• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect Blue

Well that was...interesting. I really don't know what to say but... damn. Possibly the best mind screw film I've seen.

I might need to make an LTTP thread later becuase I think I might have a lot to say about this film once I've fully wrapped my head around it.

Stop making me want to pick the show back up, Haly.
bR2UO8O.gif

Kill La Kill 25 [OVA]

Well, damn. That shit had just as much hype as the original series. I really digged it. Of course, there was that one asspull. Despite that though, it was a good way to really end KLK.

klkanimation.gif

Gundam SEED 14
Kinda weird that the first coordinator had to upload how he became one on the net. If it was really like that I wouldn't doubt that he wasn't the absolute first, but the first recorded one.

I'd be able to enjoy this series despite its flaws, but Flay's inferiority complex regarding Coordinators and her hidden agenda is unforgivable.

fuck-this-thing-cat.gif

Oh hey, that girl from episode 1 is back...
If she's with them, then doesn't that make the professor or whomever an insider and is the one who took the photos?

Gundam NOPE 16
For the sake of my sanity can someone tell me, if
Flay is written out of the show somehow? This is torturing my soul.

Kira's God Mods have activated again.

Don't worry about your sanity ! it's already too late.

Flay was made that way on purpose. even other characters have question her " are part of blue cosmos ?" because that was so obvious !
And that was only her bitch-mode LV1
Now that you see her as bitch-mode MAX POWER , you see what she can do.
I really hated her despite the fact that she is "flay"
do not abort ! you might suffer a little but it's so worth it

CorvoSol

SEED Destiny gives us all STELLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

And if you're Shinn's love interest you MUST suck.

SEED Destiny gives us all STELLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

And if you're Shinn's love interest you MUST suck.

let's not talk about destiny , he is after just at the start of seed.

let me just quote/spoiler that excellent sentence
dying ..... isn't good.

such beautifull writting

Gundam NOPE 16
For the sake of my sanity can someone tell me, if
Flay is written out of the show somehow? This is torturing my soul.

Kira's God Mods have activated again.

Your impressions of SEED are really making me want to go back and finish it so you don't get ahead of me, lol.

But alas, I must continue watching Steins;Gate.

Perhaps when I finish, maybe I'll attempt to get through the AU Gundams. Maybe, I mean, if only to keep in spirit of the Gundam season:

I watched all of 00 and G.

I'm about halfway through SEED, I've yet to get back to Wing, I'm 10 episodes away from finishing X, etc.

So yeah, if I could get through those and Destiny, I think I'd pretty much have watched all the big 50-episode AU Gundams. (X may be 39 episodes but I still count it seeing as it's AU and was supposed to be 50 episodes in the first place IIRC)

With the exception of one, but that one's dangerous territory from what I hear.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 10

Suffering x 100

Fuck man. I caught feels. It all makes sense now, especially episode 1. This is too sad :(

Being a character written by Urobuchi is suffering.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 11-12 END

Damn. What a ride. Based on GAF impressions I knew it wasnt going to be a light series but it totally exceeded my expectations. Lovely music, great storyline and build up though I'm fairly confused about how it ended.

So uh...what happened in the last 18 minutes of the final episode?

Are the girls alive again? Why is Sayako the only dead one? Is Kyubey good now and working with Homura? I'm really confused.

CorvoSol

Grendizer 14

g65lNM8.jpg

Yeah! Bunta does look a lot like Boss, doesn't he? Not like you, Goro Michiban.

You are a

DLrb3N8.jpg

very original character

JZrU3sV.jpg

mankoto

Gundam SEED 18
Rest in peace Sai's young heart.
Kira's God mode has been becoming more and more active lately which is weird since he had just shown improvement. Speaking of Kira in general, his character has definitely changed compared to a couple episodes ago.

Don't worry about your sanity ! it's already too late.

Flay was made that way on purpose. even other characters have question her " are part of blue cosmos ?" because that was so obvious !
And that was only her bitch-mode LV1
Now that you see her as bitch-mode MAX POWER , you see what she can do.
I really hated her despite the fact that she is "flay"
do not abort ! you might suffer a little but it's so worth it
The fact that everyone did question her regarding that felt good and just deserved. The thing is, I thought I'd hate her because of her attitude when she showed how she felt about Coordinators. But then it turned into the fact she
manipulated Kira by messing with his emotions, and went even further by giving herself to him
really got to me. She's purposely a shit character, and the fact that it keeps building up is insane.

Your impressions of SEED are really making me want to go back and finish it so you don't get ahead of me, lol.
I want to finish this by Saturday. This is just something I don't want to sit on.

Damn. What a ride. Based on GAF impressions I knew it wasnt going to be a light series but it totally exceeded my expectations. Lovely music, great storyline and build up though I'm fairly confused about how it ended.

Are the girls alive again? Why is Sayako the only dead one? Is Kyubey good now and working with Homura? I'm really confused.
Watch Rebellion.

Steins;Gate - 9

This show has excellent pacing.

At first, the time leaping changes had been relatively small (with the exception of what happened in episode 1). I love how major they've been getting and how slowly and subtlety it all happens so you don't notice right away. Like, we've gone from
changing a man's gender (still don't know if that actually happened, but still assuming that it did) to literally stopping big anime culture from entering a city all together, all being revealed right at the end of this episode.

And the preview for episode 10 is very concerning. Looks like
SERN's gonna be making its move soon.

The rules of the universe were rewritten . Instead of falling into despair and becoming witches , the magical girls are now rescued by god madoka. this applies to every event past /present/future. the timeline was reset ( again ) and thus only homura retained her memories (because she was there when it happenned + the fact that it's kinda her power ( to travel trought time while retaining her memories ). In the new timeline sayako went into despair ( for the same reasons as last time ) but isn't rescued by god madoka, thus the rest of the cast witness a witch for the first time. As for why , just watch the third movie.

As for kyuubei , it was established that destroying kyuubei is not an option so he is still there , giving "power" to girls and granting wishes , BUT for less power than before ( since the witch transformation doesn't happen )
Homura doesn't work with him, the fact that they have different goals hasn't changed

Idol Wrestling Special 2

Pleasurable Lotion Sumo

Listen.

If you want to sell me on a move like that, then at least be futa.

Or bring in some special toys.

Or have another woman on her knees with her tongue ready.

Having none of those things does nothing for me.

Even with a world class ass in my face.

Gundam SEED 18
Rest in peace Sai's young heart.
Kira's God mode has been becoming more and more active lately which is weird since he had just shown improvement. Speaking of Kira in general, his character has definitely changed compared to a couple episodes ago.
Now you're at this point , you can experience first hand the peak of flay manipulations.
So good.

The fact that everyone did question her regarding that felt good and just deserved. The thing is, I thought I'd hate her because of her attitude when she showed how she felt about Coordinators. But then it turned into the fact she
manipulated Kira by messing with his emotions, and went even further by giving herself to him
really got to me. She's purposely a shit character, and the fact that it keeps building up is insane.
I don't like flay but you have to admit that
getting into the pants and manipulating the most powerfull and influent character of the cast ( so far )
was THE SMART move.
Flay is shit but so far she played her card right , especially AFTER the trauma she experienced by losing her dad.

Gundam SEED 18

And it will keep building
until a certain someone finally tells her off.

Watch Rebellion.

So you can give the poor sod further questions to sit on?

Watch Rebellion.

Yes sir.

The rules of the universe were rewritten . Instead of falling into despair and becoming witches , the magical girls are now rescued by god madoka. this applies to every event past /present/future. the timeline was reset ( again ) and thus only homura retained her memories (because she was there when it happenned + the fact that it's kinda her power ( to travel trought time while retaining her memories ). In the new timeline sayako went into despair ( for the same reasons as last time ) but isn't rescued by god madoka, thus the rest of the cast witness a witch for the first time. As for why , just watch the third movie.

As for kyuubei , it was established that destroying kyuubei is not an option so he is still there , giving "power" to girls and granting wishes , BUT for less power than before ( since the witch transformation doesn't happen )
Homura doesn't work with him, the fact that they have different goals hasn't changed

Seemed like she was feeding Kyubey the cubes, which I'm guessing are the loot those wraith things drop when killed? They seemed to be at least on friendly terms but I guess they arent.

What does it mean to be rescued, beside not becoming a witch? Just going to Madoka heaven?

Space Dandy 18

These slow, atmospheric, unique episodes tend to be the best episodes of the series (or perhaps just the ones which fit my personality the best). Stunning work by Kiyotaka Oshiyama, incredible that this was a solo episode. I especially love the way water was drawn, with its primitive and bold swirls and lines:

It's a kind of depiction of water that you don't see too often. The whole episode really carried a lot of personality and I hope to see more work by this guy.

mankoto

I don't like flay but you have to admit that
getting into the pants and manipulating the most powerfull and influent character of the cast ( so far )
was THE SMART move.
Flay is shit but so far she played her card right , especially AFTER the trauma she experienced by losing her dad.
Yeah. It's the fact that she knows exactly what to do and how to do it makes it so bad. These aren't just random acts.
Like when she decided to join the military. She knew it he would stay via cause and effect.

And it will keep building
until a certain someone finally tells her off.
Please be Sai

So you can give the poor sod further questions to sit on?
There are some things that can't be helped.

My friend did watch Rebellion right after finishing the series. Said it was very good until like the last third of the movie.
I'd say the last 10-20 minutes really. The ending would've been great if it was right there. There really wasn't a point to the last bit.
Other than to have an excuse to make another movie.

Rail Wars 02

Uh-huh.

It's all nice and easy, helping little old ladies and crying kids until there's a bomber on the loose. Good thing Sakurai learned how to disarm booby trapped bombs from her father.

Didn't the MC do SO much to deserve that promotion in this episode? I mean, he did all of ... uh, absolutely nothing other than almost kill them all, but he's male (and thus superior to the poor female who actually saved the day) and the protagonist, so we'll ignore all that! Isn't it so funny how she hates men for being sexist, except for the MC who she likes even though he's useless while she isn't? And on that note, I could probably make a pretty good case that her violent attitude is only considered to be a 'problem' by the characters in the show because of her gender. I don't know if there's another good explanation for it.

It's such a grossly sexist show, unpleasant stuff. But of course, the show is absolutely loaded with visual fanservice too (having main girl say something about men there one second, long pandering shot of her the next), so it's not like it's surprising. Just unfortunate. Rail Wars is a badly written, badly drawn, and stupid show. So why haven't I dropped it yet (I'm up to ep 5 I think)? It's completely stupid and awful, but it's kind of amusingly terrible I guess?

Yes sir.

Seemed like she was feeding Kyubey the cubes, which I'm guessing are the loot those wraith things drop when killed? They seemed to be at least on friendly terms but I guess they arent.

What does it mean to be rescued, beside not becoming a witch? Just going to Madoka heaven?

For the first part , just watch the third movie.

for the second part yes
it's the heaven that is the alternative to prevent the witch transformation from happenning meaning the end of the life for a magical girl. Instead of the witch transformation god madoka appears and just take the person away It's unknow if it's heaven , resurection or something else.

Shergal

Space Dandy 18

These slow, atmospheric, unique episodes tend to be the best episodes of the series (or perhaps just the ones which fit my personality the best). Stunning work by Kiyotaka Oshiyama, incredible that this was a solo episode. I especially love the way water was drawn, with its primitive and bold swirls and lines:

It's a kind of depiction of water that you don't see too often. The whole episode really carried a lot of personality and I hope to see more work by this guy.
He did do a nice scene in this style on the finale. You're probably not going to like the finale that much though :p

For the first part , just watch the third movie.

for the second part yes
it's the heaven that is the alternative to prevent the witch transformation from happenning meaning the end of the life for a magical girl. Instead of the witch transformation god madoka appears and just take the person away It's unknow if it's heaven , resurection or something else.

Gotcha, thanks. Guess I gotta watch Rebellion asap.

yami4ct

Space Dandy (Final)

Honestly don't have much to say. This is the thing the show's been building to for a long long time. Knew that it would end this way the moment
The Dandy statue appeared at the end of the one episode
. Just because it was predictable doesn't mean it wasn't excellent. Amazing animation, great background references, surprisingly emotional, funny. This episode took everything Dandy does well and morphed it into one. Absolutely loved it. Did I mention it was gorgeous to look at?

Fireblend

Banned
Psycho-Pass 9-13

So I still think this doesn't get nowhere near GitS, but I'm starting to see it's appeal. The scene in which
MC girl witnesses her friend get her throat slashed by the big evil dude as she watches helplessly, dominator in hand
is pretty hype, and I can see how it was popular back when it aired. I miss the first OP already though, and characters in this show are so damn forgettable! The show has potential though, what with the dilemmas it's been hinting at throughout the season, so I really hope it delivers in that front and shakes things up real soon, and stops pretending it's some sort of intellectual procedural crime drama.

mankoto

Gundam SEED 19
Andrew was... incredibly formal. He doesn't seem like an antagonist, but more like a stop gap for the time being. Seeing Sai trying to pilot the Gundam was really depressing... And really weird since its supposed to have a lock on it.

Meanwhile in Frayland she shows the viewer she still has some sort of attachment to Sai still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom