• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heartcatch
Heartcatch and Smile are the best two, with Heartcatch being the single best by lightyears. Fresh is uneven but has some good episodes, Futari wa is kind of interesting just for being the franchise originator, everything else I'd just recommend skipping if you're not hugely into it.
Heartcatch is apparently the best but smile is the cutest.
Heartcatch'll be my starter then, with Smile and others to follow if I enjoy it. Thanks folks.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
cajunator AnimeGAF, I need your advice. For some reason I've been watching Precure transformations for the last half hour. I've had a few mild heart attacks but my itch still isn't satisfied. Which (if any) of the Precure shows are worth watching?

Heartcatch is terrible. Watched a few episodes of it and its honestly really boring.

Go with Smile. Yayoi is the best.

cajunator AnimeGAF, I need your advice. For some reason I've been watching Precure transformations for the last half hour. I've had a few mild heart attacks but my itch still isn't satisfied. Which (if any) of the Precure shows are worth watching?

1- Splash star
2- heartcatch ..
3- futari wa + max
if you don't mind an unfinished serie , smile is watchable ..

In short , watch the 6th, 3th ,1st&2nd series ..or the current one

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Soodanim

If I was to say I liked Dragon Ball/Z and Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood and that I wanted something new to watch, what would Anime-GAF suggest?

Ixion Saga DT 4
This show sure is getting a ton of mileage out of the same joke, but it still got me to laugh a few times this episode, so I guess it's still working.

Gintama 193

hNDFj.jpg

Puns upon puns doesn't mean their cooking is any good.

Grzi

If I was to say I liked Dragon Ball/Z and Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood and that I wanted something new to watch, what would Anime-GAF suggest?

New as in ongoing? Magi, JoJo and perhaps Code:Breaker.

New as in recent? Fate/Zero and maybe Accel World

EDIT: Yeah, and the new Hunter X Hunter as well.

Jex

Did you enjoy it?
Not as bad as you thought it would be after the change of director, right?

Yasuhiro Imagawa's direction was undeniably better in every respect but the OVA as a whole was still extremely entertaining and fairly well made.

GRPhysics.jpg

Need I say more?

Soodanim

Have you seen Yu Yu Hakusho?
Aside from the most famous animes out there, I've heard of nothing. I'm a beginner in this game.
BLue Exorcist.
Guilty Crown

And for currently running stuff.
Hunter x Hunter 2011
Fairy Tail

New as in ongoing? Magi, JoJo and perhaps Code:Breaker.

New as in recent? Fate/Zero and maybe Accel World

EDIT: Yeah, and the new Hunter X Hunter as well.
Just anything new to me that I might like, really.
Ah I second Accel World as well.

Thanks everyone, even if some of those are a swing and a miss there's a lot there to look at.

Narag

Yasuhiro Imagawa's direction was undeniably better in every respect but the OVA as a whole was still extremely entertaining and fairly well made.

GRPhysics.jpg

Need I say more?

That stuff with space & Jupiter kinda loses me. It's neat, it's fun, but it also comes after Shin Getter vs Metal Beast Dragon & the Stoner Sunshine event. That's such an amazing highpoint for the show that everything afterwards (possibly with the exception of the fleet of Getter stuff) feels like a decline albeit a gradual one.

Grzi

Aside from the most famous animes out there, I've heard of nothing. I'm a beginner in this game.

Just anything new to me that I might like, really.

Thanks everyone, even if some of those are a swing and a miss there's a lot there to look at.

Keep in mind I went by the stuff you said you liked and recommended something that's similar (in a way, at least).
If you really want the goods (regardless of the genre) you should watch Tsuritama and Hyouka (and the aforementioned Fate/Zero) to get the best out of 2012 in anime (out of the shows that have finished broadcasting).

But if you really REALLY want the goods (regardless of age), in my opinion every anime newcomer should watch Cowboy Bebop and Neon Genesis Evangelion.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
[Getter Robo Armageddon] 5 - 13

CHANGEEEEE GETTTTTTTTTTTERRRR!

fuck yes.

Even the analytical and articulate Jexhius is at a loss for words. As it should be.

At least one of these should suit your interests:

Fate/Zero
One Piece
Sengoku Basara
Soul Eater
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
Trigun

Granted, it sounds like you're a newer fan trying to branch out and if you were willing to share what specifically you liked about DBZ and FMA, we could provide more specific recommendations.

Theonik

I would say HeartCatch. Smile also has some nice designs and some generally positive impressions if you want to check that out.

Hiiro no Kakera 2 ep 5
hiiro_no_kakera_yuuichi_by_tristtrist-d5jc9uc.gif

Action is always short lived but when present it is good to have. Hopefully we get more and they go all out as the season goes on.

Baba-sama is a pretty mean granny with that huge reveal.
Welp I guess it has entered into twincest since Mitsuru chan likes Shinji and Shinji is unfortunately, her twin...

I hope trust can be rebuilt in all as I dont see how the guardians or Tamayori-hime can get out of this mess.
Unless Monado Aria isnt actually a "bad" guy and will work with Ohmi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom