• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digimon Adventure 15 - 21

The Etemon arc was, although longish, worthwhile and enjoyable. The crests adding another layer to digivolution, with the branched path, and then ultimately Ultimate was the best part. However I wish the focus wasnt on so much Agumon, give other Digidestined characters a chance.

Ep 21
they didnt do a good job explaining how Tai and Agumon ended back in the human world and back, I just left confused on what even happened. At first I thought it was a dream then it was like his sister can now get there or something

Narag

Princess Nine 21

EaWrQl.png

NIN71l.png

Nene really grew on me as the show went on. She's ditzy but entirely earnest in her desire to see the team succeed.

iiiiiiiizzzzuuuuuuummmmmmiiiiiii
taaaakkaaasuuuugggiiiiiii

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 4

I was unsure about the series at first, but it's definitely has grown on me. It doesn't seem like one of those dark romance shows but it does have its interesting layers regardless, and I really appreciate that. Looking forward to learning more about Haru as he's practically the MC now. lol
Well, he is the main love interest. lol

Just watched the first 5 episodes of Rose of Versailles. Haven't even reached Dezaki territory but I'm enjoying it already. Episode 1 was definitely the most striking.

rIXgg.jpg
Z8xxa.jpg

NQGec.jpg
IFV66.jpg

This show is pretty fucking silly but the visuals and overall execution are genuinely elegant and interesting enough to give it significant appeal beyond mere ironic enjoyment. I did laugh at some of the silly melodrama, sure, but that's just part of the charm.

Mature

Someone suggested that I watch a specific episode of Gintama before completely calling it quits on the series. It was an episode in the 20's, but I don't remember which. Anyone know?

Gintama 201

It's been a wild wide that has taken about 3 months now, but I finished Gintama!

Quite a silly last episode. Fast break speed, romantic comedy sidetracked into a shoujo friendship show, this was a fun episode.

I guess they didn't make any jokes about this being the last episode if they knew more would come out someday so while that was missed, it was ok.

Despite how quickly I been burning through them near the end, this was still a great joy to watch the series. A fun blend of comedic, action-y, dramatic and pretty much everything in between episodes. The characters were all great, with their own little perks and silly antics and I rather enjoyed most of the storylines. Even the music was great to listen to despite early on where it gets evident that certain pieces were overused but after watching so many episodes they pretty much became staples.

Even more than that, the OPs and EDs were all pretty great. And, just because list wars are a part of our daily lives now, OP and ED rankings:
OP: 7>3>1>8>5>6>4>2
ED: 6>7>3>8>9>13>14>4>5>15>2>12>1>16>10>11

Gintama 201

It's been a wild wide that has taken about 3 months now, but I finished Gintama!

Quite a silly last episode. Fast break speed, romantic comedy sidetracked into a shoujo friendship show, this was a fun episode.

I guess they didn't make any jokes about this being the last episode if they knew more would come out someday so while that was missed, it was ok.

Despite how quickly I been burning through them near the end, this was still a great joy to watch the series. A fun blend of comedic, action-y, dramatic and pretty much everything in between episodes. The characters were all great, with their own little perks and silly antics and I rather enjoyed most of the storylines. Even the music was great to listen to despite early on where it gets evident that certain pieces were overused but after watching so many episodes they pretty much became staples.

Even more than that, the OPs and EDs were all pretty great. And, just because list wars are a part of our daily lives now, OP and ED rankings:

Now for WIDESCREEN GINTAMA!

Instro

SAO 17

The background art and flight sequences really bring this new world to life, pretty impressive episode in that regard. I don't particularly care for the villain, but I am looking forward to some of the action segments we are going to see going forward.

Gintama 201

What ep and how was the Sket Dan crossover? (I guess it had one where Sket Dan characters came?).

Probably start Gintama sometime, the images made it look way funnier than I imagined, and I need a good comedy, action, drama back in my life since theres no more Sket Dance.

What ep and how was the Sket Dan crossover? (I guess it had one where Sket Dan characters came?).

Probably start Gintama sometime, the images made it look way funnier than I imagined, and I need a good comedy, action, drama back in my life since theres no more Sket Dance.

Looks like the Sket Dance crossover happens in Gintama', the second series.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
JoJo's Bizarre Adventures 4

Bromance. Getting the girl. Gentlemen. Caring about frogs. Expeditions to Mexico. Fighting to prevent tragedies. Punching walls to blow brains.

Manime.

It is quite cruel,
not to mention the general messiness! *Code Geass flashbacks*

Japan sure loves them.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Debates about the quality of Nichijou aside, it makes for some great avatars.

Stoof

Jojo 4

So manly, and still so very campy. Even with it's low budget animation it continues to be one of the most entertaining shows. Also I really hope Jojo's pants are extra poofy because his thighs are looking unhealthily massive, like he's got elephantiasis going on or something.

Mature

Gintama 25
It was... Pretty funny. I guess. Felt like an above average premise with above average characters speaking an average dialogue coated in a below average aesthetic. I don't know, I guess it's not for me. I'll continue to respect it from afar.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Suite Precure - 01

Vfmgi.png
HOlc2.png

zaZ6c.png
7oPKG.png

I will kill to have a moment down the road where Hibiki says to Kanade: "Kanade... I wanna taste your sweets... and I'm not referring to the cake you just made."

Hibiki Houjou and Kanade Minamino, our two heroes to be (and if miracles happen, the eventual OTP at the end of the series). I have a soft spot for sporty types so Hibiki is already awesome in my book, and Kanade has that sort of elegant air about her that makes her easy to love. When we first see them interact with one another my head was already dancing around the idea of a #hatesex pairing ("the I can't stand you but damn it I want you!" type), but soon enough it's revealed that
they were childhood friends and something happened that made them become distant with one another.

bpa2b.png

Yuri POWAAA!.

Welp, let's resolve that little issue by introducing their first opponent:
a musical note that transformed a very important record into a monster.
Having none of that nonsense, the girls' hearts unlock their hidden powers, and they undergo their awesome yuri transformation sequence to lay the smackdown on the people responsible for screwing with their treasured record. Let's go girls!

survivor

Banned
You Are Umasou

Amazing film. Very colourful, beautiful, and great animations. For a kids film, the story was great and they nailed down the key moments perfectly like
when the mom tried to leave Heart, Umasou's and Heart's farewell race, and Heart's reunion with his mom.

survivor

Banned
Teekyu 3

Wait, hold on, what? Did she just, huh? Way too fast.

Finally started working on my ridiculous queue of stuff to watch with From Up on Poppy Hill. Great movie; I really liked it.

I should get around and finish watching the movie. I stopped in the middle for no reason and just sorta forgot that I was watching it.

Code:Breaker 4

Heike!

Okay, so the character that leads to Ogami doing the first really asshole thing in the series is still in, but the circumstances surrounding the event are COMPLETELY different. In the manga, the facility had nothing to do with power users, and the two enemies weren't in it at all.

In fact, they actually might be trying to turn the Code:Breakers into something kind of resembling a decent human being in this adaptation.
In the manga, Sakura wasn't able to stop Toki from killing the guards. That's how you make your anti-heroes more likable, have the enemies kill people instead!

The preview is... worrying though. It looks like Ogami might still do the really asshole thing, but the fact we're getting a super powered battle already may change things. I'm really curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom