• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

I'm pretty sure you get sent to jail if you corrupt children with this filth.

Look, it's not my fault that folks around here are only interested in filth, there's plenty of stuff to watch that's innocent and pureTM.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So I guess that Femmeworth will be the one to make the Oreimo S2 OT. Makes sense.

Unless I was feeling particularly creative or had an idea that was so stupid I couldn't resist doing it, I wouldn't be the one. Plus I'm lazy.

Look, it's not my fault that folks around here are only interested in filth, there's plenty of stuff to watch that's innocent and pureTM.

He's right, you know.

Jex

From the New World 5 is the new Gurren Lagann 4.

That wasn't a badly direct episode of Gurren Lagann though.
It's weird with all the controversy revolving around episode five of Shinsekai Yori and how a lot of the complaints seem to be how 'bad' it looks (from what I've noticed at least) but I honestly thought the episode looked fine as far as the art goes. The backgrounds were detailed and the interesting color pallete kind of accentuated that dream-like atmosphere they were going for. Probably the only discrepancies, besides the stilted animations, were the noticeably different character models for this episode. They don't look bad at all in my opinion but it's still weird given that the look of the show has been consistent for every other episode.

The actual direction and the (mostly) incoherent narrative is another story though...

I think the complaints about the art itself are, as you mentioned, mainly to do with the characters being "off model".

Jex

Man, I wonder how many of these are permanently lost to history? I'm only aware of a small percentage of these that are available in English in any form.
I imagine the bigger and more popular ones were eventually released on DVD in Japan but in terms of English availability no-one is going to buy or maintain the rights for old shows that no-one's heard of. I suppose that only really leaves fansubbers and the like, but it's fairly well known that they largely devote their time to new releases for popular shows.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Pet Girl 4

iimiBl.jpg

Real subtle, guys.

PyhLfl.jpg

Also, fuck you guys. I guess I have to like this show now out of obligation.

It's just so weird having this show in the same season as Chuu2. It puts the whole socially dumb but special Magical Girlfriend thing in such a weird light, especially when the implication is that the hapless average guy automatically gets a girlfriend by just being the normal one/straight man. Pet Girl itself is interesting because it's by the book in so many ways, but it got over its "self-doubting" arc right off the bat rather than have it be the climax of the series. Hell, the way they ended this episode, it might as well have been a series finale - even AnoNatsu ended this way. It's just weird because now I have no idea where this show is supposed to be headed now and that actually makes me more intellectually invested in the show than I expected. Go figure.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
ewwww English dubs. Real anime fans only watch anime subbed. American voice actors cannot possibly compare to the emotion of the original Japanese, not to mention the meaning is more than often lost in the dubbing process!

Don't forget that delicate linguistic nuances that reflect complex social relationships like honorifics are impossible to translate into barbarian tongues:

Zx2os.jpg

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Pet Girl 4
It's just weird because now I have no idea where this show is supposed to be headed now and that actually makes me more intellectually invested in the show than I expected. Go figure.

Like I said before, they're probably
going to do side character arcs. Specifically Misaki (anime girl) and Jin and bullshit their way through that for a couple episodes before transitioning over to plain Jane and her eventual friend-zone end, then spend the last episode or two with dude with cats and socially inept painter girl.

Can't wait.

Branduil

The blush is always accompanied by a shine spot, which makes it look even weirder.

Like I said, it all makes sense if they're sunburned. The real issue here is that anime is not teaching proper skincare. You should always wear sunblock if you're going to be outside for any extended period of time, even if its cloudy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Like I said before, they're probably
going to do side character arcs. Specifically Misaki (anime girl) and Jin and bullshit their way thorough that for a couple episodes before transitioning over to plain Jane and her eventual friend-zone end, then spend the last episode or two with dude with cats and socially inept painter girl.

Can't wait.

Thinking about it, this is awfully similar to AnoNatsu. Although there is that hikikomori character that will either by a weird cipher like Remon or turn out to be a real character.

Depuis aujourd'hui, nous allons parler français à l'AniméGAF.
Zout allors?

Jex

From the New World – 05

That was maybe the worst drawn/animated episode of anything I've seen in years.

That aside, the show is pretty great.

I think it's time to call the hyperbole police on this comment especially in a season where we stuff like Jo Jo airing. The direction was certainly...confusing but the actual drawings and animation were fine, if a little odd.

cajunator

Banned
Looks like the new PV is live on the Prism Nana site:

http://prism-nana.com/

Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYzHMt1vTw4

This one is going to drive fan speculation off the charts, I guarantee it.

Also, as before, the song is catchy as hell.

What did they do to the art style? :(
Not digging it. Will check ir out anyway. I'm hopeful.

Kayoswatch Day 8

T-Minus 112 hours and 40 minutes and counting until SAOturday.

OMG OMG OMG
OMG OMG MASCOTTTTTTTTTKUNNNNNNNNNNNN
*SUPERTACKLEGLOMPS

This is the first show that I discovered that there is nudity in anime (not including hentai). It was clean when I previewed it and when I got the blurays turns out there is nudity in the show. I was sort of shocked about it but now accept it.

You didn't know there was nudity in anime? that just exploded my mind.
I think I discovered this watching Iczelion and the burn Up W OVA quite long ago. Along with Goldenboy.

Parish... No, GAF was right about anime fans. Some day this thread and everyone in it shall be purged.

Pierrot's broken record image works well for this post too.

We are the little moe cockroaches of the world. you cannot purge us.
Why would you want to? We're so cute.

Strawberry Panic is a wholesome show featuring girls who are at least of reasonable ages to be pursuing romance~

I agree with this postage.

They have to exist somewhere, we were all there at some point!

Absolutely, and it would be 100% true if I hated this community deep down :p

I haven't decided if this hits close to home or not. I'll give it some thought.

You're so crazy. I should make you watch Trouble Chocolate.

Pet Girl 4

iimiBl.jpg

Real subtle, guys.

PyhLfl.jpg

Also, fuck you guys. I guess I have to like this show now out of obligation.

It's just so weird having this show in the same season as Chuu2. It puts the whole socially dumb but special Magical Girlfriend thing in such a weird light, especially when the implication is that the hapless average guy automatically gets a girlfriend by just being the normal one/straight man. Pet Girl itself is interesting because it's by the book in so many ways, but it got over its "self-doubting" arc right off the bat rather than have it be the climax of the series. Hell, the way they ended this episode, it might as well have been a series finale - even AnoNatsu ended this way. It's just weird because now I have no idea where this show is supposed to be headed now and that actually makes me more intellectually invested in the show than I expected. Go figure.

I was kind of surprised by The pet show too. The main girl is doing her best Keanu Reeves impression but the supporting cast is strong and keeps the show flowing.

Jex

SAO 17

Welp, incest, pedophilia and now rape themes?

Fuck this anime, dropping this shit.
I always find it interested where people draw the line. Like, SAO, whether you liked it or not, always had some pretty silly stuff in it, but now that it's got incest in it that's where you draw the line. Not with, say, the little girl stuff from the first half of the season. Interesting.

cajunator

Banned
But people eat up Keyshit all the time.

Perhaps so, but moe/cute is familiar to the Japanese. they have a culture of cute things already so why is it a shock or bother that they adapt this to anime?
Anime will always be cute so long as Japan has this fascination with cute things.
I hope it never changes either.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Depuis aujourd'hui, nous allons parler français à l'AniméGAF.

Anime es la morte.

Unlike certain other languages, we don't need to be reminded how to intonate the vowels in a word every time we read the word!

/ugly American

> definitely not a linguist

> really just hates memorizing alt codes

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ginga e Kickoff! 25

First of all, that was not fucking futsal. Futsal is played indoors and not on fucking grass. Stop lying to the children, you fucking bastards.

Also stop of fellating on FC Barcelona goddamn you are making me feel old in my days we talked about Bianchi's Boca or Rigo Sacchi's Milan or Del Bosque's 'Galácticos' Madrid.

...I miss the old ending song. :(
Anime es la morte.

Unlike certain other languages, we don't need to be reminded how to intonate the vowels in a word every time we read the word!

/ugly American

> definitely not a linguist

> really just hates memorizing alt codes
English could use some more intonation keys every once in a while.
French assigns genders to all nouns, even things which obviously have no gender. That's more whack than anything in Japanese.
¡Las lenguas romances te dan la bienvenida!

I always find it interested where people draw the line. Like, SAO, whether you liked it or not, always had some pretty silly stuff in it, but now that it's got incest in it that's where you draw the line. Not with, say, the little girl stuff from the first half of the season. Interesting.

1. "Aww, that little girl has a crush on him!"
2. "Aww, she want's to fuck her brother*!"

There's a BIG jump inbetween those

They're not even related so IT DONT COUNT BRAH

I'M STILL GAME

NOT DROPPING IT UNTIL I SEE THE BIRTH CERTIFICATES STATING IDENTICAL LAST NAMES

Jex

1. "Aww, that little girl has a crush on him!"
2. "Aww, she want's to fuck her brother*!"

There's a BIG jump inbetween those

They're not even related so IT DONT COUNT BRAH

I'M STILL GAME

NOT DROPPING IT UNTIL I SEE THE BIRTH CERTIFICATES STATING IDENTICAL LAST NAMES

Two responses.

1) Yes, that little girl has a crush on him, which is a perfectly reasonable storyline to have. What's less reasonable is that they then show the little girl in her underwear because they know that's what the audience wants to see.

2) Who wouldn't want Kirito? Haven't you seen how good he is at videogames?

Narag

Two responses.

1) Yes, that little girl has a crush on him, which is a perfectly reasonable storyline to have. What's less reasonable is that they then show the little girl in her underwear because they know that's what the audience wants to see.

Don't forget the tentacle monster.

Two responses.

All reasonable.
Don't forget the tentacle monster.

Who could forget?

Like I said, it all makes sense if they're sunburned. The real issue here is that anime is not teaching proper skincare. You should always wear sunblock if you're going to be outside for any extended period of time, even if its cloudy.

It's the only explanation that makes any sense.

Two responses.

Take the good with the morally questionable, I always say.

http*://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luixt4Vkg51qf14tro1_1280.jpg

*TL Note: HTTP stands for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol, an Application Layer** IP protocol used for the tranfer of .html text files from html servers to client browsers. *

**The Application Layer is the 1st layer in the OSI*** model**** **

***OSI stands for Open Systems Interconnection***

****the OSI model contains 7 layers, however, being that they are all boring as shit*****, they will not be listed

*****Boring as Shit is used to describe an object that interests no one and has no reason to exist, see 'Infinite Stratos'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom