• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Was feeling bored at lunchtime today and took my original Dio Brando edit a little bit further:

ib1Le4OcMRulvp.png
iZoDrIG7MCK9L.png
irEROQQ5urS2X.png
iqjtazwsD6ega.png
ilhETyFLFi54y.png
iKY7zpO7CSTiO.png
i8o0LkmnE7gpy.png
ibe34t9Nr7nQDl.png

I envy your skills.

7Th

In terms of yuri content:

Suite > Futari wa > Heartcatch > Smile = Splash Star > Fresh > Yes 5! GoGo > Max Heart > Yes 5!

Steroyd

My Little Monster - 05

mptOi.jpg

If I was brave enough to bet my left testicle last week, would I have one spare to give to Erec-sama?

I guess this is the equivalent to an exposition episode in shoujo land, we learn Haru's backstory, and even conditions he's got to meet, even an explanation as to why he's beasting high school tests despite missing the whole of middle school, I'm actually impressed on that front despite it not changing my overall opinion of him being the "perfect guy".

madp

The Light of El Cantare
This is SDBurton you're talking to.

Perhaps I'm trying to manipulate him by pretending to doubt the strength of his yurivision.
Perhaps? No doubt about it.

Never fall for Euria's bloated prices.

Paid a dollar for my Recettear on Steam as part of a $5 pack of indie games a couple of years ago. Booyah.

In terms of yuri content:

Suite > Futari wa > Heartcatch > Smile = Splash Star > Fresh > Yes 5! GoGo > Max Heart > Yes 5!

In yuri as in everything, Yes 5 comes in last.

Why is GoGo so low, though? Isn't
Milky Rose x Karen supposed to be the closest thing to a canon yuri pairing in the franchise?
Or so I've been told by people who have seen it...

I find the character/enemy designs painfully bland, but besides that, I got rather "hooked" on it.
The enemy designs are about as uninspired as you can get, but the characters and their quirks were :cajun as hell. Yayifications!
Oh man, I could do that stuff all day. There's something insanely satisfying ending the day with a big amount of profit. The adventuring portion is a bit more monotone, but all dem goodies make it worth it.
I'm a lootwhore through and through. Can't be helped.
You say this now, but wait until it's revealed she's
Yui's clone or whatever that spawned from a Naked!Rei blob that got kickstarted into evolution during Second Impact
or some crap like that in Eva 3.33.
My money's on
her being the progenitor for the Mass Production Evas.

joshiraku 11

I'm pretty sure I skipped like 5 eps, but w/e. Good fun anyhow. Rudoph Rambo was great.

When did this show get so fanserv... wait nevermind.

Well from the left they are:
  • Dio Brando (aka the beta version of my current avatar)
  • Yuuko from Nichijou.
    [*]Osaka from Azumanga in winter unifrom.
    [*]Chiyo from Azumanga in summer uniform.
  • Sailor Moon from Sailor Moon.
  • Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
  • Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
  • Konata from Lucky Star.

Oh, I was wondering if those were both Azumanga, so I guess I was right. Though my mind jumped to Sakaki instead of Osaka.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You say this now, but wait until it's revealed she's
Yui's clone or whatever that spawned from a Naked!Rei blob that got kickstarted into evolution during Second Impact
or some crap like that in Eva 3.33.
What is this guilty until proven innocent spiel? This is AMERICA.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
If you take off your limiters:

- Yayoi is a raging fujoshi who likes to pair the other characters
- Reika is pairable with every character
- Nao x Akane is real

But you would pretty much need the world's strongest yuri lasik vision to see any of this!

Anyway, here's the Pixiv tag for Nao x Akane if you just want to see if this is potentially for you, hahah. (NSFW content probably)

This is SDBurton you're talking to.

Perhaps I'm trying to manipulate him by pretending to doubt the strength of his yurivision.

Haha! Looks like it's next on my list after Suite then.

Ultimadrago

Paid a dollar for my Recettear on Steam as part of a $5 pack of indie games a couple of years ago. Booyah.

How dare you use the name of a greedy in-game character to help flaunt your savings!

I wouldn't have minded paying less than I did.

The enemy designs are about as uninspired as you can get, but the characters and their quirks were :cajun as hell. Yayifications!

They can be quite adorable at times!

Jex

It's all about the subversion of expectation. It's a movie that plays with your memories of the show and twists them in just the right way to make the whole experience feel fresh anew. Not like it doesn't have its problems --the jumps in character development due to the shortened screentime make for some really artificial motivation (I for one do not buy
Asuka becoming so lovey-dovey about Shinji so easily
). Oh, and Mari's character; completely pointless waste of time that exists solely for making Anno's pockets even fuller.

Animation and music-wise? Sublime. I didn't even dislike the Angel CGI!

Whatever you say, duckroll!

Kyousogiga (2012) 2

This didn't do any of what I wanted it to, in terms of fleshing out the world or characters, but for what it was - comedic hijinks while searching for a lost remote - it was well directed, well animated, and most importantly, funny. In fact, it's the most entertaining part of the franchise yet. The nonsensical aspects of the world work to its favor when played up for high-octane laughs. If the remaining shorts in this series are like this, I'll be fine with it.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - 05
YW2Uul.jpg

Excellent parody ...

this episode was a hit for more rather than a miss .. all they did was to move the plot a bit ..and the ep missed some jokes by staying serious ..but overall i'm glad i have some graps of what's going on .. they did just a bit but that was enough

uKfbql.jpg

Funny this show give me the same vibes as kimi no todoke but at least the 2 main characters are aware of the feeligns of the other .. All of this is much more bearable and watchable than i expected ...

Dynedom

Really need to start watching Tonari, Jojo and Robotics. Also gotta catch up on P-Pass.

Chuunibyou has been absolutely fantastic though.

this episode was a hit for more rather than a miss .. all they did was to move the plot a bit ..and the ep missed some jokes by staying serious ..but overall i'm glad i have some graps of what's going on .. they did just a bit but that was enough

uKfbql.jpg

Funny this show give me the same vibes as kimi no todoke but at least the 2 main characters are aware of the feeligns of the other .. All of this is much more bearable and watchable than i expected ...

Why do they have lines on their faces lol.

uKfbql.jpg

So much lines, it's like lupin!

trejo

The point isn't to actually find a show with yuri, you just need to trick SDBurton into watching it.

While y'all are trying to trick and manipulate SDBurton into watching Precure I explicitely stated, without any sort of dubious or ulterior motives, that Kuttsukiboshi is pretty much required viewing for him but my message seems to have gotten lost in the usual torrent of animegaf posts.

SDBro, do the right thing. Trust me.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Those votes look even lower than last year's. More proof of the irrelevance the tournament has fallen into.

teh fuck is Saki anyway

It is about lesbian schoolgirls that use magic powers to play mahjong.

survivor said:
Saki would be so much better if they played a funner easier to follow game.

I play Gin Rummy so I found the game easy to follow, scoring is really difficult though.

Steroyd

While y'all are trying to trick and manipulate SDBurton into watching Precure I explicitely stated, without any sort of dubious or ulterior motives, that Kuttsukiboshi is pretty much required viewing for him but my message seems to have gotten lost in the usual torrent of animegaf posts.

Oh yes, I second Kuttsukiboshi.

Follow your heart SDBurton.

And it's only 2 episodes.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
teh fuck is Saki anyway

Yuri Mahjong. Best mahjong.

Oh yes, I second Kuttsukiboshi.

Follow your heart SDBurton.

And it's only 2 episodes.

I've already seen Kuttsukiboshi! I thought I did impressions of it in one of the older threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom