• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
World Trigger 1

So much :wonzo.

There's some interesting ideas here and the potential for a neat series, but I think I'm going to start reading the manga instead of keeping up with this. The art is kind of meh and there's a lot of missed opportunities for making things look/presented cool (like Yuma's intimidation).

May come back to specific episodes if the production values get upped at points.

I think Seven Deadly Sins should probably replace this in the OP.

is Gundam-san anime any good?
I've read the first volumes of the manga and it was pretty funny. I'm also planning on reading Sousei.

It's silly and short, you could watch it all in less then an hour.
I think some of the jokes (most of the Bird ones) are kind of dumb though. Sousei is far better imo

From the New World Ep. 8

ibsFjlwolaoEbc.gif

Someone please tell me the
same gender relationships
are going to serve a good purpose. I can feel the crushing disappointment coming.

Fate/Stay Night 0:
Goddamn, this is a beautiful show. The art and backgrounds in particular are just out of this world good. One thing which really popped out at me was the foliage, particularly some of the stuff growing on the buildings. This was a living, breathing world, and ufotable really went above and beyond on this one. The worst looking part of the episode were the character designs, which didn't always fit in with how great the world looked.

The soundtrack was especially strong. I really liked a lot of the pieces, and they did an effective job of setting the scene. It all worked to make everything feel classier than perhaps the material deserves.

I enjoyed the story of the episode a fair amount because it focused almost entirely on the two worthwhile characters from Stay Night in Rin and Archer. Their interactions were really enjoyable throughout the whole episode. I didn't have any real issues with the pacing, although the very beginning of the episode felt a little bit stilted when you basically had Rin run into every single character for a brief twenty second scene or so, which did feel kind of silly. Her interactions with Sakura provided some solid undertones, but a lot of the rest felt like there wasn't much to work with.

Not much I can say about the big fight scene, aside from how amazing it was. Great animation and music, and a lot of care being put into the whole thing.

Hopefully ufotable can keep this up all season long. I don't know how well the story will hold up, but if the production can keep up this level all season long, it should at least keep a good level of quality up.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just tell me that
it isn't a phase and some of the prominent characters stay in non-heterosexual relationships.
;_; *the sound of my good feelings for the show deteriorating*

Sadly, it's a phase. Plot happens and it's impractical for them to keep going.

Log Horizon 2 Ep 1

Ugh., what am I doing? I should know better than to start a new season only to be teased and have to wait a week. I prefer to binge my anime watchings, but damn was Log Horizon really good, so I couldn't resist.

Really funny they reused the same op song. I would have preferred they reused the same ending theme. Although the new one is also pretty damn adorable. As for the episode itself, I liked the premise and the reasoning for his journey. The ending was a bit cryptic with the two of them, wonder how much time it skipped/

Not sure I'll watch next week, I may wait for it to all be out, although it will be hard =/

Steins;Gate - 12

Welp.

To be fair, Moeka kinda did seem like the most obvious one to be an agent. I mean, she freakin' asked to BORROW the IBN for crying out loud.

But I digress. The real thing I should be focusing on here is:
MAYUUUUURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. :(

G-Reco 1

That was actually pretty alright. I'm not completely sure I understand everything that's going on, but I enjoyed the episode. I love the art style, but I really don't like the look of the main(?) Gundam. It's too round. And those Kanti headed mobile suits are some of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

So main character; I'm guessing he's special in some way since he could get inside the Gundam even though the female pilot said no one but her could. (That or she lied.)

Just some random questions:

Is it a Gundam tradition to have a character with white or light colored hair wearing a mask? Though I don't recall a similar character in G Gundam.

Is it stated somewhere in anime law that black/brown skinned characters have to have white or light colored hair? It's crazy how often I see it in anime and Japanese games.

G-Reco 2

Episode was aight. The last few minutes kinda made me dislike it though. From the moment Bellri (who of course is special) shot the cockpit
and supposedly killed the pirate captain
all I could think was how stupid it was. I don't really know how to explain it, but something just seemed off. Some of the characters' reactions seemed weird to me, especially Aida's. And am I wrong, or did Luin know Aida already? I'm guessing he's a space pirate too?

Really, though, this episode just came off as really random to me.

Also, dat collection of classic mobile suits. Zaku <3. I hope to see some of those things actually functioning during the series. Even better, I'd love to see a Gouf.

Just tell me that
it isn't a phase and some of the prominent characters stay in non-heterosexual relationships.
;_; *the sound of my good feelings for the show deteriorating*

Just a phase. It's purpose is to literally stop teenage childbirth. Yeah....

Which is why I always stated that facet of the show was shallow and was there just as fanservice.

But I am a negative nancy about this show. So....

trejo

Pale Cocoon OVA

731e60edfa4cc641767684b08cfa7087c6c8eb5458bebc2913fc097aedf0c59d.jpg

Humanity colonizes the moon because we've ruined Earth as usual and it has become inhospitable.

Generations pass and people forget about Earth/stop giving a shit about it because reasons.

Main protagonist recovers old video of an Earth idoru sending a message and singing a song for future generations and becomes entranced with finding out more.

Eventually catches a glimpse of Earth and sees that it has become beautiful/habitable again.

Happy feelings.

It's been a while so I might be misremembering a bit but it's really not that complex a story.

World trigger - 01

Note for all the MC out there :

^^^^^^^^
BAD, IDIOT , STUPID

Here is what you should have said:

^^^^^^^^
GOOD, perfect réaction

Other reaction that would have been appropriate :
^^^^^^^^
Passable reaction but it would have been alright.

wait ? there is more !!
World%20Trigger%20-%2001_02.jpg

*vomit blood*
Oh come on !
What the hell? Are you going to spout this pathetic and naive justice bullsh*t ? I'm out.
And you're extra weak on top of that ! What's the point ?
Not going to watch a serie where the MC is weak and not even strong to beat some basic monster while spouting all that "justice" nonsense.

My reaction to world trigger episode 1 :
D.R.O.P.P.E.D

One more thought on Log Horizon 201, didn't take long to notice the drop in animation, bit of a bummer, the original was rather pretty, but S2 isn't so bad. Time to see if I can be strong and wait two season so I can binge.

TUSR

Banned
Steins;Gate - 12

Welp.

To be fair, Moeka kinda did seem like the most obvious one to be an agent. I mean, she freakin' asked to BORROW the IBN for crying out loud.

But I digress. The real thing I should be focusing on here is:
MAYUUUUURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII. :(

K fuck it im watching 12, SSB4 3DS is a joke.

Jarmel

Banned
Madan no Ou Vanadis-1

So um hmm um yea

I guess I sort of liked this. It's by no means good but I still found it enjoyable I guess. The fanservice is there and the worst element of the show by far. However it's not too overwhelming or distracting, although it did ramp up near the end so future episodes might be worse.

The lead is super amazing godtier pro shot. Would put Sinon to shame. I like his personality in that he's very mellow but also has some determination/pride in him. The female commander is interesting in the sense that she's a bit prideful but also whimsical at the same time.

Droplet

Just a phase. It's purpose is to literally stop teenage childbirth. Yeah....

Which is why I always stated that facet of the show was shallow and was there just as fanservice.

But I am a negative nancy about this show. So....

(end)
It's purpose is to stop what kills everyone in the village, did we even watch the same show or did you manage to miss how most parts of the teenage segment pointed to this?

Detective Conan 312:
It's been awhile since I was watching through the Conan anime, and I had forgotten how 'early digital as all hell' this point of the show looked. Kind of disorienting to go straight to this after watching Fate/Stay Night earlier.

This is one of those solid Detective Boys episodes after a major case, where the real story is borne out in the Conan/Haibara scenes. This episode didn't disappoint on that front, with some really strong moments as the two spoke (and with good music, too), which handily recapped some of the recent events as well as providing some tantalizing teasers with regards to Haibara's parents and their mysterious deaths (as well as their work as scientists). The rest of the episode is kind of standard stuff, but I enjoyed seeing casual wear Conan, because he's normally always dressed up. It looks kind of strange when he's just walking around in normal clothing.

Steins;Gate - 13

NO.

NO.

NO.

YOU. SUCK.

HOW MUCH BIGGER OF A TROLL COULD YOU HAVE BEEN WITH THAT? HOW?!?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Log Horizon Season 2 Ep 1

Welcome back!! That opening preview for the rest of the season! Looking forward to it all very much. Enjoyed this ep because yet another problem/mystery is presented. Plus there's the looming threat of Plant Hwyaden. Needed more Akatsuki though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom