• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

I guess the lack of Oreimo kind of does invalidate the list. I mean, if you're talking about a story that transcends borders and can be appreciated around the world, its the pure love that can only exist between a brother and his younger sister.

I guess the lack of Oreimo kind of does invalidate the list. I mean, if you're talking about a story that transcends boarders and can be appreciated around the world, its the pure love that can only exist between a brother and her younger sister.

Hehe. Wait... This is a joke, right?

Well on the plus side he ends up watching Summer Wars, Mind Game, Paprika and Sword of the Stranger so it's not all bad.

Good thing Elfen Lied didn't put him off anime forever at least :p

Clov

There, I went and voted for some anime on there. I chose The Tatami Galaxy, Mushishi, and Mononoke. I don't read enough manga, so I haven't voted there.

Can't really be bothered to do all that when the choices are so terrible.

Mushishi and Tatami Galaxy and Dennou Coil and Mononoke and Simoun and Paprika and 5cm/s and Steins Gate and Mawaru Penguin Drum and Ping Pong are terrible??

Gaf is more hipster than I thought!

Or that was sarcasm, I'm not sure.

In fact I don't know what Jexhius was complaining, it seems a good selection of works, of every genre and market sector.

Rail Wars 04

uS2fL9C.jpg

Huh. Suddenly watching idol anime again...

And they managed to have a beach/hot springs episode.

Dresden

lol, there's this too:

In the same manner, anime and manga have permeated all of Western culture; their aesthetics, language and coding, their unforgettable and powerful stories have held great power for my generation of storytellers. You can see the enormous love I have for all things Japanese in everything I do, be it Hellboy, Pacific Rim or Pan's Labytrinth, I remain keenly aware of Japanese filmmakers, Yokai legends, the engravings of Utamaro or Hokushai, the Kwaidan of Lafcadio Hearn or the anime of great masters, Miyazaki, Otomo, Go Nagai, OSamu Tezuka, Satoshi Kon and many others, the brilliant game design of Hideo Kojima, the Kaiju of Tsuburaya and the manga of Naoki Urasawa (one of which I am proud to be adapting into a TV series).

Stealth confirmation of the Monster HBO project moving along???

cajunator

Banned
I cant wait to get home and finish the rest of the series.

I had to laugh at
"So if you ever feel like dying for the sake of the universe, please call me anytime". That little bastard said it with a straight face.

Thankfully I didnt see any scenes, just some song title names that implied how the ending was gonna go down. I'm just gonna lock down on Googling or Youtubing anything Madoka until I finish the series and movie.

Kyubey and his ilk are such cold unfeeling bastards. No regard for the individual, only the collective. It was almost like...real life.

do you still have pic where a girl holding a book "why my taste is better than yours" or something like that?

Nopes I dont have it.

Crocodile

So do they honestly want the opinions of foreigners here? Because I would think our opinions would hold a lot of value is choosing products that would appeal to international audiences (which is irrespective of their actual quality of course :p)

No way man. That was a kids show for babies and kids and toddlers. Reco is for boys and men.

So is this an earnest "no" answer to that question?

zulux21

I've been waiting for this for so long. Love Del Toro, love Monster. Please happen soon. I need it in my body. Just touching me all over.

I always felt monster could easily succeed in america without changing its story it would just need to be given a chance.

Watching The Strain I think del toro could easily pull off monster as long as he stayed true to the source material... if he put in the terrible extra drama that the strain has to monster it would likely just ruin it, but if he stayed true to the original story I could see it becoming quite talked about.

Gundam Wing 8

Well I didn't expect them to outright reveal Zechs' true identity so soon. Usually you don't find out who the Char clone really is until your 2/3rd into the show.

CorvoSol

Oh I'm joking I don't know what that is. My guess would be shots from the MSG movie compilation with the added nude Sayla scene but I've never once watched it so I don't know.

The retcon bit was more about Tomino's terrible habit of making sweeping changes with his retcon movies for the sake of proving he absolutely is George Lucas.

Midonin

Funimation did sort of announce more titles they're going to pick up. By being as cryptic as possible.

“A man sits on the banks of the River Styx and contemplates a remembrance of things past while a matching pair of children play a game nearby. Meanwhile, three brothers ferry a sheep and a wolf across the river under the cover of clouds.”

Gundam Wing 9

Relena, please tell me you have more to your character than just wanting to be with Heero, whom need I remind you, told you he will kill you.

On the flipside, we see the Tallgeese in action for the first time and it manages to take out the Sanc kingdom's alliance base by itself, but not before Zechs loses control of it and nearly kills himself.

TUSR

Banned
Gundam: G no Reconguista premieres first I believe.

Im not too big on the Gundam designs for some reason. But excited as hell for the show.

Gundam Wing 9

Relena, please tell me you have more to your character than just wanting to be with Heero, whom need I remind you, told you he will kill you.

On the flipside, we see the Tallgeese in action for the first time and it manages to take out the Sanc kingdom's alliance base by itself, but not before Zechs loses control of it and nearly kills himself.

One of the best designs of non-Gundam looking 'Gundams'

Manga
Young Saint Men
Space Brothers
One Punch Man

Anime (This was fucking HARD to pick just three)
Code Geass
Clannad
Toradora
come at me if you're gonna swing brah

Didn't vote in the novel and LN catagories cause well i don't read them lol

The manga section didn't even have Tokyo Ghoul hmmmm. Definitely a top tier manga.

Mokoi

Banned
What I voted for out of the things I've seen/read.

Animu
Mushishi
Ping-pong
Natsume's Book of Friends

Mango
Punpun
March comes like a lion
I am a hero

mankoto

Gundam SEED 11
What could have been a death sentence is labeled a freebie because he's still technically a civilian and Fray has a few screws loose. But hey, they survived and are now with the main fleet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom