• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Grisaia-8

So how the fuck did
that sister survive a carbomb? Girl was right fucking on top of it.

Also Makina has one hell of a dirty mouth.

childplease.png

I'll remember the MC comeback sentence for future use IRL.

Grisaia-8

So how the fuck did
that sister survive a carbomb? Girl was right fucking on top of it.

Also Makina has one hell of a dirty mouth.

Maybe
she didn't and the MC was just telling her that , so she could recover .

Gundam ZZ 17-25 "Season 1" Done.

This show was pretty fucking unwatchable til this point. Took a good 14 months to watch up to 17 lol, then it randomly started getting serious and good. Cut down on the slapstick, characters are still ridiculous but no where near opening levels, and action started getting good.

qdgq4hU.png

Terrible character who fills the Katz role in this show. I expect a hilarious death at some point because the irrational follow Judau while endangering everyone has to end a some point. Can't wait for the hopefully not completely shitty clones to show up.

9YX8mOx.png

A black character that did not die, ahead of the curve it seems.

j8EoFme.png

Took 24, TWENTY FOUR, fucking episodes for this guy to realize he has been killing people this entire time and only now starts to question it... who fucking wrote this. Oh and he randomly had a newtype moment and choked some random girl out for agreeing that he should prioritize saving his sister when no one else did, did not say sorry but accused everyone else of being irrational... yeah. They all forgot he was literally killing her infront of like 20 people 4 seconds later of course, because fuck it, its just some chick, he could have full blown murdered her and no one would care.

pxSpBfV.png

So this guy kidnapped the main characters sister by accident while trying to kidnap another character he has an irrational and super creepy stalker thing for. Now hes training her in ballet, instruments and what not... and the kidnapped sister goes along with it perfectly. Like 0 resistance not even questioning it... its really weird and I reiterate, fucking creepy. Guy has a huge child molester vibe. and this pop star thing was never mentioned once and only in this screen shot, is this the reason she is not resisting, no fucking clue.

LIEXzvI.png

The baddest bitch in space returns wearing some fierce shit Gaga wishes she could pull off.

OkeE11w.png

Only good character in the show. Stable personality, great pilot out of nowhere it seems. Only flaw is that shes in love with a retard ginger.

Show has a shit ton of stuff that makes no sense and I can see why they more or less ignore it as if it never happened now. The current crew of kids literally has 0 reason to be there, bitches about it constantly, but never leaves, and never stops willingly fighting. 2 of the dudes constantly betray them but never get kicked off or punished. They regularly let enemies on the goddamn ship but never confine them, and literally get something stolen every fucking episode. Lt. Bright Noa needs to get his ass court martialed for any of this nonsense.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Log Horizon S2 8
Hopefully, the fact that they
cut the entire city's magic supply
won't have any lasting effects on the story.

SAO S2 20
I was actually getting interested.... until the very end of the episode happened.

Terraformars 9 and OVA 2
Well Adolf basically gave the greatest "fuck you" I have seen lately.

As for the OVA, it was better than I expected. And it was unsettling seeing Thien
become a Kamen Rider
(giant grasshopper).

Jarmel

Banned
Maybe
she didn't and the MC was just telling her that , so she could recover .

That was one of my earlier assumptions when watching the episode.

Took 24, TWENTY FOUR, fucking episodes for this guy to realize he has been killing people this entire time and only now starts to question it... who fucking wrote this. Oh and he randomly had a newtype moment and choked some random girl out for agreeing that he should prioritize saving his sister when no one else did, did not say sorry but accused everyone else of being irrational... yeah. They all forgot he was literally killing her infront of like 20 people 4 seconds later of course, because fuck it, its just some chick, he could have full blown murdered her and no one would care.

lol Tomino

Taruranto

The Revenge of the Giant Ghost Mara #5

Looks like you can't walk 5 feet in this town without running into a giant god robot. Are we sure it doesn't take place in Japan?

Pretty stand-alone, fillerish episode. The ending song and the first episodes seemed to make a great deal of Dorothy, but she has been fairly underutilized so far. She doesn't even go on adventures with Batman! Disappointing.

This show was pretty fucking unwatchable til this point. Took a good 14 months to watch up to 17 lol, then it randomly started getting serious and good. Cut down on the slapstick, characters are still ridiculous but no where near opening levels, and action started getting good.

ZfQMSnA.jpg

Space Dandy 9

Wow, that was by far the least interesting episode by far. Either that or Episode 7. Very colorful and I guess the design of the plants were pretty cool to look at, but an extremely uninteresting episode plot wise.

But episode 9 is the best episode of Space Dandy's first season. The show is usually at its best when presenting a striking vision of a truly alien world.

But episode 9 is the best episode of Space Dandy's first season. The show is usually at its best when presenting a striking vision of a truly alien world.

They succeeded in presenting an alien world. Most definitely I will say, visually, the episode was at it's strongest point here. Awesome looking aliens and a wide variety of colors. It just seems the episode was slower compared to the episodes I've been watching, I guess.

I hope I'm explaining myself well, I'm not the best when it comes to articulating my thoughts on entertainment, sorry :p

CorvoSol

Re: Glemmy being extremely creepy, the show will make it clear in the second half that that's all intentional. I kinda like Glemmy's character just because it's one of the few that looks like it undergoes a drastic change in the second half, but upon rewatches you come to see that Tomino actually took the time to set it up.

Shengar

Mushishi - 13

The girl infected was basically in a coma to the guy 'responsible', and was clinging on for the chance that she might wake up. But in the end if you don't move on it's going to cost you.
Moral of the story: move the fuck on or
become a walking corpse for the next 20 years
It's started to wear on me that so many characters look very much alike. But that's the catch of introducing multiple new characters every episode I suppose.

One of the most fucked up episode of Mushishi.

They succeeded in presenting an alien world. Most definitely I will say, visually, the episode was at it's strongest point here. Awesome looking aliens and a wide variety of colors. It just seems the episode was slower compared to the episodes I've been watching, I guess.

I hope I'm explaining myself well, I'm not the best when it comes to articulating my thoughts on entertainment, sorry :p

It's definitely one of the more meditative, reflective episodes of Space Dandy, but I find those to be the best. Loud and raucous Space Dandy can get a bit annoying.

Defuser

Gugure! Kokkuri-san ep 8
Goodbye female Kokkuri-san :(
Damn Shiragaki is such a gentlemen.....only when he is attracted to a girl lol.

CorvoSol

Fate Zero 5

1. Fuck Saber and everything about her. Let's just move on from the fact that they made Arthur a chick and instead look at how they've subsequently treated her. So allegedly she's supposed to be an ultra badass and like, the toughest of the Servants in the game, but somehow, she's had her ass handed to her by Lancer and then spends this entire episode utterly dependent on men to bail her out. Whether it be Lancer saving her from Berserker, Rider saving her from Lancer, or Kiritsugu trying to save her with a sniper rifle. And don't even get me started on her ridiculous "breast" plate and battle dress of utter stupidity. Didn't she spend her life masquerading as a man? Then why isn't she dressed in goddamn armor like a man?

Saber's portrayal is so completely not King Arthur that even in show people think she's fucking Joan of Arc, but I'm just gonna point out that even Joan of Arc should be pissed off at that, cuz Joan 1) Didn't wear dresses into battle like a goddamn Barbie and 2) Coulda held her own against a fucking prehistoric Irishman cosplaying FFVII's Zack Fair.

In short, there isn't anything good about Saber's character at all.

Moving right along, the GOOD stuff in this episode is no surprise to anybody: Rider. Dude shows up, invites everybody to the game, hams it up like the King he is, and knocks Berserker out of the fight with one damn blow. He's raucous, loud, and so, so good. When Professor Not-A-British-Name is sitting there pissing all over Milk Wafer, Rider does the kid a solid and points out that at least he had the balls to come into battle, rather than hide (simultaneously shaming every other dude, too.) He further disses Prof. WhoRemembersThatName by making the dude waste one of his three wishes or whatever, to boot.

The best part, though, is his proposal to everybody else, which is just: "Let's quit this stupid game and conquer the world, guys!"

Further proving she isn't fucking King Arthur, Saber turns him down, instead of being like "FUCK YES I LOVED IT WHEN I CONQUERED ROME."

Summary: Rider good, Saber shit.

It's definitely one of the more meditative, reflective episodes of Space Dandy, but I find those to be the best. Loud and raucous Space Dandy can get a bit annoying.

That is true. The reason I dislike it may be because the episode caught me off gaurd, I was used to the goofy, loud, trippy dandy for the past 8 episodes and then all of a sudden, I get an episode that's super meditative (as you said, good word to describe the ep). I will go back and watch it once I complete the first season. I hated Blade runner when I first watched it, it is now one of my favorite movies. The same may occur with this episode of space dandy, now it's one of my least favorite eps (speaking strictly about plot) and it could easily become one of my faves.

Fate Zero 5

Yeah, I didn't really focus that much on Saber when I watched Fate/Zero for the first time.

I was more focused on Rider and Kiritsugu along with the other masters than I was on her, despite her having a cool moment later on.

But more on him, oh man, you haven't even gotten to Rider's best scene yet. Dude only gets better and better.

Fate Zero 5

1. Fuck Saber and everything about her. Let's just move on from the fact that they made Arthur a chick and instead look at how they've subsequently treated her. So allegedly she's supposed to be an ultra badass and like, the toughest of the Servants in the game, but somehow, she's had her ass handed to her by Lancer and then spends this entire episode utterly dependent on men to bail her out. Whether it be Lancer saving her from Berserker, Rider saving her from Lancer, or Kiritsugu trying to save her with a sniper rifle. And don't even get me started on her ridiculous "breast" plate and battle dress of utter stupidity. Didn't she spend her life masquerading as a man? Then why isn't she dressed in goddamn armor like a man?

Saber's portrayal is so completely not King Arthur that even in show people think she's fucking Joan of Arc, but I'm just gonna point out that even Joan of Arc should be pissed off at that, cuz Joan 1) Didn't wear dresses into battle like a goddamn Barbie and 2) Coulda held her own against a fucking prehistoric Irishman cosplaying FFVII's Zack Fair.

In short, there isn't anything good about Saber's character at all.

Moving right along, the GOOD stuff in this episode is no surprise to anybody: Rider. Dude shows up, invites everybody to the game, hams it up like the King he is, and knocks Berserker out of the fight with one damn blow. He's raucous, loud, and so, so good. When Professor Not-A-British-Name is sitting there pissing all over Milk Wafer, Rider does the kid a solid and points out that at least he had the balls to come into battle, rather than hide (simultaneously shaming every other dude, too.) He further disses Prof. WhoRemembersThatName by making the dude waste one of his three wishes or whatever, to boot.

The best part, though, is his proposal to everybody else, which is just: "Let's quit this stupid game and conquer the world, guys!"

Further proving she isn't fucking King Arthur, Saber turns him down, instead of being like "FUCK YES I LOVED IT WHEN I CONQUERED ROME."

Rider and Kiritsugu are the sole reason for Fate/Zero being good.

Wait what?

It's been a while since I took my Arthurian class so I maybe remembering this wrong but part of the 13th century legends that sprung up was that King Arthur marched on Rome to repel the barbarians and restore the rightful emperor before having to turn back one he learned of treachery at home.

Jarmel

Banned
It's been a while since I took my Arthurian class so I maybe remembering this wrong but part of the 13th century legends that sprung up was that King Arthur marched on Rome to repel the barbarians and restore the rightful emperor before having to turn back one he learned of treachery at home.

I don't think he ever got as far as the capital. He did fight Rome but I thought that was mainly for defensive purposes.

fertygo

Fate Zero 5

Err Joan dressed far more sillier than Saber in this universe, that just archetypical knight armor in animu/RPG.. Shit if you playing that Joan d'arc psp game or any fire emblem you would see similar get up, your complaint is weird lol

First Serena gets a Pancham, and now Clemont gets a Luxio?

Does this mean Ash is getting a cool pokemon too?

Would love to see him getting something like a Honedge.

Oh and "Keepu" returning was a nice surprise.

Almost sure the sensei would have said yes if that blush was any indication.

Celestial Method - 8

Yep. Yeeeeeep. This show is going where I think it's going isn't it?

Oh boy...
and just when Shione reconciled with Nonoka too.

Pls Kotomine, Caster, and Archer are the best in Zero.

Psycho-Pass 2 07: #gamingSide

Kamui Kirito is love, Kamui Kirito is life.

Fuck Archer that bastard, never did I like his smug attitude. Screw Caster and his edgy master all they did is kill just for the thrill of it, they needed a new hobby. And pls Kotomine can die with his stoic personality.

Gundam Build Fighters 10

Nice introduction to all the other fighters and an awesome look at the Strike's new abilities.

Gundam Build Fighters 11

The alliance of guys Fellini stole girls from killed me. I really enjoy the Battle Royale format since it shows so many other Gunpla. Or is it "Gunplas"? I should probably know the plural form by now...

Gundam Build Fighters 12

Unique fight against the giant Zaku with a nice payoff, but the whole wrist injury is dumb as hell.

Blusby

Akame ga Kill 20-21: It seems like they're trying to wrap up the story early with come cool match-ups and that's okay by me. I never particularly cared much for
pedophilic clown rape
but hey that's just me. Looks like the next episode will be Akame vs Kurome, if they manage to not make it look like ass I'll be satisfied.

Full Metal Panic! - 8

Man, I love these kind of episodes in this show. Sousuke trying to act like a normal high-school kid will never stop being funny.

If this kind of stuff is what Fumoffu is all about, then I can't wait until I get to it.

I don't think he ever got as far as the capital. He did fight Rome but I thought that was mainly for defensive purposes.

Okay yeah you're right. As I remember the story goes that Rome attacked England and Arthur repelled them. Nest he gathered up his men and attacked Normandy, France, and all the other little nations on his way to Rome to exact justice. It's all a fairly obvious retelling of the Saxon invasion and a way to give England an excuse from the Roman conquest by telling of a great English (Roman?) King who fought off the Romans.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Sword of the Stranger
I have no idea why i did not watching this sooner.
A ronin story protecting a child from conspiracy is not something new, but that fight animation and choreography elevate this anime into a whole new level. Best fighting scene i've ever seen.
Now i'm more excited with Under the Dog!

mAcOdIn

Thanks for taking the time to type this. Good analysis that did manage to make me look at the episode in different light and appreciate it a bit more. Though I would argue that Vince and Pino were already best buddies and pretty much regarded Re-L as such. It's just she who had to drop her attitude.
True true.

I think Ergo Proxy's only good when examining humanity, and not necessarily just the humanity in people, everything else about the actual plot is tragically garbage and needlessly convoluted.

Vanadis
As i argued last week with someone on this very forom , the tactics part of the show has been much lowered in order to make room for action and the limited amount of episodes.
As a result , the part where the characters ( everyone from eleonore to tigre ) are building stratégy and discussing tactics is much lower. (Everything the audience get are the conclusions of those debates) , but if you don't show and just tell , the characters don't devellop as much.
This is still an aspect of the show , but well here are some of the consequences.

About elen , despite what she says was a mercenary before being a vanadis and thus sometimes acts based on instinct. Actually she does that a lot.
The part about elen stronghold, explaining that she actually has much skills in term of management as well was skipped and plenty of other details here and there.
To me none of this matters. Maybe the source material's fantastic but the anime's a laughable mess. But in all seriousness, I know this may disappoint fans but if I'm neither shown something nor it's outcome in the show than it doesn't really exist in the show. In the show Ellen sucks.

And Tigre's clothes shredding skin saving arrow seems more suited to High School DxD or the current show Trinity Seven.

Cross Ange 08

Is it dumb that they live in the magical future but can't fix someone from the royal family's legs? I think that's pretty dumb.
And is it really a good idea to let the slaves walk around with guns and knives freely? Especially when there's a fucking princess around? This is a really ramshackle operation right here.
It is very difficult to take any of these "serious" scenes seriously when everyone is in bikinis. When red head girl was leaving on her bike I half thought it was going to explode for no reason. Which would've been hilarious.
At least Rito Yamato is coming back next episode.
I still can't figure out the reason for the plot at all. It makes so little sense to take a group of people like that and give them top secret weapons and leave them relatively alone, it's just silly. Forget their knives what about their damn fighters? They could wreak all kinds of havoc on the populace if they so desired. Further it seems magic would be kind of an asset against giant monsters but whatever. Forget the small crap like a Norma possibly killing a guard or superior, this is like Hitler putting the Jews in charge of the defense of Nazi Germany then forcing them to buy their own guns and hoping for the best. I can't even square this part of the plot up so everything that happens within the setting is just insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom