• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maedhros

Saint Seiya Omega 29

Lol, everything is the same as before. The difference is that their motivation is shitty as fuck. Actually, they are totally forgetting Athena.

The seventh sense is explained by Kiki... he fix their shitty armor... and Kouga goes to fight Taurus, named Harbinger. His voice is soooo lol. I laughed my ass off.

Kouga can't even touch him. LOL. And when we think that he's starting to get his seventh sense, Great Horn on his ass.
Just to show how much of a pussies these new saints are. They need to man up already, put their lives for something that matters, not revenge the shitty Aria. She's dead and she's useless.

Besides that, the new OP sequence is so fucking cool.

School Days 11

The show starts off with great romance, I like it. The perverted stuff somehow works. Then, all of a sudden,
everyone becomes a fuck machine to Makoto, he sleeps with every girl without care. And now, the penultimate episode tries to end with romance? This guy, Makoto who needed a girl to see someone he fell in love with in the beginning, is suddenly a playboy? Get the fuck outta here.

Syrinx

School Days 11

The show starts off with great romance, I like it. The perverted stuff somehow works. Then, all of a sudden,
everyone becomes a fuck machine to Makoto, he sleeps with every girl without care. And now, the penultimate episode tries to end with romance? This guy, Makoto who needed a girl to see someone he fell in love with in the beginning, is suddenly a playboy? Get the fuck outta here.

Stop gaffing and watch the final episode!

cajunator

Banned
School Days 10

How many more girls Makoto, and this:

@BGBW: But this show, it leaves me wanting more. :p

School Days 11

Holy shit dude. you must have skipped like 3/4 of the episodes.

DiGiKerot

Nerawareta Gakuen

TL;DR - beautiful and generally very entertaining film unfortunately let down by poor handling of its genre elements, particularly to the detriment of the film's ending

I'll endorse your comments there - I think you've pretty much nailed my feelings on it after having had a day to ruminate on it.

Although I'm starting to think it's flicked the Xenoglossia this is interesting flag in my head. I suppose it is Studio 8, after all...

Baccano is better.

Thanks guys! Baccano it is.

Shiki is great, loved the soundtrack.

That's good to hear. I'll check out Shiki after I'm done with Baccano.

Its a pretty good anime, in comparison to all the chapters I read its really just as action packed and intense, and all of the viewer submitted designs work well in the universe. (and the OP is perfect)

Where did Beelzebub go wrong, a friends been bugging me to watch it with him.

Glad to hear. Beelzebub messed up with the pacing, filler, and crappy, rushed ending. Some parts were just....ugh. I forced myself to finish some of the later episodes.

It's an alright adaptation, doesn't really have any high points (minus 1 fight), but doesn't have completely botched low points on the same level that Beelzebub did.

That sounds fine. I just need some shonen to tide me over until One Piece and Naruto get out of their horrible pacing or filler. As long as it's better than Beelzebub lol.

The Toriko anime is MUCH better than the Beelzebub one. It does have some censorship, but it's not terrible. The pacing is pretty good, sometimes going at a 3:1 ratio. Animation is usually pretty whatever, but it does have its moments of excellence, particularly one episode in the 40s. Now there is a filler character that kind of got added to the main cast, but fortunately she doesn't interefere with major scenes.

If you already read the manga, it might not be totally worth it, but I like it.

Yeah, I don't mind censorship unless it ruins the scenes. Pacing is what I was worried about, so I'm glad to hear that. The filler character sounds bad, but I haven't read the manga yet, so it shouldn't bother me much.

Thanks everyone. It's good to hear some opinions that aren't from MAL forums. I lose some faith in humanity every time I try reading anime discussions over there.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
How do you even know when to stop skimming when doing this? You're bound to miss SOMETHING.

This is the sad path that leads to stopping watching anime altogether and just watching sakuga videos on youtube.

Jex

Nerawareta Gakuen

[Stuff excised]

Maybe I’m biased – I have been looking forward to this film since its announcement, and I am absolutely inclined to see the best in it. I genuinely do think there is a LOT of “best” in it, though – but whether other people are happy to see past the deeply flawed climax I don’t know. I’d be delighted to see the film again when I have the opportunity and re-examine it to see if it holds together better.

TL;DR - beautiful and generally very entertaining film unfortunately let down by poor handling of its genre elements, particularly to the detriment of the film's ending

That sounds...unfortunate. I've been looking forward to this solely based on Nakamura's Moryo no Hakko and Aoi Bungaku. He seems to be a very cerebral director in that he's really interested in playing with conventions and challenging the audience to think carefully about what they're seeing. It's unfortunate to hear that it's mired by such a serious flaw but I was already a little weary about how it would turn out based on the premise.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Magi Ep 3

The strongest episode yet! Perhaps focusing on just one event
the resolution to the dungeon arc
allowed it to do more than the previous ones, or perhaps I'm just getting used to the way the anime is handling the adaption.

Steroyd

This has to be some sort of record. It took me almost a week to watch this!

I watched the whole of Evangelion in just over 24 hours. (no skipping)

And just as I was about to break, I watched the EoE movie soon after.

How do you even know when to stop skimming when doing this? You're bound to miss SOMETHING.

If you don't skip too far ahead (say 30 seconds at a time), you can piece together bits of the episode just fine, and you can rewind back if you leap straight into a confusing scene to add context.

I do it from time to time, when my tolerance of a show is really low.

Emitan

I use it to make a list of stuff I've watched and to compare with AnimeGAF. Never visit the forums or anything.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Haha, or basically "all of you can piss off".

I used to get annoyed at constant club invites but then found out how to block them, and the message stayed for some reason. I haven't really thought about it before now, but it's actually kind of assholeish!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Out of all the shoujo shows this season, this was the least enjoyable. His nicely-insensitive personality plus his bad hairstyle just didn't work.

Yep, that hairstyle is just ass.

That's a weird thing to get hung up on, really. lol
Sex is just a normal thing like anything else man!

Nope. I like to see my characters as pure individuals when it comes to delicate, emotional genres, romance in this case. This episode ruined any chance he had of me warming up to him. Another case why shoujo-ai>*

This is why Yuri exists.

Girls love is best love. If only there were more anime adaptations of it I wouldn't have to settle for this C-tier drama garbage. >:I

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nope. I like to see my characters as pure individuals when it comes to delicate, emotional genres, romance in this case. This episode ruined any chance he had of me warming up to him. Another case why shoujo-ai>*

You sound like a housewife who only reads Harlequinn romances or something. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom