• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
CR has Log Horizon S2

So the only big shows that haven't been picked up for proper streaming are Amagi Brilliant Park and G-Reco?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

yUbkF2q.gif

Database DATABASE
LIVING IN THE DATABASE DATABASE
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Crap. I still need to finish this too. So much anime, so little time.

Korra S4-1

Really solid episode and very good premise for the season. I'm fucking blown back by how much better the show is now compared to the first two seasons. This is the biggest jump in quality upwards I have ever seen in any medium.

Why the fuck did the first two seasons have to exist? :(

More people on the Korra train. Choo choo. This season actually has a lot of promise. Final season so it should be pretty good.

if you've never seen/read FSN then don't worry. Unlimited Bladeworks Shirou isn't as sexist as the fate route Shirou.

Woofington! I need to know if this will be good. Fate/Zero was really good. I stayed away from the first Stay Night for this. Tell me it will all be alright!!!

mankoto

Gundam SEED 45
Clones?
Artificle wombs?
The "final door will open soon"

We're reaching the climax.

Woofington! I need to know if this will be good. Fate/Zero was really good. I stayed away from the first Stay Night for this. Tell me it will all be alright!!!

It'll have good action, but the masters are largely made up of high schoolers, and the design of the heroes are a bit more bland. Not to mention the VN let you take different routes that made you choose a different girl to end up with in each one.

So it'll be good, but don't expect Fate Zero. The original material doesn't compare.

It'll have good action, but the masters are largely made up of high schoolers, and the design of the heroes are a bit more bland. Not to mention the VN let you take different routes that made you choose a different girl to end up with in each one.

So it'll be good, but don't expect Fate Zero. The original material doesn't compare.

But..... I was... saving myself for this....

;P

Overman King Gainer Ep. 6

In this episode we learn that Gain is
potentially a deadbeat dad in the making.
Kind of a boring episode overall, which makes it better than most of the series thus far.

Link Man

Banned

Explaining the concept of a visual novel to Pshyconinja? Tsk tsk.

360pages

If you like Fate/Zero, then Heaven's feel matches the tone much more closely. Though I do feel like it gets a bit muddled in the middle.

If I have to choose a single route that is the best, it would probably be unlimited blade works

Blusby

It goes like so:

Fate: Shit
Unlimited Blade Works: Good and at times great
Heaven's Feel: Well, at least it has a lot of Kotomine and Illya to save it, kinda.

360pages

You guys either need to read the Tsukihime Manga or Read to VN.

Seriously, the characters in Tsukihime blow the Fate characters out of the water...but never, ever watch the anime...because it doesn't exist. It's like dividing by zero,

(I actually like the Manga more than the VN in some situations)

Blusby

You guys either need to read the Tsukihime Manga or Read to VN.

Seriously, the characters in Tsukihime blow the Fate characters out of the water...but never, ever watch the anime...because it doesn't exist. It's like dividing by zero,

(I actually like the Manga more than the VN in some situations)

This man tells the truth, Tsukihime is by far Nasu's best work and yeah the manga is great, makes Arc's route actually cool.

Terraformars 02

I think I saw a bit of the spine when the roaches ripped that dude's head off and use the spinal column to decaitate those other dudes, so that was a plus. But other than that it's a pretty barebones adaptation bogged down by some serious censorship (When the bugs were attacking they may as well have plastered "Buy Terraformars Vol. 1 on Blu Ray and DVD" In bright flashing colors).

360pages

This man tells the truth, Tsukihime is by far Nasu's best work and yeah the manga is great, makes Arc's route actually cool.

Yeah, Arc's route is so well done in the Manga. You guys should really read it, I honestly think Arc is more interesting than all of the girls in Fate combined.

Blusby

Subbed Garo never.

Well at least I'm almost done with season 1 of Space Dandy, will probably put season 2 on hold and in between all the Fall season's offerings check out either GitS 2nd Gig or Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu (Need dat Atsuko Tanaka).

mankoto

Gundam SEED 46
Kira is mentally scrambled after learning the truth. Hearing Flay's voice again after so long didn't help either. Speaking of her, as much as I originally hated her, looking back, she's probably the most interesting character in this series.

360pages

b-But Sakura exists!

I at least like Sakura's design, Rin is so bland. But honestly, I don't care about any of the three main girls. There should have been a Rider and Caster route. They are at least interesting.

Like I said Tsukihime females are a lot more interesting for me. I actually really like Fate/Stay night, but it's not for the romance or the female characters.

Overman King Gainer Ep. 7

This has settled into being a mediocre mecha series, for the time being anyway. King Gainer being able to use parts from other Overmans is interesting, though.

I at least like Sakura's design, Rin is so bland. But honestly, I don't care about any of the three main girls. There should have been a Rider and Caster route. They are at least interesting.

Like I said Tsukihime females are a lot more interesting for me. I actually really like Fate/Stay night, but it's not for the romance or the female characters.

but it has strongly written female characters.

I mean we have one
who is raped
female characters don't get more intricate than that according to Japan

360pages

but it has strongly written female characters.

I mean we have one
who is raped
female characters don't get more intricate than that according to Japan

Tsukihime has interesting female characters. Fate has female characters that are way too stock for my taste.

Seriously, just read Tsukihime, it's not really a contest. Ciel route actually makes you feel bad for her without being super heavy handed.

360pages

At the very least the Tsukihime heroine in question isn't a bland doormat, with the added plus that unlike Sakura
rape doesn't define her character

Superb taste my man.

I really do like how they got expanded roles in fate/hollow ataraxia. Because even with character development, Saber is kind of dull. Rin is just...meh, and Sakura is hilariously bad.

It feels like they are just goals, it doesn't help that Sakura might as well be a lamp in Fate and Unlimited blade works route considering she only does anything of note in her own route.

Blusby

I really do like how they got expanded roles in fate/hollow ataraxia. Because even with character development, Saber is kind of dull. Rin is just...meh, and Sakura is hilariously bad.

Saber was a character I genuinely liked (though not until HF cause lolFateRomance and lolHumiliationInUBW) but she really shines in Zero. Rin I couldn't get into 'cause I was just like "Nasu attempted to write Ciel a second time, only this one isn't as compelling", and Sakura is just a terrible plot device.

360pages

Saber was a character I genuinely liked (though not until HF cause lolFateRomance and lolHumiliationInUBW) but she really shines in Zero. Rin I couldn't get into 'cause I was just like "Nasu attempted to write Ciel a second time, only this one isn't as compelling", and Sakura is just a terrible plot device.

Rin is alright when you step back and look at her. But as you said, she is less compelling than Ciel, but her Tsundereness kind of ruined her for me.

One thing I liked about Tsukihime was that the girls were a lot more open about their relationship and they avoided a lot of song and dance of it. It felt more about two characters trying to understand one another than romance even if it was a heavy theme in Tsukihime. I felt Arc and Shiki became friends first then started a romance rather than them just being love interest at first.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I think Tsukihime handles it a lot better than Fate did, first of all Tsukihime doesn't have.
Penis worms
that's a great start.

Shiki rapes a lot, that's a fair bit worse than Penis worms.

At the very least the Tsukihime heroine in question isn't a bland doormat, with the added plus that unlike Sakura
rape doesn't define her character

Superb taste my man.

Hisui is pretty bland and doormatty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom