• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ai-Mai-Mi 1-3

I'm not entirely sure what I'm watching but it's kinda awesome.
Kinda?
EU7VYtP.jpg

Quasar

My reading whirlwind of Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance continues. Completed book 7.

Well the pretty well telegraphed identity of the fake Ashbell is revealed. Kind of amused its Fiana whose sitting on these big secrets. And I'll admit I was happy to see the Kamito/Restia teamup at the end, however brief it was. I do like this notion of the exes interacting again as well as Restia as bad girl. I do kind of hope it the long term Restia is no longer one of the villains, just so Kamito is not forced at some point to kill her.

I'm still not sure I understand why she wished for Kamito to kill the elemental lords and why it turned her bad - well I guess because they are the ones granting wishes. I also still wonder what his wish was.

Also at this point Kamitos identity as Ren is as obvious as Clark Kents given all the evidence the girls have.

Anyway. I continue to enjoy this. Onwards to book eight.

cajunator

Banned
Hey guys, is cajun pharrell Williams?

say wha?

Pani Poni Dash 2

imiufbAReUOTq.jpg

Sleep tight.

Nekomimi hair, magical girls and exploding robots. This show basically throws every gag it has at the wall, hoping it will stick. Often does, but it's easy to get lost due to the rapid-fire nature of it.

God-cat is pretty creepy.

A lot of anime comedies during that time seemed to be very random and rapid fire. I blame the popularity of Excel Saga. It seemed to work pretty well though.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 8

HOLY SHIT. I fucking knew it!!!

Hehe...

Steins;Gate - 8

They literally attempted to use time-travel to
change a person's gender.

Or did they? We don't exactly know, but it's heavily implied at the end.

The real question is, what else happened?

theres a reason for all that fanart
also a certain something HAS been set into motion..

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 9

Suffering

Bahahahaha!
Continue. All is about to become clear.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hyouka 1 (rewatch):
ibcIJHgn69rdUE.gif

A man infatuated.

On some level, I recognize that I might be biased because the ending to Hyouka disappointed me so much that I became a hardcore Oreki/Chitanda shipper, so I have a definite agenda when it comes interpreting the characters' actions and motivations.

Still, it seems in line with what's presented so I'm going to stick with it.

cajunator

Banned
There's also a mofu man in Inu x Boku.

that show was so adorable. It sold well too. Why isnt there more of it?

I hope Centaur's Worries gets an anime soon.

Would make for a good 1 or 2 season deal like Nozaki as a low-calorie slice of life comedy.

I would watch this a lot.

Hmm, I might be at more of a burnout risk than I thought, all things considered... maybe I should actually just set aside everything anime-related for the season and do some other stuff with my time, then come back later and backlog marathon the series I was interested in.

Do whatever works for you. Not necessary to force yourself to wat h anime if you dont feel up to it. Losing enthusiasm for anime is probably worse than taking a hiatus.

Defuser

Nisekoi S2 is gonna be more onodera domination. Dat based Kana Hanazawa and
imouto onodera.

Komi Naoshi knows who are the best girls and it's definitely not shitoge.

Thoraxes

Nisekoi S2 is gonna be more onodera domination. Dat based Kana Hanazawa and
imouto onodera.

Komi Naoshi knows who are the best girls and it's definitely not shitoge.

I'm just looking forward to the real best girl (that isn't onodera
imouto
), Chitoge
's Mom.

It'll probably be two episodes too for that one.

fertygo

Black Butler : Book of Circus - 10

Damn that was pretty good, probably my favorite ending episode from summer show. I still dislike the climax of this arc, just felt goddamn edgy.. but this aftermath providing some good result out of it, yes this made Ciel in very negative light but but its also opening new layer about him, its very interesting to hear his view about the world and about how he aware what kind of person he is.. made him pretty interesting.

This eps also pretty good directed, that last scene man...

cajunator

Banned
CG dancing monster girls.

YES PLEASE

Since there is nothing is on this week I decided to watch a backlog show and that show is Sister Princess. It's pretty bad and I think the only reason I bought it because it was on sale during the holidays for like $10. There are so many ways to say brother in Japanese.

why? Of all shows in the world you foist that horror upon yourself. Willingly.

Yessssssssssss
more Onodera and Tsugumi

Its all about Marika. Like she's the only reason aside from reaction faces to actually read the manga. Her being a glorious troll is what makes her the best girl.

Shitoge is just shit and Onodera is plain :) It's also hilariously sad when the sister Haru is better than Onodera. Even though she has less scenes than her.

Reknoc

I'm surprised there's so much nisekoi to adapt when it never made it past the one shot

where chitoge was the only girl.

edit: i'm also willing to acknowledge the haikyuu crossover chapter

cajunator

Banned
BASED SHAFT

GIVE ME CHRISTMAS CAKES TOO HELL YEAH

Best news all day.

Best girl will be introduced too.

It's a win-win situation. Fuck yeah.

I admire your enthusiasm BEAR

This little advert came in some anime that arrived today that I know some people love (lol). Some great QUALITY faces.

ASADASDASDASDSAN

I like it!

Hell yeah!

She will.

Lol I remember that. MadP loved it.
Ieyasu was my favie.

Gundam Build Fighters 10

Tournament start! Making Aila interact with Reiji was a smart move, they play off well against each other. Also a reveal of the team's ace move. Kirara was in this episode, and didn't suck. Helped that her design was much better than whatever the hell her idol thing is supposed to be

cajunator

Banned
Who wants to eat some takoyaki?!

2014-10-0101.44.34yqk2a.jpg

The pages in the artbook are printed on some really high quality paper. Feels great, looks great. There's BWH for all the girls too. Chamber's bust is hidden obviously though, because he's the purest maiden. I would've included Amy's profile but it had pantsu in it.

FYI for anyone out there yet to watch the show, the pic on the back of the box (second picture thumbnail) has a spoiler on it.

Sweet! I ordered but they havent shipped it yet.

mankoto

Gundam SEED 4
You know Kira, you don't have to do this if you rewrite the OS to what it once was. So it can in fact be helped in this case.

/XX/

I was wondering myself if Tadashi Hiramatsu could sneak out of Khara Inc., more often and offer more of his (always promising but never consolidated on a bigger work) directing skills. His involvement in Parasyte already surprised me with the Rebuild of Evangelion project now in preparations for its final push, so a little more of his contribution to that series seems like an even closer chance within the realm of possibilities.

Which is why I added the "or he likes that anime look" at the end. :p

It's mostly a joke. While superflat might have started out as a social critique on Japan's mainstream art(like most pop art really) I think murakami have long embraced it.
Ah, gotcha! And yeah, I have the impression that many followers sure thought of it all like it is a ironical play. As our good pal busterbeam Gutsy Frog long ago lamented (http://www.twitlonger.com/show/b71ial, http://www.twitlonger.com/show/b71r0b & http://www.twitlonger.com/show/hqk1he), the spread of misinformation has skewed the general perception of a whole movement.

Gundam Build Fighters 12

Wait, you have a giant size Gunpla and it's just a Zaku? Why not the Psyco Gundam or at least the Big Zam? Also, the chairman is a riot

mankoto

Gundam SEED 5
Athrun attempts to bring Kira back with him and fails. As much as he doesn't want to fight him, he's coming to terms that he may have to. And after all that, we may have seem to have landed in an enemy base thanks to a betrayal. Oh my.

Thought this was amusing
So... Hitler was Genki then?

Bahahahaha!
Continue. All is about to become clear.

I cant wait to get home and finish the rest of the series.

I had to laugh at
"So if you ever feel like dying for the sake of the universe, please call me anytime". That little bastard said it with a straight face.

Youll see where this goes soon enough. Sorry if you got spoiled but series music videos is often spoiler heavy content and should be avoided until finishing.

Thankfully I didnt see any scenes, just some song title names that implied how the ending was gonna go down. I'm just gonna lock down on Googling or Youtubing anything Madoka until I finish the series and movie.

mankoto

Gundam SEED 6
It wasn't enemy base, but it might as well have been one. People want their hands on that Gundam. Flay is really naive though for spilling the beans like that.

Gundam Build Fighters 13

Wasn't feeling this one. The wrist injury,the weapon gimmick, and the chairman seemed like way too many unnecessary handicaps. I also felt the baseball angle, while funny, felt shoehorned in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom