• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi AnimeGAF. After making my debut in MangaGAF already I think it´s about time I posted here as well.

To get an idea of my tastes here are some of my favorites in no particular order:

Gintama
FLCL
Monogatari Series
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Sayonara Zetsoúbou Sensei

I hope we´ll get along!

Welcome to AnimeGAF! Always good to see more Madoka Magica fans in here. =D

cajunator

Banned
Does 3 eps per day count as marathoning ? :p I don't think I can manage much more. The bolded is much appreciated.

They seem to know much more than I at this point. Like with the appearance of that priest in this episode. And surely even a 14 year old would know or would want to know some basic facts about his homeland.

I like you already. Welcome !

they are deliberately kept in the dark for good reason, but controversial one.

Psycho-Pass 2 - Episode 9

2582633-punisher_2099_psych_test.jpg

Careful cajun, engaging into arguments over Shinsekai Yori like that can create unnecessary hype or hint too much at certain things. Just like with e.g. Madoka Magica I'd refrain from arguing every point until the guy/gal has finished watching.

robin2

Shin Sekai Yori 8

A 2 year timeskip happens and the cast have their minds on one thing only. Sex. Well at least Shun seems to still have a pheromone resilient brain. I'm liking the updated character designs much more then their predecessors.

I think my one gripe with the show as of now, is that it seems to be, artificially, witholding some crucial info from the viewer. 8 episodes in and they have pretty much shown nothing of this human society/district outside of the school. Who is this 66th district ruled by ? How big is the population of it ?Does it form a part of some bigger entity/country ? Where do Saki's parents work ? So far this area seems to consist of school, Saki's home and agricultural fields. What about the barrier ? Or the already mentioned ethics committee ? The main cast seems to know the answer to these questions so pls tell me too. I get not wanting to overwhelm the watchers with tons of expositions but this seems to me to be a case of keeping things vague just for the sake of it.
Saki is narrating the story. She's reliving her memories (you can hear the full adult -and all knowing- Saki's voice, ominously commenting the happening of the episode, and lamenting how little her young self knew). But she narrates from her point of view at the time of the episode: so if the in-episode Saki didn't know something, then you aren't told either. You'll find out together with her, as the events unfold.

Nice start, but do you guys over in the UK not have Akira on BD? Or is that actually the BD, just in a DVD shaped case? That's happened with a couple North American releases, actually.
It exists, but it wasn't in stock when I ordered. I needed to reach a threshold to use some yummy discount code, so I took what was available. I import from UK and unfortunately Gargantia went missing along the way.

Clov

It exists, but it wasn't in stock when I ordered. I needed to reach a threshold to use some yummy discount code, so I took what was available. I import from UK and unfortunately Gargantia went missing along the way.

Ah, I see. If you ever feel like upgrading Akira in the future, believe me, it's worth it. The film looks absolutely amazing in HD.

Don't think anyone posted this yet, but new Dragonball movie trailer

Well, this should be interesting. The fact that they'll somehow make Frieza a threat again.

That's gotta be the result of some really fucked up wish.

I still think bringing Frieza back is a terrible idea though.

Also, lol at the giant 3DCG grunt army.

Hey, at least it gives Team Four Star a good opportunity to cast LittleKuriboh as Frieza again!

Quasar

So the first day of my management of a small AOTY vote has passed. Not really surprising me is the groundswell for Nozaki-kun. For a good while its was over double the #2 place getter.

Despite that though I've been happy to see so many different shows getting votes (over 65 shows and movies so far). And again like last year movies are basically ignored which I put down to anime movies not on streaming services.

I imagine that latter point is true here as well. Certainly its the reason I see so few anime films. Wish something could be done about this.

Was reading the manga Again!! today(70 chapters that is) and sadly I got to where the translations end without being satisfied, so im looking for any anime thats similar.
Basically a time travel to the character's past self(from like Highschool graduation back to first year,etc) who decides to change things they had regrets about, or help others who don't end up so well.

I know I had seen a few on MAL before while browsing but can't seem to find them.

Midonin

I don't know what my anime of the year is, but I know my least favorite anime of the year, and for many more years to come, hopefully, is Mahouka.

Future Card Buddyfight Episode 48 (engDub)

Tetsuya is one of the reasons I love engdubs so much. He went all out this episode with the cheesy lyrics to his songs and his great dancing. More please. Demon Lord Asmodai pushing him on too for it as well as his other cards added greatly to the whole experience. I loved it.

72 Pillars deck is always amazing.

Clov

Princess Kaguya is out on Blu in Japan? Nice.

*Waits for When Marnie Was There*
*Prepares for a long wait*

Speaking of which, Amazon now says that the release date for the North American BD of Kaguya is February 10th.

Hi AnimeGAF. After making my debut in MangaGAF already I think it´s about time I posted here as well.

To get an idea of my tastes here are some of my favorites in no particular order:

Gintama
FLCL
Monogatari Series

I hope we´ll get along!

Anyone who loves Gintama is welcomed here, you have great taste.

I've been busy with school and Dragon age, so I have been away from anime the past couple of weeks. What have I missed? How is Fate/Stay night? last episode I saw was the fight between archer and caster, should I continue watching it or should I just drop it? How is Parasyte looking?

Time to build a library, first batch ahoy

I am ashamed to say I only own one of those (Akira) and have yet to watch Death Note :(

Gintama
FLCL
Monogatari Series

I hope we´ll get along!

PLT5AiU.png

My man. You have a friend in me

That rightstuf sale is looking good. Currently looking at From the New World, Welcome to the NHK and Grave of the Fireflies. I still haven't seen FtNW. Looks like I'll have to check it out sometime before that sale ends.

Shengar

Shirobako - 2

Now I feel sorry for Yamakan since it was himself that got immortalized lol

The more I watched this, the more I think that sameface syndrome in anime is a deliberate decision rather than talentless character designing. They could make different faces by taking references from real people, but then they opt on the sameface instead for moe appeal. If they have sameface, people would only have to choose based on traits and hair right?

That rightstuf sale is looking good. Currently looking at From the New World, Welcome to the NHK and Grave of the Fireflies. I still haven't seen FtNW. Looks like I'll have to check it out sometime before that sale ends.

Oh man, thank you for posting this. That grave of the fireflies is cheap, damn. I will now indirectly send this site over to my younger brother so he has an idea of what to get me for Christmas. So the deals last the entire 13 days right? I'll be able to pick up day 1 items on day 12?

Oh man, thank you for posting this. That grave of the fireflies is cheap, damn. I will now indirectly send this site over to my younger brother so he has an idea of what to get me for Christmas. So the deals last the entire 13 days right? I'll be able to pick up day 1 items on day 12?

It appears that way, the sale prices haven't changed since they originally went up.

Syrinx

Code Geass R2 21

Oh Lelouch, you so crazy. C.C. looked pretty displeased with him there at the end.

This was an episode pretty fitting of the final episode, what with
the reveal of what happened to Marianne, the Ragnarok Connection, and then Lelouch's final stand against his mother and father and rejecting them both to be swallowed by time
...but there's four more to go.

Midonin

Fairy Tail 211

I've read a doujin like this once. The Lucy/Virgo parts, I mean.

Read or Die The TV 03-05

Anita is a bit of a brat, but she's cute as well, so I have sympathy for her. Moving to a new place is never easy, and being surrounded by something you're not sure you like all the more so. The mysteries are growing, but for the most part, things are really placid. Like, really placid. It's not a daily life series, but the tone is bordering on that at times. Except for episode 5, that was a classic action movie heist, and the music-themed villain was just campy enough to be fun. I wonder what role Nenene has to play in things beyond knowing Yomiko.

Midonin

PriPara 23

More like Gloria in excessive dayum. That's as close as you can get to a dictator in this time slot - "We have always been at war with PriPara." (A war isn't necessary, you just need to get them on cloning charges.) This is the first time that Gloria's really felt like a threat to the students, and I say that in an episode that features her being hit with a shock so bad from seeing a performance that it's rendered as lightning, and spices bringing down a vacuum that Gloria's nursing like a human being. Dorothy and Leona as ninjas were cute - and kind of relevant.

I wonder how Gloria was planning to eradicate the city-state of idols if seeing a performance brings up such painful memories that it physically hurts her. Was she planning on hiring the equivalent of I-1 or A-RISE to go in and wreck the place?
I'm spoiling it out of courtesy, but seeing her old ticket impaled on a sword confirms that she used to be part of that world, before being cast out from it for some reason - a betrayal by a friend, no doubt.
Subjecting Dorothy to tend to the grass in the schoolyard by hand is borderline prison work, and goes with the dictator thing I said above.

I also liked Lala's mom's discussion on linguistic theory, and how in Italian "hate" is just "don't like", which means that in order to hate, to some degree you have to love. A lesson that AnimeGAF knows all too well. Don't let the bright colors fool you, this is a drama. It just takes a few weird turns to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom