• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risette

A Good Citizen
HF7Y1562_ghost-in-the-shell_2.jpg

HF7Y1563_ghost-in-the-shell_2.jpg

yeahhhhhhh

Well I love Horizon, but the script is a mess... They're trying to fit 2100+ pages of book into 13 episode afterall. You can't understand shit without help from site like this.

The staff trying hard to make at the very least the content deliver the impact despite the circumstances, which why the show became hot seller because the novel reader applauding them on message board.

i remember watching eps 1&2 .. getting bored by so much information at once ..and getting back .. months & months after and i restarted at ep 2 ... IN the middle of EP 5 i was like " oh so that's it" ..and then everything just put itself together naturally ... it was afterwards that i looked for more information that i discovered the thing was even bigger than i anticipated.
You're right the script is "something like a mess" but they trully did the best they could with it ..

Suite Precure - 12
Oh and new finishing moves, woot!
Toei: " we need to sell toys !! ASAP !"

jman2050

It's where I should sneak in the first k-on series to avoid his criticism!

Yes. Less to get back at jman, and more that you just should.
ZpIXR.gif

Maybe! We'll see.

what

K-ON!! is super classy

K-ON is lovely. A rare display of walking that delicate line between delightful infatuation and subliminal fanwank. The moe moe scene with Mio does come to mind however.

Azunyan was made to masturbate over though.

My authority is gooder. Ha.

K-On is the best show Kyoani has made, so you should've directed that at Jman, dresden, not me.

K-ON is very good and was previously the best KyoAni show, but Hyouka topped it.

Some people just like to hate good things. There is even people who hate K-ON!! believe it or not!

K-On is good

Haruhi is the work of the devil

It's not hard to figure out!

Either way, the concert in Haruhi was rotoscoped so the K-ON concerts are superior by default.

Even this is better than rotoscope.

o7Gje.jpg

cajunator

Banned
hey guys, i've got an anime question and this looks it might be a good place to ask.

i want to buy some more anime, preferably on bluray. all i own right now is samurai champloo. i'd like it to be a complete series and not suck, particular genre doesn't really matter. also it cant cost 5 million dollars. any recommendations?

Baccano

remz

I've heard bad things about the 2.0 version before, but hadn't actually seen it until your comment motivated me to look up a comparison of the opening. What is with all the added bloom? Not to mention the bizarre recoloring.

ULfxX.jpg

The 2.0 image on the right looks lifeless in comparison. Why would you do this?

Pretty clear the 2.0 filter has been put on to make the movie look more like Innocence, unfortunately, whereas the orange look to innocence is pretty nice, jamming it into the original movie doesn't work.

don't fuck with classics

Risette

A Good Citizen
Pretty clear the 2.0 filter has been put on to make the movie look more like Innocence, unfortunately, whereas the orange look to innocence is pretty nice, jamming it into the original movie doesn't work.

don't fuck with classics
Innocence isn't orange except for one part though. It's more blue and green.

Syrinx

YuruYuri 16

RIP Choco.

Okay, Imma be totally honest right now. I was seriously getting a little emotional during the Choco story. I really got fairly misty-eyed for crazy science lady for a minute. Then, she says....she made up the whole thing. FUCK. YOU. YOU. ASSWIPE! Seriously, how messed up do you have to be to make up a story like that?! That's fucking cruel. Ayano was right to be pissed the fuck off. Also, why did she make a flying clock? Then a dog clock? IT'S A FUCKING CLOCK! What do you want, Big Ben in your stupid Student Council room? Too bad. You get shitty generic digital clock and you'll fucking like it.

Also, why was crazy science lady carrying the president into the room? Does she have a disability besides being mute that I don't know about?

It seems like Yui wants to return the favor to Chinatsu for her thing that somewhat resembled something that kinda looks maybe like a scarf. Is this Yui trying to show she's thankful, or is she beginning to feel the love for Chinatsu? Probably the former. But I guess I'll see.

Probably as much as I'm going to watch tonight.

Kagami

Sakura-sou / Pet Girl 3

This show is oozing with potential. I hope it pans out.
I can think of a few different possible reasons for Jin's behavior, and they might all be true at the same time.
Protagonist is maturing fast.
Shiina is a little boring at this point, but I have a feeling the whole cast is going to turn out to be more complex than they appear so far.

Joe Molotov

I can just watch Season 1 and pretend like Endless Eight never happened, but every time I wanna watch GITS on Blu-Ray, BAM, I got this monstrosity starring me in the face. Does the Japanese BD have English subs? If it does, I might just buy it so I can throw away this crap version.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I can just watch Season 1 and pretend like Endless Eight never happened, but every time I wanna watch GITS on Blu-Ray, BAM, I got this monstrosity starring me in the face. Does the Japanese BD have English subs? If it does, I might just buy it so I can throw away this crap version.
Yes.

Infinite Ryvius 15

Inconsistent visual quality and direction and too much technobabble for my tastes (whenever people start going on about 'solids' and 'fields' I start to zone out), but the narrative itself - the key points of the battle and especially the ending
with Heigar manufacturing a revolt to get rid of Blue's crew
- was great.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You know how I harp on Medaka Box all the time? I watched the last two episodes that came out and they were really enjoyable. So thanks for encouraging me to stick with it, because this season seems like it'll be pretty fun.

"Milk it, milk it for all it's worth!!"

Suite Precure - 13

I really hope
Cure Muse doesn't turn out to be that snot nose loli punk. Her sharp tongue has made me want to toss her into a trash bin many times already.

Are you talking about ako ? her sharp tongue is what make her intresting ... what if she is a tsundere ?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
You know how I harp on Medaka Box all the time? I watched the last two episodes that came out and they were really enjoyable. So thanks for encouraging me to stick with it, because this season seems like it'll be pretty fun.

Those non-shounen first arcs shouldn't even exist, but NisiOisiN wanted to shock everyone so he chose the stupid genre switch path. Flask Plan Arc is the beginning of true Medaka Box.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

These past few days have been the opposite of boring for me. But for all the wrong reasons (first stressing on what to show my visiting friend during his time here, then my car dying, then trying to keep my friend entertained while we weathered the hurricane, and spending literally all of today trying to get rid of my Toyota and getting a Subaru instead).

Um, hi guys, been a while. ^^;

Anime GAF has really gotten me into anime again and I have a question after viewing a few of the shows from the Summer and Fall thread. Does anyone use paid Crunchyroll subscriptions here? The price seems very good and I like the idea of 720p content so I thought I'd ask before I bit the bullet.

OceanBlue

Those non-shounen first arcs shouldn't even exist, but NisiOisiN wanted to shock everyone so he chose the stupid genre switch path. Flask Plan Arc is the beginning of true Medaka Box.

I always assumed NisiOisiN just needed something in order to keep Medaka Box from getting cancelled, so he switched it to a battle manga out of nowhere. It was always at the bottom of the Jump ratings, if I remember correctly.

Well, I dropped it when it became a battle manga, so they might have been foreshadowing it the whole time or something.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Does anyone use paid Crunchyroll subscriptions here? The price seems very good and I like the idea of 720p content so I thought I'd ask before I bit the bullet.
Yes. It's a pretty alright service. I feel like they are trying really hard, but sometimes find themselves out of their own bounds. Like, it's really cool that they have a new PS3 app, but it's prone to breaking often if you fast forward/rewind too much.

I like supporting the website. You can actually stream their stuff in 1080 too if that's your worry.

wonzo

Banned
Comes with both the English Sub and Dub.

Kagami

Anime GAF has really gotten me into anime again and I have a question after viewing a few of the shows from the Summer and Fall thread. Does anyone use paid Crunchyroll subscriptions here? The price seems very good and I like the idea of 720p content so I thought I'd ask before I bit the bullet.
Yep I use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom