• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Uh...the Black Reaper and the guy who moved into the apartment are the same person. His name is Hei, though he uses a fake name at times. Lee, I think?

Umm... okay. I'm not sure if I was supposed to know that yet. Maybe it was incredibly obvious and I missed it. It's usually the latter.

The best part of the Madoka movies was in the new OP when Madoka and Homura blushed and rubbed their heads together playfully. The audience all cheered for that. Plus there was an unprecedented amount of hand holding between the two. That shipping was borderline fan fiction.

Excellent. When can I watch this?

Bueno. Now they just need to feature Homu wearing Madoka's panties on her head.

. . . I would be totally okay with this.

Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne Episode 03

ibetAFUQbRwx2m.jpg

y'know

i have to give the girl credit, for being so young she does a really good job with her role. i should not have laughed so much at that last scene.

otherwise this was kinda boring.

For this scene specifically, I haven't laughed so hard at an anime since Mitsudomoe. I'm hoping there are more moments like this in the rest of the show.

HxH 52

Good stuff. Do love how the top assassins in the world fight using dragon of darkness flame and double ki blasts.

Props to whoever told me last week, but yeah I was pretty entertained. Baddie reminds me of that dude in Negima "colonel sanders" with the whole use abilities from a book.

AAequal

Banned
I have had Dirty Pair dvd set gathering dust for ages since I always expected it to be total waste of time. Dam, I was wrong :D While the show is light hearted comedy from it's core there is still some dark stuff, didn't expect to see people getting wasted right from the start of episode one. I also really like the world it takes place. Japan did have great knack for scifi settings back in the 80s.

I need to rewatch Cobra next, I'm pumped for scifi at the moment. Was the new Cobra show any good?

cajunator

Banned
I have had Dirty Pair dvd set gathering dust for ages since I always expected it to be total waste of time. Dam, I was wrong :D While the show is light hearted comedy from it's core there is still some dark stuff, didn't expect to see people getting wasted right from the start of episode one. I also really like the setting. Japan did have great knack for scifi settings back in the 80s.

NO way. Dirty Pair is such a marvelous usage of time. Im glad at least you realized it.

AAequal

Banned
NO way. Dirty Pair is such a marvelous usage of time. Im glad at least you realized it.
It really is. Characters are likeable, there is good amount action and comedy in each episode, I have no complaints at all. Well, some of the jokes fall bit flat but that happens even with modern shows. I'm currently starting episode 5 and it's off to bit creepier start then your usual episodes so far. Are the movies or OVAs worth the watch?

cajunator

Banned
It really is. Characters are likeable there is good amount action and comedy in each episode. Some of the jokes fall bit flat but that happens even with modern shows. I'm currently starting episode 5 and it's off to bit creepier start then your usual episodes so far. Are the movies or OVAs worth the watch?

Everything Dirty Pair related is worth watching.

Maedhros

Shin Sekai no Yori 04

Holy shit. The show is much, much more enjoyable now. The INFO dump was exactly what I was expecting.

Humans will be the enemies in the end. I can't wait for the next episode.

cajunator

Banned
Shin Sekai no Yori 04

Holy shit. The show is much, much more enjoyable now. The INFO dump was exactly what I was expecting.

Humans will be the enemies in the end. I can't wait for the next episode.

I'm on episode 3 but man theres such a forboding sense of dread in the show. something incredibly terrible is going to happen. I havent felt this uneasy watching a show in ages.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sukitte Ii na yo - 03

Lost whatever respect I had left for Yamato. It was already irritating that he's known for
kissing almost every girl at the school
, but now hinting that he
had sex with Aiko
just ruined any legit chemistry that could've been established between him and Mei. What makes it even worse that it was probably just
pity sex
at that. Seriously, fuck this guy and fuck this show. Considering dropping this.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I just wonder if these things work for people who have never watched the show or don't give a shit about anime.
I thought I brought up my cousin in the post that I went with. He doesn't really watch anime and he didn't know anything about Madoka going in. Still liked it and said it was super engaging, though I'm not sure the back to back two hour movie format was very welcoming. Afterwards he compared it to
Inception.

I thought I brought up my cousin in the post that I went with. He doesn't really watch anime and he didn't know anything about Madoka going in. Still liked it and said it was super engaging, though I'm not sure the back to back two hour movie format was very welcoming. Afterwards he compared it to
Inception.
...what?

Maedhros

I'm on episode 3 but man theres such a forboding sense of dread in the show. something incredibly terrible is going to happen. I havent felt this uneasy watching a show in ages.

Dread is the right word... I've seen some people saying fear... I can't really see what's so scary... just dread and misteryous.

Changing the subject... scary animes, in general, aren't really scary. I don't understand how people can be afraid of japanese horror, it's so ridiculous...

icecream

Public Health Threat
Well that's kind of exciting. I already like it pretty much. Welcome back by the way.
Thanks! And yeah, hopefully people won't write off the show too early before things really happen.

But the OP does put it best: it's no Steins;Gate.

Sukitte Ii na yo - 03
Out of all the shoujo shows this season, this was the least enjoyable. His nicely-insensitive personality plus his bad hairstyle just didn't work.

It was nice to hear Ritsuko Okazaki's voice in an anime again though...
even if it's from beyond the grave

cajunator

Banned
Dread is the right word... I've seen some people saying fear... I can't really see what's so scary... just dread and misteryous.

Changing the subject... scary animes, in general, aren't really scary. I don't understand how people can be afraid of japanese horror, it's so ridiculous...

Its not scary its just....incredibly nerve wracking.

Risette

A Good Citizen
What do you keep trying to do to me pizzaroll?
Spread the truth. The SNES wasn't a bad console by any means, but its library was no match for the amount of great titles, especially action games or otherwise arcade-like games, of the Genesis/MD.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sukitte Ii na yo - 03

Lost whatever respect I had left for Yamato. It was already irritating that he's known for
kissing almost every girl at the school
, but now hinting that he
had sex with Aiko
just ruined any legit chemistry that could've been established between him and Mei. What makes it even worse that it was probably just
pity sex
at that. Seriously, fuck this guy and fuck this show. Considering dropping this.
That's a weird thing to get hung up on, really. lol
Sex is just a normal thing like anything else man!

Inception.
Heh, because of the reveal near the end I presume?
I might have missed that part about your cousin though. Given that it's TV pacing mashed into a movie and then marathoned back to back, it just sounds like a rough time. Like if someone decided to make a 5 hour movie out of the first season of The Wire or something.

Also, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Finaru OVA2
ApKsUl.jpg

Yep, anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom