
Eureka Seven
Gundam Wing
G Gundam
Full Metal Panic, Fumoffu and The Second Raid
The Big O
Shin Mazinger Z
Mazinkaiser
Shin Getter Robo Armageddon
ARMORED TROOPER VOTOMS
Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Giant Robo
Gundam Build Fighters (Note: You may wish to watch some other Gundam shows first, but a lot of people on GAF seemed to enjoy it just fine with no knowledge of the franchise.)
GUNBUSTER
Martian Successor Nadesico
NEON GENESIS EVANGELION
Gundam 0080: The War in the Pocket

And these aren't anime, but:
Megas XLR
Symbionic Titan.

You know what, let's just do this:
Here is a list of anime I've seen with brief, sometimes fair descriptions of them. The whole first half is mecha anime. Definitely pick some of the ones toward the top and thank me later.

jbug617

Banned
Crunchyroll is making some changes. They revealed it when they announced the Xbox One version today.
Additionally, we’re always trying to provide more value for our premium users. Going forward, shows that are exclusive to Crunchyroll (not available on any other service), will be available exclusively to premium members 1 year after simulcast on Crunchyroll. Free viewers have a full year to watch, and premium members have access as long as we have the license (just like now). Shows that are available elsewhere will continue to be available on Crunchyroll for free (and premium) viewers indefinitely. We will make this change at the beginning of next year, and any affected titles will have updated availability notes by the end of this week. We think this is a minimal change, and is worth it to make all living room available to millions of our free viewers.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-875049/crunchyroll-now-on-xbox-one

Inou Battle 7

Drama turned to conflict. There's some viable messages here when it comes to interacting with others, but damn is that overshadowed by the presentation and the whole
suddenly, super-powered battles!
thing.

jbug617

Banned
Sentai Releases for March

Devils and Realists- DVD and Bluray
Gingitsune- DVD and Bluray
Outbreak Company- DVD and Bluray (Dub)
Place to Place (Acchi Kocchi)- Bluray
Student Council's Discretion- DVD and Bluray
Familiar of Zero Season 2- DVD and Bluray
The World God Only Knows: Goddesses - DVD and Bluray (Dub)

It's up on RS already

VRMN

So after one year, CR specific titles are only available for Premium Members?

As much as it seems that they're adding value to Premium memberships, they're really just removing free member features.
"Adding value" often means "make it more likely you'll want to subscribe." This is the same logic Microsoft used to "add value" to Xbox Live by making apps be behind that paywall for the longest time.

Little Busters! 07

Oh, look. It's the mean student council disciplinary committee president.

You're not allowed to win free drinks because it's unfair to those who pay? Ok... Anyway... They've recruited a prankster for the baseball team now then.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - 03

I still think this is just 'okay'. Nothing really makes me feel I need to watch more, and I don't particularly care much for the characters right now.
I will go for a few more episodes due to earlier responses, and hope it'll turn me around.

Clov

I knew Ben-To would get a BD release before Hyouka. I could feel it in my heart.

Well, given that it's been licensed for a while now and was originally scheduled to release in October, it makes sense that that would happen.

I'm sure it will happen at some point. Stranger things have happened. Mononoke just got a DVD release here seven years after it originally aired. Ping-Pong's getting a BD release. Belladonna of Sadness, an anime film from 1973, is having a full HD restoration to prepare for both a BD release and a theatrical re-release. I never would have thought any of these things would happen, ever. Give it time! Stay positive! :p

cajunator

Banned
Sentai Releases for March

Devils and Realists- DVD and Bluray
Gingitsune- DVD and Bluray
Outbreak Company- DVD and Bluray (Dub)
Place to Place (Acchi Kocchi)- Bluray
Student Council's Discretion- DVD and Bluray
Familiar of Zero Season 2- DVD and Bluray
The World God Only Knows: Goddesses - DVD and Bluray (Dub)

It's up on RS already

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also I noticed they are finally advertising Ben-To! Is it true? Is it really comhnnnnnng?

Full Metal Panic! - 1 Dub

So I'm picking this up again and starting over from the beginning due to a watchbet I recently made with Corvo (he's watching Fate/Zero).

I put this show on hold back in the day because, I don't know, I guess something about the show didn't really grab me at the time.

I'm starting over with the dub this time to see if a change in voice and language will change that, and I gotta say, it's a lot better than the sub. The English voices are enjoyable to listen to. On the episode itself, the hilarious juxtaposition of a military boy in a high-school life was one thing I remember liking from the little I watched of it before, and the dub certainly made it better. I hope it keeps it up.

Narag

Princess Mononoke

Told myself I'd wait to the BD to finally rewatch it and it was worth it, wonky subs and all. Expected them to be worse but they never seemed to stray too far from the DVD's literal translation track for the most part as I had that playing simultaneously. Donkey piss, Ashitaka sister shit, etc was in but meh, good enough.

Akame Ga Kill 20

Wow this is a complete mockery, like even if you only watch the anime you had to be wondering "wait how did we get here" at the start of the episode when it feels like 2-3 episodes worth of content were just skipped over (and they were, more like 9-12's worth). This is another prime example of why filler anime endings are awful. Shura was handled so poorly it was laughable, combined with the handling of
Lubba's death
and what's even more bizarre is that
Susanoo is still alive

The first 18.5 episodes of this series are a fantastic adaptation of the manga, after that just stop. I'll suffer though the next 4 episodes just to see how this disaster wraps up, but I'm very disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom