• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not related to anything currently airing, but I finally got my new shelves put up in the house, and all my anime unboxed. So much more space than the old shelf at my apartment, even without the extra shelves (which I forgot to get).

Random nitpicking... go! :)

Needs more figures.

Soma

Also, Denpa Teki na Kanojo was awesome albeit criminally short. Sadly, I don't think many people have watched it.

I've been meaning to watch this too. The character designs didn't look too hot from what I saw but the plot seems interesting.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
SSY 5:
Who dropped the ugly stuck on my AotY????

Lol, maybe. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's safer to take a caravan to where he needs to go. He doesn't know where he is, he doesn't know how to get to where he needs to go, and I don't think he has money for food or housing. Not to mention that flying probably takes energy like fighting with Ugo takes energy.

Bring a few sandwiches!

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
What?

Also, Denpa Teki na Kanojo was awesome albeit criminally short. Sadly, I don't think many people have watched it.

I loves Denpa so much, people should really watch it, it doesn't deserve to be some bonus in some DVD bundle. I wonder if the creator's other series Kure-nai is as good as Depan.

I will continue Bebop after Panzer, holy shit that tankwondo sport looks dangerous as hell. Since one girl put their head outside of the armor, one good explosive shot in the face the anime will turn into guro.
please turn into guro

And no practicing tankwondo doesn't make anyone more appealing, and yes the main character of that shot is a natural on building yuri harem. She isn't even trying and girls already piling up on her.

I just notice the other alternative electives are bow, long sword, chi, spirit, and ninjutsu.

It's okay, just pretend season 2 doesn't exist.
I can't wait until I finally get around to watching GG so that I can post impressions of the second season for you all to enjoy.
DtB2 wasnt all bad
it had a talking flying squirrel and this song was pretty catchy
Flying squirrels are cool, bruh, but you of all people should be able to understand that catmode was superior. Also, I agree. The music was bangin.

Sekirei 1
pBgBt.jpg

o o
)-(
Man fails college entrance exam for the 2nd time, has a girl fall from the sky onto him, ends up spending all his money feeding her, almost gets zapped by evil girls trying while trying to protect this girl he just met, gets a kiss from her, and then gets evicted from his apartment because he brought her home. Sucks to be this guy. At least he's got some tits now.
Q9zME.jpg

I'll get you next time, Gadget! Next time!

Honestly
Looking at the new seasonal release sheet, why not
just don't expect more of what made the original good
Also, have some sort of sedative prepared for the ending. If none are available, then ensure that you distance yourself from any objects that you would prefer not to damage.

Jex

[CØDE:BREAKER] - 4

This episode features:

Ogami being a douche:

CodeBreaker41.jpg

Sakurakouji's poker face:

CodeBreaker42.jpg

Double douches:

CodeBreaker43.jpg

Sakurakouji's gentle concern:

CodeBreaker44.jpg

High-class douchery:

CodeBreaker45.jpg

I know nothing about these twits, but I imagine they're douches too:

CodeBreaker46.jpg

I love the way Sakurakouji just follows Ogami around to try and stop him doing bad things. She's acting like he's fallen in with a rough crowd of friends and he just needs a little talk to put him on the straight and narrow when in actuality he's a murdering psychopath who burns people to death.

I love the way Sakurakouji just follows Ogami around to try and stop him doing bad things. She's acting like he's fallen in with a rough crowd of friends and he just needs a little talk to put him on the straight and narrow when in actuality he's a murdering psychopath who burns people to death.

lol, this has always been one of my biggest problems with the series. She keeps talking about how precious life is, yet she keeps seeing Ogami as some bad boy she can "change" and not as a ruthless knight templar that would have burned all the men, women and children in a busy crosswalk had he actually succeeded in burning her. That's not the kind of person you want to change.

Westlo

What?

IIRC there was only 3 novels released in the series, 2 of which were already animated, I heard the middle one is pretty fucked up... might go looking for spoilers since it's obvious now it will never get animated :(

I've been meaning to watch this too. The character designs didn't look too hot from what I saw but the plot seems interesting.

Please watch! Really good stuff that's was pretty much ignored. Easily the best thing Yoshino has wrote, though in saying that I have no idea how faithful it is to the original source.

Jex

[Magi] - 4

Magi4-1.jpg

Now this felt like an episode from a show that I might actually care about watching. Rather than jumping around from place to place or event to event this episode devoted itself to fleshing out a setting with a small handful of characters. It was far smaller scale than before but that gave it time to do so important world building, develop Aladdin's character and actually set some kind of tone for itself. Impressively enough it wasn't an entirely predictable episode either, all though of course the credit for that goes to the writer of the original manga (I presume).

It did, unfortunately, bring some fresh terrors to anime, like CG flags to go along with all the CG horses:

Magi41.jpg

Westlo

If you guys like Magi 4 you'll love the rest of the series as well as what comes afterwards, the "compression" done in the first 3 episodes pretty much assures enough time to give the big arc justice.

OceanBlue

If you guys like Magi 4 you'll love the rest of the series as well as what comes afterwards, the "compression" done in the first 3 episodes pretty much assures enough time to give the big arc justice.

According to Duckroll this episode wasn't written by Yoshino. Maybe that's why! lol

Mature

Do we know if this show is going to be one cour or not?

There's still going to be compression I imagine, thought it won't be nearly as bad. Getting through the entire Kouga arc in 2 episodes will leave some things out and it will probably be the same with the Mor arc.

Westlo

According to Duckroll this episode wasn't written by Yoshino. Maybe that's why! lol

Yeah I was chuckling when I read that post by duckly lol, but yeah even Yoshino couldn't mess up Balbadd with around 16 episodes to work with. (I'm assuming this current arc and the next are done in 3 eps each)

44 chapters in lets say 17 episodes is only around 2.5 chapters per episode compared to the 5 and a bit they did in the first 3 episodes.

Westlo

There's still going to be compression I imagine, thought it won't be nearly as bad. Getting through the entire Kouga arc in 2 episodes will leave some things out and it will probably be the same with the Mor arc.

Holy shit Kouga all done in 2 lol (i haven't watched 4 yet), they want to start Balbadd in episode 8 lol? Hmm.. I guess it's better that way, Yoshino probably needs the extra eps lol.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Suite Precure - 02

kGD5I.png
Pnh6r.png

I agree!!

So we're given some more backstory for the two girls and what caused their
previous breakup but not before some more drama due to
Kanade's lack of faith in Hibiki.
Funny enough it was a simple misunderstanding of where to meet during their everyday walk to school.
With the truth revealed their hearts once again joined as one and delivered a series of lines that were right up my alley. Goggle mode engaged!

AvGPh.png

:SDBurton

Watching them fight as one was a real treat, but the almighty awesome was just around the corner:

rixLk.png
Be1Ui.png

wy2sQ.png
vyM8W.png

YURI BEEEEEEEAMU!!!

You kidding me? They do some quickstep swag, hand holding, and nuzzling before setting up for their final move? Best Finishing Move EVER!

Suite Precure - 02

So we're given some more backstory for the two girls and what caused their
previous breakup but not before some more drama due to With the truth revealed their hearts once again joined as one and delivered a series of lines that were right up my alley. Goggle mode engaged!

Watching them fight as one was a real treat, but the almighty awesome was just around the corner:

You kidding me? They do some quickstep swag, hand holding, and nuzzling before setting up for their final move? Best Finishing Move EVER!

Didn't really like the show much, but I freaking loved the transformation and finisher animations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom