• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Should I create a thread on that? Pretty nervous making one based on some weird radar stuff.

Sorry for non-anime.

Nah. It's probably just the beginning of the end of the world.

The Mayans and all that.

(It's probably a glitch in that website.)

Bleach 277

Totally felt like that first 5 minutes was some recap plus new material mixed in so that you would have no idea what the hell was going on.

Also, that Starrk and feeling up his loli in gun form.
What slow pacing, (than again Eureka Seven is even slower) I can't see how people could watch these weekly. 13 Weeks until one of my favorite moments in the arc, it was so good. Ive rewatched that scene countless times. One of Aizens best moments.

A while ago, I asked for recommendations of anime that didn't take place in a high school (like seemingly every series), and I wanted to thank whoever it was that recommended Nana and Genshiken. For about 4 days, I pretty much did nothing but watch the entire series of Nana and Genshiken. It's been a very long time since I've been absorbed into a series like that. lol Nana got a little annoying near the end, though.

I've also come to realize that I have a thing for the whole "group of friends/coworkers/acquaintances who are always together" type of show, especially like Genshiken or (an American example) Futurama. Maybe that sounds weird...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm gonna assume they both receive feed from the same satellite and the glitch is up there. This doesn't seem to be gaining any news traction in any Mexican news outlet.

Then again, it's Sunday morning.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was worried, for a moment, about the lack of 'rage' posts for SAO but I can always count on Firehawk12. A true believer in #hatewatch.
Something has to make up for Red Dwarf series 10 being good!

This season is boring, so as usual let's put all our hopes on next season (v.1):

Clicky link if you so incline.
I guess Susume's Mountain is pure :firehawk bait.
There's also Minami-Ke S4 I suppose.

There's nothing really inexplicable about it. You know that harem shows are popular wish fufillment fantasies? What would happen if you combined that with a sweet videogame? Then you'd get like, double the popularity man!
That's the thing though, even by harem standards it's really bad. But then again, people like Retro City Rampage and Ready Player One, so... fuck nerd culture I guess.

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne! - 04

http://i.imgur.com/KaaP1.png

http://i.imgur.com/pqjCY.png (NSFW)
http://i.imgur.com/d1JU3.png (NSFW)

http://i.imgur.com/1g0Ud.png

SDBurton's recovery time: Out for the season
I told you this episode had yurishit. :p

What's more important to notice about this reference is that he's holding what appears to be a floppy disc. What.
Oh, good sir, it only looks like a floppy disk.

I could be talking out of my ass here, but the glass-looking element in the middle makes me think it's some form of holographic storage.

http://images.bit-tech.net/news_images/2008/04/inphase-launches-holographic-storage/article_img.jpg

Of course, it being represented that way means they're definitely going for a cyberpunk vibe.
And I was going to suggest that Sony made a comeback and we're looking at a minidisc. lol

More Saki, coming your way!
Also, Achiga episode 13 is scheduled for airing on AT-X sometime in December, and there's an Achiga PSP game in the works.

Here's a PV for everything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G60KY1kaPs
Man, at least those bonus episodes are still coming. In fact, now I hope that this is some Marvel Initiative level shit and that the bonus episodes will tie directly into S2 of Saki. Then you need a mega-season of Saki that combines the two franchises for a final season that wraps everything up. lol

Westlo

SAO is averaging 8.6 on MAL. It's the best anime of anime of animation.

The scary part is that when a series finishes any scores from people who haven't watched a certain amount (at laest 25% IIRC) is ignored in the rankings! So all the people who dropped it within the first 5 episodes and gave it bad scores.. will no longer matter

9.0+ here we come, Kawahara winning like always.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The scary part is that when a series finishes any scores from people who haven't watched a certain amount (at laest 25% IIRC) is ignored in the rankings! So all the people who dropped it within the first 5 episodes and gave it bad scores.. will no longer matter

9.0+ here we come, Kawahara winning like always.
This is the reason I finish everything.

Defuser

Onii Chan yada yada yada ep 4
Poor Ginbei. What's worse than being stuck in a friendzone is being stuck in the best friendzone.

Articalys

Interesting -- according to UK Anime Network, even though Aniplex got the US license for Magi, it seems to be VIZ Media who's handling the home video side of things for the series. This might be a miscommunication, since Viz Media Europe picked it up three days ago, but there's no other sources for the story right now for a comparison.

Really we just have to wait until someone from VIZ comments on the issue.

cajunator

Banned
Should I create a thread on that? Pretty nervous making one based on some weird radar stuff.

Sorry for non-anime.

Its a glitch. I've seen weirder things on radar.

Interesting -- according to UK Anime Network, even though Aniplex got the US license for Magi, it seems to be VIZ Media who's handling the home video side of things for the series.

Awesome! So now they can drop it halfway just like they dropped Full Moon Wo Sagashite after 7 volumes, leaving it to WITHER AND DIE ALL ALONE UNFINISHED AND LONELY ON MY SHELF WHILE I CAN ONLY PONDER WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN.

Happy joy!

Defuser

Shin Yori Sekai ep 5
My god, the animation went for a fucking nose dive. Super painful to watch it.

Edit:
Man if that what almost happens to Saki and Satoru when under stress then Shun must be one lucky bastard for him to have threesome if the stress ever kicks in.

Edit 2 :
Hang on, Mamoru is not a girl?

Interesting -- according to UK Anime Network, even though Aniplex got the US license for Magi, it seems to be VIZ Media who's handling the home video side of things for the series.

That seems odd, the persons tweets say viz announced it, but when did they announce it? The only viz announcement was Viz Europe handling it there...

What about the Manga? Are Viz handling that too?

If viz had the manga they ought to have announced it at the conference two weeks ago among all their other manga announcements of Tiger & Bunny and a few other manga for 2013.

Hunter x Hunter 53
tumblr_mclc46NHU81rbjb6wo1_500.jpg

The episode went in a whole different direction than I was expecting, actually the whole arc.

I mean with the Zoldycks and Chrollo somehow working together and the fight being a draw. I thought it was actually going to be one to the death, not just the Chrollo working together with Illumi and Zeno and Silva knowing about it. Then to top it off the auction proceeding and no one having a clue about the dons being killed. What an elaborate and intricate scheme that somehow feels flawless. Togashi has really crafted an excellent story and it just took by surprise, completely from when we even say Illumi just walking up in that first scene to the ending moments of sadness. I dont even know what will even happen next or how Gon Killua and Kurapika will undercover this entire plan. Hisoka even cut off communication so that wont even provide a tip off. I need the next episode now.

I just want to give Kurapika a hug, poor dude so much sadness and depression.

duckroll

Interesting -- according to UK Anime Network, even though Aniplex got the US license for Magi, it seems to be VIZ Media who's handling the home video side of things for the series. This might be a miscommunication, since Viz Media Europe picked it up three days ago, but there's no other sources for the story right now for a comparision.

Might not be a mistake. IIRC, Blue Exorcist has a similar sort of arrangement no?

duckroll

Code:Breaker - Episode 4

More douchery, more justice, some SPECIAL FRIENDSHIP, and some more random crazy action. Yup, it's definitely Douche:Breaker! I don't think it was quite as good as last week's episode, but it was definitely more "shounen" this week. We're gearing up for the first "real" battle next week too. Fun times. The music remains a special sort of over the top. This is the shounen we deserve, and probably also the one we need right now. :p

Little Busters 4
tumblr_mclg05j7E81qzk4cro1_500.png

This episode just made me feel all happy and stuff. Who knew community service at an Retirement Community could be so good and enjoyable. Lots of good moments all around and Riki had it best, and Kyousuke, and Masato's muscle dance.

So many mysteries keep coming that I want explored still the secret of the world is the big one.

duckroll

Magi - Episode 4

This was pretty good. It's an outsourced episode, there are lower production values, and there are some very obvious visual shortcuts. But I enjoyed it quite a bit. It adapted the story well, and it didn't feel artificially rushed. It was nice seeing the events unfold, and Aladdin felt in-character for the first time in the anime so far. Some questionable music direction, but overall it was a good episode. Guess what? It's also the first episode Yoshino didn't write. Hopefully the first of... many.

Articalys

On that note:

Saimoe Quarter Final 3

1st 181 Kuro Matsumi @ Saki
2nd 178 Yuu Matsumi @ Saki

An even weaker turnout than yesterday, if that's even possible. I'm too depressed to even bother to post today's matchup image, so I'll just say it in normal text.

Shana @ Shakugan No Shana
vs.
Hisa Takei @ Saki

But again, who are we kidding, with the S2 announcement this isn't even a fair fight.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Calling it yurishit... you have fallen off the path of the righteousness. :(
I just want high quality yuri now!

Best news of the year!
:nopanburning

On that note:

Saimoe Quarter Final 3

1st 181 Kuro Matsumi @ Saki
2nd 178 Yuu Matsumi @ Saki

An even weaker turnout than yesterday, if that's even possible. I'm too depressed to even bother to post today's matchup image, so I'll just say it in normal text.

Shana @ Shakugan No Shana
vs.
Hisa Takei @ Saki

But again, who are we kidding, with the S2 announcement this isn't even a fair fight.

Hisa is going to win by virtue of being the fan favourite of the franchise. lol

cajunator

Banned
^ Those are all stills from the Madoka movie's new OP sequence, by the way.

I know this isn't cajunator's display case, but I'll bet he wishes it was:

Not really. I got the 5 GSC figures, and those were the ones I wanted. Also a certain very large figure is on the way in November...
Thats a nice case though. It seems to have the same overcrowding issue I am currently having though. Space is such a valuable commodity :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom