• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanadis - 08

0joSTON.gif

What the fuck, did
they really kill the mighty Roland with fucking bees?
What a cheap fucking trick. I do not approve one bit.
I'm not mad, just disappointed. Nah I'm mad too.

Yeah, I see what you are getting at.
The contrast between last season's writing and characterisation is quite jarring to say the least. Mika, as I have mentioned is poorly written with all her whining and, later, loafing around, while the new charters don't add alot to the conflict. I suppose Togane have a secret or two up his sleeve, but his obsessiveness makes him an easy character development while Akane and her relationship with her enforcer (and her superior) seems to be a copy and paste job from the first season.
I disagree.
Ok the 2 officers disagree ( that's a given) but their reason for disagreeing are actually different.
Ginoza wasn't looking down to the enforcers by principle, this was something that happenned as result of previous incidents. That aspect is nowhere , now.
Akane was trying to understand what she was doing there. She went for the job because sibyl told her she could do it and regardless she always challenged many aspect of the job with or without the enforcers and she reached truth with her own conclusions.
Mika doesn't even try, she doesn't challenge the unknow and she doesn't even acknowledge several aspect of her work , unless she can't avoid it.

Ginoza vs akane / akane vs mika are 2 completely different relationship, we're not even at some reversal of point of views. It's more like the only POV they could add to the mix was the worthless conservative opinion of someone so integrated in a system , you can't see the obvious shortcomings.

All the killing in this season is also...overkill to say the least. I get that its connected to the the main villain and his motives, but there doesn't seem to be a cohesive plot progression.

Still, I am interested where its heading. Hope the Villain is quite worth the journey this series is trying to go through.
If anything going by the latest episode , the holo reveals and the crash reveals indicate that the cohesive plot was there from day.1

Vanadis - 08

0joSTON.gif

What the fuck, did
they really kill the mighty Roland with fucking bees?
What a cheap fucking trick. I do not approve one bit.
I'm not mad, just disappointed. Nah I'm mad too.

Yes being mad is to be expected , but if
he was still there , he would have done so much damage the story would have ended at the next episode. that's how broken he was.

faridmon

I disagree.
Ok the 2 officers disagree ( that's a given) but their reason for disagreeing are actually different.
Ginoza wasn't looking down to the enforcers by principle, this was something that happenned as result of previous incidents. That aspect is nowhere , now.
Akane was trying to understand what she was doing there. She went for the job because sibyl told her she could do it and regardless she always challenged many aspect of the job with or without the enforcers and she reached truth with her own conclusions.
Mika doesn't even try, she doesn't challenge the unknow and she doesn't even acknowledge several aspect of her work , unless she can't avoid it.

Ginoza vs akane / akane vs mika are 2 completely different relationship, we're not even at some reversal of point of views. It's more like the only POV they could add to the mix was the worthless conservative opinion of someone so integrated in a system , you can't see the obvious shortcomings.

The obsession Akane have on Kamui reminds me a lot of Kogami's obsession of catching Mikishima. Mikishima was also, kamui, an anarchist who didn't believe in Hue and Psycho-pass as far as as predicting criminals goes and went into great length manipulating the colours of certain criminals.
Kamui as well is manipulating personnel in order for them to do the dirty job for him exactly like Mikishima. He targets Akane just as Mikishima and Kogami played cat and mouse all along the series.
Mika is a believer in the system, naively so, just like how Akane believed in Enforcers in the season previous. Akane and Mika fiction (however absurd it is) is also reminiscing on Ginzo and Akane's relationship, albeit from a different perspectives.

The similarity is there, not necessarily Ginzo V Akane and Akane V Mika but the whole plot intrigue seems to be lifted from the first series.

f anything going by the latest episode , the holo reveals and the crash reveals indicate that the cohesive plot was there from day.1
I haven't watched the latest ep. so I hope they do connect the dots somehow.

Is there something out there for an Ergo Proxy lover?
I've lost contact with the Anime world, but would love to see something good!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergo_Proxy

Hmm may be hard to tell without elaborating which aspects you actually enjoyed so much about that show.

If you appreciated the world in that show and overall are looking for some great world building I could definitely recommend 'From the New World' (Shinsekai Yori). Deals with some similar topics as well.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 03

NOOOOOOOOOO

This day sucks.
Really really like the designs. This witch looked like something from alice in wonderland twisted with disney chilling in candyland
Oh.. new ED.. how fitting

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Would you say she's ahead of the pack?

But of course. She's ahead of the game. She's got a great head on her shoulders. What's not to love?

ohyou.jpg

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 03

NOOOOOOOOOO

This day sucks.
Really really like the designs. This witch looked like something from alice in wonderland twisted with disney chilling in candyland
Oh.. new ED.. how fitting

The real Madoka start here:D

Listening to this cover of Catch you catch me by Hanatan make me happy <3

Defuser

Psycho Pass 2 ep 7
yeah, all this stupid shit this past few episodes is because of sibyl system. The sibyl system is the reason why Psycho Pass 1 and 2 isn't very good.

Gundam Build Fighters 8

I was worried the show would delve a little too deep into technobabble, but I think it struck a decent balance here. It helps that there were two great fights (the final one was incredible) and some hilarious entrances. I'll never forgive the Devil Gundam going out like that though :(

Jarmel

Banned
Grisaia-7

Holy shit, traffic accidents must be the leading cause of death in Japan.

2 for 1 this episode too. That double whammy grimdark.

ME!ME!ME!

Da fuq. I go in expecting some normal, short anime. What I got was different. Entirely different. Still pretty cool regardless. I prob should have taken those NSFW warnings seriously though, hard to explain to your friends what exactly it is that you're watching.

Jarmel

Banned
Amagi Brilliant Park-8
i9OmyG06NcnZO.jpg

Like a fiend in a crackhouse.
Much much better than the previous episode. The comedy stuff works really well. Tirami has obviously set himself up as the best mascot but the other mascots were pretty good in this episode too. Seeing a teenager giving divorce advice was fantastic.

So far the show hasn't really bothered with the drama stuff and I have to say I'm fine with that. The comedic material has been solid for the most part.

The meat suit concept was a lot more fun than I imagined it to be.

F/SN UBW 7

Why does everyone keep letting everyone go? It was dumb in F/Z and it's dumb here. Far too much honor and "it wasn't our job to settle it with you tonight/leave them to take care of the others" this is almost always a sure fire plan to have said person you let go get stronger to come back and kill you. I guess it's the price you pay when you have a 24-26 episode series that only had 7 main fighters you have to keep them around for awhile or the series will end very quickly.

All the fights were really damn pretty though and honestly the "letting you go" thing really doesn't bother me as much at it does others. The fights are very enjoyable and I'd rather they keep all 7 servants around as long as possible for more fights.

You meet her in two separate sidequest chapters. The first is after completing chapter 5 but you can only recruit her in the sidequest given after chapter 9. You don't have to do the former to get her in the latter.

Ah gotcha. Yeah I saw her little shop. I love her design :D

Up to chapter 7 now. My Little Sumia Cant Be This Cute. Game is sooo good.

Ok, High School DxD's dub is amazing.
character volunteers to receive half of the MC's punishment(a spanking)
MC replies with "Wait, forgive dat ass. Don't spank it"

wonzo

Banned
Yama no Susume S2 7-12

yamasusus211.jpg

Seeing Aoi slowly die on the inside as the group split up during her failed climb was just about the most depressing thing I've seen in a while. :(

I'm really glad it worked out in the end thanks to the letters and here's hoping she manages to tackle Mt. Fuji again before the shows over!

Fate/Stay Night 07

Pretty episode, but every episode I watch makes me want to drop it more and more.
This really showed off why I think Masters are useless idiots and Servants are cool dudes, and how the latter would be better without the former. Or maybe not considering they played the "I'm letting you go because reasons" card three times in the same episode, and it was dumb every time, so it seems Servants are just really calm and forgiving after battles to the death in this Last Man Standing tournament. Archer changed his mind and came back after Assassin and Saber's heart to heart talk though, I guess he was off doing nothing and was unable to catch up to the dying man crawling on the ground
lmao at Shirou trying to deck Archer, this guy seriously just wants to 1v1 every Servant he sees it's not even a joke anymore. I'm guessing this second near death experience will change him a lot and he will suddenly become a good character!

Hunter x Hunter (2011) - 1-52

So in the last couple weeks I've started my path down on this fine piece of animation.

While still executed pretty well this anime really didn't stand out for me, that is until it hit ~episode 44. From thereon I've been enjoying it a hell lot and can probably join the choir of "battle shonen done right".

Can hardly believe that Kurapika, who felt like one of the lamest characters until then, actually became such a badass. His chain stuff is of the hook!

By now the show has a rather large cast of interesting characters (although only
Hisoka
really stands out imo), the pacing is pretty good, the fights not necessarily that amazingly animated or choreographed but still solid, and most importantly there isn't such a high amount of bullshit explanations.

By all means, it's still a battle shonen and power creep and the like are an issue but it's all in an acceptable range. World building suffers quite a bit though, when you constantly have stronger folks appear everywhere and e.g. the
Hunter exam feels insignificant in hindsight
. It's also kinda poor when the protagonists grow stronger in the shortest time frames because "talent, he/she is one in a million!" but eh, can live with that.

Am really hyped in this current ongoing arc and man, absolutely love it when the ED theme kicks in at the end of the episodes <3

Log Horizon S2 E8

Akatsuki did her best Kirito impersonation and had to go faster and faster then got her super secret skill which only she can get to beat the bad guy, writers of Log Horizon are clearly ripping off the far superior writing of SAO what a bunch of hacks
Y8reiVX.jpg

Log Horizon 2 08

f1MtDhK.jpg

Sweet a Sacred Blacksmith reference

That certainly seemed like an actual raid bosses' mechanics.
Glad we can get back to Shiroe's raid, I think they are going to show the Christmas stuff from his perspective, which I like.
lol at celebrating victory over an immortal serial killer with a pajama party. Pretty good episode and this little arc was decent.

wonzo

Banned
Gugure! Kokkuri-san 7

gugure7.jpg

genderbent kokkuri GOAT
lawd.png

kinda bums me out this has basically turned into kokkuri the doting parent (and i guess shigaraki to a lesser extent) protecting kohina from every single supernatural rapist under the sun. and to think we haven't even gotten to them supposed gay paedophile tengu yet&#8230; ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom