• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Bahamut Genesis 10

How did Azeal even end up on that road LOL? A little exposition heavy but otherwise I thought this episode was excellent. I'm really curious what ends up happening with DEMON Favaro and Jeanne. I also hope Amira get another chance to kick some butt, I feel like she deserves it. We only have two episodes to go but it feels like three might have been better. Hopefully they land the ending - when they've needed to nail the pacing this show has shown itself to be very adept in the past so I have faith.

Jigen's Gravestone OVA

The bit with Fujiko in the club show was unneeded and made me feel kind of uncomfortable. Everything else about this was awesome though. Slick style, slick animation, reasonable and condense plot. I was surprised that Goemon never showed up but there were just enough characters to move the plot along so adding him would have only complicated things. When they did the big reveal on how the city worked and how the sniper was so good I had to roll my eyes a bit. "Your good with robots and bullets so it makes sense you could hook something up to your eye" - nah son messing with one's Optic nerve isn't some child's play, easy peasy casual thing to do. Also burning the Calamity File seemed pretty stupid even outside of a moral viewpoint (but at least they release the info about the Queen so East Dorara should at least get some comeuppance).

Who was the old dude at the end watching Lupin & Jigen over video feed?

Quasar

hABvsqN.png

I should watch WIXOSS.

Me too. I never had any interest, but I like Okada's brand of crazy.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
rip majin bone and bahamut

Fuck me, I'm the only Majin Bone stan in AnimeGAF who isn't DTL and even I momentarily forgot it was a TCG show.

To its credit, this is probably because there are no actual card battles and the cards in-show are simply adapted into henshin objects.

wonzo

Banned
Fuck me, I'm the only Majin Bone stan in AnimeGAF who isn't DTL and even I momentarily forgot it was a TCG show.

To its credit, this is probably because there are no actual card battles and the cards in-show are simply adapted into henshin objects.
it's p. much like aikatsu but with bad cg battles instead of decent cg dancing

madp

The Light of El Cantare
it's p. much like aikatsu but with bad cg battles instead of decent cg dancing

if you can believe it the CG actually got better as the show went on. Lots of dynamic camerawork, good choreography, improved lighting, and lifelike gestures. I promise this isn't toei stockholm syndrome

Ventara

Sword Art Online 2 Episode 11

Still in the cave, Kirito Holmes and Sinon Watson figure out how Death Gun kills people irl, while we get lots of shots of Sinon's ass. Why am I so obsessed with Sinon's ass? I don't know. Anyways, having figured out how Death Gun is killing people leads us to the conclusion that there's some creep standing over Sinon's real body, ready to kill her that moment Death Gun shoots her. He's probably groping her, too. They even provide us with some imagery.

NaMt0Av.png

Can you guess who represents Sinon and who represents the creep?

We cut scenes to Asuna and the gang, who are clued in to the situation. Asuna decides to head to Kirito's side irl. Perhaps we'll find some creep standing over Kirito as well?

Oh, and it looks like Kirito is an ass man.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 10:

For all of their efforts were valiant, But the future refused to change.Honestly, this is the shot in the arm the series needed as Amira gets the emotional climax with her mother that might have just elevated this series up to top 10 material. Also, everybody gets a demonic heel tern and oh hey we finally get some motivation and agency from Rita. I do admit I am not sure why Beelzebub want to revive Bahamut since such a thing will destroy everybody but I guess we need to get the big guy unlocked somehow.

wonzo

Banned
if you can believe it the CG actually got better as the show went on. Lots of dynamic camerawork, good choreography, improved lighting, and lifelike gestures. I promise this isn't toei stockholm syndrome
damn i really need to catch up. did murata end up doing any more cuts outside of than one episode?

e:

btw all anime fans owe themselves to read shintaro "BASED KAGO" kago's harem end asap

Itou Seita was supposed to be an ordinary college student, but suddenly he found himself in an anime-like situation when 5 girls -- alien, little sister, childhood friend, tsundere, and fiance -- showed up in his apartment and decided to start living with him. Is this your typical harem or is there something else going on behind the scenes?

A formerly popular but now disgraced and unemployed seiyuu/idol Hira**** Aya gets a generous proposal to voice the lead part, magical girl Killemall, in a mysterious animation company production. But is that company harboring certain secrets?

Finally, how do these two stories connect together to lead to a perfect harem ending?

Also, contains 5 extra short stories.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If I could take just a moment to remind everyone exactly what kind of show selector infected WIXOSS is:

This show basically amounts to an endless sequence of fakeouts where the girls think that they have a grasp on the rules of the game and immediately have the rug pulled out from under them. In a sense, with this episode it's officially ascended to a higher plane of trolling than Madoka Magica, the show that it liberally borrows from for several plot points, even dared attempt.

Ruko, who for the entire show has struggled to find a wish to be granted in the event that she becomes an Eternal Girl, finally comes to the same conclusion that Madoka did given the fact that the entire system is rigged to fuck over everyone after they make their wish: WHY DOESN'T SOMEBODY JUST WISH FOR ALL OF THE LRIGs TO BE FREED FROM THEIR CARDS?

Yuzuki doesn't even take a moment to shoot this idea down. According to the Goddess of WIXOSS, Yuzuki explains, wish-granting power is not omnipotent. Only a wish that, through whatever means, is technically possible through human power can be granted. Consequently, Meguca-ing your way out of the situation, even at the cost of self-sacrifice, can't happen, because fuck you I've got a monopoly on the magic around here.

HOWEVER, saith the WIXOSS goddess, there are LRIGs that may or may not have special powers and I'm not telling you who or what because that would ruin the rest of the show. Everyone concludes that Tama, Ruko's LRIG, is probably one because she has brain problems and is improbably moe. Ruko, being the Meguca, still decides that she's going to attempt the wish even though she has no idea what will happen.

Ruko's resolve solidifies after this hilarious Okada moment:

http://a.pomf.se/xmphru.webm

Because no one in an Okada show can ever have a healthy home life. Ruko walks in on this and is like "fuck it, I'm better off whether I save everybody or get erased by evil TCG magic."

Since I haven't mentioned where the climax is headed yet, Iona, the purported STRONGEST WIXOSS PLAYER and fashion model battle bitch who defeated Ruko's crazy model stalker only to then mindfuck Ruko by making Ruko worry that she somehow enjoyed playing the game TOO MUCH, has organized a clandestine WIXOSS tournament at none other than the under-construction tower that Ruko has been having freaky visions of since the first episode. Iona's plan is born of two motivations: she a.) something something godhood, and b.) just wants to get this shit over with. Ruko, sharing Motivation B and wanting to get her wish granted as quickly as possible, attends the tournament.

Of course, after her first win, her next opponent is--SHOCKU--Hitoe, putting her in the situation of either bowing out of the tournament or pushing Yuzuki one of the three steps toward oblivion. Ruko cries about WIXOSS not being fun anymore but decides to play anyway, because let's face it, this is Yuzuki's fault anyway. Episode end.

phaze

Shingeki no Bahamut 10

Goddamn it Rita, you were supposed to prevent that. Yet another God loving woman seduced by XXI century bras. RIP.

Thought it was a very good episode. The story leaped forwards but not in a nonsensical fashion like in the ep before. Amira embracing her mother was a touching moment with some sublime music. Though I have to say, I've got no idea what happened there at the end,
why did the mother just evaporate ?

Prototype

Just finished Kill la Kill! Loved every episode.

I read on the wiki there is an OVA. don't think it's on crunchy roll or netflix though. Will have to find out.

I eagerly await Trigger's next Anime.

Mushishi 11

Much better than the previous episode. A village where babies are left in the wilderness because the women are incredibly fertile... There are other solutions besides dumping them for the wildlife to eat.

wonzo

Banned
ronja 11

ronja11.jpg

i guess there's a monster lurking around the old prison or something as there's no other reason they'd not bother to clear it out after the strike.

Inou Battle 10

Stupid Hatoko being the nice girl like that isn't going to get you anywhere. Oh look Tomoyo
snuck in there and to the summer festival with MC. gg no re Hatoko.

~wan

phaze

Inou Battle 10

Stupid Hatoko being the nice girl like that isn't going to get you anywhere. Oh look Tomoyo

~wan

You had to trade one of best avs on gaf for this monstrosity ...

My wandolences.

TUSR

Banned
Something something trigger saved anime etc

thanks man, appreciate it

Inou Battle 10

~wan

AOTS
if shirobako didnt exist

You had to trade one of best avs on gaf for this monstrosity ...

My wandolences.

narag is a bully

wonzo

Banned
gochuumon was usagi desu ka 6

there's something about the sardonic wit intertwined with the nerd humor and this amalgamation of japan and western europe that has me hooked. i bet it's got something to do with all these bunnies…

recorder to randoseru mi ova
wow it really is an even shittier version of yoiko with the genders flipped. makes me legit mad imazaki was reduced to working on this series ._.

fertygo

Latest episode of Ace of Diamond made me hyped and grinning like child at the end of episode.. felt amazing to can able rooting for the protagonist even in fiction.

Cluctch city is coming for motherfucking Eijun.. ridiculous atmosphere build up for the climax

DiGiKerot

Inou Battle 10

~wan

Yup, best girl totally got one over on Hatoko.

I'm talking about Mirei stealing her power, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom