• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

A 2-cour show that takes place inside the anime industry. Last one of those I saw was Love Getchu. The first half of that was alright, but the second half was weighed down by a love triangle. I'm not sure that'll happen here. I also like the idea of (half of) this airing on the same day as Denki-gai. We have a show about the producers of the anime industry, and one about the consumers of it.

sonicmj1

Psycho-Pass 9-13

So I still think this doesn't get nowhere near GitS, but I'm starting to see it's appeal. The scene in which
MC girl witnesses her friend get her throat slashed by the big evil dude as she watches helplessly, dominator in hand
is pretty hype, and I can see how it was popular back when it aired. I miss the first OP already though, and characters in this show are so damn forgettable! The show has potential though, what with the dilemmas it's been hinting at throughout the season, so I really hope it delivers in that front and shakes things up real soon, and stops pretending it's some sort of intellectual procedural crime drama.

While it will shake things up soon, it will never stop pretending it's some sort of intellectual procedural with profound things to say about the human condition.

The Tatami Galaxy 05

i2AxLNu.png

5A1Pq8a.png

JoeFu

Banned
Starting to watch HidaSketch again since I found a way to watch my BD's on my laptop! Enjoying the show and the wide faces are the best. I hear the second season is better so I'll need to buy the BD whenever I can.

ibqH8x4DdAlizD.gif

Starting to watch HidaSketch again since I found a way to watch my BD's on my laptop! Enjoying the show and the wide faces are the best. I hear the second season is better so I'll need to buy the BD whenever I can.

ibqH8x4DdAlizD.gif

I need to watch this show whenever I get time, it reminds me a lot of the silly antics of Azumanga and a little Kinmoza.

mankoto

Gundam SEED 20
That's right Kira, resist her. You don't need her. Meanwhile Athrun is doing it wrong. Lacus went in for one, and he did the cheek instead...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
A.Z 6-12

Uhh... waht the fuck? Bro. This isn't some shit where the show ends and restarts next week. You're telling me I have to wait fucking 3 months for this to resume? THE FUCK?! Not only that but literally nothing got resolved I felt like. Nothing. People are still going to starve. People are still going to fight. Fuck this shit. Also, the ending was complete bullshit. Shit character stays shit and the awesome character just disappears. Not enough tables to flip in this world for this kind of garbage.

will watch next season.

Watamote 3-7

So I was having fun with show. Now it's dragging and kind of one note. Keeps beating me over the head with "she's lonely! See! Look! Are you looking?!"

I still love the OP and still has it's moments but lately I have been finding myself very uncomfortable while watching it.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 17-22

I don't think I am supposed to take anything seriously in this show. Not the characters. Not the character designs. And certainly not the laughable plot.

If this is the case, I can see the merits in this show. Honestly just watching the fights in the show are fun. Domon is insufferable but I've just accepted that he really just will never grow on me. I am learning to complain about him less and less.

I was bored so I watched the first three episodes of YuruYuri again.

I was amused with YuruYuri. That's not to say it didn't take a few episodes to get into. Late first season and second season is where the show truly starts to shine. It starts to drag at the end but has a great final few episodes.

Akarin!!!

Man, Haly's Hyouka rewatch and coverage thereof really causes some huge craving to dive into it again as well. But it's only been 2 months or so @_@

JoeFu

Banned
Locodol OVA

Well I enjoyed this show. Nothing groundbreaking. Decent cast of characters and I dunno, was a nice relaxing show to watch where there's no drama or action or whatever. Probably not for everybody! Not really an idol show and more of a slice of life.

Was kinda cute when they were naming things they loved about the group and kept talking about nanyako

So Mike, whatcha watching ne...

LOL

Watching it for the trains!

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 10

Suffering x 100

Fuck man. I caught feels. It all makes sense now, especially episode 1. This is too sad :(

Best episode!

Steins;Gate - 9

This show has excellent pacing.

At first, the time leaping changes had been relatively small (with the exception of what happened in episode 1). I love how major they've been getting and how slowly and subtlety it all happens so you don't notice right away. Like, we've gone from
changing a man's gender (still don't know if that actually happened, but still assuming that it did) to literally stopping big anime culture from entering a city all together, all being revealed right at the end of this episode.

And the preview for episode 10 is very concerning. Looks like
SERN's gonna be making its move soon.

One of the things you got questions about is answered in the next episode too.

Didn't the MC do SO much to deserve that promotion in this episode? I mean, he did all of ... uh, absolutely nothing other than almost kill them all, but he's male (and thus superior to the poor female who actually saved the day) and the protagonist, so we'll ignore all that! Isn't it so funny how she hates men for being sexist, except for the MC who she likes even though he's useless while she isn't? And on that note, I could probably make a pretty good case that her violent attitude is only considered to be a 'problem' by the characters in the show because of her gender. I don't know if there's another good explanation for it.

It's such a grossly sexist show, unpleasant stuff. But of course, the show is absolutely loaded with visual fanservice too (having main girl say something about men there one second, long pandering shot of her the next), so it's not like it's surprising. Just unfortunate. Rail Wars is a badly written, badly drawn, and stupid show. So why haven't I dropped it yet (I'm up to ep 5 I think)? It's completely stupid and awful, but it's kind of amusingly terrible I guess?

Surely the boss woman has fallen for him and that's why she gave him the promotion. All the other females he's encountered has done so. ;P

I need to watch this show whenever I get time, it reminds me a lot of the silly antics of Azumanga and a little Kinmoza.

Everybody should watch Hidamari!

Thoraxes

ibqH8x4DdAlizD.gif

S3 BD comes out early November, get wiiiiiide.

yami4ct

So, after reading Volume 6 of Gundam the Origin, I'm officially able to get excited about the OVA series starting at the prequel arc. The beginning story about Char's past wasn't too interesting, but the stuff the later volumes gets into is some amazing political drama. It frames the run-up to the OYW in a way that the UC really needed. The Origin has quickly become my favorite Gundam story ever. If it can keep the adaptation quality up to the end, its really something special. Still hoping Sunrise eventually animates the whole thing.

Link Man

Banned
Mushi-Shi 17

Oh cool, they have email in this time period.

Not sure what to feel about the ending to this one.

I just want to take this moment to say that the music in this show lends a mystical and dreamlike atmosphere to the events. Really makes this show special and drives home just how otherworldly the mushi really are.

Man, Haly's Hyouka rewatch and coverage thereof really causes some huge craving to dive into it again as well. But it's only been 2 months or so @_@

It's been a some time since I watch Hyouka (March I think?), and I feel the same way. Hyouka was so freakin good. Not as good as Clannad After Story though. (Sorry. I haven't said that in a while. Ah the good ol' days. :p)

But seriously Hyouka is one of my favorites.

On another note this was posted recently and I can't stop laughing.

So here is a question what makes GoGaiGar so good?

It's the general exponential growth of craziness. It's starts off as a fairly pedestrian Saturday morning show aimed at children and then devolves more and more into insane premises that you thought about when growing up. Seeing things that are impossible occur in stupendously elaborate ways is too entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom