• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

smile precure 37

Who'd wouldn't vote for this?
DSNxG.jpg

Am I doing this right, guys?

7Th

One random question for the Precure experts here - are all Precures in junior high? I assume that's why real romance is not a thing for them?

Almost every single Precure is 14; only exceptions are SUITE PRECURE SPOILERS
Ako/Cure Muse (10)
and Yuri/Cure Moonlight (17).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
One random question for the Precure experts here - are all Precures in junior high? I assume that's why real romance is not a thing for them?

Yeah, they're all 14 with a couple of exceptions (
Muse, Lemonade, Moonlight
). More than anything, I think it's just Toei's extreme aversion to rocking the boat preventing there from being romance in the show. The last time they flirted with romantic themes in the show was in Fresh, and (real spoilz, don't read Narag)
the totally noncommittal copout non-answer that Love gives to Daisuke in the final episode after building up the fact that Love's motivation for making it back from the endgame alive was to be able to respond to Daisuke's confession was fucking enraging

Am I doing this right, guys?

Nicely done.

sleepykyo

SAO 17

Welp, incest, pedophilia and now rape themes?

Fuck this anime, dropping this shit.

Darn. I was going to drop the series after the SAO ended but that sounds so deviously delicious.

Sekirei 2

So now they have a place to stay, so I guess that's good. It just so happens the place is full of other Sekirei. Then we learn that Musubi is a fighting type Pokemon Sekirei.
The fight scene was pretty well done and looked really good, probably helped that the two girls were naked the whole time as well.
Still in the setup phase, Minato still needs his harem.

Better fight scenes than SAO.

jbug617

Banned
Sekirei 2

The fight scene was pretty well done and looked really good, probably helped that the two girls were naked the whole time as well.

This is the first show that I discovered that there is nudity in anime (not including hentai). It was clean when I previewed it and when I got the blurays turns out there is nudity in the show. I was sort of shocked about it but now accept it.

7Th

). More than anything, I think it's just Toei's extreme aversion to rocking the boat preventing there from being romance in the show. The last time they flirted with romantic themes in the show was in Fresh, and (real spoilz, don't read Narag)
the totally noncommittal copout non-answer that Love gives to Daisuke in the final episode after building up the fact that Love's motivation for making it back from the endgame alive was to be able to respond to Daisuke's confession was fucking enraging

Can't ruin the day for
Love/Setsuna shippers.

Nafe

I loves Denpa so much, people should really watch it, it doesn't deserve to be some bonus in some DVD bundle. I wonder if the creator's other series Kure-nai is as good as Depan.

I really liked Denpa Teki na Kanojo too. It's on Blu-ray now though.

Nicely done.

How times have changed. All the inner senshi in Sailor Moon are 14 or 15, depending when in the seires you're talking about, and there's dating and romance in that show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You don't "Oh snap" yourself. That's just... gratuitous.
That's the only way to convey snark on the internet!

Almost every single Precure is 14; only exceptions are SUITE PRECURE SPOILERS
Ako/Cure Muse (10)
and Yuri/Cure Moonlight (17).

). More than anything, I think it's just Toei's extreme aversion to rocking the boat preventing there from being romance in the show. The last time they flirted with romantic themes in the show was in Fresh, and (real spoilz)
Did she go on a journey to learn how to say goodbye? lol

I'm a bit surprised that they are all in that age though. If your'e trying to reach young girls, I guess 14 makes perfect sense though. It's old enough that the girls are still role models, but not too old that they lose their innocence (to their hormones).

For some reason I thought the Sailor Moon characters were in high school, but they're in junior high as well. I guess it really is a matter of the fact that standards have changed.

Cwarrior

Jojo ep5

Dat broship it's beautiful

img000017.png

img000018.png

zeppelin you goddam frog punching pimp, that's an illegal amount of swag right there ~swoon
it's virtually impossible to fit all of zeppelin swag in anime format, am at least happy with the amount that made it in.

Not Magi ep4

It wasn't enough that this piece of crap was masquerading as magi but now it's trying imitate The great CG Kingdom, just shameful.

Syrinx

YuruYuri 13

So much for my hiatus. Decided to fuck studying for tonight and watch this. First off, are these new songs permanent? I don't like them. I don't want to have to learn more songs to get stuck in my head or for my brain to start mixing them up.

I enjoyed the opening part quite a bit, but it left me concerned at that moment. I sensed that something was up, but I was worried that I wouldn't enjoy the show if all the characters became Akari's harem (I don't like Chinatsu when she's going after Akari rather than Yui, and "AKASA AKARI!" isn't quite as satisfying as "TOSHINO KYOKO!. There were some good parts of this, like I said, such as Akari eating the cake whole, Chitose going off like a fountain, and, best of all, Chizure popping out of the floor with her guitar.

Needless to say, it was all Akari's dream. They go on vacation to some.. place. They proceed to play ping-pong, during which Chinatsu, without her knowing, gets many, many ping-pong balls stuck in her hair (did anybody think to.. I don't know... say to her, "Oh, Chinatsu, I'm terribly sorry, but we seem to have gotten some balls stuck in your hair. May we please retrieve them?" But, nope. The balls all come out in the hot spring.

Then they take another bath, during which Yui sands Kyoko's back with a towel. This gives Chinatsu a chilling death stare.

Then they watch Mirakurun 2. During this movie, Rivalun and her stupid robot thing have unleashed a horrible skirt-shortening plague upon the local middle school! This, of course, is the biggest girls clothes-related incident at this school since the great blouse-wrinkling of 2003. Needless to say, only Mirakurun can save the day. She does this by bashing stupid robot with a hammer. Then she wins. Then the movie... ends. I do believe the academy will go nuts over this brilliant film and shower it with Oscars.

Then everybody except Akari takes another bath. And I think Kyoko tries to molest Chinatsu.

Back on the train.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Did she go on a journey to learn how to say goodbye? lol

I'm a bit surprised that they are all in that age though. If your'e trying to reach young girls, I guess 14 makes perfect sense though. It's old enough that the girls are still role models, but not too old that they lose their innocence (to their hormones).

For some reason I thought the Sailor Moon characters were in high school, but they're in junior high as well. I guess it really is a matter of the fact that standards have changed.

It's
quasi-friendzoning
so I have no doubt that you'd love it, firehawk!

That's pretty much the reasoning for the age. Apart from the "innocence" thing it's pretty much the upper limit for relatability for a young audience. Teenagers are scary!

Nafe

Mild Spoilers for Sailor Moon Stars:
The girls enter high school starting in the first episode of Stars(and get better looking new uniforms!)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Idolm@ster PSP OP

Damn, that animation... Scamco has to release it in HD eventually, right? ;_;
Wow, this is really well done.
YuruYuri 13
First off, are these new songs permanent? I don't like them. I don't want to have to learn more songs to get stuck in my head or for my brain to start mixing them up.
They're around for good, except there
is a special ED
. Season two ED and OP are better than they were in the previous season.

Syrinx

Mild Spoilers for Sailor Moon Stars:
The girls enter high school starting in the first episode of Stars(and get better looking new uniforms!)

Weren't Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto legit adults, to add onto this?

Edit: Think firehawk wasn't specifically talking about them. Just thought it was interesting to point out.

They're around for good, except there
is a special ED
. Season two ED and OP are better than they were in the previous season.

Boooooooooooooooo.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I heard baking cakes for your lady friends usually leads to hardcore lesbian sex. Best keep watching for and let us know what happens, Burton.

Nafe

Weren't Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto legit adults, to add onto this?

Edit: Think firehawk wasn't specifically talking about them. Just thought it was interesting to point out.

Uranus and Neptune are about a year older than the inner senshi girls so they are not adults either. This is actually kind of funny since Haruka/Uranus is often seen driving a car or motorcycle. Pluto is the oldest and about the same age as Mamoru I believe as in her non-senshi form she's a university student.

Syrinx

Uranus and Neptune are about a year older than the inner senshi girls so they are not adults either. This is actually kind of funny since Haruka/Uranus is often seen driving a car or motorcycle. Pluto is the oldest and about the same age as Mamoru I believe as in her non-senshi form she's a university student.

Yeah, it's kinda hard to keep track of, what with Haruka being hardcore into the local auto/racing scene and Michiru being an advanced violinist. Then again they pose as students at the Mugen school, which is some advanced high school, if I remember correctly?

Ezalc

Sekirei 2

So now they have a place to stay, so I guess that's good. It just so happens the place is full of other Sekirei. Then we learn that Musubi is a fighting type Pokemon Sekirei.

Blastoise is the best pokemon followed by Pigeot. Bulbasaur is the worst.

bluesegulakuecp.gif

Thanks Hito, I shall check this out now.

Where is this from?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure! 37:

So, Aoki Reika. 1% traditionalist, no personality, runs a campaign opposing handouts and vaunting the virtues of personal responsibility. And then there's this:

So the horrible truth? In this campaign analogy, REIKA IS MITT ROMNEY.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyway, Reika finally got a proper character-focused episode, and it only took almost the entire series! I've always been disappointed with how she's been handled, and while this episode pretty much plays into everything we already know about her character, it was at least done in a way that didn't feel redundant. I miss the socially-inept, comically-serious Reika from the early episodes, but apparently there just wasn't enough material to sustain her quirks and she had to settle for morphing into a standard yamato nadeshiko. The realm of student politics is as good as any for giving her a platform to spill her guts on what defines her.

Also, I would have totally voted for Majorina because she wanted to turn the school into Hogwarts. Student political bodies are shitty, ineffectual, and corrupt anyway, so there's no harm in giving into the best bribe! (sorry Reika)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Parish... No, GAF was right about anime fans. Some day this thread and everyone in it shall be purged.

Pierrot's broken record image works well for this post too.

Nafe

Yeah, it's kinda hard to keep track of, what with Haruka being hardcore into the local auto/racing scene and Michiru being an advanced violinist. Then again they pose as students at the Mugen school, which is some advanced high school, if I remember correctly?

Yeah, Mugen Academy is an elite school. It was set up by Professor Tomoe as a front for the Death Busters group. I can't remember exactly right now but I think it also covered some earlier years in school and not just high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom