• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow me to go a bit HUELEN10, but her hair is clearly closer to purple than brown.

JAYll.png

I see your point.
Her hair in the manga art looks more brown in any case.

Gintama 195

Man, the two new characters are pretty awesome.

Who knew forecasting weather was such a big deal. Maybe that's why I was never destined to major in atmospheric sciences.
(That and I didn't want to take ochem).

Gintama 196

Heh, rather amused by where this arc is going even if it is basically being a battle tournament now.

Bonus points for referring back to past events in the series that were suppose to be write off jokes and making them actually relevant.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 4

Principal is still great. Seriously, there hasn't been an older character this awesome since Coachie from Aim for the Ace!

Man, I believe an entire pool episode (as in both halves) is a first for the series. Thinking about episodes past, that's quite the stretch of time. Yoshinoya being Yoshinoya, of course.

I knew they would end up putting Sae or/and Hiro in a swimsuit since they missed the pool trip earlier on. The studio must cover all the bases for viewers all around! Hiro was left out on this one though, as she needs to watch over the lunch.

ib00qMUt2q2gzC.png
iOQqwpADqxpnZ.png

Natsume's failure, confusion and flustering is always delicious

Background students are getting drawn in more than in past seasons, but there are still moments with them put in "white-out" and stylized with spots. It doesn't bother me as much as it used to, in any case.

Now one choice I still can't get behind is solid color transitions. They don't look good nor add to scenes in any way. The only connection is perhaps the corresponding color to a Hidamari resident. (For example, this one was yellow while Miyako was in action. Yellow being her "main color") I hope they stop continuing this particular editing choice.

Though in the end, it's more Hidamari Sketch .
Class B loses
(How fitting!) and
Class A wins (because they have all the best girls)
It's still an enjoyable watch that I look forward to weekly.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 4

Now one choice I still can't get behind is solid color transitions. They don't look good nor add to scenes in any way. The only connection is perhaps the corresponding color to a Hidamari resident. (For example, this one was yellow while Miyako was in action. Yellow being her "main color") I hope they stop continuing this particular editing choice.

I don't know why, but I never even noticed the transitions. lol

I mean, I know the music that accompanies the transitions, but I can't actually conjure an image of them in my head. lol

Stoof

Space Bros. 30

Wow, that was an amazing episode.
"We have liftoff," and then ending with silence to contrast the cheering crowd was perfect.

Gintama 197

hSV1Z.gif

Incredible. Simply to describe it, it was incredible.

Going from Pandemonium-san, Ketsuno Bomber, Yuusuke vs. Sasuke and Seimei being awesome, this episode had it all and more.

Syrinx

Gunslinger Girl 13

That was certainly an interesting way to end the season

I suppose it's something of a testament to this show's slow pace and putting action generally on the backburner that the season should end with the girls singing Beethoven's 9th while in a field watching shooting stars, all made very bittersweet by simultaneously having Marco read Angelica the pasta story while she died (she did die, right?) in the hospital.

Pretty bizarre that a show about cyborg girls who are part of a terrorist-thwarting government agency should have as little a focus on action as this one. This really isn't a complaint, however. I thought that the show benefited from focusing more on the relationships between the girls themselves and their handlers.

Overall, I enjoyed watching Season 1 of Gunslinger Girl. People on here have told me to skip Season 2. Is there a particular reason for this? I believe it was cajunator who said that they completely overhauled the writing staff. Did this affect the show negatively in any particular way?

Stoof

Overall, I enjoyed watching Season 1 of Gunslinger Girl. People on here have told me to skip Season 2. Is there a particular reason for this? I believe it was cajunator who said that they completely overhauled the writing staff. Did this affect the show negatively in any particular way?

3791299aa34b2f6a773ae0a6a756f485.jpg

Grzi

K - 04

A pretty uninteresting episode that tried to be funny but failed, of course. Where's the action? I guess there should be some in the next episode.
The filter still sucks, the art and animation are still among the best this season, plus very consistent. Too bad. :(

cajunator

Banned
If I was to say I liked Dragon Ball/Z and Fullmetal Alchemist/Brotherhood and that I wanted something new to watch, what would Anime-GAF suggest?

Toriko is pretty badass. Gourmet chefs in this world require very exotic (and dangerous) ingredients. Certain people are up to the task of getting those ingredients. Even if they have to gut punch a monster off a cliff.

g5Aor.jpg

Presumably.

Suite definitely has the best MUSIC in Precure.

Nafe

--Just out of curiosity I went back and Jexhius's graph is loading for me now. Maybe it was just a simple cache or cookies type thing on my end.

--On the topic of "Hate Watches" or maybe more accurately watching something that you consider "so bad it's good", such as Garzey's Wing, I recommend the title Plan 9 From Outer Space if you're into that sort of thing and since Halloween is coming up.

It's not an anime but a live action movie from 1959 written and directed by Edward Davis Wood, Jr.. It has a ridiculous story and is filled with bad dialogue and all kinds of errors. I think there are so many there is a list somewhere cataloging all of them. An example would be having a scene flip flopping between night and day without any actual time change supposed to be occurring. Many consider this film to be the worst movie of all time. It looks like you can also get it free and legally from the site archive.org here: http://archive.org/details/Plan_9_from_Outer_Space_1959. You can also buy the movie on Blu-ray if you want.

Hair color. People were complaining when I was using their actual names before.
Green = Gankyo
Purple = Tetora
Black = Kukuru
Yellow = Kigurumi
And I say purple only because they mentioned purple. Looks like brown to me, but I guess I can see where there coming from.
Marii was left out because of reasons.

Oh really? I noticed people here in the thread would refer to them by colour but I also always referred to them by their names. I saw BGBW's post but I always thought Tetora's hair was brown too. A little after I posted I remembered the joke about Marii and realized why you didn't mention red but I didn't edit my post in time.

Grzi

Hunter X Hunter - 53

A really good episode, the use of music was especially well done. If I'm not mistaken, the original was handling this stuff in the OVA so naturally most of the remaining episodes will suffer from looking worse than the original, since it had an OVA budget.
Still, this was handled extremely well, and judging by the preview the next episode will feature an upgrade in the art and animation department.

Branduil

--Just out of curiosity I went back and Jexhius's graph is loading for me now. Maybe it was just a simple cache or cookies type thing on my end.

--On the topic of "Hate Watches" or maybe more accurately watching something that you consider "so bad it's good", such as Garzey's Wing, I recommend the title Plan 9 From Outer Space if you're into that sort of thing and since Halloween is coming up.

It's not an anime but a live action movie from 1959 written and directed by Edward Davis Wood, Jr.. It has a ridiculous story and is filled with bad dialogue and all kinds of errors. I think there are so many there is a list somewhere cataloging all of them. An example would be having a scene flip flopping between night and day without any actual time change supposed to be occurring. Many consider this film to be the worst movie of all time. It looks like you can also get it free and legally from the site archive.org here: http://archive.org/details/Plan_9_from_Outer_Space_1959. You can also buy the movie on Blu-ray if you want.

People should also watch Ed Wood.

Narag

Princess Nine 20

Nene's fixation on sports manga is amazing. Izumi is going to strangle Ryo too.
Ep went out of its way to avoid animating talking but I'm strangely ok with that as the baseball stuff looked good so if that's where attention was given so be it.

CØDE:BREAKER 4
tumblr_mcmpiwm2kp1qbxqfpo1_500.png

This anime is so silly at times and just plain fun. The plot is pretty basic but the characters, music, visuals and powers, and just the circumstances really make it memorable and such. Toki is great at all times and easily my favorite, best voice theyve given to a character so far in this, and is so in unison with Ogami Rei even if they constantly argue and telegraph the same feelings to each other. Ally of Justice ftw. Opening scene with Ogami cracked me up
burning the dude who called him a lackey, Ogami's personality.

Sakurakouji was a bit annoying again, were four episodes in and shes already seen the flame powers of Ogami and she still was shocked at Toki's powers, and worst why is she screaming at them to stop when their in the midst of a mission against people pointing their weapons at them. She just doesnt make much sense to me. I did like how she did do the thing with Toki about his sister and what not, but because of being a CØde:Breaker cant really have family and such. Oh well, like that he still watches his sister

Narag

Also worth mentioning as one of about two good movies Tim Burton & Johnny Depp made together, too, before the Burton + Depp + Elfman + Bonham-Carter + patented "quirky" gothic art design = bland soulless mega-hit formula had calcified into its present uninspired form.

What's the other one?

Oh really? I noticed people here in the thread would refer to them by colour but I also always referred to them by their names. I saw BGBW's post but I always thought Tetora's hair was brown too. A little after I posted I remembered the joke about Marii and realized why you didn't mention red but I didn't edit my post in time.

And by that I mean it was brought up once, and by people I mean PdotMichael. That said, I usually like to call them by name, it's just I was replying to BGBW who called Tetora by her hair color, so I thought it was best to go by that.
And stepping aside from the joke I probably rank Marii above Kigu just by the virtue Kigu hasn't really had her chance to shine, not that I hate her.

survivor

Banned
http://www.dannychoo.com/cgm/ecommerce/dannychoo/images/large/3791299aa34b2f6a773ae0a6a756f485.jpg?1250851476[IMG][/QUOTE]
I remember my brother being a huge fan of the second season but it only took him one episode of the second season to drop it.

Stoof

I remember my brother being a huge fan of the second season but it only took him one episode of the second season to drop it.

Not surprising considering anything "action" related in the first episode was just a still shot that shook around a lot. Hell, I didn't even know who some of the guys were at first because of the drastically different art style.

jojo 4

Is jojo getting more buff like every eps? Can't imagine what he looks like in 10 eps.

And they sure do love hiding the lack of animation with SPARKLES eh?

rpmurphy

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 4

I was unsure about the series at first, but it's definitely has grown on me. It doesn't seem like one of those dark romance shows but it does have its interesting layers regardless, and I really appreciate that. Looking forward to learning more about Haru as he's practically the MC now. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom