• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
World Trigger 1

This is really bad. "Quality" art, shaking and panning of static images, CG monsters with basic designs, dreadful attempts at humor, incompetent direction, and to top it off, it's rather dull to boot. Also, dubstep OP with endlessly repeated Engrish and Japanese rapping.

idXzz0HUo9HCA.jpg

Magic Glasses

iQ4UzfdEDppW9.jpg

They zoomed out on this image for over 10 seconds.

A harem of one??
Sugoi yo.

He's in
a house as the only male, with five women who surround him and take turns chilling there and are all super attached to him for one reason or the other and in the VN the three routes let you end up with 3 of the five. It's not a harem in the definition but it's close enough
where I stand by my joke.

Jarmel

Banned
It does look pretty funny when animated:

This is an illustration by Takeuchi of Rin:

Yes it looks stupid as fuck but I guess Ufotable didn't want to go against the original illustrator/trying to be loyal to the source material. It also probably matched with Tabata's own style. Yes I think it's a mistake.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
He's in
a house as the only male, with five women who surround him and take turns chilling there and are all super attached to him for one reason or the other and in the VN the three routes let you end up with 3 of the five. It's not a harem in the definition but it's close enough
where I stand by my joke.

No he's not.

Sakura leaves by day 3 or something and only Saber lives with him for obvious reasons. Hell even in HF Saber leaves fairly early on, your just plain wrong.

Blusby

No he's not.

Sakura leaves by day 3 or something and only Saber lives with him for obvious reasons. Hell even in HF Saber leaves fairly early on, your just plain wrong.

You know, didn't Kerry technically have a harem too?? What with four females living with him and all (though one left the scene rather early), amaze.

Hey there guys! With a new season starting, it's time for me to post here 3~4 times and disappear again. Now, just some short impressions from what I've watched so far:

Gundam: Reconguista In G 1&2
I've just noticed one thing: This is my first Tomino show. So, I don't know about his other ones from first hand experience but this was seriously weird. Weird cuts in action and speaking (like the shooting in the second episode cutting the talk out of nowhere), weird movements and some sort of 80s feel. And I'm perfectly fine with it for some reason.

There's a lot of nonsensical terms and lore for now, which I hope will be explained in the future. In the meantime: G! G! G!!!!!!11

FSN: UBW 00
When I heard this is was going to be a Rin focused episode I started to prepare myself for some massive boredom. But, maybe because I wasn't expecting much, I enjoyed this episode quite a lot and it made me remember why I loved Zero so much. I couldn't help but smile at the fight between Archer and Lancer, truly a work of art.

Next, I'll try to watch Vanadis and World Trigger. Try being the keyword.

Oh, I also watched Gintama a lot. I posted here sometime ago that I was pretty bored at the Jiraya Arc, and then loving the Character Popularity one. AquaWateria and R_thanatos said to me that the next serious arc would be awesome.

And they were totally right. The Four Devas Arc is freaking amazing! Probably my favorite serious part of Gintama as of now. And the funny parts of the show since the switch to 16:9 don't disappoint either.

I had to cancel my CR subscription for awhile since I had all my cards stolen from me 3 weeks ago so I decided to hold off anime for some time. Now I'm getting back into it.

PS: Goddamn Sunrise, put Gundam on CR plz

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It also is very much in line with Takeuchi's artstyle now.

Yeah his current noseless, artistyle is very weird, it was always kind of like that but not this bad. Look at Mirai in comparison to the other Kara movies, I wish they took their own liberties more.

360pages

No he's not.

fate/hollow ataraxia on the other hand.

Also, I agree the art looks weird in motion, even weirder in the VN when they try to make it erotic and it falls flat. This is with everything Type moon. It got better as it went on and the art got more detailed. Witch of the Holy night had a much better art style and direction.

But Everything fate and lower is kind of weird.

fertygo

You know, didn't Kerry technically have a harem too?? What with four females living with him and all (though one left the scene rather early), amaze.

His wife basically said polygamy pact with other women lol

Yeah his current noseless, artistyle is very weird, it was always kind of like that but not this bad. Look at Mirai in comparison to the other Kara movies, I wish they took their own liberties more.

I like Mirai's chara design the best tho.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Kerry had more of a "harem" than Shirou ever with what with the fact he had a wife and women he cheated on her with (Yes in the LN he slept with Maiya). His wife was too good for him. Even his reasons for the action are utter bullshit.

yami4ct

World Trigger 1

Toei is still cheap. More news at 11.

I ended up starting to read WT when I subscribed to Shonen Jump for Hunter x Hunter. Understanding none of it, I was thinking the anime was going to be a good way to catch most of the way up. I guess it'll be good for that, but man is this just not good. Animation is bad even by Toei standards. I actually really like the manga's art, but this really feels like some cheap imitation of that. Everything about the pacing, editing and directing just feels weird and amateurish.

On the positive side, premise is good and I find the characters charming in a generic shonen type way. There's one good bit of animation and that's the particle effects during transformations. Those actually look really neat. I'm really surprised they're in the same show. I'll keep watching just because, but people really need to stop giving Toei material to adapt.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
fate/hollow ataraxia on the other hand.

Also, I agree the art looks weird in motion, even weirder in the VN when they try to make it erotic and it falls flat. This is with everything Type moon. It got better as it went on and the art got more detailed. Witch of the Holy night had a much better art style and direction.

But Everything fate and lower is kind of weird.

Fate hollow is a clusterfuck, imagine having three completely monogamous relationships in 3 parallel universes making a life long commitment to each and than having all 3 universes combined and memories of each relationship as well as your other half remembering. Technically you've made proper commitments to each and are now in no mans.

As is the case of bullshitty fandisks.

360pages

Fate hollow is a clusterfuck, imagine having three completely monogamous relationships in 3 parallel universes making a life long commitment to each and than having all 3 universes combined and memories of each relationship as well as your other half remembering. Technically you've made proper commitments to each and are now in no mans.

As is the case of bullshitty fandisks.

But...I'm pretty sure Fate/ Hollow is canon, (Not that, that means much in the Nasuverse) With all that said, I actually like Fate/Hollow more in terms of day to day situations compared to Fate/Stay night.

I think Hollow explored more of the heroes more and what they think about modern times and what not. A lot of stuff that was glazed over somewhat in the original novel. Since it's not all about Shirou anymore we get to focus on more interesting character like Rider Caster an Lancer.

Kind of why I like Melty Blood story despite it also being kind of a clusterfuck. Everyone feels like they are doing something.

cajunator

Banned
I know right? I am only a few minutes in but every time Rin turns to her side it's like a triangle nose and it's kind of jarring considering how well everything else is done. It's my only real complaint so far, but yeah it takes me out of it every time.

But at least it's pacing itself better than the first episode of Fate/Zero so far. Introducing characters better. I remember how in the first episode I was getting characters mixed up with each other.

Oh yay, you're watching this too. This should be fun.

If this show turns out to be garbage I will blame Woofington because he got my in with Fate/Zero.

Yeah it was a few minutes ago. First the F/SN video wouldn't load at all, then when it did load it was all blurry and pixelated. It's steadily getting better so I am gonna give it a few more moments so the ufotable art can really shine.

Yeah her face just doesnt look right. The art style isnt working for me.

Nah. I didn't like Rider/Waver all that much. They were alright.

I liked everyone else. Archer/Saber/Kerry/Lancer/Berzerker. So if they can just make a good all around cast with cool fights, I will be satisfied.

U WOT M8?

Well, there are a number of first person shots, but one in particular really takes the cake:

rinfixj2rfn.gif

There are a number of 'off' factors about this moment which all add together to give me a sense of general unease.

- Firstly, there's the extremely 'anime' movements that Rin partakes in during this sequence. This goes hand in hand with her 'tsun' reactions earlier. It's all part of the fetishisation of her character.

- There's the noticeable change in music towards a more wistful tone. I can't really speak for how 'earned' this is, but it gives the sequence a bizarre romantic undercurrent out of literally nowhere.

- Then there's the use of first person perspective from the character of Archer, a person with very little (so far) in the way of real personality, a blank slate for the viewer to easily project themselves on. Are we looking through Archers eyes, or are we looking through our own eyes at Rin as she looks into ours? You can't understand why these feels as creepy as all the shots in the first episode of the Idolm@ster ?

Heck, Archer is even an amnesiac, a classical player/reader surrogate figure!

I agree that her movements look forced and cliche to appeal to her fans. Though I cant complain much about that in particular. Her nose though...

Re: Fate/Stay Night character art

There was always something about the character art in Fate/Zero that seemed off. It was the same feeling I got when watching some of Shinkai's stuff.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
But...I'm pretty sure Fate/ Hollow is canon, (Not that, that means much in the Nasuverse) With all that said, I actually like Fate/Hollow more in terms of day to day situations compared to Fate/Stay night.

I think Hollow explored more of the heroes more and what they think about modern times and what not. A lot of stuff that was glazed over somewhat in the original novel. Since it's not all about Shirou anymore we get to focus on more interesting character like Rider Caster an Lancer.

Kind of why I like Melty Blood story despite it also being kind of a clusterfuck. Everyone feels like they are doing something.

Fate/hollow is Bazettes Dream and Shirou isn't even Shirou so he's never had a harem
It's canon but it doesn't mean anything.

At least she had a walking animation, if it was Deen they probably just have a picture of her top half bobbing up and down with faint speed lines drawn around her.

i almost want to post another FSN DEEN scene in webm. It's certainly funny how everyone forgot about their first attempt

World Trigger Episode 1
tumblr_ncy6p2rgQk1tjrf3ao1_500.gif
tumblr_ncy20dfe501tgagauo1_500.gif

Perfect adaptation fully delivering all that I wanted. Yuma is so hilarious with voice now and his faces being even more drawn out and long lasted. Then Mikumo's glasses changing in response at times. Also Yumas red eyes and his green eyes are pretty mesmerizing. Really good duo thus far even though its mainly Yuma doing all the action and weak mikumo just embracing all the other traits a good lead would have.

Particles for Trigger On for Mikumo looked amazing. I feared they wouldnt deliver and make it all fancy like the manga attempted to do back then but they did it well. OP is wonderful with Girigiri and then cuts of all my characters, Satori, Izumi, Kikuchihara, Yoneya, Miwa, Kyousuke, and more.

Up there with Majinbone for best toei anime.

Narag

Alright because I'm a responsible citizen today:

Simulcast Schedule (Thanks Midonin!)

Times are UTC/EDT/PDT

Sunday
CR - Celestial Method -14:30/10:30/7:30
CR - Cross Ange - 9:00/5:00/2:00
CR - Gugure! Kokkuri-san 19:05/15:05/12:05
FN - Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis - 15:30/11:30/8:30
CR - The Fruit of Grisaia - 17:00/13:00/10:00
CR - Tribe Cool Crew - 22:00/18:00/15:00
CR - Wolf Girl and Black Prince - 15:30/11:30/8:30

Monday
CR - Inou Battle wa Nichijou kei no Naka de - 18:05/14:05/11:05
CR - Kaitou Joker - 11:30/8:30/4:30
CR- Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road - 17:30/13:30/10:30

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday
CR - Denki-gai no Honya-san - 14:30/10:30/7:30
CR - I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying - 15:30/11:30/8:30
FN - Ore Twintail ni Narimasu - 18:46/14:46/11:46
FN - Psycho-Pass 2 - 16:50/12:50/9:50
CR - Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru - 18:19/14:19/11:19

Friday
FN - Donten ni Warau - 18:28/14:28/11:28
FN - selector spread WIXOSS - 17:05/13:05/10:05
CR - Terraformars - 16:30/12:30/9:30

Saturday
CR - Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works - 18:00/14:00/11:00
CR - Karen Senki - 15:00/11:00/8:00
CR - Log Horizon 2 - 11:30/7:30/4:30
FN - Madan no Ou to Vanadis - 14:00/10:00/7:00
FN - Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete - 17:30/13:30/11:30
CR - World Trigger - 22:30/18:30/15:30

Legend:
CR = Crunchyroll
FN = Funimation
DS = Daisuki
HL = Hulu
YT = YouTube (direct link to channel next to show)

(regional streaming restrictions may apply)

Give a heads up when Garo and the other Funi shows get streaming times so I can add it in.

Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete 1
I didn't realize this show was in 3D at first so it was throwing me off. Then, it still felt of. Another show with a pretty easy going start. And then blam! and then, you see why it's titled that.
Trying to imitate the Stein's Gate looping to prevent death might be interesting though they also threw in a naked girl at the end
so I can't say if this will be good plotwise. Artwise, the 3D is just offputting in several scenes

Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete 1
It was alright ..

There is like a whole mess of things to solve judging by the first episode.
Aside from the MC , it seems that everyone knows that there is a love triangle ( except the MC ) and the club président IS 200% full of mysteries.

I'm actually intrested to see just how far they will go in order to get a proper "future" or conclusion and i must say that the first episode showed potential.

The animation was certainly spécial , a special blend of 2D and 3D Some 2D animated shots ( like the fight in the hallway) were nicely done by 2D standards and i'm not even sure i understand the schools rules properly.

Overall that was a nice episode and i'm intrested to see how they will treat this anime.

Finalow

is Gundam-san anime any good?
I've read the first volumes of the manga and it was pretty funny. I'm also planning on reading Sousei.

Link Man

Banned
Lord Marskman and Vanadis 1

Now this is a surprise. Interesting characters, nice art and animation, good writing. Will stick with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom