• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Parasyte - 07

LMAO Shinichi got that max swag boost, the fight was like everyone said, just okay.. much better storyboarded than eps 4 fight, don't had any exciting animation tho.

The funny thing is this eps DOES had some great animation/sakuga for the parasite, but its placed in infodump between Migi and the other parasite lol, them animator know their priority.

Parasyte - 7

I was going to give the show the benefit of the doubt and say that there is a significant reason that every girl the MC meets wants the jump on his bones.

Then, the other parasite/human hybrid shows up. :/

Yeah, they really did modify the show for modern audiences did they?

Taruranto

The Big Electric boogaloo #3

p9g21bO.jpg

What's Fujiko doing here!?

Not sure where this is heading. Also this episode needed more Dorothy.

So they're going to do the rest of this arc and I assume
a father revival arc
in the course of 3 episodes? Eww...

I assume that's the next arc in the LN? Might want to spoiler tag that just in case it is. On of the off chance that is correct I would imagine the anime is simply going to just adapt the rest of this arc and end on a cliff hanger.

kewlmyc

I assume that's the next arc in the LN? Might want to spoiler tag that just in case it is. On of the off chance that is correct I would imagine the anime is simply going to just adapt the rest of this arc and end on a cliff hanger.

No, I'm guessing. Haven't read the LN. It just seems like the promotional material and the story is leading up to that development. I'll tag it just in case.

Majin Bone 34

Some good character development for the rival brothers and Liebert, gonna assume Liebert is gonna become an iron bone soon probably in the next 2-3 episodes. Ouroboros seems to be hyped up as more powerful then revolt but not the major antagonist so it'll be interesting to see a battle between him and the main team next week.

As my parents used to say, suffering builds character.
Are your parents watching WIXOSS ?

No Game No Life End

A little too much ecchi for my tastes, but a fun show to watch regardless. I liked the dynamic Sora and Shiro had, although it did get a bit creepy at times, and I liked the concept of everything being decided by games. I'm not sure what to do now though, should I read the novels or wait for a second season?

There is enough material for a second season in the books that are currently translated.It all depends on your thirst for more NGNL.

TUSR

Banned
No Game No Life End

A little too much ecchi for my tastes, but a fun show to watch regardless. I liked the dynamic Sora and Shiro had, although it did get a bit creepy at times, and I liked the concept of everything being decided by games. I'm not sure what to do now though, should I read the novels or wait for a second season?

There is enough material for a second season in the books that are currently translated.It all depends on your thirst for more NGNL.

Yeah there is enough for another 12 episode order. Id probably just hold off for season 2.

Are your parents watching WIXOSS ?

It's MF Bunko J, don't put too much hope for it.
Even IS(which sold ~35k for first season) not getting season 2 til it jump ship to new publisher, who knows what are they thinking lol.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Parasyte - 7

I was going to give the show the benefit of the doubt and say that there is a significant reason that every girl the MC meets wants the jump on his bones.

Dude was an absolute chick magnet in the manga too.

Kokkuri 6

Starting to not really feel this show for the moment. The Jokes are getting repetitive/stale as the series goes on IMO. Still, the episode was pretty enjoyable, the
SchoolGirl Shiragaki
thing was hilariously unexpected. I did also like the surprisingly kinda serious scene which showed off Shiragaki's kinder side. The after credits scene is a bit overdone in my opinion but the part where
Inugami offers Kokkuri some coffee
was really funny IMO. Also, the constant narration of what I believe are the white rectangle bits from the original 4koma can get a bit grating, I kinda hope they cut down on it in future episodes and instead show what's being described instead. On a side note, is it established in the manga exactly when Inugami is in her female form? Is it supposed to be random?

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Very strong first half, I thoroughly enjoyed the slice-of-life moments where Makoto uses her time-leap powers for mundane scenarios. The movie started taking a dip in quality (IMO) once it started to focus on the romance between Makoto and Chiaki and that's the point where I started to slowly lose interest as I was disappointed at all the potential of having time-leaping powers would give being unused. Still, the music is excellently composed, sometimes too good, at times scenes in the film themselves just could not complement the music well enough in my opinion. And the ending was cute I suppose. I'm surprised at how much Steins;Gate lifted from this film.

Chiaka S2 07

So many Chiakas, so little time. Was interesting to finally see Toru and his sister chased off by someone rather than them just figuring out some way to beat them. Also quited interesting in what that black Chiaka meant when she said there was a
half-Chiaka instead of just three. I assume Vivi, but that might not be right. Too obvious.

Chiaka S2 07

So many Chiakas, so little time. Was interesting to finally see Toru and his sister chased off by someone rather than them just figuring out some way to beat them. Also quited interesting in what that black Chiaka meant when she said there was a
half-Chiaka instead of just three. I assume Vivi, but that might not be right. Too obvious.

No I'm pretty sure you're over thinking it and the obvious answer is the most likely one. Even Guy said something along the lines of Vivi's transformation being only half complete.

Full Metal Panic! - 3

This dub is making Kaname's name sound a lot like "Konami" in many instances. If it keeps this up, I might get unsure of what's really at risk. The girl, or the development of Metal Gear Solid V!

hitM4JT.png

I love how this guy essentially winks to the audience in this scene.

Yeah there is enough for another 12 episode order. Id probably just hold off for season 2.

Even IS(which sold ~35k for first season) not getting season 2 til it jump ship to new publisher, who knows what are they thinking lol.

i'd assume that they are waiting for more material in order to start a new season with new books .
Any other reason won't make sense.

TUSR

Banned

With BD v6, NGNL will surpass those sales. Not that sales have anything to do with anything though.

i'd assume that they are waiting for more material in order to start a new season with new books .
Any other reason won't make sense.

Could be, I forgot what exactly has been adapted. Pretty sure it was 1-3.

Pokemon XY 46

Wigglytuff being a little badass and walking through the "fire and flames" was a sight to see.

Probably one of the few times I've seen a fairy type actually looking cool.

Full Metal Panic! - 4

This show sure gives off a lot of Metal Gear vibes, and I'm not even the biggest fan of that series, haha.

But man though, I'm so much more invested in this show than when I took a shot at it last year. The dub probably helps. But I guess back then I wasn't used to the way all the tactics and stuff were presented back then. I think I was still coming off of Code Geass at this time, so back then I must have been really used to how dramatic and over-the-top it was there, as opposed to how natural and smooth it feels here.

Gundam Build Fighters Try 07

f20a073f18.jpg

Yer goddamn right it was.

So these Free! guys entire strategy was to pray for a water map? Well that's what you get for using water MS.
Is ramming the other play out of bounds with your Gunpla and suiciding even legal? It feels like it shouldn't be. But it was to set up the 1v1 so it's fine, in that sense.
Pretty hype fight. Felt a lot like the Reiji vs Fellini fight, lots of cool details on the armor slowly breaking. But the generic story of sick little kid wanting his big bro to win was pretty bad. I can't pick on it too much since it's so common and generic and nearly every sports anime (this is very close to being a sports series) has one. and it gave us a hype fight. I feel like S1 already did that but more clever, with the guy Meijin fought in ep 23.
I dunno. The show is improving though. We still need a rival character, maybe Sleggar Law in the previews will be him.

Parasyte 07

So getting infected by a parasite increases your chances of banging.
But banging also increases the chances of getting infected by a parasite.
How will Shinichi handle this scenario???
And he finally hit maximum cool guy status at the end there.

Chaika: AVENGING BATTLE 07

Goddammit Toru. Just let Fredrica run loose. She's a goddamn immortal shapeshifting dragon you idiot, how is this even a choice?
So the King comes out and says "HEY YOU KNOW WHAT FUCKING SUCKS? PEACE!" and everyone just rolls with it. And lmao at Red Chaika and her buddy just walking into an obvious prison cell.
Since this only has 3 episodes left, I assume everything will go down with the King and his Chaika posse and this is the last scenario. But the next episode is looking good.
At the end of this series I'm just expecting it to be like End of Evangelion. Except with Chaikas.

------------------------------------

Just find out someone translated this picture
$9400 per year...that's low

This just confirms VA culture is in fact a blight.
Anime is suffering.

Parasyte - 7

Just checked and this episode was damn faithful to the corresponding manga chapters.

With BD v6, NGNL will surpass those sales. Not that sales have anything to do with anything though.

Could be, I forgot what exactly has been adapted. Pretty sure it was 1-3.

We have 1-3 and there is 4-6 to make and honnestly you can make a second season with just 4-5 because this is the first multi layered arc the guy has made so far ( it would make an awesome season ending too )
The real reason why we have'nt a S2 is because cajun will die of blood loss because of the mofu mofu.( and other races )

Gundam build fighters try - 07
Wait .WHAT

what the heck was this episode ?
Team Free
was a bunch of morons that self destructed in a way that directly counter the fact that to be good at gunpla you need to be able to fight under every field
and the next guys went to beg others to let them win ?

WTF.
What the point of letting a dream continue if it's tainted by lies ? What is this nonsense ? why is this even a debate ? what is the point of this episode ?

Gundam build fighter try ..you better up your game and you level of storiies because this was a low point .

CorvoSol

Fate/Zero 2

Okay FUCK SABER. That's out of the way, right? Good. Out of my system. New Rule #1 for anime for Corvo: stop freaking out when Anime makes up new things about history. Sub-Rule is that Rule #1 doesn't apply if they ever come within a metric century of Teddy Roosevelt.

Anyway.

Harry Potter over there on the right lucked out and summoned Bronald Kingsley, who is exactly the man I wish King Arthur was, so I'm just gonna crown him King of Everyfuckingwhere because I love him already and we can all agree that Kirito's Shitty Girlfriend is just some weird cosplayer from Aryan Germany because she neither looks nor behaves like a warlord whose heyday was Medieval anything.

But back to The Once and Awesome King. Dude dispensed a Bright Slap at the exact moment I wanted him to, so he's pretty much God Emperor of "I Sure Hope this Guy Wins" Town. Also this episode we met Blueballs the Cthulu Reference, and although this is only the second episode I'm slightly irritated we couldn't find time to fit the entire cast into episode 1's nigh hour infodump. Also we saw Dr. Facillier bite it in the first real fight of the show, but I'm hoping that's a cliffhanger cuz expressionless Church Man was a good pick to go the distance. Little let down that Archer wasn't wearing green spandex and a pointy hat, but knowing my luck he's probably still Robin Hood.

Anyway, things moved and happened in this episode, but I'm hoping the like, seven disparate plotlines quickly collide because so far the only actual detriment the show has is that it sort of jumps around a whole, whole lot. This can be good when it's about a character I don't care about (SABER), but when its about His Imperial Coolness and Harry Potter, I come to miss them.

Plus tying these stories together sooner hopefully means we start to get throwdowns, and I'm all for seeing some throwdowns already.

Jarmel

Banned
Trinity Seven-7

Yea this was terrible. Yet I'm still watching.

I think it's mainly because the ninja pushes all the right buttons for me.

Fate/Zero 2

Plus tying these stories together sooner hopefully means we start to get throwdowns, and I'm all for seeing some throwdowns already.

First of all, glad to hear you're enjoying Rider. He's easily the best in the show and has one of my favourite anime moments later on in the first season.

Second, throwdowns will definitely be starting very soon.

High Scool! Seha Girls - 7

This was the episode I was waiting for guys. And it delivered on all fronts. Like, oh man. The Sonic stuff was EVERYWHERE guys. I'm a little confused on the music choices though during some parts.

Like seriously. Super Sonic Racing? Crisis City? His World?

I like two of those, but why those, of all things during cool moments? His World and Crisis City didn't even show up in a Sonic game that was for Dreamcast, Saturn, or Genesis!

I'm also a bit confused on why there was no dialogue for Sonic and Eggman. I mean, these are their modern designs they used. It's so weird seeing them on-screen and not talking for more than 2 seconds nowadays.

But whatever, I'll take what I can get. This was the Sonic the Hedgehog episode I was waiting for ever since this show started airing and I'm more than content with it.

Chaika AB - 07
This is a pretty good build-up that continues the already good build-up from last week.
BUt man i'm saying this since season 1 .. the political table is BORING.. In season 1 , they were morons trying to defends their interests and in season 2 they are scared cats unable to make a rationnal decision beyond their fear.

BORING

Hitsugi%20no%20Chaika%20-%20Avenging%20Battle%20-%2007.jpg

Wait did akari just smash that guy body on the ground like nothing ?

Now the rest of the episode was quite cool .. There isn't 2 but 3 black chaika , meaning 6 chaikas in this castle..man i'm enjoying this. The mentor was fine too

Now the anime do use a lot of sub plot at once , and damn that pay-off better be as magnificent as i hope it will.

Syrinx

Code Geass R2 3

Didn't see how Lelouch was able to make a bomb threat and then sneak out of the booths while Shirley was on the other side of the curtain and didn't notice anything.

And Rolo (mmm...Rolo) has Geass powers of his own, and not only is he not afraid to use them, he has used them to kill several Britannian agents in order to keep the secret of Geass safe.

If Lelouch wants to keep the fact that he's reawakened a secret for as long as he can to buy time to find where Nunnally is (assuming she's still alive, which he seems to be doing), I'm thinking that having Zero show up and reaffirm the United States of Japan might not have been the best move. Even the Black Knights don't quite know what the fuck is exactly going on here.

Edit: also what's Rolo's deal with the locket? Something secret hidden in there, buddy?

Hi school sEGA GIRLS - 07

BEST SONIC , ANIMATED , EPISODE , EVER

Dr eggman ,
Hi-sCoool%21%20SeHa%20Girl%20-%2007.jpg

<Dreamcast delivering the best lines >

It was stupid , cheap looking , rough on all edges but goddamn it was entertaining.

We wanted a sonic episode and they delivered !!

PS: they are going to bully saturn-chan untill the end aren't they ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom