• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
So ready for more Chaika, great that it's so close.
So did Vivi's hair turn white because she got stressed out, or because she's a Chaika?

Veitsev

I think what hurts it is that the premise has already been done 5 million times before in anime. It's better executed than most, but it still does absolutely nothing new or original.

My opinion on it might be hurt unfairly by watching it in tandem with Mushishi, which similarly deals with supernatural creatures but does it in actually interesting ways and has far more thematic depth.

It gets more interesting as it goes on and introduces some more original concepts. Also the 1st OVA is one of the most hilarious things I have seen out of anime. The 2nd OVA takes place after an arc the anime hasn't covered yet (wish I had know this) so I wouldn't watch it unless you read the manga.

Pooya

Argevollen 13

everybody had creepy QUALITY face D:

1412266814-1.jpg

Zach was mentioning her to me I think as a way to get me to watch Strike Witches. I quickly looked her up and wasn't there two girls from Finland? I thought she had a sister or friend or something.
There are several witches from "Finland", though Eila is the only one heavily featured in the anime. She does have a sister though!

Rail Wars 06

So Takayama and Haruka met in the past.

For some reason everybody in the team has gotten suspended and in a series of unfortunate events Takayama almost gets shot by Sakurai, Haruka has to strip because of cats and they encounter luchador criminals.

JoeFu

Banned
Since getting BD's working on my laptop and starting from episode 4 of Hidamari Sketch I have taken like 50 wideface screen shots. I just finished episode 7...

Widefaces are the best things ever omg

mankoto

Gundam SEED 22
Kira and Cagalli are having a meaningful conversations and getting to understand eachother and here comes Fray literally looking for Kira to distract him so he won't be thinking about things. That said, she dug deep and made sure Cagalli left and even made a face sugessting she stays away

Speaking of Cagalli, they actually put away the second unit when it was time for battle. Loved that.

Athrun is coming to Earth!? The time to meet again draws near.

phaze

if there's one thing i'll agree on is that Kyousougiga got shafted in last year's AOTY awards.
tQvZyQi.png
Koto deserved first place. :(

Noragami 2
Show continues to be okay without feeling particularly memorable or original.

That about sums my feelings about the show but the final episode is great.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica 10

Suffering x 100

Fuck man. I caught feels. It all makes sense now, especially episode 1. This is too sad :(

Its'a very powerful episode and the OP at the end only makes it better.

Chevalier D'Eon 15-16

This was a strong return to form. Queen Mary's revaletaions, Durand's dilemma of choosing between the loyalty to his king or that to his friends and
Robespierre's
continuous death march upped the stakes nicely. I only wonder whether he's a lone wolf or betrayed Dashwood at Saint-Germain's behest.I thought that would be the last we would see of the Durand but it seems to me, they're heavily foreshadowing his future fall during the revolution.
With the main antagonist being scheduled to die only during that period
I imagine I'm in for a timeskip during last episodes. Think I saw a glimpse of it in the OP + the intro to the first episode makes it almost a certainty.

Narag

Cool.

Any idea when they are going to reschedule? Im assuming it might be easiest to push it back a week?.

Hopefully they don't and just push the episodes in order leaving the series resolving final episode as an OAV special on the last BD.

Rail Wars 07

Looks like we're in harem territory now.

Special training time and Takayama finally gets to drive a train!
simulator...
And Takayama wants to be a railroad engineer because one saved him, and Haruka likes Takayama because he saved her, eh?

jbug617

Banned
Rightstuf shipped it, tracking number says ups delivered it but its nowhere to be found.

I freak out about this sometime. UPS usually leaves my packages on the porch however I guess I got a new driver and he/she hid my package behind a trash can in the back. Took 10 minutes to find.

Denki Gai 1
So far, A decent comedy. Didn't leave as strong as impact as last season's but it was good in its own right. A few good jokes like the one with the government worker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom