• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHERE THE HELL IS MY SECOND SEASON OF TIME OF EVE.

AARRRGGGGH.

Sammy x Rikuo

Your best bet is probably reading Isaac Asimov's iRobot, Time of Eve bases a lot of its story elements around Asimov's world and there's a focus on the same sort of Human and Robot interaction throughout. The Robots aren't quite as "human" but Asimov goes out of his way to fully explore the 3 Laws of Robotics and how they effect the base behavior of the robot in different ways. It's fun stuff.

Has nothing to do with the Hollywood bastardization of it.

jgminto

G Gundam 12
ibsJ0Bh2A0LHqe.png
ibjpK1gvtP5qnG.png
MASTER ASIA!!! What an amazing man, truly deserving of his many titles. That was a pretty serious episode too, probably the first time the threat of Devil Gundam has felt bigger than the tournament.

Narag

G Gundam 12

MASTER ASIA!!! What an amazing man, truly deserving of his many titles. That was a pretty serious episode too, probably the first time the threat of Devil Gundam has felt bigger than the tournament.

Glad you stuck with this!

TUSR

Banned
Steins;Gate 12

Pretty much confirms that
part-time warrior is from the future

also a big fuck you to
shining finger

Barakamon 3-END

Wow. That was amazing. I haven't seen an anime that fresh, adorable, and well paced in a while. Easily the best of the Summer Season and probably my ATOY front runner right now. Flat out amazing.

G Gundam 12

They don't call him The Undefeated of the East for nothing. What an amazing character.

(end)
It's purpose is to stop what kills everyone in the village, did we even watch the same show or did you manage to miss how most parts of the teenage segment pointed to this?

Did I not just say that? Anyways no, it's a
seperate rule to runaway from the village and another one to have a relationship with people of the opposite sex. It wasn't having sex and having a child that killed the village, it was running away and having sex that killed the village. It was a series of the "societies rules" being broken that lead to the slaughter not a singular rule being broken.

The Tatami Galaxy 11

The Tatami Galaxy Series Impressions

q5NUc69.png

*nods* :)

G Gundam 12

LOOK! THE EAST IS BURNING RED!

Imagine being us and watching this shit unfold week by week.

It was crazy man.

I don't think I'd be able to handle watching this weekly at this point. Now I don't know when I'll be watching F/SN as now I really want to see what happens next!

Steins;Gate - 14

WHAT? SHE'S-

BUT HOW, WHO? THIS WHOLE TIME-

WHAT.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?

TUSR

Banned
Steins;Gate 13

I guess
Mayuri is supposed to die no matter what?

Fuck,

fuck.

God damnit man.

Nintendoman stop watching I need to get a drink and catch up.

yami4ct

Steins;Gate 13

I guess
Mayuri is supposed to die no matter what?

Fuck,

fuck.

God damnit man.

I wish I could erase my memories and watch this show all over. Your reactions are taking me back to how awesome it was.

zulux21

fairy tail current ep
ah... even with a new company fairy tail continues to have some of the worst written filler out there. I will likely have to drop the show until the filler ends other wise it might drive me away from the show completely.

Madan no Ou to Vanadis episode 1
I like the opening episode... but sadly everything about it just felt low budget. I wanted to like the opening, but the background vocals aren't mixed very well and they just mesh with the main vocals into something that isn't all the fun to listen to. I want to enjoy the action but the animation for the action wasn't great. I want to go awe what a cute dragon failing but the animation for that was some of the worst I have seen in a long time using what must be it's future walking animation and just sliding it up the screen to pretend it's flying. Overall I will continue to watch it as I didn't mind the characters and setting, it just feels like a shame that it at this time feels cheaply made, but perhaps they are saving budget for future main plot battles or something.

Wasn't really your thing? That's too bad, I guess. I don't agree at all that the show is pretentious though. It's strange, but it's very clear on what it's about.

You too? :(

Don't take it personally. It just never clicked with me. I wasn't a fan of the art direction or the way the story was told. There was a few funny episodes (with Johnny) that I enjoyed. But yeah just never clicked with me.

I have a distinct taste not many agree with so it's not a huge loss. ;)

yami4ct

fairy tail current ep
ah... even with a new company fairy tail continues to have some of the worst written filler out there. I will likely have to drop the show until the filler ends other wise it might drive me away from the show completely.

Wait, this show has filler even though they restarted it? What's the point of rebooting the damn show, then?

Jex

Fate/Stay Night 0

Horrendous wedge faces aside, that was basically what I expected. Great background art and art direction, lively animation, silly story, sexual tension, dynamic and visceral action. Still better than Fate/Zero 1.

I expect things to get much worse when Shirou becomes the main character.

Why would you say that? I mean, Shirou = hero. It even rhymes.

zulux21

Wait, this show has filler even though they restarted it? What's the point of rebooting the damn show, then?

It was to give the manga more time to get ahead, but they are not pulling the one piece route of adapting one chapter per episode so even though they gave it a year off the manga needs time again. Seems the year off was mostly so they didn't pull a naruto and do over a year straight of filler and instead will just do a small bit of filler here.

either way this episode was 100% filler, last episode was partially filler(acording to a filler guide) and next episode looks like filler (I haven't read this far in the manga so I can't be sure)

I mean the filler writers couldn't even bother to realize that the fairy tail guild (Magnolia Town, souther coast of the kingdom) and the sabertooth guild (not known exactly where but in a rocky area) aren't even in the same city... (fairy tail was the only guild in magnolia, twilight ogre moved in after certain events, but they are the only other ones confirmed there.) and thus the running into fairy tail members after already showing them back home in their guild (even in the same episode) was absolutely ridiculous :/

What's interesting about that is how Rin's face is WAY worse than those other examples, on a whole order of magnitude. The proportions are far more insane and ugly.

It works well for the other show because that's how it's intended and goes with the direction of that show. It clashes in Fate/Zero with the rest of the general art direction.

Branduil

It works well for the other show because that's how it's intended and goes with the direction of that show. It clashes in Fate/Zero with the rest of the general art direction.

That's actually how Rin is "supposed" to look. The real issue is that Ufotable has made the rest of the show look amazing with great art direction and background art, far better than tripe like F/SN deserves. So Rin's awful face stands out far more.

Droplet

Did I not just say that? Anyways no, it's a
seperate rule to runaway from the village and another one to have a relationship with people of the opposite sex. It wasn't having sex and having a child that killed the village, it was running away and having sex that killed the village. It was a series of the "societies rules" being broken that lead to the slaughter not a singular rule being broken.

I'm not entirely sure I see the issue you had with the homosexual relationships was.

I loved it too.
But I think the rapidly talking protagonist and strange episodic structure do throw a lot of people off, so I can see where people feel they are confused, even if had you asked them what happened in an episode they could probably tell you with a decent amount of accuracy.

Gonna try and squeeze one more episode in after this one, sorry. This show is so hard to put down now.

Steins;Gate - 15

It's so weird seeing
everything all happy now after all the shit that went down. I mean, we're back to the old antics of the first few episodes only now everyone pretty much knows what's going on.

But of course, why do I get this horrible feeling that the guy who saw the badge is setting a trap... T_T

zulux21

Two thoughts

- Split-cours have gone too far

- Who asked for this much Durrarara? That show wasn't very good, please give me more Baccano instead.

Durarrara is still quite enjoyable... after the first 8 eps or so...
how about we just get the awesome thing and each split is filled with cours of baccano instead of some other show... aka give us 2-3 more cours of baccano :p

Two thoughts

- Split-cours have gone too far

- Who asked for this much Durrarara? That show wasn't very good, please give me more Baccano instead.

Yeah why doesn't Baccano get this much love. It still hasn't gotten a second season, but Durrarara gets 3 split cours. What is this blasphemy.

Yeah I know I'm a bit salty.

That's actually how Rin is "supposed" to look. The real issue is that Ufotable has made the rest of the show look amazing with great art direction and background art, far better than tripe like F/SN deserves. So Rin's awful face stands out far more.

Yup. It's weird to say the least.

I'm not entirely sure I see the issue you had with the homosexual relationships was.

What? I don't have a problem with same sex relationships in this show. I have a problem when they are not given proper pretense and done without any tact. It felt more fan servicey (IMO) than having any real bearing on the show.

TUSR

Banned
Steins;Gate 14

Ohhhh yeah. Shes so tsundere.

Finally Okabe enlists the help of best girl
in trying to save Mayuri. Which is impossible unless we switch from the alpha time line to the beta.

Holy fuck
so I was right that part-time warrior is future-part-time warrior.

The show does a really good job at making sense of time travel and world lines.
Im assuming at some point we are going to go back to the machine that crashed into the building in episode 1? We did, and shes John Titor? Almost saw that part coming. So what happened to the beginning in which Kurisu was killed?

Yeah her face just doesnt look right. The art style isnt working for me.

U WOT M8?

Sorry. I know it's not a popular opinion to have and I am in the minority on that one. But I just never really clicked with the pair. Although Riders fights were awesome.
And his last one won him a lot of points with me

TUSR

Banned
Steins;Gate 15

So im going with a 90% chance that
Okabe is future-part-time warrior's father

Although im probably wrong now seeing how the street vendor claims to have seen him.

This episode was a definite change of pace from the last few.

Why not just send
Mayuri back in time too?

The Tatami Galaxy Series Impressions Proper

EP 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

K4Px5Jq.gif

This is why I watch anime.

The Tatami Galaxy is not the conventional anime that many are accustomed to. It is a story of a young man searching for that rose-coloured college life that many strive for. However, that life is not easily achieved. If you were given a thousand opportunity to find that perfect life, would you be able to?

The nameless protagonist is a lonely college student, who speaks his thoughts in rapid succession, is tied by the bonds of fate to the cruelest person imaginable. Together with his only true friend and his worst nightmare they attempt to make the most of their drab life. The way the narrative is told is unlike anything I have seen before. The best way to describe it is the contemplations of a madman.

His actions demonstrate the many faults we have as human beings. The strive to better ourselves does not always lead to success and lethargy gets you nowhere. The fools looking for only the best are taken advantage of and those content with the ordinary may live the better life. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best course of action. Best to make your choice before you're trapped in an endless maze of possibilities.

This has to be said. The visuals in this anime are amazing. You'll never see anything like this in any other entertainment medium. Each scene had a specific colour palette to set the mood and tone. The warped imaginings of the sexually deprived were hilarious. The mix of real world cinematography with animation was well done and they managed to capture the essence of an animated character in the real world without looking silly or out of place.

This anime was brilliant and will probably be a favorite of mine for a good long while. Would recommend.

Veitsev

Steins;Gate 15
Why not just send
Mayuri back in time too?

Remember that Okabe is the only person with an enhanced Reading Steiner ability that allows him to clearly keep his memories across world lines. If Mayuri went back her memories would just be overwritten. Its also a little (lol) more complicated (Mayuri going back wouldn't solve this insanity even if she had Okabe's high level Reading Steiner) but that all gets explained later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom