• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well for the most part, censorship was rampant during the second half of the episode. Probably the most in any anime ever. On the adaptation side, there are differences from the manga. The most obvious one is that there is new scenes which just aren't in the manga. Don't know if it cancels out not having some scenes that are in the manga. b. And they're really painting akari as the mc, for better or for worse.
Will the annex crew reach mars? Find out in the episode in Frieza Defeated!

Black Rock Shooter 07

iWTeJND.jpg

LYcVKfS.jpg

Hm... It... kinda... makes sense?

It's still nonsense, but yeah. Oh and Yuu switched places, eh?

duckroll

The Garo OP is really, really cool. Great animation, very stylish. bold colors. Fantastic stuff. Turns out the opening animation is actually directed by music video director Masatsugu Nagasoe. The unit direction is by Tomoyuki Niho, who did the actual animating with his buddies Doge and Kutsuna. In terms of animation and uniqueness, probably one of the top OPs this year so far. Not as good as Ping Pong's though! :)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hyouka 11.5 (rewatch):
The shipteasing is merciless.

The Garo OP is really, really cool. Great animation, very stylish. bold colors. Fantastic stuff. Turns out the opening animation is actually directed by music video director Masatsugu Nagasoe. The unit direction is by Tomoyuki Niho, who did the actual animating with his buddies Doge and Kutsuna. In terms of animation and uniqueness, probably one of the top OPs this year so far. Not as good as Ping Pong's though! :)

I hope its picked up so I can watch it.

And a no credit version added.

Gundam Wing 14

Kind of a meh episode overall, mostly setting up the next few episodes. Only real plot advancement is the reveal that the Wing Gundam has been rebuilt.

Nafe

Haly's Hyouka comments are nice to read. Especially after that wave of "OMG! So Boring!" a little while back.

---

They all wear pants!

Maybe all the Finnish girls do,haha.
I've seen pictures of Strike Witches. There's definitely some kind of No Pants conspiracy going on there.

That looks like her,yeah. I guess she still had a belt on though.

He didn't reply with a direct 'NO' to a return a couple of days ago... and there is always the option of you coming along with us to the twitter realms! :)

That's true, I did see that post.
Sorry, but unlike Regulus and a few others here, I'm not really that interested in twitter.

Lol, sorry Pshyco. You know me, it's action awesome anime > romance anime.

Should watch Samurai Flamenco before any other show on the list IMO. It's a much more enjoyable experience. It's my AOTY 2013. It really was...quite the experience. :)

Come now you loved Clannad. But I will admit to you loving your action series. And I can't fault you for liking Fate/Zero as I thoroughly enjoyed the show also.

I will get to that....... soon. Please be excited.

curiosity is dangerous! You must watch anime responsibly!

Sentai is the true savior of anime.

I tell ya. I get lured into traps entirely too easy.

Black Roch Shooter 08 END

And so ends our group watch of Black Rock Shooter. All we need now is matching different coloured wrist bands.

Mike and your bond must be rock solid now. Ah.... ah! I'll stop now.

Black Rock Shooter 08

Thanks phoenix296 and Hugstable!

It ends with everybody learning that feeling sad is good.

It has a Miku OP and the fighting looks cool sometimes. Everything else though...

Uh... I dunno... 1/5 colors:
z50f83E.png
VYyid86.png
VYyid86.png
VYyid86.png
VYyid86.png

Watching Gurren Lagann.

Of course the dumb loser kid falls in love with the dumb boring girl. BARF.

Still fun to watch though.

The whaaaaa. You know I kind of started of watching Gurren Lagaan like this too thinking it was slow and kind of boring.

But trust me dude it gets really good. You're in for a treat.

/XX/

Forgot to bring in the earlier post the latest teaser for that Mr. Anno's retrospective:

ニコニコチャンネル限定配信! 第27回東京国際映画祭 特集上映「庵野秀明の世界」Bタイプ (C)2014 TIFF / J-LOP - Niconico Douga: Ginza
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1412252354

The thing is... that music theme doesn't seem new to me, I have the impression Mr. Sagisu has extracted and re-arranged it out of his back-catalogue of compositions from earlier works (same situation as some tunes at the Rebuild of Evangelion movies), but I can't exactly pinpoint from what one...

Sorry, but unlike Regulus and a few others here, I'm not really that interested in twitter.
Oh well, I understand your position! I think I had to try making you at least interested on the possibility. :)

Come now you loved Clannad. But I will admit to you loving your action series. And I can't fault you for liking Fate/Zero as I thoroughly enjoyed the show also.

I will get to that....... soon. Please be excited.

Well yeah, I really enjoyed it back in the day, but now that a lot of time has passed, I can't deny that it has some pretty major flaws. But that's just me. I don't hate it or even dislike it, I just don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

And I'm very happy to hear that. Samurai Flamenco was a really fun show around when it was airing. All the theories going on at the time...all the action, and its sense of humour. We don't get nearly enough new watchers of that around here.

Midonin

Funimation announces their shows.

Vanadis, the two visual novel-based anime, Twintail, and Garo are the ones I'm going to be watching.

Now, here's the deal, Funi. You get Seal of Flames, I get that. But please look into getting the rest of the franchise. I know several people in the toku fandom who would appreciate it.

mankoto

Gundam SEED 41
The new OP makes it clear where this is going to go and with how this episode went as well as the preview to the next one heavily enforced that. This might be a wild ride until the end.

zulux21

Funimation announces their shows.

Vanadis, the two visual novel-based anime, Twintail, and Garo are the ones I'm going to be watching.

Now, here's the deal, Funi. You get Seal of Flames, I get that. But please look into getting the rest of the franchise. I know several people in the toku fandom who would appreciate it.

ill be watching
Lord Marksman and Vanadis
Laughing Under the Clouds
Gonna be the Twin-Tails!!

and at least checking out
Rage of Bahamut: Genesis

Who's gonna license Parasyte since it seems Funimation isn't gonna do it.

likely CR with a far very outside chance for Viz.

Shergal

The Garo OP is amazing. I often rag on Niho and some of his web animation colleagues for not knowing how to draw characters, but any potential shortcoming with that is completely side-stepped in a music video as stylish and morphing as this. It's mostly done as if it were effects animation, something these animators have always excelled at. Reminded me in some parts of Son of the White Mare, the entire screen flowing and morphing in colours without a rigid demarcation between subject and background.

Goldfish Warning! The Movie

I'd like to think that this movie is the sequel to the episode with Gyopii falling in love with a balloon only this time he's fallen in love with an actual goldfish that Tanakayama is selling for 100 yen. Chitose objects to Gyopii's love and tries at all costs to stop the relationship while Tanakayama uses the situation to try and steal Gyopii as per usual.

The movie is 21 minutes in length which is twice the size of a normal Goldfish Warning! story and it felt about right at that length and didn't drag too long. Still as funny as all the regular episodes and definately worth a watch in addition to watching the main series.

Now onto G-Reco.

Gundam Wing 17

Saint_Une_3633.jpg

Erm...

Lady_Une_6494.jpg

...Who are you, and what happened to Iron Une?

Anyways, the perspective shifts to Duo, and Qautre, as the colonies label them and the other Gundam pilots as fugitives.

/XX/

It is a pleasure, and also a torment for those unable to go, the sight of good resolution scans from magnificent layouts like these:

http://www.buta-connection.net/hommages/images/expo-layouts_img01_hd.jpg
http://www.buta-connection.net/hommages/images/expo-layouts_img02_hd.jpg
http://www.buta-connection.net/hommages/images/expo-layouts_img03_hd.jpg
http://www.buta-connection.net/hommages/images/expo-layouts_img04_hd.jpg
http://www.buta-connection.net/hommages/images/expo-layouts_img05_hd.jpg
http://www.buta-connection.net/hommages/images/expo-layouts_img06_hd.jpg

So, exactly like these ones served as appetizer, there are 1300 original ones waiting at the exposition 'Dessins du Studio Ghibli' organized by the Art Ludique museum (similar to the one with the same thematic curated on Japan in 2008), that opens tomorrow (October, 4th). These scans come courtesy of a great article dedicated to this event made by the staff at Buta Connection:

Buta Connection - Exposition Dessins du studio Ghibli
http://www.buta-connection.net/hommages/expo-layouts.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom