• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Mondaiji next season might be kinda like that, except the MC might be more useful than the one in Sekirei. The staff doesn't seem very strong, unfortunately. Diomedea and the director of Campione are working on it, but the director also worked on Nanoha A's so you never know!

I'm still hopeful for it, lol.

Im really excited for Mondaiji ever since I saw those super cute bunny girl designs and the plot.

Diablos54

Magi starting to ramp up, hopefully they knock this arc out of the stadium. Ducky likes Gundam Wing? Good man! Dio was boss. So was Tres. I kinda want to go watch it now...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh, my Madoka BD's have arrived. Time to see with my own eyes how many changes SHAFT made for this release.

You know, I was tempted to get this to show the UK market some support. But then my card got canned so I can't order anything until the replacement arrives. Hopefully the limited stock isn't that limited.

/XX/

I really like the character designs. The characters seem like standard archetypes for a 3-person group, but I like those archetypes so I don't mind at all.
Yep. The way Mr. Yoshinari handles this kind of closer to 'cartoon-y' type of characters is so nice that, even if those can be recognizable as archetypes, their lively (or charming) nature for a short and well-rounded project like this one can be easily satisfying. That should be the objective, this is made to work on something accessible that doesn't have to condition a learning process.

Ezalc

Epyon is one of the coolest gundam around tho.
I've seen better.
The only least good thing about Gundam Wing is Relena Peacecraft, such an awful obsessive and repulsive character.
Relena was terrible, but she was just one terrible character in a show full of them. Not everybody is terrible, Duo is cool and so is the fabulous antagonist whose name escapes me. But Duo loses points for having a stupid looking gundam.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I feel a pretty big disconnect between most people's impressions of Magi and my own feelings so far. Apart from the shaky first episode, I've really liked it so far. The early Magi manga sucked, so the anime choosing to focus only on the highlights of what happened there is a positive, not a negative. It's still hampered by both Yoshino and the sketchy source material, but so far, Anime > Manga for me.

cajunator

Banned
I feel a pretty big disconnect between most people's impressions of Magi and my own feelings so far. Apart from the shaky first episode, I've really liked it so far. The early Magi manga sucked, so the anime choosing to focus only on the highlights of what happened there is a positive, not a negative. It's still hampered by both Yoshino and the sketchy source material, but so far, Anime > Manga for me.

Same. Enjoying it, ricebowls and all.
I have no idea what the manga is like or any manga for that matter so nothing to compare it to.
Maybe thats best. This could aslo explain somewhat why I seem to enjoy adaptations of shows that Gaf doesnt like because I dont know what the source material is like.

OceanBlue

No, this is the Trigger short for Anime Mirai.
I see. There are a couple of interesting magical girl productions to keep track of. .__.

Yep. The way Mr. Yoshinari handles this kind of closer to 'cartoon-y' type of characters is so nice that, even if those can be recognizable as archetypes, their lively (or charming) nature for a short and well-rounded project like this one can be easily satisfying. That should be the objective, this is made to work on something accessible that doesn't have to condition a learning process.
I personally think that there's nothing wrong with characters designed to look like their archetype in any work. What's important to me is that a character becomes interesting, so I don't mind if I have to think of a character as "serious, glasses-wearing smart guy" as long as he becomes more than "serious, glasses-wearing smart guy" by the end.

For a short, I guess you don't need a super-complex character to tell an interesting story. By the way, I completely agree with what you're saying. I just want to add something beyond, "I agree," lol.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Quickly AnimeGAF, hook a sloth up with some recommendations before Sandy starts making some sweet sweet loving to my area.

I still have 2 days till Sandy reaches me~

But give us more information first!

Didn't you watch Bacanno recently? If not, watch that, because it's awesome!

El Sloth

Banned
I have no MAL account.

Thanks for the recommendations so far!
I still have 2 days till Sandy reaches me~

But give us more information first!

Didn't you watch Bacanno recently? If not, watch that, because it's awesome!
Kisama~

I have not, but I did just recently pick it up. Just haven't started it yet.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I have no MAL account.

Thanks for the recommendations so far!

Kisama~

I have not, but I did just recently pick it up. Just haven't started it yet.

Well, you already have one great show to watch!

Saw someone else say Utena, definitely agree with that one. There's always Gintama, unless you happen to be all caught up on it.

Grzi

I'm enjoying the anime too.

Grzi

Code:Breaker - 04

K3uuw.jpg

Still really fun, not much new to say. The action scene looked really good, not even the horrible CG could destroy it. I'm really looking forward to a lot of action from this show, maybe those Kinema Citrus guys will redeem themselves for the Eureka Seven movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom