• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

lol at the people who claimed that the magazine artworks for Amagi weren't accurate.

KyoAni delievered more than enough fanservice in the first episode.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm a bit disappointed if that's true. I'd have expected them to change up the source material a bit (since recently they've done that a lot). I'll have to watch it myself to fully judge.

On another note, I watched the FSN prologue last night. Loved it! The fight scene was fantastic! I hope that the rest of the anime can keep up the quality.

Amagi Brilliant Park episode 01

It's okay, watchable, but you know, since it's Kyoani i expected more, and i don't really like princess voice.
But since Fire is pretty moe i will keep watching at least few more episode.

And i feel some people will not happy with this show...

Akame ga Kill! Theater 14

2934387600.jpg

0e5f915daa.jpg

7f9a09d7e0.jpg

3cbd63339c.jpg

a2c2b0df06.jpg

Better then the actual show

Love, Election and Chocolate 05

Figures, doujinshi, fanfic and cosplay. Seems more like a convention than an election...

At least this episode was amusing, unlike most of the other times they've tried to do some comedy.

jgminto

Merman Bathtub Show 1

Nobody told me this was a 5 minute show. It seems pretty well paced so far so I'll continue watching even though the jokes are merely "pleasant". This would be pretty hot if he had legs though.

phaze

GAR(O) #1

So, how many episodes until daddy kicks the bucket.

I say 8.

Is this one or two cour show ? 9 in first case, 12 in second.

Garo 01

Most impressive childbirth I've ever seen.

Can't say I'm very impressed. Not liking the angular character designs nor the 2 monsters they showed off here. The generic evil advisor as the main villain doesn't bode well for the future either. CG wasn't terrible but it's really not what I watch anime for. Will watch second ep to see more of the kid.

Bahamut 1
The main characters seem interesting and the settings worked pretty well with the action. This demon girl seems pretty interesting as well.

Nanatsu no Taizai - 01

No, this is not for me. I could barerly keep interest, I was watching stuff on my second monitor most of the time. I think I went in with the wrong expectations. Felt very Bleach/Fairy Tail

Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de 01

Well that was certainly better than my initial impression of the show. While none of their powers are all that unusual I still found their use of them amusing. Poor guy has a useless power but no doubt its going to have some hyper-specific use that is useful only one time in the show and that will be his shining moment.

I'm enjoyed that and look forward to more.

Inou Battle 1

That was pretty meh. Tropey characters, idiot male MC, and just sorta uninteresting. The character designs and art style is nice though. I like the way the eyes are drawn. At least there seems to be a semblance of a plot hinted towards the end of the episode so 3 episode rule I guess.

Soma

Inou Battle thing Ep 1

So the Trigger show has less fanservice than the KyoAni show this season.

What strange times we live in.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I gave a lecture today on Laura Mulvey and the concept of the Male Gaze. I have no idea if anyone here would be interested in the subject, but I'd be curious to see what people might think about the content, especially since I bring it up in passing here once in a while.

If you are already familiar with the subject, do you think I cover enough of the basics? If you aren't, do you understand Mulvey by the end of the slides (well, by the end of the first half anyway)?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ja3b08iqg90q6k/Seminar 4.pptx?dl=0

I also recorded myself giving this lecture, but I don't know if I can handle putting that online. lol

Narag

So I gave a lecture today on Laura Mulvey and the concept of the Male Gaze. I have no idea if anyone here would be interested in the subject, but I'd be curious to see what people might think about the content, especially since I bring it up in passing here once in a while.

If you are already familiar with the subject, do you think I cover enough of the basics? If you aren't, do you understand Mulvey by the end of the slides (well, by the end of the first half anyway)?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ja3b08iqg90q6k/Seminar 4.pptx?dl=0

I also recorded myself giving this lecture, but I don't know if I can handle putting that online. lol

It could have been the first animegaf podcast

Rage of Bahamut: Genesis Episode 1 Encounter Wytearp

Wasnt going to watch but the lead looked intriguing so I decided too. Was not disappointed. I think the soundtrack is the most impressive and memorable part to the anime outside of that. Will keep watching.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It could have been the first animegaf podcast
An hour and a half of 3-4 people berating firehawk into watching good anime, it'd be true to the thread at least.
Round table of elevator pitches and he picks one to watch like a game show.
The anime podcast will be recorded to celebrate the release of the Last Guardian.
Why must you hurt me so?

You guys should just do a Strike Witches podcast already.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I still feel guilt that the SAO podcast never materialised because I just ended up being too busy during that period (I had to finish a course which basically sucked up all my free time). Not that there was much to talk about on a weekly basis to fill out a show. I think the lack of SAO talk here goes to show that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Male Gaze and Strike Witches, by firehawk12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom