• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parish... No, GAF was right about anime fans. Some day this thread and everyone in it shall be purged.

Pierrot's broken record image works well for this post too.

With Hito gone there is nothing stopping Evilore from sending a cleansing fire upon this thread. Make sure your affairs are in order before you meet your maker.

You guys am sick

lsjSG.gif

Pooya

Magi - 4

oh, looks like there is an actual plot now, pretty good episode in comparison with the first 3, still characters aren't any interesting.

Didn't expect that happening :(

Horse milk? ewww . Aladdin really likes boobs.

will watch more

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's
quasi-friendzoning
so I have no doubt that you'd love it, firehawk!

That's pretty much the reasoning for the age. Apart from the "innocence" thing it's pretty much the upper limit for relatability for a young audience. Teenagers are scary!
You'd think girls want to be teens with the boobs and the clothes and whatever heteronormative thing that girls are into these days. But I guess that's what shoujo is for I suppose. lol

And hooray for
:kanna
!

Mild Spoilers for Sailor Moon Stars:
The girls enter high school starting in the first episode of Stars(and get better looking new uniforms!)
Yeah, I do remember that. Took a while!

Weren't Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto legit adults, to add onto this?

Edit: Think firehawk wasn't specifically talking about them. Just thought it was interesting to point out.
Neptune and Uranus were in high school I believe. I don't remember though.

Man, remember when Magical Girl shows had lesbians?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
With Hito gone there is nothing stopping Evilore from sending a cleansing fire upon this thread. Make sure your affairs are in order before you meet your maker.
I am ready. I'd give my GAF experience a 7/10.

Given more time and less off-topic browsing (not OT community) I would have awarded it a higher score. Sadly GAFs forumread is hampered by the stupidity there.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

So basically, whenever the Oreimo S2 OT goes up. At least we have a time frame for our extermination.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So basically, whenever the Oreimo S2 OT goes up. At least we have a time frame for our extermination.

I need to make amends with firehawk12 before that happens.

If we have to perish, the Rose Council will go down with grace and dignity dammit!

Andrew J.

Smile Precure 37

Reika isn't the Precure equivalent of Twilight Sparkle because she's a good student; Reika is the Precure equivalent of Twilight Sparkle because she is plagued by existential doubt.

Idolm@ster PSP OP
Damn, that animation... Scamco has to release it in HD eventually, right? ;_;

This reminds me. Did everyone see the new Dream Club ad for western otaku?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lzouSyltE
https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/262971731776516096
神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya ‏@PG_kamiya
Oh, TRUE JAPAN. RT @jmramossenoret This is what D3 Publisher thinks about Western Players "enjoying" Japan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lzouSyltE … Do u agree?

For those who like card games there is another expansion to Tanto Cuore (Dominion type deck building game but with anime maid characters) that has a funding drive ending in three days. This might be relevant to people here so if the theme doesn't turn you off or you liked the original. It is standalone. http://www.indiegogo.com/tantocuore

I was disappointed with this week's Code Breaker. It just wasn't as funny as episode 3. I sure hope this show was supposed to be an intentional comedy.

Psycho Pass: I like the premise but I was expecting a bit more pull from the characters given the writer. Kind of hard to follow up the last two shows though. Still I'm interested and enjoying it just wanted a bit more punch to it.

So far my favorite shows for fun entertainment have been JoJo, Sword Art Online, Code Breaker, and Busou Shinki.

Dresden

Btw, probably the worst thing about robonote ep3 was the non-robot-fighting segments of the tournament, where there's supposed to be a crowd but the way it's handled is so miserable. I get that it's a darkened arena, but at least make the effort to make it seem like there's something there. Bland ugly backgrounds are sort of a hallmark for the show, but it was particularly bad in this episode.

It's supposed to create the impression of a stadium packed full of people, but it looks so empty (and the sound mix is bad so when there's a 'cheer' from the crowd supposedly gathered there, it sounds like a crowd for a water polo game) that you'd think it truly was bereft of spectators were it not for the single shot they flash on screen for three seconds that shows the crowd itself. Which coincidentally is composed entirely of people who has seen some shit.

I had some complaints about the awful announcer dude's design too, but it might just be one of the downsides of adapting a VN.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I had some complaints about the awful announcer dude's design too, but it might just be one of the downsides of adapting a VN.
They don't have to go 1:1 with the source material. That guy was really distracting/annoying/out of place and kind of the cherry on top of an episode that was already floundering.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 04

I would watch a show where the roles were reversed for reasons...

Cool, boy who doesn't know what to do gets his resolve. Not a bad episode and hopefully this means further movement or silly hijinks as they teach us about the wide world of
game developing
. I'll take either!

Articalys

ANN posted an interview today with Yoshitaka Amano, from which this question is probably of most relevance to Anime-GAF:
You collaborated on the film Angel's Egg with Mamoru Oshii. People still debate the themes of the film today, and some wonder how much of the story was yours and how much was Oshii's. Is there anything you'd like to say about the meaning of the film?

It was really Oshii's project. I'm not sure if I should talk about this, but at the time Oshii was getting divorced and he had a daughter he couldn't see. So he felt that he was creating some unhappy memories and unhappy times for his daughter, and perhaps that experience resulted in Angel's Egg. But that's something I heard well after the fact.

The worldviews of Oshii and I are a little different. I think Oshii brought a more religious angle to the film. That wasn't my doing so much as it was Oshii's. I was more into the fantasy part. That was our collaboration. So when you look at those portions of the film, the religious and esoteric part is Oshii and the fantasy element is me. For Angel's Egg, I went to look at fossils, and that was a movement of inspiration for me.

Angel's Egg is a your-results-may-vary movie, where if you don't know a lot about movies you won't get a lot out of it. There's a film called The Spirit of the Beehive that influenced it, with its stories of Frankenstein's monster and a soldier and two children. You're more likely to appreciate everything as a gestalt if you have an appreciation for movies than if you just watch it dry.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
ANN posted an interview today with Yoshitaka Amano, from which this question is probably of most relevance to Anime-GAF:

"You're more likely to appreciate everything as a gestalt if you have an appreciation for movies than if you just watch it dry."

Maybe I'm tired, but I have no idea what this means. If you are watching this movie "dry", does that you don't have an appreciation of movies? What does "appreciation" mean? Being able to pick apart the components of the gestalt nature of the film?

Narag

Oh that's neat.

Maybe I'm tired, but I have no idea what this means. If you are watching this movie "dry", does that you don't have an appreciation of movies? What does "appreciation" mean? Being able to pick apart the components of the gestalt nature of the film?

I just took it as someone familiar with film in general would be able to better understand it than someone watching it just to kill time, especially given the relative lack of dialogue and strong reliance on symoblism.

Thanks for drawing my attention to this; I'll certainly take any tidbit I can about the creation of Angel's Egg. His description of what came from him and what came from Oshii isn't surprising. I'm not sure if its effectiveness really depends on the viewer having a deep knowledge of film as he implies, but perhaps he meant that the viewer has to have an openness to and appreciation for the unconventional in film, which is certainly the case. I'll have to go watch this Spirit of the Beehive film; I haven't heard of it before.

Also I see that the Deva Zan anime project isn't totally dead. Maybe. I guess we'll see if anything ever comes of that. In any case, I should pick up the book; I can't get enough of Amano's art.

Gintama' 202

And, we're back from a two year break. It's been a long time and it's awesome to see everyone back and upgraded after their two year training.

I will say pretty much everyone got a great upgrade. Best time skip yet.

Wide screen Gintama is glorious as well.

サムライハート!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh that's neat.

I just took it as someone familiar with film in general would be able to better understand it than someone watching it just to kill time, especially given the relative lack of dialogue and strong reliance on symoblism.
Oh, so it's like "fans of the genre" type pablum. lol

Gintama' 202

And, we're back from a two year break. It's been a long time and it's awesome to see everyone back and upgraded after their two year training.

I will say pretty much everyone got a great upgrade. Best time skip yet.

Wide screen Gintama is glorious as well.

サムライハート!

One word: Balls!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I suppose so. AnimeGAF can be born anew with fresh blood and pure intent.
Where are you going to find people like that who watch anime?

Edit: Wish me luck. Since kayos came back I am going to catch up on SAO.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Sekirei 2

So now they have a place to stay, so I guess that's good. It just so happens the place is full of other Sekirei. Then we learn that Musubi is a fighting type Pokemon Sekirei.
The fight scene was pretty well done and looked really good, probably helped that the two girls were naked the whole time as well.
Still in the setup phase, Minato still needs his harem.
My only surprise is that it took you this long to pick this up.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Where are you going to find people like that who watch anime?

Edit: Wish me luck. Since kayos came back I am going to catch up on SAO.
They have to exist somewhere, we were all there at some point!
Have you ever considered that, deep down, you want to be the one to ignite the flame that eventually consumes us all?
Absolutely, and it would be 100% true if I hated this community deep down :p
He wants to be the last one standing so no one is left to judge him for his taste in smut. :(
I haven't decided if this hits close to home or not. I'll give it some thought.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
He wants to be the last one standing so no one is left to judge him for his taste in smut. :(

What tomat doesn't realize is that being the prophet of doom doesn't exempt him from being smote with the rest of us by the powers that be. In fact, they're usually the first to perish--consider the Iliad!

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/Steroyd666/EEEVIIIL.gif

Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom