• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

SEED Destiny didn't start up that bad. It just went off from rails rather soon ( I still enjoyed the trainwreck it became lol). Second season of 00 just was plain bad. Not even bad in entertaining way like Destiny.

The part of SEED Destiny that wasn't "that bad" was pure action though. They put little effort into introducing most of the new cast for almost 10 episodes and just had action sequence after action sequence.

Argevollen Episode 13

Oh nice we keep Faith for the ED, song never gets old.

Namie > Jamie, just for the senpai-ness of Takamune now and hearing his advice lines then everyone getting all over him about it. I laughed so much about it because seeing him flustered and red is hilarious.

Love how they did it when he went over 70%, the blurring and speed of it, and just cool angle to make the gun turn to blast it as well as his dash towards the unit.

mankoto

Guys your making ms worried about Destiny.

Gundam SEED 27
Mostly a recap episode. But hey, now we know that Kira is
one step above Coordinator. He is in fact a SEED (what a name drop).
Also, Gundams are now being mass produced and they need Kira's help to make them work.

Gundam Wing 12

Wu Fei going from a period of self-pity and angst...which results in a good chuck of people getting killed because of his inaction.

Also Heero is not quite dead to the surprise of absolutely no one. On the other hand, when you survive freefalling without pulling your parachute at the right time with only a broken leg, your expected to survive the explosion of your mech while on it.

Gundam G-Reco -1

Well...this was certainly something.

I mean, this show was nice to look at, and I'm liking this upbeat happy attitude this main character has.

But even so, just what exactly is going on? Can we not get a narrator explaining the plot or something in the next episode? Please?

fertygo

I'm surprised people not seeing this G-Reco's OP is just collection of stock footage, its blatant as hell..

I'm officially worried for TRY :(

Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis looks pretty cool but that main character design with the afro looks awful. He just looks so goofy and out of place.

Mr.Jeff

Gundam Wing 12
Also Heero is not quite dead to the surprise of absolutely no one. On the other hand, when you survive freefalling without pulling your parachute at the right time with nary a scratch your expected to survive the explosion of your mech while on it.
He didn't get away without injuries! He broke a leg!

Jarmel

Banned
I'm surprised people not seeing this G-Reco's OP is just collection of stock footage, its blatant as hell..

I'm officially worried for TRY :(

I thought the OP might not be finished but usually there's some warning. There are also quick cuts/scenes in there that look to be from an actual OP which just makes the thing, all the more confusing.

Crocodile

So two questions:

A) Who worked on Space Dandy, speaks proper English and has a Twitter acount? I know Thomas Romain and Bahi JD do. Anyone else?

B)
I know the CEO of Bones expressed some interest in doing a Space Dandy movie or something of the sort as a continuation. Other than buying the Blu-Rays/DVDS (Which y'all better do!) what practical things can we do to increase the likelihood of something of that sort happening?

fertygo

I thought the OP might not be finished but usually there's some warning. There are also quick cuts/scenes in there that look to be from an actual OP which just makes the thing, all the more confusing.

That thing is might the only scene from the actual OP, for the rest I'm pretty sure seeing it on previous trailer/preview.. and sure look like episode footage.

So two questions:

A) Who worked on Space Dandy, speaks proper English and has a Twitter acount? I know Thomas Romain and Bahi JD do. Anyone else?

B)
I know the CEO of Bones expressed some interest in doing a Space Dandy movie or something of the sort as a continuation. Other than buying the Blu-Rays/DVDS (Which y'all better do!) what practical things can we do to increase the likelihood of something of that sort happening?

The dandiest thing to do would be to not care and go with whatever happens. Dead or alive, the show is pretty dandy.

Enron

Banned
pzzq393.jpg

Can never have enough wide!

We need to go..........wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiider

Honya-san 1 was pretty good. I really like these kinds of shows. Can't decide if Hiotan or Sensei is Best Girl.

Lurky

Denki-ga no Honya-san 1

I hope to god that Cajun is watching this. It's amazing! I'm definitely watching this to the end.

G-Reco - 1
Direction, editing, and writing was messy yet also evoked that of another era. The first half of the episode was downright disorienting with all of the needless jargon thrown towards the audience's way. It's such a curiosity of an introduction that I gradually warmed up to it and wanted to see more. It's hard to describe.

Gundam G-Reco 02

Holy shit someone get a fucking editor on this show stat! There were so many out of place cuts away or just places where it seems that shit was just completely not there for whatever fucking reason. Then we get to the fight scene where...hell I dunno what I was supposed to feel. [
B]MC fights and kills two of her comrades who were coming to save here then she freaks. Course what the fuck does it even matter since its already been made completely clear they're gonna be slurping each other penis and vagina by the end of it with the pink haired chick biting her skirt in jealously because she wanted the MC first.[/B]

Course I'm part of the problem because I'm so fucking mecha starved I'll watch this to the end.

CorvoSol

G-Reco 1

Fuckin loved it. Show looks great, Turn A nods in the dialogue, and the whole thing reeked of Tomino's wacky dialogue and writing.

Locodol END - Gotta say, kind of down on this show. It had its kind of funny moments, but they felt few and far between. The characters seemed kind of flat and they never really followed through on anything. Like, when Nanako visits Yukari's house they never really delve into why Yukari never has friends visit besides her cousin. And it seems like they only half-commit to Yukari's yuri tendencies. Likewise, with the manager, there's like a side-story of one episode where its brought up that she's kind of a pervert/stalker, but then it largely disappears from the show outside the odd scene where she's in the background with her camera.

Dresden

B)[/B] I know the CEO of Bones expressed some interest in doing a Space Dandy movie or something of the sort as a continuation. Other than buying the Blu-Rays/DVDS (Which y'all better do!) what practical things can we do to increase the likelihood of something of that sort happening?

Spamming Cartoon Network would be the most productive thing you could do, after actually purchasing the BDs.

If Sunrise pulled an A-1 and the animation of G-Reco or TRY suffers because Sunrise bit off more than they can chew, I'm not sure I'll ever forgive them. Greco's been in the works for a good long while, so hopefully they know what they're doing.

Due to Wanpack, we know that episode 9 of G-Reco and episode 3 of Build Fighters TRY were finished in September.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hyouka 7 (rewatch):
Free! being foreshadowed here.

KyoAni was never shy about drawing shirtless males in their series when the plot called for it, but it wasn't until Hyouka that they showed off their capacity for "female gaze", which would eventually culminate in Free! If I'm not mistaken, it was the first time when KyoAni's shirtless male characters stopped being incidental to the script, and the characters' animation took on a decisively more voyeuristic bent.

DAT Oreki.

mankoto

Gundam SEED 29
I guess that'll be the last we'll see of Cagalli. That's a shame.
Nicol was a pretty cool dude.

I just noticed Cagalli and Athrun are paired together in the ED. Granted every OP so far suggests Kira and Lacus... I guess that meeting on the island will carry some weight in the future.

Shergal

Hyouka 7 (rewatch):

KyoAni was never shy about drawing shirtless males in their series when the plot called for it, but it wasn't until Hyouka that they showed off their capacity for "female gaze", which would eventually culminate in Free! If I'm not mistaken, it was the first time when KyoAni's shirtless male characters stopped being incidental to the script, and the characters' animation took on a decisively more voyeuristic bent.

DAT Oreki.

It's the fujo director. She did this ep of Hyouka, and she then went on to direct Free (both the original CM and later both seasons). Previously she had been working on K-On and Nichijou so she didn't really get enough opportunities for this :p

Dresden

Hyouka 7 (rewatch):

DAT Oreki.

Best pre-irisu episode of the first half.

I guess this is 1st time I'm posting in Anime OT...
Anyway, definitely enjoyed the 1st 2 G Reco episodes. Tomino influence is noticable on the go. Those animations are definitely pre-Seed style :lol
Will be having a good time following ths series xD
plus that old UC mobile suits cameos in the 2nd episode, didn;t think it would still exist in that time

mankoto

Gundam SEED 30
An eye for an eye I guess.
Although Tolle did literally nothing throughout the series whereas Nicol was a combat in arms.

Now it makes more sense as to why Flay is running towards Kira in the OP. He really doesn't want anything to do with her anymore and it's not like she can go back to Sai anytime soon. And now she's stuck crying by herself.

Cagalli and Athrun will see each other again? Oh boy...

jgminto

G-Reco 2

Every character sucks. There's no clear motivation for anybody and the editing is terrible. Why would they cut a chunk out of a conversation? A lot of the character art looks really rough too, like it was rushed and the lines weren't drawn properly. I don't see myself sticking with the series if this is how it's going to continue. At least there's one good Gundam show this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom