• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I just followed up on a delivery issue with Rightstuf. That company has its shit together so well I can only give them the highest praise.

Jarmel

Banned
Garnidelia should have done the GBF Try OP instead. It's wasted on the drunk who put that OP together for Reconguista.

I wouldn't count on it. More likely someone like FUNi is negotiating to pick it up and they're just slow to announce anything. Wouldn't be the first time they announce something after it already airs in Japan.
You're most likely right. I was just thinking that since it is a big anniversary series Toonami could possibly try to get it.

Denki-Gai - 01

Eh, okay I guess. Don't really care for any of the cast but Panic girl and the government lady
You got 2 more episodes to impress me or else its
hsjrbx.gif

Mr.Jeff

G-Reco - 01
Why. I have a hard time picking out any one thing from this episode. Just why everything. I want the time wasted on this back.

Reknoc

G-Reco 1

I'm... not really sure what to think of this, I feel like I just watched King Crimson the anime. Like, it felt like tiny snippets of the episode don't exist and people react to stuff that didn't happen. Though maybe I'm just tired.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Denki-gai no Honya-san Episode 1:

Okay, I liked the ero book seen, but mostly this bored me and I can't stand how the art looks like it was all filmed in front of a soft focus gauze filter. The one known as Cajuniator will love this through.

Branduil

G-Reco 1

Well at least it looks good.

G-Reco 1

I'm... not really sure what to think of this, I feel like I just watched King Crimson the anime. Like, it felt like tiny snippets of the episode don't exist and people react to stuff that didn't happen. Though maybe I'm just tired.

Nah, that's an accurate description of a Tomino show.

Quasar

Denki-gai 1 - I was pretty meh on it. Not sure if I'll watch another. I feel I need the characters to be more interesting/distinctive. And the whole 'employee whose a creator' just made me think about things like Comic Party and Genshiken and this coming off the worse for it. I still like the idea of a Empire Records/High Fidelity for manga/anime though.

The whole bit with adult manga though was kind of interesting. Though odd in that they have a whole bit about the machine to shrink wrap and thats not how the adult book gets treated. Though I guess thats the joke about how ero manga is treated in terms of protecting minors.

In any case, all the best bits were with the inspector character.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam: Reconguista in G Episode 1:

Finally, the Tomino has come back to Gundam and given us the bastard child of Build Fighters and Eureka Seven. At least we has some pretty good 2-D mecha action. Of course the story was all over the map and confusing as fuck. Also, good to see Tomino's treatment of women is as disgusting as it ever was. I guess I will watch more episodes but my brain is already scared at this prospect.

jgminto

G-Reco 1

The fuck even was that? Things happened and nothing was explained. Maybe I'll just stick with Try if this is going to be a nonsensical mess.

Mokoi

Banned
G-Reco 1

I uhh... I don't even know where to begin with this one. I can say that's it sure does look pretty though. I also found that shot were Bellri just became captivated with Aiida as he passed her pretty funny.

Clov

Wait whoah. Thats supposed to come out in November!
Whats going on?!

RightStuf ships Sentai stuff around a month early.

I ordered from Amazon.ca though, so I'll be getting mine in November. Since I have SP ordered from RightStuf (along with Detroit Metal City), I'll be getting a lot of Hidamari that month!

Narag

What's wrong with my OP? I did it because no one else was stepping up to do it. There's honestly not much info around for these shows at launch and I scraped it together as best I could. I took at a lot of other OTs and took a format from there. If you have a problem with my formatting, just let me know. Coming in here and calling me names isn't really a great solution.

Actual show OP, not the thread OT.

cajunator

Banned
pzzq393.jpg

Can never have enough wide!

I really want it now ._.

RightStuf ships Sentai stuff around a month early.

I ordered from Amazon.ca though, so I'll be getting mine in November. Since I have SP ordered from RightStuf (along with Detroit Metal City), I'll be getting a lot of Hidamari that month!

I hardly ever preorder Sentai stuff because its easy to get later but I didnt know they shipped stuff that early!

Naruto Shippuden 380

Opening: It's Alright. Certainly better than the previous one.
Ending: Not my cup of tea. OP > ED this time for sure.

Tree of might is here.

Gonna need Goku to spirit bomb it away soon.

G-Reco 1

I felt like I was watching an anime from the 80s and understood even less. Like its was complete nonsense and I was only able to understand a very small portion of what was even going on. I expect episode 2 to make much more sense.

Honya-san 01

This was a good cleanser are Reco. Some they've made Camera and Rotten more visually appealing in this than I found them in the manga. I've got a good feeling from this so I see myself sticking with this the whole way through.

BluWacky

I watched the OP for G-Reco. It was ineptly directed. I will not watch any more.

Thus my non-Gundam watching streak continues.

Roll on KimiUso next week!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
OK? Can you elaberate?

Only partially my watching of the Brave series is ongoing, each series is different, and sometimes wildly different at that. Also, I think maybe people focus too much on GoGaiGAr at the expense of the others. I am unsure yet.

yami4ct

Have no time to watch Reco 1 yet, so just checked out the OP.

Cool stuff is happening. Song is pretty hype. Why the hell does none of this go together? Feels like they ran out of time and just threw some random footage and some character art on top of the music without even thinking about cutting them together well.

Gundam Wing 11

It takes a certain kinds of ball to shoot at your adopted father's killer while her two bodyguards are standing right beside her. That or a certain kind of stupidity.

fertygo

Garnidelia should have done the GBF Try OP instead. It's wasted on the drunk who put that OP together for Reconguista.

I reading there's possibility the OP aren't finished yet.. god if this season Sunrise's show aren't fucked themselves their schedule will.

yami4ct

I reading there's possibility the OP aren't finished yet.. god if this season Sunrise's show aren't fucked themselves their schedule will,

If Sunrise pulled an A-1 and the animation of G-Reco or TRY suffers because Sunrise bit off more than they can chew, I'm not sure I'll ever forgive them. Greco's been in the works for a good long while, so hopefully they know what they're doing.

Gundam SEED 23
That Yzak guy is going to have a cheap death if he can't get it together. He's so bent up on anger and revenge he can't see straight. Same with Cagalli. She needs to relax and the fact that she won't is why she's in the position she is in now.

Yzak is one of the best, hes no Dearka, but still entertaining.

Thoraxes

Wait whoah. Thats supposed to come out in November!
Whats going on?!
I had to call to put it on my old debit card because I put it on the new one with the new expiration date I'm expecting in the mail, lol. I figured it's more than a month out so when I switch everything over next week, I'd have more than enough time before the November titles hit!

I'm glad to be wrong though. I need Nazuna and glorious Chiaki Omigawa in my ears now!

cajunator

Banned
I had to call to put it on my old debit card because I put it on the new one with the new expiration date I'm expecting in the mail, lol. I figured it's more than a month out so when I switch everything over next week, I'd have more than enough time.

I'm glad to be wrong though. I need Nazuna and glorious Chiaki Omigawa in my ears now!

I, too, need this in my life. Well the hd version anyway. The dvds look terrible on my 55".

Naruto Shippuden 380

Opening: It's Alright. Certainly better than the previous one.
Ending: Not my cup of tea. OP > ED this time for sure.

Tree of might is here.

Gonna need Goku to spirit bomb it away soon.

I liked the OP song, can they do more naruto ops.

ED was amazing, perfect scenes for Naruto and Sasuke, especially when they were just laying there in the breeze or Naruto running to Sasuke, then Sasuke stopped and then running once Naruto caught up, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom