• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risette

A Good Citizen
An argument could be made for the latter half of Hyouka being the best.
The first half is easily the worst.
Misaki comes into the picture along with Irisu and the show improved dramatically.
Also, stuff actually happened.
Unless mundane mysteries about locked doors and ice cream are exciting.
Stuff happens throughout the show.
Yuusuke Matsuo did a far better job of adapting Huke's designs for animation than anybody else has.
He improved it, even. Huke's art is pretty bland and bad once you strip away the tacky filters.

Gintama 180

dvqhK.jpg

God damn, Sunrise. Going all out art-wise in this arc aren't you.

The art was amazing this episode. The action was as well. Just a simple style shift did wonders for the fight and how great it looked.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I've got a feeling that Robotics;Note is going to be sleeper hit this season.

No clue how it'll sell really, but it's a great show so far.

fertygo

Robotic; Notes isn't exactly a sleeper, but I'm sure its will live the hype in the end.
That CG wasn't in the game, though, was it? I can only remember the brown hair as displayed here

Yeah that one not from the game, but there's few of them that she have red hair in the game CG.

Tomat

Was it hyped? I was under the impression that everyone was pretty underwhelmed by the VN and the anime so far.

cajunator

Banned
Kino's Journey doesn't really look great. I really like it but not for the art.

I love love love Kino's art style.
It was incredibly unique yet simple design.
It really worked perfectly for the type of show it was.
I am referring to the lined filter though.
I don't know what they were going for there but it worked well imo.

Noirulus

Was it hyped? I was under the impression that everyone was pretty underwhelmed by the VN and the anime so far.

That's a shame, I was quite excited for the VN despite the illusion-esque 3D models.

Yeah that one not from the game, but there's few of them that she have red hair in the game CG.

I just checked 'em all, but I'll take your word for it as I may have missed some. :p

Robotics;notes 3

Th best episode so far. Character interaction between Aki and Kaito felt much improved and Kaito proved he can be an endearing asshole. Interested to see whats up with Aki's sister and the corporation she works for. Also want to know what the deal with the red aurora in the sky is.

Branduil

From the New World 5

i2lAx2b86tgKw.jpg

Squealer is moe.

A lot of interesting plot, and character development in this episode. I have a feeling that's going to get drowned out in discussion of the art style, though.

The visual style is undeniably unique. I liked a lot of the background art and art direction, although some shots had a digital filter effect which looked pretty bad. I was not as big of a fan of the stilted animation. I was in particular disappointed in the opening scene; I don't understand why it looked like this when we saw it in the very first trailer months ago, and the animation was undeniably superior. Why?

I felt like the direction was a bit confusing at times, especially during the action scenes.
The scene where Satoru blew up the caves was pretty hard to follow.
And I have no idea what happened during the last scene. It reminds me of Shigeyasu Yamauchi's work in Penguin Drum 18 with the pulley system that made no sense visually. It's nice to have a distinct visual style, but you should really make sure your visuals are coherent first.

I guess this sounds harsher than I actually feel. It was a good episode, I just don't think Yamauchi did the best job with the material.

Tomat

Well he's pretty much right.
Azunyan has no purpose other than decoration and panderbait in K-ON.
The show already had cute girls in it.
So they took something that was already panderbait and added more pandering to it?

Gotcha.

cajunator

Banned
There really is nothing to even suggest that
unless theres a bizarro K-On im unaware of

what? her purpose was to be the underclassman that gets left behind when they graduate
anything else is your imagination

Hey man I don't even like Azu.
Just callin it like it is.
Just look at what her fans think of her.

Uchip

Banned
Hey man I don't even like Azu.
Just callin it like it is.
Just look at what her fans think of her.

thats because you're only aware of the perverted fans, not unlike the disney threads on gaf
there are plenty of people that watch k-on without wanting to jerk it

Hyouka 20
another good episode,
favorite show I have watched since Dusk Maiden.
I have finally gotten over wanting it to be more serious or supernatural and just enjoying it for what it is.

wonzo

Banned
With that said, is the BRS OVA pretty decent?

I remember dropping the TV series like at episode 2 or something.
The OVA was actually pretty good and if there's one thing the TV series succeeded at other than making me howl with laughter, it was making me appreciate the OVA far more than I originally did.

The thing is 5pb never said it was a sequel to Steins;Gate but the fans thought it was which they brought it upon themselves.
It technically takes place in the same universe as the other ; games but it really doesn't matter.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I've got a feeling that Robotics;Note is going to be sleeper hit this season.

No clue how it'll sell really, but it's a great show so far.
No, Tomat! They got you too.
The thing is 5pb never said it was a sequel to Steins;Gate but the fans thought it was which they brought it upon themselves.
If they were not remotely related why would they use the ";" branding?

I'm not even sure there is enough to judge how similar it is to the other 5pb products yet. Whatever conspiracy angle the main plot becomes centered on has only been hinted at so far.

No, Tomat! They got you too.

If they were not remotely related why would they use the ";" branding?
They are related, the first episode even had a bunch of references to other ; products. And beyond the shared world, it's an otaku focused show about weird science and conspiracies, just like Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate.

Grzi

I don't think anyone expected Robotics; Notes to be the sequel to Steins; Gate, it's just that since Steins; Gate was so much better than Chaos; Head and showed a certain rise in the quality of their works, people expected 5pb's newest story (Robotics; Notes) to be of equal quality at least.
At least that's what I expected, and I'm still hoping it won't disappoint. :(

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 4

Nearly every line in this episode was overdramatic. I love it. Even mundane training became epic thanks to everyone screaming.

And then crazy shit actually happened in the last quarter or so. This pacing is seriously amazing. I was expecting this to only be a training episode, but we a full fight as well, and an entertaining one at that.

And what's great is next episode will be even better. Too bad about the censorship though. Starting to get a bit obtrusive even if I can still tolerate it.

Jojo 4
This episode is an overload of camp, the dialogue is incredibly silly when spoken, but it somehow works and continues to be entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom