• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Guardiola's defense attorney said the decision was made because the 41-year-old drama teacher was legally married to his 16-year-old student.

isiRmAKn0thP8.gif

zulux21

laughing under the clouds ep 1
not much to say here... wasn't a good first ep but not a bad one... will watch another.

Bahumat episode 1
I really don't get why this is getting praised in here... wasn't a bad ep and I will check out the next episode, but nothing about it wowed me.

Bahumat episode 1
I really don't get why this is getting praised in here... wasn't a bad ep and I will check out the next episode, but nothing about it wowed me.

I would hope that, even if you have some objection to the story and characters, anyone would at least be able to appreciate the immense amount of care and effort that has gone into the production.

zulux21

I would hope that, even if you have some objection to the story and characters, anyone would at least be able to appreciate the immense amount of care and effort that has gone into the production.

production values are nice, but don't really do much for me (i've never been swayed to continue a shoe based on production values alone). The music wasn't bad though.

Gugure! Kokkuri-san 1
Why would anyone do drugs when they could listen to the impeccable comedic delivery of OnoD and Ryo Hirohashi? The content's pretty dark, but it's also so absurd that I can't help but laugh uncontrollably. With some of the reactions in this thread I thought it was going to be a constant bummer, but it's really only like that for a few minutes in the last part of the episode (which got to me a bit considering I had just recently started living alone). Anyone who needs their comedy fix this season (which all of you clearly need considering what we've got this season) and likes some dark humor should check this out.

There are also some mofu bishis, if you're into that sort of thing.

Clov

Gugure! Kokkuri-san 1

Why would anyone do drugs when they could listen to the impeccable comedic delivery of OnoD and Ryo Hirohashi? The content's pretty dark, but it's also so absurd that I can't help but laugh uncontrollably. With some of the reactions in this thread I thought it was going to be a constant bummer, but it's really only like that for a few minutes in the last part of the episode (which got to me a bit considering I had just recently started living alone). Anyone who needs their comedy fix this season (which all of you clearly need considering what we've got this season) and likes some dark humor should check this out.

There are also some mofu bishis, if you're into that sort of thing.

I'm really tempted to check this one out, it seems really silly. I'll probably be watching Rage of Bahamut soon too, based on the great impressions.

Gugure! Kokkuri-san - Episode 1

With the impressions I saw in this thread, I thought it wasn't going to be very good. I will admit I thought Kohina's life was quite sad in the beginning, and the show had a sad tone again near the end, but the comedy still shone. Also, the fact that Kokkuri-san has Barakamon's Handa's voice actor makes it even better. So far it seems to be a decent comedy anime, with some dark humour.

The ending is pretty good too :p

Guardiola's defense attorney said the decision was made because the 41-year-old drama teacher was legally married to his 16-year-old student.
both the girl and her mother refused to cooperate with the investigation
Police said they received phone calls from other possible victims but the calls were anonymous and were not returned
Prior to police arresting Guardiola, but after the traffic stop, he, the girl, and her mother flew to Las Vegas where Guardiola married the 16-year-old.
What the fuck.

Pooya

ABP 1

It looks like another Kyoto anime, unmistakably so, like it has been since forever.

#teamfire

20120911_132264ejqqx.jpg

Accidents happen.

mankoto

Selector Spread WIXOSS 1
This episode was full of suffering. It truly hasn't changed a bit. The only reason why Chiyori and Eldora exists so the show doesn't appear downright gloomy 24/7.

So basically chuuni is douchebaggery?
Think of it as people who LARP. But all the time. So while it's not necessarily douchebaggery material, it's just a pain if you don't want to deal with it, and the person comes off weird from an outside look.

Midonin

Sailor Moon 43-44

So we have that episode that was redrawn by the fans, and the first episode where Kae Araki (who would later go on to be Chibiusa, as well as Hikari in Digimon) takes over Kotono Mitsuishi's role as the title character for a little bit due to maternity leave. The first episode was a fun reversal of the heroes playing a trick on the villains for once, and the second one was another burst of exposition and the start of the endgame. Though one element that was in the toku version (
Beryl was in love with Endymion
) doesn't seem to be present here. I'm pretty excited for the endgame. With this, and me set to wrap up CCS pretty soon, I feel like I'm really up to date on my magical girl history. And that's not even counting the more obscure series I have yet to watch.

Defuser

Welp, never did I thought I'll see a fully naked girl showing her rear naked ass in a KyoAni show. Kyoani has officially fallen and deprived. RIP

Clov

Welp, never did I thought I'll see a fully naked girl showing her rear naked ass in a KyoAni show. Kyoani has officially fallen and deprived. RIP

That's pretty surprising for a recent KyoAni show, but it's not like they've never done anime with fanservice like that before. The DVD/BD version of TSR had some nudity in it, and Haruhi was filled with fanservice too.

Still, that's not very like KyoAni's more recent work. I hope this doesn't mark a change in their direction. For all the criticism they get, I've liked the majority of their work.

Dresden

We got Hyouka. It's all been downhill since then and it won't stop.

This is like America after Great President Reagan stepped down.

Mature

Mysterious Joker/Kaito Joker/JOKER - 1
StLiEEa.png

This was great! Though its a fundamentally different show, it managed to be superior to Magic Kaito 1412 in nearly every way. It's colors, animation and overall design were very pleasant and attractive. Despite being a show aimed at kids, I had a few laughs throughout. I sort of hope they don't make it a new theft every week type of show; i'd love to see sitcom-esq episodes with just the main cast on their airship. Dai Sato delivers!

cajunator

Banned

Wheres the part where you forbid me to watch it lest I squee incessantly?

Steins;Gate - 17

Oh wow.

Damn...

So in order to save Mayuri, they have to get the IBN back, which means undoing all the D-mails they sent. Simple right?

Nope. Turns out the D-mail Faris sent saved her father's life. And now they had to undo it to save Mayuri's.

;_;

So, this also means that they're gonna have to turn Ruka back into a boy doesn't it?

Yeah there are some tough decisions to be made ahead. But thats not the whole story either.

Nobody licensed Kotoura-san yet?

I did Amazon (when it was $70) because I can use Bing Rewards to get $5 gift cards to help pay for it until it comes out in December.

I wish :(
Kotoura san was a cute show. Aside from creepy grandfather maybe.

Steins;Gate - 18

Not as strong as the previous episodes, but still pretty darn all right. The Faris and Hashida stories were much stronger, IMO.

Now all they have to do is
reverse Shining Finger's D-Mail.

Not much else to say but those hands of theirs are burning red! Their load roars tells Okabe to change the past, along with the future!

Eheheheheheee

I don't know who to blame more: Kazuo Koike or Johannes Krauser II

Its all Umetsu's fault and you know it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom