• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Full Shin Sekai Yori/ From the New World Spoilers

Yuki Yuna becomes pretty great at episode 5. Twintails is amazing.

5 episodes is a loooong way to go. Maybe if it finishes on a strong note. Twintails is hmmmmm absurd, even more than I thought it would be.
Well, bolded my responses. Mostly my opinion or how I saw things, though, so don't take it as fact.

I believe they provided proof immediately, or at least soon after. So, in a way, the implications of providing proof and leaving Maria alive long enough to give birth aren't exactly pleasant...

Yeh exactly what I thought too, that entire affair was extremely uncomfortable to think about.

x_o

[QUOTE
]I just assumed that it was another consequence of their culture, to not meet with other districts or societies unless absolutely necessary. More interactions with "other" groups could increase chances of negative stuff.
[/QUOTE]

For me, given their need to heavily control their kids and the surrounding Queerat colonies, some central authority or even just broad cooperation makes more sense than voluntary seclusion. And none of the main characters have even asked about the world outside.

I like your responses to his questions and really I dont have much more to add other than I agree with the majority of it.I feel like the show deliberately left some things unanswered to keep the mystery right to the very end. I dont think
Saki would have been able to change the way the society functions anyway, because it HAS to be done in this way for the sake of human survival. It was seen as even more essential after the events of this story, but perhaps maybe people will be dispatched more humanely than hunted down with big cats. Thats kind of horrible.
Characters who attempted to change the status quo.

Shun, Maria, Tomiko, Squealer, Kiromaru.

There will be no change. Saki will just accept her society as it is while hoping for the best

I'm quite fine with such state of things, it's just that the the general vibe of the ending seemed to imply a change for the better. I suppose one can chalk that up to Saki deluding herself.

The Devil Is a Part-Timer! 03

nWS1Rk5.jpg

That's his true form then.

The devil goes on a date with a girl who can hear voices from the other world, and there's some other enemy who targets both the devil and the hero.

cajunator

Banned
The Devil Is a Part-Timer! 03

That's his true form then.

The devil goes on a date with a girl who can hear voices from the other world, and there's some other enemy who targets both the devil and the hero.

If you like this show, Yuusibu is another fun one, though not quite as good.
But Fino is super cute so it doesnt matter.

Welp Bahamut pulled another after credits scene. And a pretty crucial one at that. Will never get used to that.

Yeh, somehow I even missed it at first despite thinking "oh man, why is the ED playing already, there's so much time left... - oh well *ends video*

/XX/

Gainax's Houkago no Pleiades TV anime - Spring 2015
Cool! I found it strange at first because that project was first teased at TAF 2013 as a movie... oh well, Shōji Saeki is still a loyal GAiNAXer with the most experience so I suppose he would still be at the helm. But just one thing to add, please; more animation climaxes done by Megumi Kōno are needed on this world! :)

cajunator

Banned
This year has been fucking amazing for anime releases.
Just out of nowhere so many huge series on bluray.
I wonder when this will happen again ever?

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 35

I wish they would stop trying to make Sora seem like a bad guy. Though I wonder what his ties are into the other XYZ folks and Fusion folks. It seems he only knows half of the story due to the card fate but not Ruri or the future of destruction of sorts. Hopefully he wont turn out to be wholly antagonistic. He is one of the best fighters due to belonging to the Fusion school.

Wanted him to Win against Yuuto

Noragami - 08

Woah Yukine experiences school life and then goes on a rampage, calm down son. He finally realizes that what he wants the most can never be his. Now I'm no ayakashi expert but it seems kinda lame that this war god can't endure a boys emotions, and gets infected as a result.
The bully story with the other kid was interesting, I liked Yato's teaching. Kofuku and Bisha getting on each others nerves.. I like it.

FS/N UBW 10

-The translation of the initial scene feels very clunky. That, or the original writing is even more awful than I imagined.
Also Archer is as edgy as Shirou.
-Where is Lancer, btw? He was the first to appear, but after the initial fight, he had gone missing.
-Shirou white knighting.
-There is something about Shirou and Archer. They have ore scenes together and weird flashbacks that him with Saber or Toshaka with Archer.
-Toshaka goes to fight without her Servant, leaving him at home. Again. Great idea.
-Shirou being, again, kind of stupid and all warrior of justice.
-...well, what's the point of summoning Servants if Master can own them that way lol :p. I suppose this was an exception as Caster was the one who buffed him.
-Bah. The bad guy should have killed them. Given the previous showing, his body should have been badly maimed or crushed, but no he is ok with a bit of blood on the mouth. And of course the bad guy will stand still while the MC talks, and power ups, even if he can be super mega fast and kill you while the MC says just one word.
And super power up, of course, him being the MC. And even if he summon super swords, he handled them better than Saber???
-Now, now that the MC is weak, attack bad guy! ...nope, that's when he chooses to withdraw. Of course.
-Let's see if old Archer improves this.

Yona of the Dawn Episode 11 - The Dragon's Claw

Funniest episode of the anime thus far. I can never get tired of all four playing around with each other and the jokes. Too many jokes that are too funny made it a funny episode.

Strike Witches: Operation Victory Arrow 01

Few years ago i don't even understand these planes name, only watch this for pantsu...girls i mean

Now i fully understand what are they talking about and even know why Erica don't like jets, thanks to warthunder i guess lol?

Dem
0i6Cspz.png

Too bad Schnaufer did not fight in this OVA
9bAdEw6.jpg

And can't wait next OVA because there will be Marseille and Yeager

YUKI YUNA IS A HERO 1

Not particularly impressed. Feels like Madoka x Gatachaman ripoff and the "cute girls doing cute things" levels are suffocating. Might give it another watch.

Yay, another Yuki Yuna watcher! =D

Just give it some time, the show may surprise you in what it does.

Ventara

Sword Art Online 2 Episode 12

Some nice action going down in this episode. Kirito using his supersonic hearing to sense enemies and dodge silent bullets. Sinon and Death Gun take out each other's sniper guns in a very cool shot as the bullets pass by each other. So now it's a sword fight between Kirito and Death Gun, who's game name, Sterben, means "death." The guy really wants to shove the point down our throats, doesn't he? lol Oh, and apparently Kirito can't remember Death Gun's real name because, wait for it, he doesn't know his real name! What a twist!

Anyways, Death Gun has some mad sword skills and is pushing back Kirito, though of course Kirito will turn the tables next episode in some spectacular fashion. I wonder if the unaccounted for player will make an appearance? Will they be an ally of Death Gun?

edit: ^ lolol

Nagi no Asukara - 01

I'm afraid this is going to be one of those moe shows trying too damn hard to appeal to your feelings but let's see.

So far we got a somewhat generic, brash MC, a bunch of love triangles already and a partial school setting but also a fantasy world that may prove to be interesting, nice visuals and a fish-on-the-knee curse which is just about the best way to torture a middle school pupil. Also the nice surface-guy sure is one smooth talker. Manaka really is in heat alright.

Theonik

Strike Witches: Operation Victory Arrow 01

Few years ago i don't even understand these planes name, only watch this for pantsu...girls i mean

Now i fully understand what are they talking about and even know why Erica don't like jets, thanks to warthunder i guess lol?

And can't wait next OVA because there will be Marseille and Yeager
Yesssss

Narag

Cowboy Bebop 7

I used to think this was one of the weatker episodes but it really isn't, it's just different. It indulges in a bit of world building as we see the culture of the space truckers and get a story mostly centered around VT as the usual gang acts in more of a supporting character role. Creating the game around her name was brilliant as it creates a sense of intrigue about her even if she is a one-off character while the show also succeeded in what it does so well (showing, not telling) when one could see the buy-in price as opposed to the pot and realize just how long the game had been going on.

Yona of the Dawn 11

Loving all the banter between the characters as the party grows. Best characters of the season for me.
nice to read that the blanter doesn't go down. It's something i really like in this show.

I just got this in the mail today. I didn't see any other posts of it, but sorry if it has already been posted!

It's here!

ibgbcGv3imkp4a.JPG

I'll finally get to watch it for the first time!

you guys are reminding me that i need to look for something similar in my blu-ray region.

Firemind

Why? I've only watched anime for a little over 2 years now.

I thought generally people start with the high and work their way down like a true addiction.

Cowboy Bebop 7

I used to think this was one of the weatker episodes but it really isn't, it's just different. It indulges in a bit of world building as we see the culture of the space truckers and get a story mostly centered around VT as the usual gang acts in more of a supporting character role. Creating the game around her name was brilliant as it creates a sense of intrigue about her even if she is a one-off character while the show also succeeded in what it does so well (showing, not telling) when one could see the buy-in price as opposed to the pot and realize just how long the game had been going on.

That episode preview of episode seven is hilarious tho. I ain't even mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom