• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Joshiraku 11
joshiraku11.jpg

From social commentary via means of school swimsuit comparison and critique to the worlds most versatile "Amazon" "Jungle" Christmas tree, this episode really did have everything one could possibly want.

Instro

Code Breaker 4

That strut up to the mansion, so bro. Fairly fun episode, although not too much happened. Next week is looking pretty sweet though, get some dual tech shit going with Magneto.

Solune

You Are Umasou

Amazing film. Very colourful, beautiful, and great animations. For a kids film, the story was great and they nailed down the key moments perfectly like
when the mom tried to leave Heart, Umasou's and Heart's farewell race, and Heart's reunion with his mom.

Took you long enough to watch it! But yayyyyyyy.

You Are Umasou

Amazing film. Very colourful, beautiful, and great animations. For a kids film, the story was great and they nailed down the key moments perfectly like
when the mom tried to leave Heart, Umasou's and Heart's farewell race, and Heart's reunion with his mom.

Glad you liked it! It's an extremely well-crafted film with a strong and effective emotional core. I like that it didn't try to either whitewash or condemn Heart's carnivorism.

7Th

Just watched the first 5 episodes of Rose of Versailles. Haven't even reached Dezaki territory but I'm enjoying it already. Episode 1 was definitely the most striking.

rIXgg.jpg
Z8xxa.jpg

NQGec.jpg
IFV66.jpg

This show is pretty fucking silly but the visuals and overall execution are genuinely elegant and interesting enough to give it significant appeal beyond mere ironic enjoyment. I did laugh at some of the silly melodrama, sure, but that's just part of the charm.

Part of the charm? More like the main appeal!

Ultimadrago

Just watched the first 5 episodes of Rose of Versailles. Haven't even reached Dezaki territory but I'm enjoying it already. Episode 1 was definitely the most striking.

This show is pretty fucking silly but the visuals and overall execution are genuinely elegant and interesting enough to give it significant appeal beyond mere ironic enjoyment. I did laugh at some of the silly melodrama, sure, but that's just part of the charm.

My Dezaki cravings are tingling...

Joshiraku 11

From social commentary via means of school swimsuit comparison and critique to the worlds most versatile "Amazon" "Jungle" Christmas tree, this episode really did have everything one could possibly want.
Yes, it was pretty great!
Oh god. All of my boners. How is that supposed to prove anything other than Tetora's superiority?

On the topic of hair color:

It definitely looks purple in the show, though.

Her hair looks brown in the manga art, which might be what wiki is going off of.
OoL2o.jpg

Digimon Adventure 22 - 28

This has gotten real good with all but one Ultimate I think and the eight child plot.
guess its Tai's sister from that one episode and that digivice. Oh well back to the normal world will be fun, I hope

The Hey Digimon Hey Digimon song is awful and I wish theyd stop using it whenever they go ultimate, it never fits into the serious nature of the events when they do go ultimate and feels way out of place.
Hey Digimon, hey Digimon
Monster friends to the boys and girls
Hey Digimon, hey Digimon
Champions of the digital world

survivor

Banned
Took you long enough to watch it! But yayyyyyyy.
It's backlog season, might as well go through the movies I have had sitting there for months.

Glad you liked it! It's an extremely well-crafted film with a strong and effective emotional core. I like that it didn't try to either whitewash or condemn Heart's carnivorism.
Oh yeah, I was really surprised that they didn't hold back with Heart's carnivorism. Sure they didn't show it with all its details but I was still taken back considering I went in with the assumption it's a kids movie.

Her hair looks brown in the manga art, which might be what wiki is going off of.
http://i.imgur.com/OoL2o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That's probably it.
[quote="Dedication Through Light, post: 43720789"]The [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYrlSjQyrzY"]Hey Digimon Hey Digimon[/URL] song is awful and I wish theyd stop using it whenever they go ultimate, it never fits into the serious nature of the events when they do go ultimate and feels way out of place.[/QUOTE]
That song is meant to be like "fuck yeah, the good guys are gonna kick some ass and everything's going to be okay." Top comment says it best:
[QUOTE]This song is stupid. Really stupid. But I don't care, no doubt it's nostalgia, but I love the heck out of this.[/QUOTE]

Magi 4

Now this is what I wanted out of the show. Reasonably paced, world building without skipping over details, adventure, cg horses. This may finally be shaping up to be a competent adaptation.

Perfect place to end it too, though hearing the super upbeat ED after that was a bit jarring.

MAGI - 04

mDtkUl.jpg

This dude doesn't even hide that he is an *sshole..

i'm happy because they finally followed the manga and that everything looked great ..the pacing was alright We finally get to see more of the world too .. i have high hope for episode 5 & 6

trejo

Space Brothers 30

Just to reiterate on what everyone else has already said, this was probably one of the best episodes in the show so far. The whole
launch sequence
was absolutely amazing.

I did find it funny the way Mutta
jumped so casually into some weird dude's white van who then offered him candy. Stranger danger, anyone?

Defuser

MAGI - 04

i'm happy because they finally followed the manga and that everything looked great ..the pacing was alright We finally get to see more of the world too .. i have high hope for episode 5 & 6
Especially ep5, I heard the mangaka added in a new part for the episode.

Hakuei Djinn equip

Especially ep5, I heard the mangaka added in a new part for the episode.

Hakuei Djinn equip

he did ? can't wait to see the changes ..

-----------------
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne - 03
AE3UAl.jpg

that part was deliciously funny , especially the voiced reaction of the sister ..

So far this anime is hollow but still manage to be somewhat entertaining thanks to some running jokes and some character exposition ..

I'm still rooting for the sister but ana did gain lots of points during this ep...

OceanBlue

he did ? can't wait to see the changes ..

-----------------
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne - 03
AE3UAl.jpg

that part was deliciously funny , especially the voiced reaction of the sister ..

So far this anime is hollow but still manage to be somewhat entertaining thanks to some running jokes and some character exposition ..

I'm still rooting for the sister but ana did gain lots of points during this ep...

Hmmm... I just remembered that need to catch up with OniAi. Especially for Ana.

Is the mangaka for Magi a woman? I was always under the impression that she was.

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne - 04

Pj72ml.jpg

Now that's a way to friend zone someone ...
She is clearly the one with the most work if she wants to suceed ..

Ultimadrago

Code:Breaker 4

cgvs2dz7j9q.png
fistod4kmm.png

The 2D vs CG battle surges

That CG hallway walking scene was uugly!

Anyhow, this was alright.
Toki's butting of heads with Ogami could make for fun times to break in-between Sakura's flow of disapproving comments.
Plus, as a team they'll make for double the massacre power! Here's to getting some action next week.

Magi 4

Breeding horse.

Really?

And holy shit those cg horses!

btw: why can't aladdin just fucking fly over to the other city? Why wait for a caravan.

That's like saying if you have your own airplane, but decide to travel by bus.

bowls.jpg

Woah, double ricebowls in the sky.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

I was so close to start watching season 2... thanks GAF!

I just start watching Cowboy Bebop for the very first time, hopefully it will be as fun as my friend claim it to be. My friend kinda forced me into watching it, since he said he will watch Denpa Teki na Kanojo if I start watching Bebop.

I stopped after 2 episodes since Panzer caught my attention......

ZetaEpyon

Not related to anything currently airing, but I finally got my new shelves put up in the house, and all my anime unboxed. So much more space than the old shelf at my apartment, even without the extra shelves (which I forgot to get).

Random nitpicking... go! :)

OceanBlue

Magi 4

btw: why can't aladdin just fucking fly over to the other city? Why wait for a caravan.

That's like saying if you have your own airplane, but decide to travel by bus.

What if you had to pay for the fuel for the airplane, while the bus was only a small, flat fee?

Not related to anything currently airing, but I finally got my new shelves put up in the house, and all my anime unboxed. So much more space than the old shelf at my apartment, even without the extra shelves (which I forgot to get).

Random nitpicking... go! :)

I need to get some organization for my stuff. Maybe some glass cases or something. It'll make me feel better about my figurines.

Narag

Weird question but was Fate/Zero a four volume or six volume LN series? I've read it was four but see six ISBNs listed.

Ultimadrago

Space Brothers 30

Best Space Brothers episode in a while.

The
missing Apo
issue was handled fairly quickly and lead to a place of solitude where Mutta could
see his brother's launch. It was beneficial for him to have a location like this to gather his thoughts as Hibito's goal reached closer to completion. Afterwards, it's all up to him again to fulfill his own.

This was one of the best Space Brothers episodes yet.

trejo

I just start watching Cowboy Bebop for the very first time, hopefully it will be as fun as my friend claim it to be. My friend kinda forced me into watching it, since he said he will watch Denpa Teki na Kanojo if I start watching Bebop.

What?

Also, Denpa Teki na Kanojo was awesome albeit criminally short. Sadly, I don't think many people have watched it.

OceanBlue

Time is money.

Lol, maybe. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's safer to take a caravan to where he needs to go. He doesn't know where he is, he doesn't know how to get to where he needs to go, and I don't think he has money for food or housing. Not to mention that flying probably takes energy like fighting with Ugo takes energy.

Jex

SAO 17

The background art and flight sequences really bring this new world to life, pretty impressive episode in that regard. I don't particularly care for the villain, but I am looking forward to some of the action segments we are going to see going forward.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you here but what, in your opinion, makes this new villain so lame?

Mature

If you like good anime, you'll enjoy Cowboy Bebop.

Anime collection
Looks nice. I really enjoy looking at other people's anime collections for some reason. Probably due to not having been able to afford making my own because I was putting my money elsewhere. Collections like these make me want to start buying more though.

Stoof

Good to see a lot of love for the newest Space Bros. episode, especially since it should pick back up because I'm guessing it will start focusing on Mutta's journey again.

CØDE:BREAKER 04

Ok, Mr.Fabulous Tea Time is the best character of the show.

Thankfully this episode was low on the ØGAMI! levels, so it wasn't too bad. I rather like Toki's powers, at least they look cool and can probably do more than touch you and then you die.

Looking forward to the fabulous fight next week with the fabulous duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom