• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fate/stay Night 9

MSgZL.gif

No but seriously watching an entire episode of "humor" nearly put me to sleep thank God for Hearthstone

Log Horizon 2 10

Took the joke I was gonna use
I dunno. I see what they were going for this episode but it didn't work for me. Thought the big speech could've been halved and had the same effect but it took up most of the episode.

Crocodile

Usagi Drop 10

The flu sucks m'kay. I wonder if the bit with Kouki's mom is the drama bomb the show will end on. Show is great overall though.

Baccano 1

I saw bit and pieces of this before but the show is already hard enough to follow as it is that I'll appreciate a good, "in order" run through

From the New World 8

Though it's a bit forced (what with the "sex monkey" angle from earlier in the show), I'm actually impressed at how all these homosexual relationships are framed and shot with sincerity as opposed to vehicles to titillate heterosexual males/females. That's rare in anime I feel. Overall the plot continues to thicken and there seems there is still fallout from the last arc to resolve.

Girls und Panzer 9

So basically his is another one of those times when the bad guys let the good guys win. The show has completely failed to make me care about any of these characters or their current plight. To say nothing of some of the derpy happenings :/ This is not a good anime (for a variety of reasons).

Its not, because its just small snippet in infobook or something, like I'm said the series never touching the historical accuracy in the plot, these thing doesn't actually matter.

And you can argue all the inaccuracies is one of gimmick that made the series popular.
Well you all have to understand that since you can summon heroes from alternate dimensions / timelines ( because ...well because ) , your hopes of accuracy are pointless. Complainning aboutthat when they have the perfect loophole to go around it doesn't make sense to me.

Log Horizon 2-10

What a shitty raid guild. Giving up because y'all died once? Get back to me after you die 10+ times on the same boss.
Again if you're even getting disheartened the first time you wipe, you shouldn't be doing hard raids.
Missing the point that dying is not the same thing as a "loss" in just gameplay terms but a different matter in elder tale after the apocalypse , missing the point that there is no point is what they feel ( from experience from raids ) that the challenge is hopeless.
Missing the point that challenging raid & events together is part of their daily lives and giving up on that is almost the same as disbanding ..

R_thanatos We are almost there my friend, but it seems like they are going to skip a lot.

High School DxD BorN Season 3 PV1

CLICK-CLICK ZOOM-ZOOM IYAAAN!!!

Let's see ...
See mountain training , ( ok perfect )
Wait , is that sairaog ? but that fight is not supposed to happen untill vol 9

Rossweisse is there is valkyrie mode ? does that mean the loki arc is IN ? Are we going to skip kyoto arc ? WTF ..how many episodes are planned ?? 12 is certainly NOT enough .
3rd season was supposed to be vol 5,6,7 ..what what we thought. does that mean we're skipping the rating games ? but we can't it's a big plot point .. I'm CONFUSED
heck 2nd season had some changes but that was small things , the conclusion was mostly the same.

Ok let's wait for more info , because this Pv only made me confused.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
ANN: The Last earns 1.47 Billion Yen in Half a Day:

Japanese film distributor TOHO reported that The Last -Naruto the Movie- has earned 1.47 billion yen (about US$12.1 million) — as of 3:00 p.m. on its first day. Its box office receipts are outpacing those of the July 2012 film Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie by 175%. According to the Nikkan Sports newspaper, The Last -Naruto the Movie- (the 10th feature film in the franchise) is poised to eventually top 2 billion yen (about US$16 million), a record for the franchise.

From the New World 8

Though it's a bit forced (what with the "sex monkey" angle from earlier in the show), I'm actually impressed at how all these homosexual relationships are framed and shot with sincerity as opposed to vehicles to titillate heterosexual males/females. That's rare in anime I feel. Overall the plot continues to thicken and there seems there is still fallout from the last arc to resolve.

Yeah that was something that immediately stuck out to me as well. It's such a refreshingly casual representation of homosexuality.

Full Metal Panic! - 18

I only heard like, 2 seconds of dub Chidori and Tessa singing and now I want to hear more.

And I can't as apparently many of the best soundtrack pieces of this show are almost nowhere to be found. What a tease. :(

rrvv

For those wondering about Mordred in the Fate universe, there was no futa magic involved iirc. A wizard straight up cloned Saber.

dont think too much about it. we still havent got the reason why this saber who completely unrelated to Aturia saber. yet look exactly same except for chest size

Clov

Between that, Mordred, and Joan of Arc, does that make four in-universe Sabers with the same face?

Fate/Extra is a separate canon from the main Fate universe, isn't it? So is Apocrypha, I believe. So that would just leave Saber and Joan, the latter of which doesn't really appear in the main universe but is nonetheless a part of it.

If you want all the Sabers with the same face but not the same universe, there's regular Saber/Saber Alter, Red Saber, Saber of Red, Saber Lily, Sakura Saber, and... Saber Lion. I guess Joan sort of counts, too. Of course, this isn't counting Fate/Prototype Saber, or the just plain silly Konata cosplaying as Saber (as seen in various Lucky Star video games and figures). Too many Sabers!

Shengar

Fate/Extra is a separate canon from the main Fate universe, isn't it? So is Apocrypha, I believe. So that would just leave Saber and Joan, the latter of which doesn't really appear in the main universe but is nonetheless a part of it.

If you want all the Sabers with the same face but not the same universe, there's regular Saber/Saber Alter, Red Saber, Saber of Red, Saber Lily, Sakura Saber, and... Saber Lion. I guess Joan sort of counts, too. Of course, this isn't counting Fate/Prototype Saber, or the just plain silly Konata cosplaying as Saber (as seen in various Lucky Star video games and figures). Too many Sabers!

I laughed way too hard at this.

ARE THERE ANY OTHER SABERS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT?!?

Jarmel

Banned
Missing the point that dying is not the same thing as a "loss" in just gameplay terms but a different matter in elder tale after the apocalypse , missing the point that there is no point is what they feel ( from experience from raids ) that the challenge is hopeless.
Missing the point that challenging raid & events together is part of their daily lives and giving up on that is almost the same as disbanding ..

I'll play along since I'm bored. So obviously the raid guild members are aware that they'll lose their memories if they wipe. Now there are two logical outcomes in a case like that; the first is that you stop doing a high risk event such as raiding, the other option is to knowingly continue raiding despite the risks.

This is of course assuming that the raids in the game aren't designed around noobs and idiots, there will be a decent chance you'll wipe. That's just how raids are. The guild members should have embarked on this raid with the knowledge that at the bare minimum, they were going to wipe at least a few times.

Now with the knowledge that they lose memories, they should be overly cautious. Strategies like sacrificing the tanks and possibly the DPS if they end up in shit creek, should be absolutely basic. At least in stuff like SAO, every single person there only has one life and no revives so sacrifice strategies in that game didn't make sense. Here however, if a couple of people make it out and the whole party is fine, they should have backup plans oriented around that.

Also if you give up or think a challenge is hopeless after one attempt, you shouldn't be doing raiding. Flat out. A large part of raiding is experimenting.

rrvv

I present you. UNLIMITED SABER WORKS!

Clov

I present you. UNLIMITED SABER WORKS!

At first I thought what we needed was an all-Saber fighting game, but I was wrong. This is what we actually need; an all-Saber idol group. Think of how much money Type-Moon would make from this!

The amount of Saber figure is astounding.
How about when they redo a Saber that subsequently has you needing to buy new versions of every other character?
hIE1401449641.jpeg

Hey now you can rebuy
Shirou 2.0
Tohsaka 2.0
Rider 2.0

Don't forget these!!!
Saber Lily 2.0
Saber Casual 2.0
Zero Saber 2.0
Saber Alter 2.0
Saber Extra 2.0

Clov

How about when they redo a Saber that subsequently has you needing to buy new versions of every other character?
hIE1401449641.jpeg

I was actually pretty happy when they redid the Saber Alter Nendoroid, since the original was an early Nendoroid and had become quite hard to find. The downside was that it didn't come with any silly faces, so now she's the only serious looking Fate Nendoroid I have.

fertygo

Ace of Diamond

I can't guess anymore, goddamn this match is amazin.
Also if you give up or think a challenge is hopeless after one attempt, you shouldn't be doing raiding. Flat out. A large part of raiding is experimenting.

They already saying that statement when arc begin, most boss that they beat need trial and error and some even take a week, its already like a month they starting the raid.

I think the super cringe worthy speech make thing stretched from the context, the disappointed sigh from member is just proper response like when you almost beat up the boss and unfair mechanic take you out from the game. Come on bro 3 raid boss at same time, how you not ragequit?

I was actually pretty happy when they redid the Saber Alter Nendoroid, since the original was an early Nendoroid and had become quite hard to find. The downside was that it didn't come with any silly faces, so now she's the only serious looking Fate Nendoroid I have.

I spent $100 alone for Figma Shirou so when I saw Saber 2.0 will be taller than him I basically said there was no way I was buying it no matter how huge an improvement.

Razgriz-Specter said:
I spent $100 alone for Figma Shirou so when I saw Saber 2.0 will be taller than him I basically said there was no way I was buying it no matter how huge an improvement.

Wait for Shirou 2.0 to come out then. It's only a matter of time...

Jarmel

Banned
They already saying that statement when arc begin, most boss that they beat need trial and error and some even take a week, its already like a month they starting the raid.

I think the super cringe worthy speech make thing stretched from the context, the disappointed sigh from member is just proper response like when you almost beat up the boss and unfair mechanic take you out from the game. Come on bro 3 raid boss at same time, how you not ragequit?

I could understand taking a break. It's just the dialogue in that section grinded my gears a bit.

Thoraxes

Shengar

At first I thought what we needed was an all-Saber fighting game, but I was wrong. This is what we actually need; an all-Saber idol group. Think of how much money Type-Moon would make from this!
Sshhh, don't give them any ideas.
hIE1401449641.jpeg

Hey now you can rebuy
Shirou 2.0
Tohsaka 2.0
Rider 2.0

Don't forget these!!!
Saber Lily 2.0
Saber Casual 2.0
Zero Saber 2.0
Saber Alter 2.0
Saber Extra 2.0

But that Saber is taller and have better details, it's definitely worth the upgrade!

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 19

I had no idea this one would be so Nightmare on Elm Street-centric. Definitely made for one of the better eps as the horror element was more realized rather than just given a cursory nod..

jgminto

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 19

I had no idea this one would be so Nightmare on Elm Street-centric. Definitely made for one of the better eps as the horror element was more realized rather than just given a cursory nod..

lali-ho!

fertygo

Mushishi S2 - 20

My god.. mother character in this episode is such a piece of shit, maybe among the worst that I know.

TBH despite the ultra derived scenario, this episode directed masterfully tho and I do invested, made me confused to regard this episode good or not.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Sword Art Online 2-22

Fuck yeah Kirito save the day again, and going to save the day again in the next episode. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom