• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Psycho Pass

h5WFEl.jpg

Also, what a random reference. Of course, now all I can think of is that stupid Keanu Reeves movie.

What's more important to notice about this reference is that he's holding what appears to be a floppy disc. What.

duckroll

What's more important to notice about this reference is that he's holding what appears to be a floppy disc. What.

I guess it's the same with the old ceiling fans, and the ventilation casing fans, and a lot of the other random pieces of the setting in the show. I think they're just trying a bit too hard for the retro-cyberpunk feel where it looks like the far future viewed from the perspective of the 80s or something.

cajunator

Banned
I guess it's the same with the old ceiling fans, and the ventilation casing fans, and a lot of the other random pieces of the setting in the show. I think they're just trying a bit too hard for the retro-cyberpunk feel where it looks like the far future viewed from the perspective of the 80s or something.

I did notice a bit of that too.
The whole thing with dragging internet cable down the hallway seemed really old fashioned as well.

Floppy discs are so vintage, Jexhius. Get with the times.
No love for Kaito Kid? Damn.
I'm sure he's an upstanding chap, but good lord I just want to stick that hat up his butt and shove him in a locker.

edit:
Defuser said:
I know it's not intentional from A1 but it's too distracting.
Someone's forgotten about episode 5.

Jex

I've heard the opinion that the prequel material is vastly inferior to the main work, some of it even retconning elements of the original's story. I don't think I can let my palate get contaminated with anything less than fabulous now that I have tasted the delight of Reinhard's wise and just ruling. It's also the reason I'm having trouble to watch any of the animes I have scheduled for my Saturday watching, including Jojo.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: A Hundred Billion Stars, A Hundred Billion Lights is pretty good but I haven't checked out much of Spiral Labyrinth yet.

Grzi

Sword Art Online - 17

The art was much better than last week which is good. Everything else was pretty much as could be expected, no surprises, the imouto stuff was dumb as fuck, but we all knew it was going to happen.
Using the names Oberon and Titania was a nice touch, and yeah, the reason I know the reference is because I played the SMT games.

Wiseblade

Bored Art Online 17

Yep, It's going full on Rescue Arc with the omnipresent threat of virtual rape to raise the stakes!

ibfGjy7WabQEcx.gif

Brojo's Bizarre Adventure 4

Speedwagon withdrawing coolly and Zeppeli's introduction were fun enough, but Jack the Ripper's intro was botched.

The censorship is only going to get worse as things go on. At this rate, the final battle's going to look like a chapter of Bleach. And that's to say nothing about Part 2...

wsippel

Banned
I haven't watched this, but you are making me want to.
Just by pics alone I would go with red or silver as best girl.
You should, the show is way better than it has any right to be. Biggest surprise of the season. It's so cliched, so full of class A trolling and so over the top that it almost feels like a harem parody at this point.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 04
Speed Wagon knows. He always knows.

Thank God the training montage was done with quickly. And that fight was so fucking masculine. Not to mention Jojo's classiness rivals that of Reinhard von Lohengramm.

sonicmj1

Oh, good sir, it only looks like a floppy disk.

I could be talking out of my ass here, but the glass-looking element in the middle makes me think it's some form of holographic storage.

article_img.jpg

Of course, it being represented that way means they're definitely going for a cyberpunk vibe.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Space Brothers 29
There's still a lack of purposefulness around Mutta's character arc, but at least all this waiting around is giving the writers freedom to tackle some nice issues regarding his inferiority complex.
I also thought it was kinda weird how the mom is just now accepting the fact that his son is going into space. You would think Hibito would have talked to them about the dangers of space travel before.

Articalys

More Saki, coming your way!
According to a tweet from the official Saki anime account , a new season of Saki was announced. The new series titled Saki: Zenkoku-hen (National Championship) will be the sequel to the first season.
Director Manabu Ono, assistant director Kenji Seto, head scriptwriter Tatsuhiko Urahata, and character designer/chief animation director Masakatsu Sasaki are all returning from the first two Saki television anime series. Studio Gokumi is animating the upcoming anime as it did for Saki Episode of Side A.
Also, Achiga episode 13 is scheduled for airing on AT-X sometime in December, and there's an Achiga PSP game in the works.

Here's a PV for everything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G60KY1kaPs

Grzi

What dude? Winter looks boring. The only one that appeals to me is Amnesia which looks fantastic. All the others literally look exactly the same. Senyuu maybe worth checking out and that train hero and maybe the red haired investigator. So glad lots is continuing to winter.

Perfect time to finally watch Sengoku Basara, eh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom