• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

iF9smbfhPaLEi.gif

Blusby

Why is there so much pointless discussion of Type-Moon here? The anime hasn't even aired yet.
Anyways my two cents are that the VNs are bad and Rin should have been the MC. I'm only interested in the well animated waifus to be honest, rest is lol Nasucrap philosophy that I don't even care for!

Also to add I believe KEY fans are worse because even with TM at least most of the girls actually look of age!

Mokoi

Banned
I get the strange feeling that Branduil did not enjoy Black Rock Shooter. I've never seen it, and I'm going to keep it that way.

Legend of Korra S4 1

Yeah I knew this
metal bending chick
would be important in this season based on how they introduced her at the end of Season 3. Oddly enough I care about how Bolin will mend his relationship wounds with Opel. The seeds are being sown. Let's see how they execute this season.

duckroll

I think FUNi is going to announce the following shows today:

Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis, Garo, Ore Twintail ni Narimasu, Donten ni Warau, Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai, and Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete.

yami4ct

I think FUNi is going to announce the following shows today:

Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis, Garo, Ore Twintail ni Narimasu, Donten ni Warau, Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai, and Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete.

Is there any indication anyone's picking up Garo at all? That's the one I most think is going to get left out. Others seem like pretty reasonable guesses for Funi pickups.

Surprise Recongusita in G announcement, please :(

duckroll

I still need to finish Terror in Resonance but I am curious to hear if that show ended well...

Disappointing show, but the ending itself was okay. Ended about as well as can be expected after it went all over the place. Not something I would particularly recommend since there's so much better stuff out there.

Is there any indication anyone's picking up Garo at all? That's the one I most think is going to get left out. Others seem like pretty reasonable guesses for Funi pickups.

Surprise Recongusita in G announcement, please :(

It's not a wild guess, it's based on other guesses on their blog for the contest they're running and the responses from FUNi telling each person how many titles they got correct. Process of elimination.

zulux21

Disappointing show, but the ending itself was okay. Ended about as well as can be expected after it went all over the place. Not something I would particularly recommend since there's so much better stuff out there.

pretty much my thoughts... with what went on in the middle I couldn't really hope for a much better ending... as the ending was okay which is way better than what I can say about the middle.

/XX/

The definitive schedule for TIFF's “The World of Hideaki Anno” retrospective has been confirmed now that the official flyer is out:

27th Tokyo International Film Festival | Leaflets of 27th Tokyo International Film Festival and “The World of Hideaki Anno”is ready for download!
http://2014.tiff-jp.net/news/en/?p=7606

Typical design cues habitual from him... Mr. Anno & Co. sure handled this the same way as the promotional video. The screenings line-ups are available on-line too for each of the four special talk-show sessions (http://2014.tiff-jp.net/en/lineup/works.php?id=176, http://2014.tiff-jp.net/en/lineup/works.php?id=178, http://2014.tiff-jp.net/en/lineup/works.php?id=190 & http://2014.tiff-jp.net/en/lineup/works.php?id=206) and, as speculated before, the evasive The Invention of Imaginary Machines of Destruction animated short will be featured, and what's more, accompanied by a showcase of never-seen-before storyboards!

A complete showcase of the production materials from that VICTOR ROBOT COMPO CM would be nice to see some day too, but of course a good quality screening of the commercial itself (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOucBryYIPY) would be sufficiently cool... for those lucky enough to be there at the event, sure.

And in other news related to the festival... well, at least this is "news" for me, because, I didn't know there is already an English dub for the STAND BY ME Doraemon film. Just to be sure... no release of it has been announced yet for any native English-speaking country, isn't it?

Black Rock Shooter 05

It's all Mato's fault.

Luckily Saya strangles her as a joke and somehow Yuu doesn't exist, but the other you does. Mato then gets kissed(?) by Yuu and becomes the other you for a brief moment.

Hugstable

Banned
Black Rock Shooter Episode 5

Oh damn the star broke shit just got real. (What was the point of that star lol?)

We actually got a semi-explanation this episode, and then even more confusing things happen and Mato lets out a creepy scream. I don't think I'm gonna stop being confused through this maccarron filled adventure.

Nafe

Gundam Reconguista in G hasn't been licensed at least as of yet but which site, if any, licensed shows like Gundam Age or Gundam 00?

---

It was your post that made me give it a shot. So thank you for that!

That's good to hear. :)
I try to post about some older shows like that to give them more attention but I'm not really sure how many are reading them or are interested.

Our very Mr. Reg-chan sure must be smiling right now enjoying your conversation and his legacy in here, wherever he is on that transcended plane of life beyond this community... soon to be ready for a new re-incarnation and coming, to help us at this worldly place on next January for the task of spreading again Saviour Ikuhara's teachings.

He's left AnimeGaf mostly for twitter it seems. :(
I did see him post a bit in the Smash Bros. thread but I don't know if I want to read it some more as the "conversation" was pretty bad...
Sailor Moon Crystal didn't really bring him back but maybe Yuri Bear Storm can!

There are several witches from "Finland", though Eila is the only one heavily featured in the anime. She does have a sister though!

http://i.imgur.com/SOZdnQF.jpg

She seems cool. Plus she's actually wearing pants.
I was actually thinking of another girl though. I think in some pictures she's wearing a uniform similar to that but in others she's wearing more of a blue sweater.

yami4ct

It's not a wild guess, it's based on other guesses on their blog for the contest they're running and the responses from FUNi telling each person how many titles they got correct. Process of elimination.

Alright. Cool. Didn't know that was happening. Would be really glad to see Garo get a pickup. Might be a good inroad for the live-action show to get an official release.

Legend of Korra S4 1

Yeah I knew this
metal bending chick
would be important in this season based on how they introduced her at the end of Season 3. Oddly enough I care about how Bolin will mend his relationship wounds with Opel. The seeds are being sown. Let's see how they execute this season.

good man, looking forward to the season. And agreed, this might be the season for Bolin to shine since one of the plotlines is already affecting him heavily on two fronts.

Yeah, I am already 5 episodes in so I am going to finish it. I just stopped one week and haven't gone back yet because I was trying to catch up on some watchbet obligations. But I am going back to it soon and remember people complaining about the episodes after 5 so I was curious.

Sad to hear the entirety of the show goes to crap after these opening episodes were pretty good and my hype for the show before it started. :/

Thanks Duckroll.

good man, looking forward to the season. And agreed, this might be the season for Bolin to shine since one of the plotlines is already affecting him heavily on two fronts.

He's kind of in the middle of all the shit right now. Perfect setup for Bolin to shine. Especially considering last season we found out he was a
Lava Bender
. With Bolin walking around with the
metal benders
I wonder if he can also
metal bend
. It has been 3 years since the end of Season 3.

Also Hi Woofington! It's been a while. :p

Black Rock Shooter 06

Uh... Well...

We see how Saya and Yuu met and how Yuu used to live surrounded by garbage, and then they became friends. There's lots of feelings and forgiveness and Saya seems to get killed in the other world, but Yuu defends her corpse from Mato, which is trapped in the other world, or something like that. And then Yomi deletes Mato from her friends list.

cajunator

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom